• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Analytics Statistics (Urchin)

Farrukh

Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.

Sophisticated, yet easy to use.

We believe that web analytics should be simple and sophisticated at the same time. We've designed Google Analytics to have enterprise level capabilities and yet still be accessible to anyone who wants to improve their marketing and site design. Google Analytics delivers all the features you'd expect from a high-end web analytics offering, and provides timesaving AdWords integration features.

Integrated with AdWords.

If you have an AdWords account, you can use Google Analytics directly from the AdWords interface. Google Analytics is the only product that can automatically provide AdWords ROI metrics, without you having to import cost data or add tracking information to keywords. Of course, Google Analytics tracks all of your non-AdWords initiatives as well.

Free.

Google Analytics gives us an opportunity to invest in our advertisers and everyone else who wants to create quality content on the web. Instead of spending money on web analytics, you can focus on creating targeted, ROI-driven marketing campaigns, and on improving your site design and content.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

I think we need a Contribution on this one

Hi, I just wondering about the google analytics and adword account.

If I have an adword account with many diffrent sites and I just want to enable one site in analytics, is this possible, I don't

want google analytics to mark up all of my others adwords links to google analitcs.

And is it also possible to restrain the google analytics so I don't get the cost for adwords into my google analystics.

has anyone done started any work on integrating the full e-commerce tracking yet?

Planning to take a look at it myself, but know that I am going to be stuck for time for at least a couple of weeks. The basic reports look great - so I'm keen to see what the e-commerce reports do.

Not 100% happy about Google having that level of information on my shops yet - but it is looking like a pretty fair trade. Afterall, Urchin used to cost $600 a month!

has anyone done started any work on integrating the full e-commerce tracking yet?

Planning to take a look at it myself, but know that I am going to be stuck for time for at least a couple of weeks. The basic reports look great - so I'm keen to see what the e-commerce reports do.

Not 100% happy about Google having that level of information on my shops yet - but it is looking like a pretty fair trade. Afterall, Urchin used to cost $600 a month!

Hi!

Well a customer of mine have full integretated e-commerce, and it works perfect. He has even adwords on his e-commercial and that also works very well.

It wasn't special hard to integrate the e-commerce tracking.

Have to confess that I am posting about this without really looking closely at it today. Desperately trying to get another osCommerce site turned out for someone by the end of the week.

Wasn't sure how simple it would be to add the product line information to the code. As you say though - can't be that hard.

If I can find a few quiet minutes I'll have a crack and post the code once I get it working.

be better off getting urchin and adding it to your site, this way you do not add any of your info or your customer info (ip address' coming to your site, etc) to google's database. make sure it is the latest version, i use it and it works well

Google is working on development to an new software, so far they have called it Urchin 6.0, and they also says that they will upgrade all 5.0 software to 6.0.

That sounds very intresting, I just wonder what the price will be. And when the release date is.

be better off getting urchin and adding it to your site, this way you do not add any of your info or your customer info (ip address' coming to your site, etc) to google's database. make sure it is the latest version, i use it and it works well

where can you find the download link to urchin?

Can anyone build on this code? (DON'T put it on your checkout_success.php yet! It is not ready)

$analytics_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id, customers_state, customers_city, customers_country, currency_value from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "'");

$analytics = tep_db_fetch_array($analytics_query);

$analytics_array = array('order_id' => $analytics['orders_id'],
							   'order_region' => $analytics['customers_state'],
							   'order_city' => $analytics['customers_city'],
							   'order_country' => $analytics['customers_country'],

<textarea id="utmtrans">UTM:T|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_id']; ?>||<?php echo $analytics_array['order_city']; ?>|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_region']; ?>|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_country']; ?> 
UTM:I|[order-id]|[sku/code]|[productname]|[category]|[price]|
[quantity] </textarea>
</form>

I have done the transaction line, but am unable to do the second line, which needs to be one for every item (UTM:I).

Sorry if it is a bit sloppy I know very little PHP and have tried my best.

The array should be placed in checkout_shipping just before the head code.

no outside links please

Can anyone build on this code? (DON'T put it on your checkout_success.php yet! It is not ready)

$analytics_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id, customers_state, customers_city, customers_country, currency_value from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$orders['orders_id'] . "'");

$analytics = tep_db_fetch_array($analytics_query);

$analytics_array = array('order_id' => $analytics['orders_id'],
							   'order_region' => $analytics['customers_state'],
							   'order_city' => $analytics['customers_city'],
							   'order_country' => $analytics['customers_country'],

<textarea id="utmtrans">UTM:T|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_id']; ?>||<?php echo $analytics_array['order_city']; ?>|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_region']; ?>|<?php echo $analytics_array['order_country']; ?> 
UTM:I|[order-id]|[sku/code]|[productname]|[category]|[price]|
[quantity] </textarea>
</form>

I have done the transaction line, but am unable to do the second line, which needs to be one for every item (UTM:I).

Sorry if it is a bit sloppy I know very little PHP and have tried my best.

The array should be placed in checkout_shipping just before the head code.

Hi, I think you need to set the shipping, tax, prices etc like:

utmtrans">UTM:T|[order-id]|[affiliation]|

[total]|[tax]| [shipping]|[city]|[state]|[country] UTM:I|[order-id]|[sku/code]|[productname]|[category]|[price]|

[quantity] </textarea>

If you don't have shipping fee or taxes, just insert an '0' instead.

and with the UTM item, itś just the same thing, but here you have to use an iteration, because you can have diffrent items.

you just take your varibles into item.

Weird - just get kicked out to other parts of Google. Seen others complaining of the same.

Mat, when you trying to login is, what happened then ? do get yourself transported to www.google.com, because I notice with one of my customer, he has that problem.

Only tried one login, but tried from several PCs.

Most times I got transported to google.co.uk (my startup page). Did notice though that if I logged in to another service immediately before then I ended up there rather than at the .co.uk homepage.

It is working for me (I only registered yesterday). The reports make very interesting reading. I assume it excludes automatically visits by robots as I can't see any reference to them in the reports.

Archived