• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

I think i have the same problem as you... i think it's the php coding, but i?m not a php wizzard..

Do you know where i can find the modified code to add to general.php ?

Thnxz your help.

This is from his intructions from the readme file in the zip.

Step #5 - In:

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Just before the ?> at the very end of this file add the following:

function tep_cfg_readonly($value){
  $single[]= array('id' => $value,
					'text' => $value);
  return tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration_value', $single, $value);
 }

function tep_cfg_pull_down_installed_fonts($font_name) {
  if ($root=@opendir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT.'includes/imagemagic/fonts')){
		while ($file=readdir($root)){
			  if($file=="." || $file==".." || is_dir($dir."/".$file)) continue;
			  $files[]= array('id' => $file,
							 'text' => $file);
		}
  }
  return tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration_value', $files, $font_name);
}

function tep_cfg_pull_down_installed_watermarks($watermark_name) {
  if ($root=@opendir(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT.'includes/imagemagic/watermarks')){
		while ($file=readdir($root)){
			  if($file=="." || $file==".." || is_dir($dir."/".$file)) continue;
			  $files[]= array('id' => $file,
							 'text' => $file);
		}
  }
  return tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration_value', $files, $watermark_name);
}

function tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment($watermark_alignment) {
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Tiled',
					'text' => 'Tiled');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Top',
					'text' => 'Top');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Top Left',
					'text' => 'Top Left');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Top Right',
					'text' => 'Top Right');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Center',
					'text' => 'Center');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Bottom',
					'text' => 'Bottom');
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Bottom Left',
					'text' => 'Bottom Left');	 
  $align[]= array('id' => 'Bottom Right',
					'text' => 'Bottom Right');																																									 
  return tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration_value', $align, $watermark_alignment);
}

I hope I did that right an it doesnt screw up the page.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out how imagemagic would be able to protect copyright by adding watermark (image or text) while showing the image. Does anyone have any thought about this, or has it been discussed before? (a link to the topic or to a site that uses imagemagic would be appreciate :thumbsup: )

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I can't figure out how imagemagic would be able to protect copyright by adding watermark (image or text) while showing the image. Does anyone have any thought about this, or has it been discussed before? (a link to the topic or to a site that uses imagemagic would be appreciate :thumbsup: )

Ken

you can it it in action here: there is a watermark in my poroduct info popups images:

www.thefrenchybee.com

you can it it in action here: there is a watermark in my poroduct info popups images:

www.thefrenchybee.com

Thank you for the link. A great site! wonder what contribs you use on your site, those related to site layout?

Do you really believe your images are fully protected from saving on someone's pc without the watermark, if they want to? As I'm already able to save a few (just for test, no use for me! :) ).

I have tried the methods (no right click etc), but so far my conclusion is no worth the time/trouble.

And if you disable js, then no images would show on product_info pages.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

Thank you for the link. A great site! wonder what contribs you use on your site, those related to site layout?

Do you really believe your images are fully protected from saving on someone's pc without the watermark, if they want to? As I'm already able to save a few (just for test, no use for me! :) ).

Ken

I use more than 80 mods on this store, the list is long...

Regarding layout design, it's a "in house" design (a lot of work in the product_info.php) so it's not available "out of the box, sorry)

And I do not believe in image full protection :-), since these non-watermaked images are also available by looking at the source and removing the imagemagic parameters from the URLs... but not everyone knows that :-)

I use more than 80 mods on this store, the list is long...

My god, 80 mods! Sounds like a rocket engineering :) !

I am not making comments on your site, but just out of curiocity: why on your home page the right column is about 100px out of the screen, while any other pages are just the right size, and it appears this is very easy to fix?

Anyone else has other imagemagic show case? I would like to see a bullet-proof image protection site.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

My god, 80 mods! Sounds like a rocket engineering :) !

I am not making comments on your site, but just out of curiocity: why on your home page the right column is about 100px out of the screen, while any other pages are just the right size, and it appears this is very easy to fix?

Anyone else has other imagemagic show case? I would like to see a bullet-proof image protection site.

Ken

Because the elastic layout is constrained by the width of the big image on the home page (I am too lazy - and to busy - to resize it.) All other pages can flow on pretty small screens because they can shrink, as opposed to the home page.

For a better level of image protection, do a REAL watermark in your images, called DIGIMARC (http://www.digimarc.com/comm/images.asp), when you create your images with photoshop. This will embed some invisible pattern in your images, like a signature, and is trackable . Somebody steals your image, this serice is able to tell you who uses your image. Its a fee based service.

For a better level of image protection...

Thank Hugh, I knew that one and other tricks, but thats not what I am interested in. I am only interested in how far could imagemagic go to protect a copyrighted image. So far I am of the view that it is not very much useful as compared with its image resizing feature (smaller dumbnails).

btw, your site could enter osc's guinness record for the number of mods :-)! (if there's one).

Ken

Edited by GemRock

I am only interested in how far could imagemagic go to protect a copyrighted image.
i agree with pixclinic's statement "I do not believe in image full protection :-)" - i have had many clients ask me about just this - i always talk them into avoiding such and explain that a site design that intergrates images with non-invasive watermarks that incorperates the site's domain name is actualy like free advertising if such images get "gleaned" - i go on to explain all that's involved in the protection of images while pointing out that doing such not only isn't worth the effort but also reduce the much desired 'word of mouth' advertising (which is always 100% free).

so with that being said, i have had a great interest in this too - for mere curiousity's sake...

as far as your question > beyond the watermark, it does not seem to me that imagemagic adds any other means of "image security"

At A Glance / Some Considerations (some random thoughts) ---

last thing first (in theory stage):

i have yet to explore this but since the final base method of gleaning images would involve a simple screenshot then i would imagine that such can be avoided by actually using single framed (or very short / non moving) video - embedding of certain video formats will display it's image on the page, but will not appear in screenshots --- [ this makes me wonder about the use of a custom DTD > perhaps that can be made to get actual images (jpg, png, etc) not to appear in screenshots like video ]

most overlooked:

i find that even when sites go to great efforts to 'secure' their images they most often overlook the "Temporary Internet Folder" or cache - for that matter - even 'hotlinking' gets over looked - but the inclusion of simple meta tags that erase the page from a user's computer's "memory" the instant it finishes loading can address this issue - as well, hotlinking can be easily addressed too...

page linking:

(possibly through 'oncontextmenu>>disable' etc.) even if a page's source is rendered inaccessible (sometimes frames can help do this) a user can still make for themself's a custom html that links to a page with "desired image" and then use "save target as" on the page they made and save the source to their computer for source inspection - so in a sense, being that OSC is php you have a jump start to avoid this issue...

the fact is server side scripting (such as php) might be the best way to protect images (other than that old simple screenshot method) - an extreme example would/could be that the php generated html only uses clear gifs, but the php reads the page and image local, etc to place desired image behind the clear gif using the php which the user will never see via css 'background' or layers perhaps - consider even a css can be dynamic.

Anyhow:

the list of considerations goes on and on and on (i'm only getting started) - but i believe it's possible to secure images near 100% - but undesired, for once again, doing such may possibly only cause disatisfaction for visitors - you might want to consider a form of "samples" instead of intergration of "important images"...

I could also add, that part of a good image protection program is a courtesy phone call to the "borrower". It often works, I've done it several times:"product image photography on this site totalizes a five figure pricetag, how would you would like to be billed?"

And a good lawyer is not a stupid idea to consider as a last recourse to take action if you don't feel heard.

Edited by pixclinic

btw, your site could enter osc's guinness record for the number of mods :-)! (if there's one).

Ken

Ok here is the list of MODs on thefrenchybe.com and still looking around :-)

( I was not happy by what CRE loaded or Zencart had to offer, so we developped our own package)

Plus some "in house" mods specifically developped for FB

zonesworld_v2

zones_rest_of_the_world

xsell_v2.2

Who's Online Enhancement 2.00 full package by azer

viewed_products_1.8

UpdateCurrencies 0.6

UnsoldCartsReport_v2

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv2x

trysearchingforv1_1

time_zone_offset_1

Supertracker v3.2b

stats_customers_orders_v1.2b.2

sslbox

SiteMonitor_V_1

SimpleWishListReportForMyWishlist1.03

sid_killer_v1

shop_by_price_oscMS2_v2_2_1

SEO_Assistant V_1.3.3 full package

SaleMaker 2.2MS2v1.02

Review approval system

Residential_commercial_contrib_1

Remove Product From Cart Button

re-orderv1.0

purchase_without_account_1

Private_Messages_v1

Referer 1

price_editor

prev_next_3

PayPal Verify_Footer

PDF data-sheet v.1.4

close_popup_v1.1.txt

Ad Tracker Add On

batch-print-center

admin_dhtml_menu_v2.1

infobox_header_clickable.html

customer-registration_report

AuthorizeNet_AIM

OrdersAtAGlance_v3.0

orders_tracking_2

order_editor_2_3

MyWishlist v1.03

more_pics_6_v1.2

month_sales

manufacturers 2

Bulk products importer

categories_description_MS2_1.9

batch_update_status_v0_4

ImprovedOrderNumber_osCommerse.txt

Email_Subject_order-status v 1.5

Google XML Sitemap - Admin 2

Admin_SSL_fix

ChangeFinalBreadcrumbTrailItemv1

PRODUCT EXTRA FIELDS

Extra Address Line

CCGV(trad)

enhanced_vendors_2_0

enable_disable_categories_1.6.1.1

Email Invoice 1_1

search_queries_v0.93

add_Thumbnail_borders_v1_2-1

add_borders_v1_2

explicit category names.html

add comments to invoice.TXT

googleSitemap_PHP

google_analytics_module_v1.2.2

ajax_shopping_cart v2.0

ajax_quick_searchv1

abxcore-4.3.3-ioncube

Easy Populater 2.8-MS2

Dynamic_SiteMap_V_1

cvv2_version2

Admin Only Comments Box v1.3

Live Support Plus v1.00 by Acheron

Linkmatics_AttributeSetsPlus_v1.01

Custom_META_Tags_per_Item (randelia)

CURRENCIES_addon

Add butoons to Infobox Shopping Cart

Improved_order_number_in_emails.txt

How_Did_You_Hear_1.5

Estimated Shipping v1.5

image_magic1_13_1_2_3

constant_contact

Adding_product_fields.txt

Google Earth hack

Ok here is the list of MODs on thefrenchybe.com and still looking around :-)

I've been lurking on this thread, but I gotta pipe up and mention that the frenchybee site looks fantastic. I hope you don't mind if I steal some ideas for my own site!

In exchange, I noticed you use a number of mods to track site hits and what not. Has everyone started using Google Analytics yet? It's absolutely fantastic and free:

http://www.google.com/analytics/

I've been lurking on this thread, but I gotta pipe up and mention that the frenchybee site looks fantastic. I hope you don't mind if I steal some ideas for my own site!

In exchange, I noticed you use a number of mods to track site hits and what not. Has everyone started using Google Analytics yet? It's absolutely fantastic and free:

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Steal whatever you want as long as this is not images ;-)

Google analytics is great (if you have time to analyze all their data - and interpret it. Hiring an SEO company for this is not a bad idea. It's good to have number, it's better to know what to do with them:-)

Could someone tell me please, how to make my thumbnail text stay with the same color (white) ??
i believe you want to edit your stylesheet.css (in main catalog directory) - you'll have to learn about css stylesheets to do so, of course - great stuff to learn - there's ton's of info and tutorials all over the internet - you need only to google/search for such...

i believe you want to edit your stylesheet.css (in main catalog directory) - you'll have to learn about css stylesheets to do so, of course - great stuff to learn - there's ton's of info and tutorials all over the internet - you need only to google/search for such...

elazar: which thumbnail text? on which page?

-- all sidenotes --

pixclinic,

wow! super list of mods -- thank you much for taking the time to list such - i actually found some in your list that i was on the verge to start searching for - the great thing is seeing them in your list i know that such are 'tested' and work! :thumbsup:

sidesidenote -- lol - believing that Elazar question pertains to css i did not want to spoon feed him/her the info because the more one learns about css the better they are for it -- lol --

Vines,

glad to see you're still here - i'm planning in a week or so to start a new thread concerning the dev of the 'Images & Media' beta contrib - even though i'll not be getting to making it till late this year or early next, i think a discusion of desired features and php intergration, etc. would prove beneficial - would you like me to send you a private message informing of when/where i start such thread or do you think i should merely announce it here in this thread?

-- all sidenotes --

pixclinic,

wow! super list of mods -- thank you much for taking the time to list such - i actually found some in your list that i was on the verge to start searching for - the great thing is seeing them in your list i know that such are 'tested' and work! :thumbsup:

sidesidenote -- lol - believing that Elazar question pertains to css i did not want to spoon feed him/her the info because the more one learns about css the better they are for it -- lol --

Vines,

glad to see you're still here - i'm planning in a week or so to start a new thread concerning the dev of the 'Images & Media' beta contrib - even though i'll not be getting to making it till late this year or early next, i think a discusion of desired features and php intergration, etc. would prove beneficial - would you like me to send you a private message informing of when/where i start such thread or do you think i should merely announce it here in this thread?

Sometimes, i was searching for a quick fix. And a "look for and replace by" was very welcome! If this guy is not familiar with the OscComm struture, he might spend days looking for this, and it takes 10 seconds for an experienced coder. This is maybe what he's looking for and not learning css, which took me more than a day before I master it

Vines,

Yes, please. I will be very interested, especially in media (video) capabilities. Look forward to it. I can't offer much by way of php skill, but I can definitely add some stuff related to media.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi, I installed yesterday the "on the fly automatic thumbnailer using gd for ms.2.2". Today I saw this contribution. I have two questions:

Can I install this also without installing the other first?

Also I noticed that when I click on my images on the frontpage (new products of the month), I get the whole url for the icon_newarrival.gif that I use, only when I click on the products image. When I click on the new arrival image, I get the correct url (ny, which is new in norwegian). It looks like this:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/includes/languages/norwegian/images/buttons/icon_newarrival.gif

What is supposed to show when clicking on the products image is the title of the product.

I have installed the "Search friendly URL v.1.10" contr. and I have also installed the "New products icon v.1.0." contr.

I'm not sure which gives me this problem, but I did not notice it before installing the thumbnail creator.

I would very much like to install this image magic contr., but I would much appreciate it if someone here could answer me about my problems mentioned above first :-)

Thank you so much.

Here is url to mits if you want to take a look:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Hi, I installed yesterday the "on the fly automatic thumbnailer using gd for ms.2.2". Today I saw this contribution. I have two questions:

Can I install this also without installing the other first?

the 2 MODs cannot run together: they use a common function which is altered, you will have to uninstall the on the fly first if you want to run image magic.

the 2 MODs cannot run together: they use a common function which is altered, you will have to uninstall the on the fly first if you want to run image magic.

OK. Thanks. I will uninstall the other then. Seems like this one has more options :-)

Kjolebutikken:-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken