osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thank you, you big hacker guy you

strungout911

This has been a loooooooong night.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SPENT SO MUCH TIME HELPING ME THIS FAR

see

here

So you can see my site was hacked. Anyway what I did was restored with a backup of my files from yesterday with FTP.

Then attempted to back up the database. It went a little something like this.

For some people (if you have referrer blocking disabled), you may have to right click and view image

databasebackup1.jpg

databasebackup2.jpg

databasebackup3.jpg

databasebackup4.jpg

databasebackup5.jpg

databasebackup6.jpg

After doing this I get this error

0 -

select p.pages_id, p.sort_order, p.status, s.pages_title, s.pages_html_text from pages p LEFT JOIN pages_description s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where p.status = 1 and s.language_id = '1' and p.page_type = 1

[TEP STOP]

You can see it here

Does anyone know what this error is?

Nevermind, don't look there. The error is gone. Progress might be being made. WIll post any updates.

Actually error's not gone. You can see it here

If I where you I would do a full reinstallation of the oscommerse catalog!.

If they defaced you index what other files have they defaced or added.

if you have a backup of the entire store replace it, This could also be why your backup_db wont install correctly as other files are corrupted?

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

If I where you I would do a full reinstallation of the oscommerse catalog!.

Start from scratch with the newly released update.

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

The time saved on making the tweaks will make up for reinstalling any contributions.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

If you are certain of the purity of your backup files and database (that they definitely predated all hacking) and the database backup is from the same point in time as the files (no contributions installed after the database backup was made) then restoring them should work.

Before restoring them:

> Delete all of the osCommerce files and folders on the server.

> Remove the password protection for the admin folder.

> Delete the database.

Then:

> FTP the files and folders into place

> Recreate the password protection for the admin folder using a different user name & password (use a strong password).

> Check and correct permissions of both configure.php files, the /admin/backups/ folder and the images folders.

> Recreate the database using different user name and password (use a strong password).

> Update the database user name and password in both configure.php files.

> Restore your database backup.

Cross your fingers and see if it works now. If the backup files and database were pure and from the same point in time then it should.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

• 1 month later...

Thank you strungout911; that image tutorial did the trick; SQL executed succesfully.

This has been a loooooooong night.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SPENT SO MUCH TIME HELPING ME THIS FAR

see

here

So you can see my site was hacked. Anyway what I did was restored with a backup of my files from yesterday with FTP.

Then attempted to back up the database. It went a little something like this.

For some people (if you have referrer blocking disabled), you may have to right click and view image

databasebackup1.jpg

databasebackup2.jpg

databasebackup3.jpg

databasebackup4.jpg

databasebackup5.jpg

databasebackup6.jpg

After doing this I get this error

0 -

select p.pages_id, p.sort_order, p.status, s.pages_title, s.pages_html_text from pages p LEFT JOIN pages_description s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where p.status = 1 and s.language_id = '1' and p.page_type = 1

[TEP STOP]

You can see it here

Does anyone know what this error is?

Nevermind, don't look there. The error is gone. Progress might be being made. WIll post any updates.

• 7 months later...

Just install them the way the contribution's instructions tell you to install them. Why not?

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

hi, is it possible to upload these sql files without using this program? thnx...i am trying to install a contribution - header tags and refers me to this page in order to install header.sql file thnx
You can use the file named database_setup.php included with the contribution to load the database without having to use phpmyadmin. The instructions explain how to do it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived