• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

Ok, I just had to read a little better, I the drop down menus for watermark and text to stop faulting..

But now when the drop down comes down, there is nothing in the selections..

It has the menu, but nothing to select, the fonts are there, and the watermarks are there, in the directory

but I can't get them to load to the menu so I can select them.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge with php. And thanks again in advance...

John

And what is the solutions for this, I read all the posts, but couldn't find it. I still get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_pull_down_installed_fonts() in /users/pcmania/public_html/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

when I try to select 'Text Watermark Font Name' in the admin area.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question that is prob the most important.. i have a large serve rload on a medium size store. and it is directly related to image magic. i dont use it to process store graphics and i have cache thumbnails set to true. and as soon as i disable this contrib and watch my admin on server load goes down bigtime... is the problem just the code? or possible something else directly related?

i have a question that is prob the most important.. i have a large serve rload on a medium size store. and it is directly related to image magic. i dont use it to process store graphics and i have cache thumbnails set to true. and as soon as i disable this contrib and watch my admin on server load goes down bigtime... is the problem just the code? or possible something else directly related?

Have you checked this post just above ? : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=903420

Edited by Celluloid

Eric

so what I did was I deleted out the imagecreatefromjpeg and imagejpeg calls and after the header() call I put in the following:

$push_file = fopen($filename,'r');

while (!feof($push_file)) {

print(fread($push_file, 1024));

flush();

@ob_flush();

}

fclose($push_file);

could you please give the complete code with your changes?

Thank you!

Kind regards

G?tz

Ever since I installed this, all product images in the admin section no longer show, like when previewing and item, or when you highlight an item it shows a little thumbnail, and even in other mods that are supposed to have product images. Is this because of this contrib, or because I screwed something up?

Ever since I installed this, all product images in the admin section no longer show, like when previewing and item, or when you highlight an item it shows a little thumbnail, and even in other mods that are supposed to have product images. Is this because of this contrib, or because I screwed something up?

Well if the only modifications you did was installing this contribution, there might be, indeed, a problem somewhere : have you followed the installation process carefully and checked errr... what needs to be checked ? (thumbnails generation directory, rights on this directory, etc)

PS : I was tempted for a few secondes to answer you by a :

" 'Welcome to the official support thread for the " 'Screw Image' Magic " contribution !

- oh damn ! I installed the wrong one ! "

Imagemagic has been working great for me on the customer side, however I have a few broken images on the admin side. I'd like to know how to resolve this problem as it effects my invoices(i have to turn imagemagic OFF to get my logo on the invoices). When looking closely at the images specs it just point to a directory, not to the image, I right clicked and selected, "View Image" and i got : "No input file specified". This is only on two images, but one of those is the logo and it's important. How do I go about fixing this? I poured through the instructions again with no progress.

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

ok, i check my install, all is done:

-gd is installed (i see it on list of tools/server_info in the admin side)

-replacement text in html_output.php is done like dj07 said to do it

-imagemagic is working because it appears in url of product images

-thumbnails images are created, i see them in "/catalog/thumbnails" directory

but product images (generate by "tep_image" function) still don't appear in the client side

i guess that "&" in images url aren't interpreted but i'm not shure.

there is an example of url for image "octane_2.jpg":

http://localhost/catalog/imagemagic.php?im...;page=prod_info

and the thumbnails associates with is : octane_2.jpg.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_100x25_322020c9c3bddd45a251fc65c2d0e980.jp

g

Somebody no what is the problem?

thanks for all,

i had the same issue...

the thumbnails is generated, but doesn't show :( even if i turn off the cache, doesnt show.. the only way i get working the images is when i turn off the entire imagemagic

http://www.rigam.cl/catalogo/imagemagic.ph...;page=prod_info

http://www.rigam.cl/catalogo/thumbnail/ima...99dc2ca0faa.jpg

what can i do?

i had the same issue...

the thumbnails is generated, but doesn't show :( even if i turn off the cache, doesnt show.. the only way i get working the images is when i turn off the entire imagemagic

http://www.rigam.cl/catalogo/imagemagic.ph...;page=prod_info

http://www.rigam.cl/catalogo/thumbnail/ima...99dc2ca0faa.jpg

what can i do?

Yep and I want to join the 'cannot get this contribution working' club too :'(

I have rechecked everything my inexperienced little brain can and searched the forums til cross eyed but finally just turned the thing off to get my pics back :(

BUT I want it to work!!!! I keep checking this thread so have now added my voice so I can get email notification. Good luck.

Hi,

First: thanks for this very useful contrib.

Downloaded it an hour ago, installed it and it works fine (no probs at all).

I do have a concern regarding the watermark function.

I've installed OSC on a home (not web connected) server to build and test a store stat will be selling HQ prints of photos. For that on the fly watermarking is a must.

All pics on the site show the watermark logo and text as set up in the admin part.

The thing is, when I tried to avoid watermarking and downloading the non-watermarked images I succeeded in doing that by copying the image properties (right-mouse) of the pop-up image to a new browser window.

The only thing I had to do was remove the ?&page=popup? parameter.

So if you have a pop-up image with the url:

http:www.yoursite.com/catalog//imagemagic.php?img=images/test.jpg&w=700&h=300&page=popup

it gets watermarked.

When you next change the url (in that same window) to

http:www.yoursite.com/catalog//imagemagic.php?img=images/test.jpg&w=700&h=300

(remove &page=popup) the watermark is gone.

I don't know if this is a bug or the result of a wrong server setting, but I think it's clear that this behavior is undesired for my store.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks,

Mario

trax - that is what "encrypted" filenames are for under admin. HOWEVER, it should be noted that as far as I can tell imagemagic is NOT a suitable replacement for a real download management package. it is basing everything off of an image that is free and in the clear. you can turn on filename encryption and even modify the package so it leaves filename encryption on and watermarking off for logged in users, however there is no real way to "distribute" the file with image magic.

if I were you I would leave watermarking turned on at all times (as well as filename encryption if protecting the pictures is required). I would then have the picture stored in two different places. One place where image magic can find it for display, and another place where a real downloadable content manager will be able to package up a non-watermarked copy for download by customers. this is IMHO the only way to truly protect your content as you are describing. to further protect things I would have your originals that image magic is using in kind of a dense directory structure and/or have different names than their downloadable counterparts. if they had the same names and, say, were all located in /images/ some unscrupulous person could just download a few pictures, get your naming structure under order, and then just try to bulk download using sequencing from /images/.

Thanks for your replay, Borghe.

You wrote:

this is IMHO the only way to truly protect your content as you are describing.

IMHO this isn't the case.

I think Imagemagic should always check the database settings for watermarking before outputting an image to a 'client'. In addition the images should be stored in a non web-accessible directory so only by using Imagemagic the picture can be seen.

This way scrambling is not required and images are always watermarked (and optionally down sampled) by Imagemagic.

Preferably Imagemagic should also have some configurable defaults that are applied when no height, width and page parameters are passed in the url.

FYI,

My site will not offer downloads, but printed copies of the HQ-photos.

To reduce manual down sampling and watermarking (before upload) Imagemagic seemed a good solution, but I need 100% security against 'backdoor downloading'.

sorry. I thought you meant offering photos for download. yes, if you are offering them for sale printed, then imagemagic is certainly able to handle things. just have both filename encryption and watermarking turned on. they will still have unlimited access to the watermarked pictures (unless you have inventory browsing turned off for unregistered users) but at least they won't have any access to the non-watermarked pics.

Borghe,

I switched on encryption (and the filenames are indeed encrypted now) but I'm still able to download the full-size images by copying the image properties of an image in a "view lager image" pop-up and removing the the heigth, width and page parameters before pasting it into a new browser window.

It seems that image magic is just parsing the full-size image if no parameters are given for heigth, width and page. For that reason I can't use Imagemagic unless it at all times watermarks and down-samples the output.

Any other suggestions?

Borghe,

I switched on encryption (and the filenames are indeed encrypted now) but I'm still able to download the full-size images by copying the image properties of an image in a "view lager image" pop-up and removing the the heigth, width and page parameters before pasting it into a new browser window.

It seems that image magic is just parsing the full-size image if no parameters are given for heigth, width and page. For that reason I can't use Imagemagic unless it at all times watermarks and down-samples the output.

Any other suggestions?

If you really want to protect your images watermak in Photoshop (yes, that's some work) and use www.digimarc.com

I have done all correct!!But the images in my store does not display !

I have change the path in configure.php and not result !

To note: My store is in the root directory, I do not have a "catalog" directory - however I didn't notice anything under the code that was edited that pointed to a catalog directory.

An example of an image link shows as follows:

http://www.atualoja.com/imagemagic.php?img...;h=78&page=

All of the product images are now showing as a broken image.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks in advanced

[...]

An example of an image link shows as follows:

http://www.atualoja.com/imagemagic.php?img...;h=78&page=

All of the product images are now showing as a broken image.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks in advanced

The link you gave shows an image containing the full URL.

I would look for a "echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];" or a "echo $PHP_SELF;" or any kind of "echo /SOMETHING/;" in imagemagic.php an try to comment it ...

You don't need to put it ON ...

The previous link you gave DOES give (somehow) the reason why the images don't display ...

What would be useful for ANYONE to help you (and not EXCLUSIVELY ME) would be to retrace your steps...

I have done all correct!!But the images in my store does not display !

I have change the path in configure.php and not result !

That's LIGHT info : you have done all correct from ... ? The official installation procedure ? The hints that were given here and there ?

There could be tons of reason why the module doesn't work ...

Without any background, no one can help you ...

Well ... let?s go.I gone explain everything ... step by step.

I install Image Magic V1.15 (tomjmul 20 Jun 2006 ) with this instructions " http://www.celtware.com/im/instructions.php " . The sql file i have installed is that who comes with this contribuition(and not the one in the instructions page).

Then i follow step by tep this page "http://www.celtware.com/im/instructions.php " .

The Optional Steps i don?t make.

The Broken link in my site is this " http://www.atualoja.com/imagemagic.php?img...;h=78&page= "

Best regards ....

Is there a way I can purge my thumbnail cache off my server. I tried to manually delete the files via WS-FTP but it said the files were protected.

I have been playing around with watermarks, and some are now showing the old one.