• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local Delivery Contrib Help

queasyprawn

Hello all,

I am looking to setup the Local Deliver contribution on a clean OSC install.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1993

I've got it working up to the point of what it says it can do, but I need to take it a step further, and I don't think it will take too much coding. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I have it setup so that only people in certain zips will even see delivery as an option. I have a fee set of $5. This works as advertised. However, here is where the extra step is needed. I need to set two zip codes to have the fee of $3 where all the rest of available zip codes have the fee of $5.

Im pretty sure this is possible with some fairly light hacks. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks in advance!

txcrew

I figured out a fix, perhaps not the best one, but it does the job.

If anyone else is looking to do the same thing, all I did was create two instances of the Local Delivery contrib. One was called dlylocal.php and the other was dlycity.php. Then I just specified the zips in each to allow one or the other with each having their own rate.

Thanks.

txcrew

• 9 months later...
I figured out a fix, perhaps not the best one, but it does the job.

If anyone else is looking to do the same thing, all I did was create two instances of the Local Delivery contrib. One was called dlylocal.php and the other was dlycity.php. Then I just specified the zips in each to allow one or the other with each having their own rate.

Thanks.

txcrew

can you sned my the modified dlylocal please?

thank you very much