• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table rate and wigh problem

curi0us

Hello,

I would like to use Table Rate but I can't make it work properly.

I tried with two items just for a test and it does not work.

Weight of one item is: 1.3

and weight of second item is: 0.7

Table Rate is: 0.8:14,1.4:26,1.9:38

and it's set to table method: weight

Now I check one item and shipping cost is 0 instead of 26, and then I check second item and cost is 0 instead of 14. When I check 2 items at once shipping cost is 0 too

Any ideas?

Thank you

Actually I'm close to make it work, 3 details were wrong (I suppose):

1. Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging I changed "Larger packages - percentage increase." to 0 (guess that it wasn't this but I didn't want it) and more important I changed "Package Tare weight" to 0 because I calculate item with tare package weight in table rate so it was counted twice.

I also wrote weight in other format I don't kow if it's this but I made it all at once so I write it all to make sure that I will help you.

I changed weight format from 0.700 (700g) to 7 (it means 700g now) and 1.3 changed to 13 (it means 1300g) now.

I will let you know when I make it work perfectly

Hi,

Just spotted this thread as i was having the same problem, never realised that those settings were active, wish i had as i've spent 3 days trying to figure out why when 1 unit of weight = ?5.00 i was getting ?25 delivery charge for 2 units instead of ?10.00!

I actually used the "Simple Weight" contribution, and it worked great for my needs as i can assign a weight value of say 1 and give it a monetry value of ?2.00, that way a product with a weight value of "3" would have a weight value of ?6.00. May be worth looking at if thats the kind of thing your thinking.

Regards,

Rob

Hello,

I would like to use Table Rate but I can't make it work properly.

I tried with two items just for a test and it does not work.

Weight of one item is: 1.3

and weight of second item is: 0.7

Table Rate is: 0.8:14,1.4:26,1.9:38

and it's set to table method: weight

Now I check one item and shipping cost is 0 instead of 26, and then I check second item and cost is 0 instead of 14. When I check 2 items at once shipping cost is 0 too

Any ideas?

Thank you

The problem you have here is that you are exceeding the maximum weight in the table. if you do that, it results in a zero.

To trest the theory, make your final weight something like 100

then buy a couple of things, you should see it report the correct prices.

maybe try 0.8:14,1.4:26,1.9:38,100:50

F5

Edited by Flyer5