REQUEST FOR QUOTE: Freight and International Shipping Quote Modules

Naegle

This is the Support Thread for

---------------------------------------------------------

Found Here....

---------------------------------------------------------

This is a simple contribution that allows customers to...

1) Submit the order for freight quotation after payment,

---Or---

2) Submit the order without payment and wait for final quote.

The store owner then contacts the customer with the request information, and the final transaction is made through the store, not the website.

This was my answer to shipping heavy freight, or shipping international orders, where too many variables made it impractical to design specific modules for each carrier.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the mod but failed to install.

On adding the shipping mod in admin i got this error.

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Enable Shipping Quotes', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RFQ_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer freight quotes?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())

[TEP STOP]

Before that i got a file not found error. Found this to be the RFQ.php in upper case.

Also couldnt find :

3) \catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php

Add the following line right after "define('EMAIL_TEXT_PAYPAL', 'PayPal');"

Also cant find :

4) \catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php ->>

switch($payment) {

case 'cod' : // Cash On Delivery

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CASH_ON_DELIVERY . "\n\n";

break;

case 'cc' : // Credit Card

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD . ' ' . $cc_type . "\n\n";

break;

case 'paypal' : // PayPal

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYPAL . "\n\n";

break;

}

In catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php ???

Would love to get this mod installed as it solve a lot of problems with shipping large items.

Cheers,

Viking.

I tried this mod and got the same results as viking.

Looks like a great mod. Do you have some other mod installed that this one builds on?

Ed

I'm looking into it...

I set this up a few months back so my memory is a bit rusty. I'm going to try and do some reverse engineering and to remember what I did. I've already noticed a few small errors in the INSTALL.txt file. I'll post my finds soon.

-Dan

I'm looking into it...

I set this up a few months back so my memory is a bit rusty. I'm going to try and do some reverse engineering and to remember what I did. I've already noticed a few small errors in the INSTALL.txt file. I'll post my finds soon.

-Dan

Dan,

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Viking.

Here is the updated package.

RFQ (Request for Quote) v1.1

Just replace the orginal files with these. You'll only have add a few lines in two files. Other than that copy the new files over and install the modules from the admin. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need anything else.

- Dan

Dan,

Just have the small problem of not seeing the quote for shipping as a shipping option in the shop during checkout. It installs in admin ok and the mod shows as a payment option on check out.

Cheers,

Viking.

Uninstall the shipping module, and replace your files with these, including a new icon.

RFQ (Request for Quote) v1.2

Then reinstall the module.

I was too tired to test the customer side last night. Thats what you get for cutting corners. :-"

This morning I made the fix, uninstalled and installed the new version in my store. Seems to work fine now.

Let me know how it goes...

- Dan

Uninstall the shipping module, and replace your files with these, including a new icon.

RFQ (Request for Quote) v1.2

Then reinstall the module.

I was too tired to test the customer side last night. Thats what you get for cutting corners. :-"

This morning I made the fix, uninstalled and installed the new version in my store. Seems to work fine now.

Let me know how it goes...

- Dan

:D :D :D

Great job Dan,

Working just fine. Many thanks.

Viking.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Request for Quote v 1.3

This updated, complete package now includes a sort order in admin, and the option to disable this module for a specific zone.

i.e. For international orders only, select your country to be disabled.

If previously installed, unistall the old modules and reinstall the new.

The english langauge files have also been edited.

ENJOY! :thumbsup:

Edited by Naegle

Hi,

This is just the contrib I'm after for my 'rest of the world' zone, however, I can't seem to enable it or disable it on specific zones. I've tried selecting the zone I want it disabled on, yet it still appears, I've checked that it's not 'enable' on selected zone but still no joy. Are you certain the zone specific enable/disable works?

Cheers,

Graeme.

Request for Quote v 1.3

This updated, complete package now includes a sort order in admin, and the option to disable this module for a specific zone.

i.e. For international orders only, select your country to be disabled.

If previously installed, unistall the old modules and reinstall the new.

The english langauge files have also been edited.

ENJOY! :thumbsup:

Hi,

This is just the contrib I'm after for my 'rest of the world' zone, however, I can't seem to enable it or disable it on specific zones. I've tried selecting the zone I want it disabled on, yet it still appears, I've checked that it's not 'enable' on selected zone but still no joy. Are you certain the zone specific enable/disable works?

Cheers,

Graeme.

Graeme,

It might have to do with how your zones are configured.

I have tested the contribution with two test accounts, one domestic and one international, it works for me. In the admin I selected the zone to disable (ie United States). The option shows up on the international account, but dose not appear on the domestic account SHIPPING.

Has anyone else had problems with the SHIPPING Module? It seems to work fine for me...

... and as I type, I realize this needs to be included on the payment module as well. I'll update the package ASAP for the payment module. The shipping side should be fine.

Regards,

Dan

Dan,

Nice work there buddy. I like what I read but haven't tried it yet.

I have a question for you.

Have you made an admin mode where a customer goes through the checkout process and want to receive shipping quote, you get that order notification, get the shipping quote, send it to the customer, customer then clicks on "I ACCEPT" or whatever button and it just then processes their actual order and charges them for the total amount with the shipping?

THank you in advance.

Dan,

Nice work there buddy. I like what I read but haven't tried it yet.

I have a question for you.

Have you made an admin mode where a customer goes through the checkout process and want to receive shipping quote, you get that order notification, get the shipping quote, send it to the customer, customer then clicks on "I ACCEPT" or whatever button and it just then processes their actual order and charges them for the total amount with the shipping?

THank you in advance.

I'm working on that now.

I have it setup now where I can edit the orginal quote with notification (i.e. include shipping charges). Then the customer logs into to his account history and "Confirms" the order, which takes him back through checkout with a new order (importing the info from the quote).

The problem is it starts over at shipping. I'm working on configuring it so it goes straight to the payment window and imports the shipping info. I'm not sure when I'll get it done. I'll be out of town for a few weeks so it probably wont be until late next month. I'll post my findings when I can.

- Dan

... and as I type, I realize this needs to be included on the payment module as well. I'll update the package ASAP for the payment module. The shipping side should be fine.
Hi Dan,

Very nice, thank you for this contribution. Did you upload the new payment module? I see a blank field with no heading in Admin/payment under the True/False radio buttons. Is that for zones, or is that where 'Who is the contact for quotations?' is supposed to go?

Also, this will be absolutely fantastic ...

customer logs into to his account history and "Confirms" the order, which takes him back through checkout with a new order (importing the info from the quote).

I'm working on combining your module with Restore Order For Customer and Edit Order to place the Quote back into the customer's cart for checkout.

Kind regards, EricK

Did you upload the new payment module? I see a blank field with no heading in Admin/payment under the True/False radio buttons. Is that for zones, or is that where 'Who is the contact for quotations?' is supposed to go?

Well, I havnt uploaded the payment module with the zones fix yet, since I'd like to wait until I can upload the new package. For now I'd leave the feild since it isnt functional. On my updated module, I have...

1) True?False Enable Module

2) Zone disable for international quotes only

3) Order Status setting

4) Module Sort Order

Also, this will be absolutely fantastic ...

I'm working on combining your module with Restore Order For Customer and Edit Order to place the Quote back into the customer's cart for checkout.

Sounds good. I'd like to work with you on this, since Ive almost got it. Order editor works fine, but its the re-submittion to the cart thats the problem.

Now I have an button appears in the order history after the quotation has been added to the order. The customer logs in, clicks the button and it takes him directly to the payment window with the order contents. I'm having issues with importing the shipping fees from the invoice (the guts of the check-out process is a bit new to me). :blink:

Also I'd like to stream line the checkout for RFQs so only the shipping module is needed.

If you'd like to work together on this, PM me. (two heads are better than one).

Thanks! Nice contribution. 1.2 is working very well.

I am only using the shipping portion of the code and have a simple question.

My customers have two options on the checkout_shipping.php page

Fedex

RFQ

in that sort order

Currently, RFQ is the selected default value.

I want Fedex to be the selected default. The customer can change it to RFQ if they want...

How can I change the defaulted selection to Fedex?

Thank you in advance.

Dave

site

-Dave

Thanks! Nice contribution. 1.2 is working very well.

I am only using the shipping portion of the code and have a simple question.

My customers have two options on the checkout_shipping.php page

Fedex

RFQ

in that sort order

Currently, RFQ is the selected default value.

I want Fedex to be the selected default. The customer can change it to RFQ if they want...

How can I change the defaulted selection to Fedex?

Thank you in advance.

Dave

site

Thats an issue with the checkout_shipping.php. It selects the cheapest method. Look at about line 145 and you'll see this...

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

To disable it so that the customer has to chose the option, change it to this...

/*
// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();
*/

Otherwise modify it for your needs. Regards - Dan

Thanks for pointing me in the right spot.

Since I only offer two shipping choices, and would like to keep the forced selection of one method by default

Is there an opposite to the statement for "cheapest"?

like "highest", or "greatest" ??

-Dave

Thanks for pointing me in the right spot.

Since I only offer two shipping choices, and would like to keep the forced selection of one method by default

Is there an opposite to the statement for "cheapest"?

like "highest", or "greatest" ??

OR cheapest >0 or ?? ??

My PHP is newbie skill level at best... I appreciate the help!!

-Dave