• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

REQUEST FOR QUOTE: Freight and International Shipping Quote Modules

Naegle

Ok I did that and it works fine. When I test trying to conntinue to payment without making a selection, the page refreshes rather than advances, which is what I was hoping would occur.

To perfect this, would it be possible to have a red "reminder error" appear with instructions for the buyer...

something like...

You must select a Shipping Method before you can Continue

or

**Please select a Shipping Method**

Location could be at the very top of the header, or better, perhaps immediately to the left of the "Please Select w/arrow" text

Thanks for the help.

Dave

-Dave

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

I am currently setting up an UK store, but am trying to use your contribution as our shop would like to sell to USA and greater Europe, but the shipping costs can vary quite a lot.

Just need a little clarification, are you supposed to install both rfq and rfq2 or is it an either or setup, as I have setup both and seem to be getting some interesting effects i.e.

Request FREIGHT or INTERNATIONAL Shipping Quote Request FREIGHT or INTERNATIONAL Shipping Quote

this is actual what appears on my shipping page, the first half bold and the reat normal but running strieght on)

And just my normal payment methods in the next page

just need some clarification as to this to make sue it's not a problem with my zones setup.

This contribution does seem to fit the bill for us(no pun intended!), and am realy hopeing to get this working as it looks great.

thx

Richard

hi again

Ok I'm going tp blame being over worked and missing sleep, but I have just read TRHE FISRT ? LINES of this thread and now feel kinda dumb!

Please don't hold my ignorance ainst me.

Should be ok now, but i am still interested in the extension to iontegrate the email system.

thx

Richard

(just please i beet you all back here, makes me fell a little less stupid!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan

Any luck with adding code to be able to allow customers to request a quote then return to their "Pending" order to finalize?? I'm really looking forward to that and I'm in a sort of desperate need. I'm willing to pay someone to do this but have heard that it's not allowed on this board.

This contribution seems to be close to what we're looking for. We need to be able to set up some of our products with an option that will notify the customer that we will need to calculate freight charges manually, and get back to them with final price. We then need an email back to us with info on them and the product they want to order.

For most of our products we can use existing shipping modules, but for the overweight items we need to quote several freight companies before we know what's best.

Does anyone have any idea how much modification would be required of this contribution to work this way?

Graeme,

It might have to do with how your zones are configured.

I have tested the contribution with two test accounts, one domestic and one international, it works for me. In the admin I selected the zone to disable (ie United States). The option shows up on the international account, but dose not appear on the domestic account SHIPPING.

Has anyone else had problems with the SHIPPING Module? It seems to work fine for me...

... and as I type, I realize this needs to be included on the payment module as well. I'll update the package ASAP for the payment module. The shipping side should be fine.

Regards,

Dan

YES, I'm having the same problem with the SHIPPING module. I'm using the Additional Shipping Options for Table Rate Module (2.2MS2)v1.1 contrib as my primary method of shipping. It works fine with the Zones I've set up, but the RFQ shows up no matter what the country of origin used at time of checkout.

Any ideas?

Otherwise, this is a perfect module for me--thanks for the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have installed (and reinstalled) the latest version and all seems ok until I get to the checkout process and get no shipping option or information showing at all. I've had to revert to an older version without zone disabling options, which is a bit of a pain because t now shows even for customers who have store pick up option available.

If there is any tweak available on this, it would be great. This is an excellent contribution otherwise and solves a major problem for me.

Thanks!

Sorry everyone for not getting back to your posts. Lately Ive been traveling and really busy with work. I havnt had time to devote to the contribution or even my own website.

Thanks for pointing me in the right spot. Since I only offer two shipping choices, and would like to keep the forced selection of one method by default Is there an opposite to the statement for "cheapest"?

Roaddoctor, did you find a solution?

Any luck with adding code to be able to allow customers to request a quote then return to their "Pending" order to finalize??

Still working on it. Unfortunatly I'm not a professional programer and the website comes second to my normal work. So no, its not complete, but I think its almost finished.

This contribution seems to be close to what we're looking for. We need to be able to set up some of our products with an option that will notify the customer that we will need to calculate freight charges manually, and get back to them with final price. We then need an email back to us with info on them and the product they want to order... Does anyone have any idea how much modification would be required of this contribution to work this way?

Keress - Its not as easy as it sounds... I'm trying to update the order with the correct prices, then have the customer log back in and pay.

Viviennes & myramyd

Make sure you selected the zone you want to disable in the module settings. If a zone is selected, DISABLE this shipping method for that zone. i.e. if youre in the US and you only need this for international freight, select your US zone. Otherwise leave it blank and it will stay open for all zones.

QUOTE(Roaddoctor @ Mar 6 2006, 06:27 PM)

Thanks for pointing me in the right spot. Since I only offer two shipping choices, and would like to keep the forced selection of one method by default Is there an opposite to the statement for "cheapest"?

Roaddoctor, did you find a solution?

no. I don't have coding skills, so for now I have it to where neither item is selected. If anyone knows how to invert the logic of the default I am still interestd.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Viviennes & myramyd

Make sure you selected the zone you want to disable in the module settings. If a zone is selected, DISABLE this shipping method for that zone. i.e. if youre in the US and you only need this for international freight, select your US zone. Otherwise leave it blank and it will stay open for all zones.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the response. I understand the concept, but when I select a zone to exclude, I get nothing. I only have 2 zones defined, one of which is purely for store pick-up (zone 1), the other is the country we're in (zone 2). I tried disabling zone 1 or zone 2 and in either case get no shipping options at all, whether my shipping address is in zone 1, zone 2 or outside of both zones.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I install this contribution, it was a snap and I like it so far.

However I'm curious if anyone has altered or has any thoughts on altering this the shopping cart to select this shipping module automaticly when the combined product weight is over a certain value (i.e. 50+ pounds).

This would help alot as i'm working on a store which sells some light items that we'd quote via UPS right away, but we also ship large machine items that will first need a quote put together.

I'm not great with PHP by any means, but I way thinking about a simple IF statement like this

if ($total_weight < 50) {
 $quotes = $shipping_modules->quote();
 }
 else {
 $quotes = $shipping_modules->quote(MODULE_SHIPPING_RFQ_TEXT_TITLE);
 }

However, i'm really not sure how to call just this module specificly, instead of all the installed shipping modules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harris

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I would like to thank Dan Naegle for his contribution; RFQ-Request for Quote. It has very

important place in these osCommerce community and I appreciate very much for

his work. I need help of this community on the following points. Please forgive me,

if too many questions here.

I work as a web designer in the Netherlands and recently started to build an

e-commerce website with osCommerce for one of my client who needs to sell very

oversized items. The shipping will be from Belgium to Europe and USA. I did install

RFQ shipping and payment module. It works but there are few points which are make me

unhappy. These are my problems;

If there is no aggrement with the shop on shipping quote, there is no Cancel button

on the 'Order Information' page or at the 'My order history' page. Do you know any

way to cancel this order by the client. Or Can admin cancel it only? Do anyone knows

to add a button for this cancelation in the PHP code?

And I also want to know, if the client is aggree with the shipping cost, how to add

the shipping cost to this purchase and complete the payment process. if the client put this

item to the Shopping Cart again and which option of shipping Method should be

choosen to add this quote and complete the process?

If the client choose the credit card payment and submit the card's numbers, via

email or phone, this purchase can be completed. If the client had choosen this

method, there is no way to edit the invoice and add this shipping fee there and update it.

Do you have any suggestion on it, or how can client/admin manage to create final invoice?

Thanks very much for all your work Dan!

Kind regards,

Ayvur

Ayvur Peletier

Web Designer

• 4 months later...

Greetings,

Many thanks to Dan for a simple-to-install contribution. It seems to work, but I am unclear on how to limit it's usage to just certain locales. I currently charge a flat shipping fee on my OSc catalog for customers who live in the lower 48 states. In my shipping policies section, I clearly state that International orders are handled on a case-by-case basis and require a custom shipping quote.

Some time ago, I created a NY zone due to the need to charge NY State residents sales tax. What I am hoping to accomplish is to have RFQ be the only payment/shipping option for anyone NOT located in the lower 48 states of the U.S.

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

G'day

I've been doing a whole lot of work based on RFQ to enable it to make a pending order so the customer can come back.

Basically, I've added a field to the customers_basket called postage_status with a 0 as default. If a customer logs in and postage_status = 0, the whole program defaults to the RFQ module.

Once the customer has completed this, the administrator goes into admin/orders and selects the appropriate order and clicks edit. The order is displayed with an extra button "Add Postage" which goes to a new page where the administrator can add a postage amount. Click 'Submit' and the order is rewritten to the customer's basket with a postage 'product' added and an email invoice is sent to the customer telling them to re-enter the shopping cart.

On logging into the shopping cart, postage_status now = 1 and all additions, subtractions, etc. to the shopping cart are disabled. The customer must proceed to checkout where they are skipped over shipping and straight to, in my case, paypal. The client pays, the administrator gets the new order and it is shipped.

Now, my problem is that my php is very, very basic and I've done this using very unattractive code. I don't get classes as yet so can only basically utilise them; I haven't been able to use many of the functions either. AND, it drops the damn sales tax when it gets to the payment confirmation page and I cannot for the life of me work out how to get it back. This is why I haven't posted the contribution.

It would be great if someone could inspect the code and help me get this sorted. I'm sure this would be a fix for everyone but I don't know where to go from here.

Cheers

Grant Scobie

• 4 months later...
any fixes for the zones? I need to figure this out. its causing confusion on my site. Everyone is selecting the shipping option that says 0.00

I am having the same problem. It shows on every zone, including the one I excluded.

Did you get it to work?

Anyone have any fixes for this? I notice a few people with the same problem and the posts were made a while back.

Anyone who had got it fixed?

This is the last thing I really want to fix before I go live with my new site so any help would be muchly appreciated.

I've set it to exclude AUSTRALIAN ZONES but it's still showing as an option for Aussie customers. I guess I could live with it, but I would prefer for Aussies not to have the option.

Thanks

Fiona

• 1 month later...

Just trying to do something with my shipping, searched forums and then found out about your contribution for international shipping, but need your help to see if its gonna work with my products

I have online store for graphics, stickers & banners

and I would like to offer Free Shipping to all states in North America

while rest of the countries, such as Canada, South America's countries, European countries, other continents countries will be paying for shipping

Please let me know if its possible to have together with your contribution, so I can offer free shipping for domestic states, while customers from rest of the world will wait for me to calculate their shipping ?

• 1 month later...
any fixes for the zones? I need to figure this out. its causing confusion on my site. Everyone is selecting the shipping option that says 0.00

So I ran into this same problem and I think I found a fix. In catalog\includes\modules\payment\rfq2.php you will find this section at the bottom:

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Quote Order Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept Requests for Quotes?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('For more info contact:', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_PAYTO', '', 'Who is the contact for quotations?', '6', '1', now());");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");

}

Add the following before the last }:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

so it looks like this:

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable Quote Order Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept Requests for Quotes?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now());");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('For more info contact:', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_PAYTO', '', 'Who is the contact for quotations?', '6', '1', now());");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_RFQ2_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

}

Save and re-upload the file. Then uninstall and re-install the module in the back end and it should work (at least this worked for me). It looks like all the code was in the module but it simply did not create the store table in the database for the zone exclusions.

• 3 weeks later...
So I ran into this same problem and I think I found a fix. In catalog\includes\modules\payment\rfq2.php you will find this section at the bottom:

function install() {

}

Add the following before the last }:

so it looks like this:

function install() {

}

Save and re-upload the file. Then uninstall and re-install the module in the back end and it should work (at least this worked for me). It looks like all the code was in the module but it simply did not create the store table in the database for the zone exclusions.

This code change is incorporated in the latest download of the contribution that I installed a few days ago.

I have exactly the same problem as others in that changing the zones in either payment or shipping RFQ module makes no difference whatsoever. RFQ is always there no matter whether you are an international customer or a UK customer.

I do have other shipping module contributions installed i.e. Custom Table Rate v1.1 and Pickup Direct from Shop and zone changes work OK in those and other shipping modules so the problem is specific to RFQ. I am using osCommerce version 2.2MS2 051113.

Anyone any clues?

Peter

This code change is incorporated in the latest download of the contribution that I installed a few days ago.

I have exactly the same problem as others in that changing the zones in either payment or shipping RFQ module makes no difference whatsoever. RFQ is always there no matter whether you are an international customer or a UK customer.

I do have other shipping module contributions installed i.e. Custom Table Rate v1.1 and Pickup Direct from Shop and zone changes work OK in those and other shipping modules so the problem is specific to RFQ. I am using osCommerce version 2.2MS2 051113.

Anyone any clues?

Peter

Just to add that my zones are UK, EU, ALL and NONE and I am based in the UK.

Peter

This looks really great, but I've had a problem.

I'm not getting an email notification for when a customer requests a quote.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Duh. I just realized that the order is placed in the admin panel, and I have to check the orders to receive the request for the quote.

Still wondering if anyone can get this module to send an email when a request for a quote is sent. I'd like to respond asap when customers want to buy. Thanks.

• 7 months later...

OK, I got this to work how I would like... I changed it so you select the zone you want it to be enabled for in the shipping list instead of the zone you want it disabled for.

In Catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rfq.php

find:

$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id <> '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_RQF_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id <> '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

replace it with:

$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_RFQ_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");