• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I stop site from being public till im done?

Hi

I must be a dope, how do I stop my website from being accessed until it is finished/ We got an order today and I have no idea how the person found the site, it is not even done, isnt there a way for the site to say "under construction" until Im done?

Hi

I must be a dope, how do I stop my website from being accessed until it is finished/ We got an order today and I have no idea how the person found the site, it is not even done, isnt there a way for the site to say "under construction" until Im done?

Create an index page that says "Under Construction".

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

search the contributions for "Down Maint" and you should find a couple. Another option is to use a .htaccess file in the catalog directory also (assume that's what you already have for the admin directory).

Yes but I think that alters all of the things I am working on throughout the site, i e contributions etc. Also, people are getting in through other pages somehow, they are getting in through contact page; hmm i also need to view the pages because im working on it, i wish there was a way for the public not to see any pages at all

jefs

thats what i need thanks!! thanks to both of you!

What I did was go under my cpanel and registered a temporary redirect to a file called index.htm and there I wrote "Coming Soon!". Of course if someone type www.mydomain.com/index.php they can still access my store but that was good enough for me.

Yes but I think that alters all of the things I am working on throughout the site, i e contributions etc. Also, people are getting in through other pages somehow, they are getting in through contact page; hmm i also need to view the pages because im working on it, i wish there was a way for the public not to see any pages at all

jefs

thats what i need thanks!! thanks to both of you!

if you

1. put up a coming soon page in your main directory

2. use hts. acess on your catalog directory

then only you will be able to view the pages that you're working on and all they will see is the "coming soon" page

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Archived