• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with shipping.php

shana-chan

Hi!

I installed osCommerce yesterday without problems, and everything worked great. But, then I tried to update shipping.php, and.. well, it messed it up. Now, when I click "Shipping and Returns" I get a database error. I tried going to the original files and pasting them back over the new file, but it still isn't working, and I don't know why... @_@;

Can someone please help me? On the Shipping and Returns page, I basically want to say, 'All items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, insurance is extra.' And i don't know why I'm getting this error...

Thank you in advance..

Oh wait.. I think I fixed it.. However, how do you format the text so that it's in, like, HTML formet? So it can have paragraphs and such?

Hi!

I installed osCommerce yesterday without problems, and everything worked great. But, then I tried to update shipping.php, and.. well, it messed it up. Now, when I click "Shipping and Returns" I get a database error. I tried going to the original files and pasting them back over the new file, but it still isn't working, and I don't know why... @_@;

Can someone please help me? On the Shipping and Returns page, I basically want to say, 'All items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, insurance is extra.' And i don't know why I'm getting this error...

Thank you in advance..

Oh wait.. I think I fixed it.. However, how do you format the text so that it's in, like, HTML formet? So it can have paragraphs and such?

I use dreamweaver, that way you can have a nice table with a color, header tag, etc...just create the HTML page in dreamweaver or whatever you use and then cut the whole of the code out and paste it in the appropriate place. This can be done for index and all the other pages too, and in item descriptions. Give it a try, just remember to always put it in between the 'your text here'

Hope I have helped, be well!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

I use dreamweaver, that way you can have a nice table with a color, header tag, etc...just create the HTML page in dreamweaver or whatever you use and then cut the whole of the code out and paste it in the appropriate place. This can be done for index and all the other pages too, and in item descriptions. Give it a try, just remember to always put it in between the 'your text here'

Hope I have helped, be well!

Actually, that did help. I didn't realize you could just put straight HTML into it (though I have been using some tags). I haven't tried using Dreamweaver to put in HTML yet, but I'm having a problem where it's not letting put 'and' 'or' into my sentences. Is there a way to fix it, or is it just because there isn't paragraph formatting around it?

• 2 months later...

Archived