• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot see Ultimate SEO URL MOD in configuration

MicroShaft

Actually I think it runs the scripts for you. There should be 'SEO URLS' in the configuration section under admin.

thats just it dont see it at all. installed a copy on my local machine and i could see it but i just dont see it in admin on the live version at all.

there were only 2 files that i had to change as regards to admin the general and catergories one. done that

but nothing

Edited by MicroShaft

I cant seem to find anybody else who has had this problem. How can i check if the database script have ran

This contribution installs the database configurations the first time it runs. This is clearly listed in the install document. The changes made to the database is what allows you to see it in your admin panel.

so that being said, I will guess that you also installed the latest revision to this contrib with the "if" statements? I am assuming this because I installed this contrib 3 days ago and think I know what you are experiencing. I would suggest installing this contrib without the latest revision to it posted. My experience is that it prevents the db scripts from getting installed correctly and you can easily add those changes later. you also need to make sure that you do every step including the .htaccess file before the intelligent installer puts the proper configs in your database.

hopefully you are doing this on a test store as opposed to a live active store as while you are monkeying around it may cause your shop to stop displaying products.

This contribution installs the database configurations the first time it runs. This is clearly listed in the install document. The changes made to the database is what allows you to see it in your admin panel.

so that being said, I will guess that you also installed the latest revision to this contrib with the "if" statements? I am assuming this because I installed this contrib 3 days ago and think I know what you are experiencing. I would suggest installing this contrib without the latest revision to it posted. My experience is that it prevents the db scripts from getting installed correctly and you can easily add those changes later. you also need to make sure that you do every step including the .htaccess file before the intelligent installer puts the proper configs in your database.

hopefully you are doing this on a test store as opposed to a live active store as while you are monkeying around it may cause your shop to stop displaying products.

Thanks man

I am using the if statements. i wil take out the if statments and try. i have had difficulites testing it out on my local machine becuase its windows and i had a few problmes mainly seeing the 404 screen. read a few posts which told me this mod works best on*Nix.

i have backed up db and all my files so worse comes to the worst RELOAD. have you managed to ge this mod working . im also using C-dynamic met tag mod hope this wont cause any problems

Thanks man

I am using the if statements. i wil take out the if statments and try. i have had difficulites testing it out on my local machine becuase its windows and i had a few problmes mainly seeing the 404 screen. read a few posts which told me this mod works best on*Nix.

i have backed up db and all my files so worse comes to the worst RELOAD. have you managed to ge this mod working . im also using C-dynamic met tag mod hope this wont cause any problems

I may be wrong but I don't think it works on Winbloze period. Like at all. So unless you got a *nix box, look up the other contrib for winbloze. I thought I read it was the cname and pname contrib....

it won't hose your DB, just cause a bunch of 404 while trying to hit product_info.php....and maybe a few others but can't detail since my store is beyond custom at this point...

Does the db script change the tables or just add a new table

I may be wrong but I don't think it works on Winbloze period. Like at all. So unless you got a *nix box, look up the other contrib for winbloze. I thought I read it was the cname and pname contrib....

it won't hose your DB, just cause a bunch of 404 while trying to hit product_info.php....and maybe a few others but can't detail since my store is beyond custom at this point...

been reading up on this mod and so many people had problems. is it easy to uninstall after with out screwing up the shop

Edited by MicroShaft

Does the db script change the tables or just add a new table

been reading up on this mod and so many people had problems. is it easy to uninstall after with out screwing up the shop

I adds one table for the cache....and 2 records to each of the configuration tables.

Okay cool

i think i will attept this tommorow its 3am if sh*t hits the fan id rather have daylight around to see it coming

thanks for your input much appreciated

I thinks it hit the fan

im getting 404 page not found i think it might be the HTA file but i have not idea how they work

my site it located like this

www.domainname/shop/catalog/

i have the hta file in the catalog folder

this is it any ideas where im going wrong

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Edited by MicroShaft

I thinks it hit the fan

im getting 404 page not found i think it might be the HTA file but i have not idea how they work

my site it located like this

www.domainname/shop/catalog/

i have the hta file in the catalog folder

this is it any ideas where im going wrong

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

was your database information written this time? if it did get written and you can see the SEO in admin>configuration I would suggest now adding the IF statements AND turning the SEO for now...make sure your site works, then turn it on again.... also their were some threads about setting the cache values to NO to troubleshoot your problem.

its cool figured it out

should have /shop/catalog/ in the hta file .

seems to be working fine at the moment. i will place those if statments back in

next step google site map mod.

also any idea why the oscid still in url

just in the process of replacing the if statements .

quick question been reading up on this Spider Session Remover. is this a must becuase im still seeing OSCID in the url . i thought the oscid would not appear after this mod

Guess what lol lol lol.

i can see two SEO URL in my admin config menu. lol its like the british bus service you wait for one and two arrive at the same time.

any idea how to get rid of one.

you probably should use phpmyadmin to delete one.