• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for the Image Magic contribution

tomjmul

Chris,

I have had a look at your site. This first thing I note is that you definitely need the thumbnailing functionality of i/m. Your homepage alone is serving maybe 2MB of images. This would otherwise kill your site speed and cost a fortune in bandwidth.

The second thing is that image magic is not being activated at all. (right click image - no imagemagic.php in properties)

As to why, I suggest the following

1. Verify the installation is correct

2. Read the readme thouroughly

3. Likewise this thread.

This is usually the simplest problem to fix and 1,2 & 3 should sort it out. If not post again.

Tom

OSC Image Magic

On-the-fly thumbnails, watermarks and image processing

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

appreciate your contrib, it works very well - I've been able to get everything to work at this point and and now trying some custom mods to work with other contribs I like. thanks for coding it!

Scott

Scott,

Glad to hear it's working well for you.

Tom

You are a little dictator... The people only want to help to your contribution in http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,thumbnails and the only thing you do is to ignore their help saying "Please ignore the post directly below which would break this script."

The possibility of upload a new version for anybody is for all the contributions. You are NOT special.

For example, I need your contrib, but as you are so selfish, I'll search for other contrib that make the same as yours.

Oh do piss off!

Edited by tomjmul

OSC Image Magic

Hi Rachel,

Love the site!!!

The problem is that you are not using the standard popup_image.php script to handle your popup images.

I/m looks for this filename in the url in order to detect a pop up image and do its thing.

I'm not sure what you are using there, but it seems like some sort of custom html page for each popup.

The way around this is not at all straigtforward, so unless you wish to radically rethink your way of handling pop-ups, then unfortunately you won't be able to use any functions of i/m on these images

Tom

To be honest, I don't like the popups, period. I prefer using 'target="_blank"' because it isn't as messy (yeah, I know it's not strict and FireFox users will hate my guts for not being tabular, but tough noogies!). Is there anyway to pass on a watermark to the base picture?

To be honest, I don't like the popups, period. I prefer using 'target="_blank"' because it isn't as messy (yeah, I know it's not strict and FireFox users will hate my guts for not being tabular, but tough noogies!). Is there anyway to pass on a watermark to the base picture?

Well yes there is, but on initial thoughts, you would need to make sure of 2 things

1. Your custom pages use the tep_image() function to display the images

2. You manage to cram the string 'popup_image.php' somewhere into your url. For instance this is a url for one of these popups:

http://www.subcultureofone.com/shop/brief-history-grifonton-mini-comic-pi-40.html?invis=4

If, after doing step 1, you get the url to be something like:

http://www.subcultureofone.com/shop/brief-history-grifonton-mini-comic-pi-40.html?invis=4&page=popup_image.php

i/m will treat this as an ordinary popup page and add your watermarks. However you would need to make sure the added bit goes right through your slide show, IE when the visitor clicks the right or left arrows the 'page=popup_image.php' is also added to those url also.

Tom

Edited by tomjmul

OSC Image Magic

Hi Tom. Thankyou for your reply. I tried your fix and it worked a treat!!!

As for the watermarks... the URL for my site is http://www.dream-store.co.uk/estore .

I have set yes to all the options and none of them have a watermark. I have set the watermark to a .png file. I have even tried using the text watermark to see if that will work but that doesnt either.

Thanks

Chris

seen your site, great pic you have there...

i also have that prob at first but mine is because carelessness which i did not create a folder called thumbnails or whatever as configured in your admin panel..

before creating the folder, i'm getting all broken link images but after created the folder with 777 mod, pictures start to come out and so does the watermark. try double checking. just a thought of mine.

for all who are still facing problem installing this great contribution..bear in mind...READ THE README FILES FROM A-Z. DON'T JUST SKIP TO THE INSTALLATION PART.

nice~~

p/s: tom..i read that someone is piss off with you? what's his problem? hehehe

p/s: tom..i read that someone is piss off with you? what's his problem? hehehe

His problem, it would seem, is that his brain would outwardly appear to have all the logic equivilent to that of a catepillar say. It has, through, possibly sub-catepillar reasoning formed the opinion that I actually care whether or not he uses image magic on his website. And thus, it has additionally formed the intent to take both the time and trouble to come here and let me know it's decision. :D

OSC Image Magic

Welcome Tom,

Installed your contrib successfully in my local server (Windoz with Apache) but, something is wrong with GIF images.

All the JPGs are shown correctly, but GIFs are not. (See screenshot below), just appear as blank box.

Click for Screenshot

Changing all GIFs to JPGs is not solution at the moment, since I got more than 2000 images (mixed)

Any idea?

Thanks

Edited by expert

I think this may be a problem with your GD version. Try switching on 'output gifs and jpegs' in the image magic section of your admin panel

OSC Image Magic

when i activate it tom the trouble seems to come with the water marking i have it off now because no images will appear when its on when i do the image watermark nothing happens or comes up but when i do the text watermark the imagin doesnt appear at all. if theirs anythign else you need to know i would be glad togive it to you to get a lil help thank you again for this contribution.

Hi Tom,

First off, thank God you're back...I would have wasted at least another week trying to get the text watermark to work ;-).

Thanks for the help last evening especially.

I'll let the others know now what issues I ran into , in case others come across the same problems, and actually read the posts :-).

First off the "/" in front of the "includes" in imagemagic.php lines Hallmarc was referring to was the problem I also had. To fix it originally (when Tom was AWOL) I hacked around in my configure.php file and managed to get the image watermark to work. But, the real problem was that this line in configure.php :

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

should be as per below, - see the trailing /

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/');

That solved my first problem...it gave me small, category, and heading graghic watermarks.

I still did not have popup watermarks. Thanks to Tom, he found that since I had added the "More pics" contribution which modified my popup_image.php file, the mod for "More pics" was causing my graphic popup watermark to fail. The way to resolve it was to revert to the standard popup_image.php file. So no "More pics" for me , at least til someone comes up with a fix for it.

My final problem was that my text watermarks broke every one of my images when enabled. Tom did some testing and found I was missing a required GD functionality on my server, but I'll have to let Tom specify the details of that...bottom line I don't have textwatermarks to use on my site...which is ok as I have the graphics watrermark working, which was what I wanted...all the other features work fine.

Tom, thanks again...and let me know your link details...great job....good luck at school

Mark

MarkM -

Yes I remember the trouble you posted about the watermarking. You are a soldier my friend. Determination is definitely one of your stronger qualities. Read through this thread again, I know I found the instructions for getting the watermarking to work with more pics contribution. I also remember having to find the original contribution for more pics before WYSIWYG was added to it and I also remember having to remove a lot of the sections in the more pics contribution so that I only uploaded one image for each of the additional pics I wanted and let Image Magic do the rest. you can see a sample of this on my test site. PM me and I will send you the link.

Edited by HallMarc

when i activate it tom the trouble seems to come with the water marking i have it off now because no images will appear when its on when i do the image watermark nothing happens or comes up but when i do the text watermark the imagin doesnt appear at all. if theirs anythign else you need to know i would be glad togive it to you to get a lil help thank you again for this contribution.

Chris, PM your instant messaging details and I will be in touch to help you sort this

My final problem was that my text watermarks broke every one of my images when enabled. Tom did some testing and found I was missing a required GD functionality on my server, but I'll have to let Tom specify the details of that...bottom line I don't have textwatermarks to use on my site...which is ok as I have the graphics watrermark working, which was what I wanted...all the other features work fine.

Yes indeed, we came across a problem that I had not anticipated. It would seem that Mark has a version of the GD library installed on his host which does not have the freetype libraries linked in. This would prevent text watermarking ever working for him.

Tom

Edited by tomjmul

OSC Image Magic

Chris,

I have had a look at your site. This first thing I note is that you definitely need the thumbnailing functionality of i/m. Your homepage alone is serving maybe 2MB of images. This would otherwise kill your site speed and cost a fortune in bandwidth.

The second thing is that image magic is not being activated at all. (right click image - no imagemagic.php in properties)

As to why, I suggest the following

1. Verify the installation is correct

2. Read the readme thouroughly

3. Likewise this thread.

This is usually the simplest problem to fix and 1,2 & 3 should sort it out. If not post again.

Tom

Right so I have checked everything if I type in the address for /imagemagic.php it shows these errors...

Warning: Division by zero in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 478

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 480

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is generally a path problem.

Check in configure.php that you have a trailing slash / on the end of your DIR_FS_CATALOG definition.

Tom

OSC Image Magic

Oh and guess what now back to:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 478

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 480

Oh and guess what now back to:

Well guess what? The solution is on this thread

Tom

Edited by tomjmul

OSC Image Magic

I apologize for post in contribution support, I meant to post here instead. Thanks for such a well written contribution - very nice. I am having problems getting it to work with mopics contribution, however, and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the two to work together. I'll keep trying and will post any success, but would love to hear from anyone that has already been through this. A link to see problem is here: http://mishoes.net/the-closet-c-27.html .

Again, thanks for a great contribution, and any suggestions on fixing problem.

NS

I have gone through all 300 and something posts but I cant see anything...

Could you tell me the post number?

Thanks Tom

Chris

Right I have read and read and read some more. And I still cant find anything. Can someone please help, my site is live and has no watermarked images my business relies on photographers selling there photographs with my company securely.

I am getting these errors in 'imagemagic.php', I guess this means that it isnt working...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php:136) in /home/qeanrknr/public_html/estore/imagemagic.php on line 477

My website URL is: http://www.dream-store.co.uk/estore

Thankyou

Chris

I have installed this contrib but i can't see any images in web.

When I turn on Image Magic i can't see any image, but image properties shows me .../imagemagic.php?img=images/ps1-ps2/accesorios/action-replay-maex-evo.jpg&w=100&h=80&page=

Any idea??? I have created the thumbnail folder but it doesn't works in localhost and server.

Thanks...