• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Confusion

willow1872

Hi everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle. :-"

Ive just got my store up and running at www.ansuk.org and went to make a test purchase through PayPal and found that my customer can only make payment if they have account with PayPal. I know you are going to tell me to install the fix but which one? Theres so many in the contributions section that its got me totally confused!

Before i changed to oscommerce i was using romancart and when my customer made a purchase they had the choice to either use a credit card without signing up for a paypal account or pay with their paypal account if they had one. What fix do i need to enable this please.

I am in the UK if that makes a difference :)

Many thanks in advance

Edited by willow1872

Touse PayPal in your shop, just go to your admin->Modules section and enable the PayPal module. You will need to edit it to add your PayPal email address. You should upfate the module with the IPN version but it is not required. As for the choice for your customers, that is an option on PayPal. You have to enable it so people don't have to have an account to purchase.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Touse PayPal in your shop, just go to your admin->Modules section and enable the PayPal module. You will need to edit it to add your PayPal email address. You should upfate the module with the IPN version but it is not required. As for the choice for your customers, that is an option on PayPal. You have to enable it so people don't have to have an account to purchase.

Jack

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. Its the IPn that im confused over, which one do i download, theres so many?

Had the sam issue, i contated paypal and they are working on the problem. If your customers clicks on new user button it will take them to a CC processor without an account. Sucks I know but it does work

Thats part of the confusion also because when i was using romancart it gave the customers the choice but now with OSC it doesnt

As for the choice for your customers, that is an option on PayPal. You have to enable it so people don't have to have an account to purchase.

Jack

Where in the Profile of Paypal can you enable this?

Can you or someone give an instruction on how to enable this feature in your paypal account?

I manage to combine (products tab, review, xsell, prod attrib with a little change on the code i made to sweet enough the multi images i created) into products_info.php

xsell_v2.3 --> 80% working only. The cache folder does not update and no one can answer it.

CCGV

Certapay

Fancier_Invoice_&_Packingslip_v6.1

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

Although you will find that PayPal have removed the feature. Ive just gone to make test purchases with my old cart and my supplier and the feature is no longer there. Paypal win again and this is going to seriously cause problems with us smaller retailers.

Although you will find that PayPal have removed the feature. Ive just gone to make test purchases with my old cart and my supplier and the feature is no longer there. Paypal win again and this is going to seriously cause problems with us smaller retailers.

actually after talking with paypal this feature is still there, however they have to click on the new user to get to the desired page. Pay Pal has assured me that they are working on the problem and will have it fixed asap... Hmmmm

Hi everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle. :-"

Ive just got my store up and running at www.ansuk.org and went to make a test purchase through PayPal and found that my customer can only make payment if they have account with PayPal. I know you are going to tell me to install the fix but which one? Theres so many in the contributions section that its got me totally confused!

Before i changed to oscommerce i was using romancart and when my customer made a purchase they had the choice to either use a credit card without signing up for a paypal account or pay with their paypal account if they had one. What fix do i need to enable this please.

I am in the UK if that makes a difference :)

Many thanks in advance

Is your PayPal Account Optional turn on in paypal profile as this is required to accept payment via credit card.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

actually after talking with paypal this feature is still there, however they have to click on the new user to get to the desired page. Pay Pal has assured me that they are working on the problem and will have it fixed asap... Hmmmm

So does this mean that they have to create an account first with paypal before making a payment?

If it is true then its is a little problem for us.

Customers might decide not to make the purchase because 1st they create an account with our store and then on check out another account to create for paypal payment.

I manage to combine (products tab, review, xsell, prod attrib with a little change on the code i made to sweet enough the multi images i created) into products_info.php

xsell_v2.3 --> 80% working only. The cache folder does not update and no one can answer it.

CCGV

Certapay

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

So does this mean that they have to create an account first with paypal before making a payment?

If it is true then its is a little problem for us.

Customers might decide not to make the purchase because 1st they create an account with our store and then on check out another account to create for paypal payment.

Ive just made a complete purchase from my store all the way to completiton and then refund. At the paypal payment page there is no option NOW to pay by cc without an account. However when you click on 'creat an account' you can enter all the cc details and then choose not to open an account.

This is obviously down to paypals wording which is misleading in that the option is no longer available before you choose to sign up.

Willow i sent you a PM.

CCGV

Certapay

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

They changed some settings around..

I went in and fiddled with a few things, but want to make sure they are correct...

Website Payment notification set to Return to cart, and pointed to the success_checkout.php

IPN, set to point to the checkout_process.php

Are these right now with the changes???

Have IPN .098 on the cart now..

One of these days, I will actually understand what I just changed...

But reading the Manual DEFINATELY helps...

I went to the download page and the IPN Contribution is not listed. How do I obtain the IPN Contribution?

I too am having an issue with customers being forced to create a paypal account. I went to the website payment preferences and ensured 'PayPal Account Optional' was enabled.

Sorry for high jacking this thread but my problem is relative to the original post.

I was able to install the paypal_ipn but it still prompts customers to login or create a PayPal account. I also ensured that the 'PayPal Account Optional' was enabled within the PayPal website payment preferences.

As of now, it seems the only visible difference created by the IPN version is that when they select PayPal, it displays 'credit card debit card' in parenthesis.