• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another way to install

maartenvonz

As I am having so many problems and not getting any answers, I need to try install oscommerce by not using the browser based installation procedure.

How do I install oscommerce from the command prompt? Which, where & how are the files changed during the installation process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't use the install script,

- upload the database using phpmyadmin

- upload the files in the archive to your server using an ftp program. You don't need to upload the install directory.

- change the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files to the proper settings.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A big thanks to Jack. you have ended weeks of frustration.

i still have some setting problems for the configuration files. Any refs to support? I must admit I haven't searched the forum at this point.

Once again, thanks.

Maarten

I don't know of any example for a configure file other than here in the forums where others have posted theirs to be fixed. You could try posting yours. Just leave out the sensitive information.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived