• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ProtX - transaction could not be registered

?Your transaciton could not be registered. Some of the information you passed is not compatible with your account. Check your vendor name, currency and transaction type.?

this is an error I get when processing my transaction with osCommerce, and the ProtX form module installed.

has anyone had this error before, or know what to do??

the shop is sitting at www.firstposter.com/catalog/

please advise...

Depends upon what Protx implementaiton you are using is this Direct or Form?

Some things to note:-

Ensure you have put in your Merchant ID and using the Encrypted Password protx have sent you. Also check the box that says Transaction Currency to be Default.

Are you using the Test Mode set to true which will work to protx test server.

Let me know some more details I might be able to help

Rgs

Jed

Depends upon what Protx implementaiton you are using is this Direct or Form?

Some things to note:-

Ensure you have put in your Merchant ID and using the Encrypted Password protx have sent you. Also check the box that says Transaction Currency to be Default.

Are you using the Test Mode set to true which will work to protx test server.

Let me know some more details I might be able to help

Rgs

Jed

THanks jedster...

I am using the ProtX - Form.

Merchant ID & password are all correct. I've double checked these.

Currency is set to default.

Test Mode is also set to true.

I asked ProtX about it and they sent me this...

Hi,

Ensure all the information you are sending is in the correct order as stated in our protocol guide. Sometimes fields are sent to the Protx servers in a mixed up order which can cause these problems. It is possible you are sending transaction information in a currency you are not set up for.

Best wishes,

Protx Support

but as far as general answers go... that's it in a nutshell!!

Any further advice??

?Your transaciton could not be registered. Some of the information you passed is not compatible with your account. Check your vendor name, currency and transaction type.?

this is an error I get when processing my transaction with osCommerce, and the ProtX form module installed.

has anyone had this error before, or know what to do??

the shop is sitting at www.firstposter.com/catalog/

please advise...

Sounds like a problem I had. Are you using zones? If so...try it with the protx zone turned off and should work. Question is...how to get it to work with zones...

M.

Sounds like a problem I had. Are you using zones? If so...try it with the protx zone turned off and should work. Question is...how to get it to work with zones...

M.

I'm not using zones as far as I'm aware.

can you elaborate??

I'm not using zones as far as I'm aware.

can you elaborate??

In the osc admin and in modules/payment/protx (the bit where you enter your merchant ID and password), do you have anything in Payment Zone? Or do you have --none--

If it's none then I dunno what's up. If it's something else - try --none-- and see what happens.

M.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I know this thread is old, but I have the same problem and I cant find the cure for it.

I have entered all the Info in correctly, I have tried it with zone -none-

How did you guys fix this?

Thanks Alot in Advance

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Seems like the list is growing:)

I am having axactly the same problem. Full testing completed in the Protx Test environment without issue.

Protx enable the Live server, I make the relevant changes....checked them a 1000 times but when the checkout transaction completes and is passed to Protx we get ProtX - transaction could not be registered

Protx are looking into it and they are doing their best but its been 3 days now and I'm starting to think about joining the circus :)

Any thoughts would be most welcome

Col

The plot thickens...

Seems to work in test mode, but when I go live, same error.

Strangely though, if I turn "Use Pre-Authorisation" to false when not in test mode (something I don't want to do when the whole site's live) it seems to work.

Anyone have any advice?

What is the settings (not the murchant id & password!) for your protx form module, assuming you are using protx form?

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi Ken,

Yes, I'm using protx form, settings as follows:

Enable Protx Form Module = "True"

Transaction Currency = "Default Currency"

Payment Zone = "--none--"

Set Order Status = "default"

Sort order of display = "0"

Test Mode = "false"

Use Pre-Authorisation = "false"

Shopping cart = "true"

This setup seems to work, but I want to use pre-auth preferably. Turning pre-auth on whilst in test mode works though.

Edited by Adham

Well, that'd be the settings you need. As for preauth, beware that not all banks support it. So may be worth talking to your bank just for sure.

I tested it live with protx form module v1.09 either with preauth set to true or false, both w/o problem.

And you do know what preauth means and you do need it, since there's no guarantee that later you'd be able to perform a 'repeat' and get payment, especially when it involves a large sum of money as by that time your customer's card may running out of credit!

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

• 4 months later...