• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi Alex,

Yes I tried after removing the password and it was still the same. I thought it didn't make sense to check the shipping but people's other threads mentioning the "invalid process" advised to change the no_shipping!!!

As you were insisting on the password issue on your last message, I have just emailed my webhosting company for them to check my htaccess file.

Before I reinstalled OSC I was able to go to my SSL catalog without redirection, but just by configuring my configure.php. files.

After reinstalling OSC I couldn't anymore somehow so my webhosting company set up a redirection of mydomain.com to https://mydomain.com/index.php

I don't know if this is relevant, will see.

Hi Alex,

It's sorted now. It was indeed a configuration problem in my htaccess file.

Now the stock is deducted.

Thanks.

Florence

PayPal shops keeps kicking me out saying that my PayPal module isn't working. However, I placed a test order using PayPal with no problem. I can't figure out what the heck they're talking about. They keep saying something about a "loop" that it's caught in. I have seen no evidence of such a "loop". Now Paypal has directed me to open a Merchant Techical Support ticket. Does anyone have time and can give me a hand to check it out? My website is http://MirrorofTime.com/catalog .

Hi Alex,

Yes I tried after removing the password and it was still the same. I thought it didn't make sense to check the shipping but people's other threads mentioning the "invalid process" advised to change the no_shipping!!!

As you were insisting on the password issue on your last message, I have just emailed my webhosting company for them to check my htaccess file.

Before I reinstalled OSC I was able to go to my SSL catalog without redirection, but just by configuring my configure.php. files.

After reinstalling OSC I couldn't anymore somehow so my webhosting company set up a redirection of mydomain.com to https://mydomain.com/index.php

I don't know if this is relevant, will see.

Invalid process and blank Post emails are indicative of wrong permissions in your ipn and paypal_ipn directories.

Using you cpanel file explorer, get to those files and confirm the permissions on the files are set to 755.

If not 755, change permissions.

Often they will show as 644 (or something else) which will prevent the information in post/get from executing.

In my case I also was forced to set total to aggregate not itemized.

That 'SHOULD' resolve the invalid IPN response.

BTW, open the Paypal tech support ticket, but they wont do a blasted thing.

Honestly after Halloween, I am dumping them.

They are losing a 6 figure customer.

Their ineptitude cost me thousands of dollars and dozens of customers.

Thanks to the group here, the solutions were discovered.

Paypal didnt do a damn thing except waste time.

Edited by minionsweb

PayPal shops keeps kicking me out saying that my PayPal module isn't working. However, I placed a test order using PayPal with no problem. I can't figure out what the heck they're talking about. They keep saying something about a "loop" that it's caught in. I have seen no evidence of such a "loop". Now Paypal has directed me to open a Merchant Techical Support ticket. Does anyone have time and can give me a hand to check it out? My website is http://MirrorofTime.com/catalog .

Per Paypal Technical Support:

"PayPal Shops issues can be assisted through Consumer Support. Try the number 1.888.221.1161. I may have quoted it incorrectly the first time.

From testing your cart, it seems to throw me in a login loop that empties the cart every time I login, which consequently I have to do again every time I add an item. When the PayPal Shops group went through your site, they experienced the same issue.

I was not able to get to the checkout to figure out what payment configuration you have. You may want to contact your shopping cart provider for assistance so we can get to the checkout page and begin assisting you.

Thanks again for your patience."

I find this extremely odd because I can go in, add items and check out using Paypal with NO problem. How is it possible that I can do so flawlessly and the Paypal team can't even get to the checkout?

Invalid process and blank Post emails are indicative of wrong permissions in your ipn and paypal_ipn directories.

Using you cpanel file explorer, get to those files and confirm the permissions on the files are set to 755.

If not 755, change permissions.

Often they will show as 644 (or something else) which will prevent the information in post/get from executing.

In my case I also was forced to set total to aggregate not itemized.

That 'SHOULD' resolve the invalid IPN response.

BTW, open the Paypal tech support ticket, but they wont do a blasted thing.

Honestly after Halloween, I am dumping them.

They are losing a 6 figure customer.

Their ineptitude cost me thousands of dollars and dozens of customers.

Thanks to the group here, the solutions were discovered.

Paypal didnt do a damn thing except waste time.

Hi, thank you for your help.

My problem has been sorted, it was to do with htaccess somehow.

Per Paypal Technical Support:

"PayPal Shops issues can be assisted through Consumer Support. Try the number 1.888.221.1161. I may have quoted it incorrectly the first time.

From testing your cart, it seems to throw me in a login loop that empties the cart every time I login, which consequently I have to do again every time I add an item. When the PayPal Shops group went through your site, they experienced the same issue.

I was not able to get to the checkout to figure out what payment configuration you have. You may want to contact your shopping cart provider for assistance so we can get to the checkout page and begin assisting you.

Thanks again for your patience."

I find this extremely odd because I can go in, add items and check out using Paypal with NO problem. How is it possible that I can do so flawlessly and the Paypal team can't even get to the checkout?

Well, at least this one PayPal Support guy admitted:

>

Subject

Integrating PayPal on website

Discussion Thread

Response (Carlos) 10/13/2007 09:47 AM

Norma,

I used a different computer to test your site and was able to get to the PayPal pages correctly. I can only assume that it may have been a corrupt cookie that caused the cart not to function for me previously.

You may want to enroll in PayPal Shops again or try calling Consumer Support for additional steps to take on this issue.

Thanks again for your patience.

>

We'll see if PayPal Shops gives me the song and dance routine again.

I didn't see any problem in your store. I placed an order and checked out with PayPal (actually PayPal IPN v2.3 I believe), but since I didn't use a valid address, PayPal rejected that payment and I got back to your store without a problem. It seems to be working fine to me.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I didn't see any problem in your store. I placed an order and checked out with PayPal (actually PayPal IPN v2.3 I believe), but since I didn't use a valid address, PayPal rejected that payment and I got back to your store without a problem. It seems to be working fine to me.

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Now how do I convince the dummies at PayPal & PayPal Shops that they're wrong and the site is working fine? I even called the number I was given but spent a loonnnggg time on hold and never reached anyone.

By the way, I fully recommend the PayPal IPN contribution. It was so easy to install and configure. A big thank you to the author(s). It's way better than the original PayPal payment module, at least for me.

I've done some LIVE testing and this is what happens:

- After confirming the order, customer is redirected to paypal website and the order is created in OSC with it's status "preparing [Paypal IPN]"

- Payment is done on paypal

- order in OSC remains on "preparing [Paypal IPN]" while it should go to "pending" according to my settings

- confirmation of payment is sent fro mpaypal to our email address

- order confirmation from OSC is NOT sent to customer

- we receive the famous "PayPal IPN Invalid Process"

I've been browsing this huge topic for about 30 minutes now without really finding a fix for this bug...

Can anyone redirect me to a specific post or provide me with an answer for fixing this up?

Thank you very much in advance!

I keep fighting with this issue and I'm going getting any further... if someone can give me a hand on this I would really appreciate!

And I think I'm not the only one who would be glad!!

Please help!

Did you try v2.3? Do you mind posting the content of IPN invalid process email?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Well, I just upgraded the contrib with the 2.3 version... and this is getting nuts...

using the TESTING site for paypal:

- the order is processed is OSC

- while being redirected to Paypal's payment site I get this message

"The classification of the value for processing the link with which you have obtained to the payPal system is incorrect." and I can't go further in the payment process...

Then to check, I did a LIVE test

- Once again, payment with paypal was done without a problem, I received both notification as customer and shop manager that this was paid.

- Order is processed in OSC but no order confirm is sent out

- no paypal IPN invalid process messages received...

Apparently, at least there is the improvement that there is no IPN invalid process.. but I still don't get why no order confirmation is sent out...

I'm getting lost here... I did follow the removal/install process step by step... :'(

Well, I just upgraded the contrib with the 2.3 version... and this is getting nuts...

using the TESTING site for paypal:

- the order is processed is OSC

- while being redirected to Paypal's payment site I get this message

"The classification of the value for processing the link with which you have obtained to the payPal system is incorrect." and I can't go further in the payment process...

Then to check, I did a LIVE test

- Once again, payment with paypal was done without a problem, I received both notification as customer and shop manager that this was paid.

- Order is processed in OSC but no order confirm is sent out

- no paypal IPN invalid process messages received...

Apparently, at least there is the improvement that there is no IPN invalid process.. but I still don't get why no order confirmation is sent out...

I'm getting lost here... I did follow the removal/install process step by step... :'(

hmmm I received the IPN invalid process email.. just came later... here it is

$_POST:

mc_gross=2.45

invoice=894

address_status=unconfirmed

payer_id=RDYCBT29DMGVG

tax=0.00

address_street=Zandkreekstraat 12

payment_date=00:58:06 Oct 15, 2007 PDT

payment_status=Completed

charset=windows-1252

address_zip=7417 CS

first_name=Alexandre

mc_fee=0.43

address_country_code=NL

address_name=Alexandre Cailliau

notify_version=2.4

custom=2

payer_status=verified

[email protected]

address_country=Netherlands

address_city=Deventer

quantity=1

verify_sign=AwD4sJJmdrzDKNGw7KMAMuZSx1AHAhQFN7MDRV4U5ia0TIiFz2QZrIy8

[email protected]

txn_id=8BS18295R67441336

payment_type=instant

last_name=Cailliau

address_state=Overijssel

[email protected]

payment_fee=

receiver_id=HBHYNGT3L5YBU

txn_type=web_accept

item_name=the Gathering webshop

mc_currency=EUR

item_number=

residence_country=NL

payment_gross=

shipping=0.45

$_GET:

IPN seems not working if your store doesn't have a SSL cert nor cURL lib installed. Please make sure you have at least one of them provided by your host.

Hello,

I have had paypal working well with os Commerce for a while now. I recently lost my webmaster who set all this up and I deleted the paypal account he had in his name.

I set up another account in mine. I was hoping there was an easy(ish) way to point what was already set up to the new Paypal account. I am only using paypal for cutomers choosing to pay with it that is I have another merchant account already set up.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Seems im using the PayPay IPN IPN V 3.1.5 contrib not this one - i have tried to implement this one its much nicer but i get the following error

"PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted packing value"oscommerce

any ideas?

best

Jody

I have just downloaded this contribution and installed it. Had no real issues to install, but now that I am testing I am not getting the right results.

I am using the paypal sandpit, the problem i have is the transaction is successful but the status is never updated passed the

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

I did read through this thread to find some clue and I read somewhere that if you didnt have cURL installed that the contribution would not work.

I am not sure how to tell if i do have this installed or not. I did look at my hosting provider www.hostdime.com - and there was a package to install the cURL perl libraries which I understand are used by php, I did an install but no change.Perhaps I am on the wrong chain of thought anyway.

I do not get any visible errors anywhere, everything looks fine, I am transfered back to the store okay. Just the status is never updated.

thanks for the help.

Edited by mbuswell

When a customer goes to the PayPal site this warning comes up in Firefox:

security-error-sm.gif

In IE the bar at the top says "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for more options..."

My website is http://www.poconolakemaps.com

I use this for shared SSL: https://poconolakemaps.nozonenet.com

How do I get rid of the warning messages?

I have just downloaded this contribution and installed it. Had no real issues to install, but now that I am testing I am not getting the right results.

I am using the paypal sandpit, the problem i have is the transaction is successful but the status is never updated passed the

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

I did read through this thread to find some clue and I read somewhere that if you didnt have cURL installed that the contribution would not work.

I am not sure how to tell if i do have this installed or not. I did look at my hosting provider www.hostdime.com - and there was a package to install the cURL perl libraries which I understand are used by php, I did an install but no change.Perhaps I am on the wrong chain of thought anyway.

I do not get any visible errors anywhere, everything looks fine, I am transfered back to the store okay. Just the status is never updated.

thanks for the help.

Actually i have checked and curl support is enabled on my server

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

so that is not the problem then. I have switched over to the live Paypal now too, still same result so the order goes through okay I just never get the update to say the order has been paid it just says as Preparing [PayPal IPN].

I dont get debug emails either, but given the payment process actually works i have left it live now on the store for people to use, i will just manually update the process after i get the email ntoification from paypal.

Still do want to get it integrated properly though so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

You are in the wrong support thread. This thread is not for PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution. Edited by AlexStudio

v.2.3 Issue

It seems that the paypal error message (PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted packing value) occurs when osCommerce sends details to paypal with one or more products in it's basket which are priced with VAT on them. But...

Strangely, this only happens when products that were added 'pre-PayPal IPN contribution' are being checked-out.

Even if only one of the products (pre-cont.) in the basket have VAT, the error will occur. Remove the product's VAT (from the drop-down menu in the admin) and the details are sent to PayPal without a problem.

I am not a coder, just a juggler so any help would be much appreciated.

(-_-)v

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need more clues to solve this PayPal IPN v2.3 error message "PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted packing value" issue.

Here is a debug code add-on, which is to dump the parameters sent within the button code into debug email. Warning!! This debug code will put order details in email without any protection. Apply this debug code only if you want to help solving the above issue, and it shall be removed after the problem sovled.

Find in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php around line 520:

unset($data);
  } else {
	while (list($key, $value) = each($parameters)) {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
	}
  }

return $process_button_string;
}

Replace with:

unset($data);
  } else {
	reset($parameters);
	  $process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
	}
  }
// BOF debug code
  if (tep_not_null(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG_EMAIL)) {
	reset($parameters);
	$email_body = '';
	  $email_body .= .= $key . '=' . $value . "\n";
	}
	tep_mail('', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG_EMAIL, 'PayPal IPN Parameters Dump', $email_body, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
  }
// EOF debug code
  return $process_button_string;
}

That's it.

Please post in this thread the problematic parameters sent to you, with personal info removed.

ALEX,

response to 2950

Parse error: parse error in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 532

Line 532:

$email_body .= .= $key . '=' . $value . "\n";

in Admin / Payment Modules

Edited by pegasus_paradox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------