• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

On my site I need to only ever take payments of 10% of the order total. Is there a way to mod the paypal_ipn so that the total is 10% of the full amount? If someone can point me to the right code then it can be coded in, never need to take a full payment. Please, if anyone can help this is really important. Alternatively is there a deposit module or order total module that works with paypal?

Many many thanks,

Martin

On my site I need to only ever take payments of 10% of the order total. Is there a way to mod the paypal_ipn so that the total is 10% of the full amount? If someone can point me to the right code then it can be coded in, never need to take a full payment. Please, if anyone can help this is really important. Alternatively is there a deposit module or order total module that works with paypal?

Many many thanks,

Martin

You may alter the includes/modules/payment/paypal_IPN.php file as follows:

look for this section:

//Itemized Order Details
	for ($i=0,$index=1; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++, $index++) {
	  //$index = $i+1;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['name']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['model']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('quantity_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['qty']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_'.$index, number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price']* $my_currency_value,2));
	  $tax = ($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * ($order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100)) * $my_currency_value;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('tax_'.$index, number_format($tax, 2));

//Customer Specified Product Options: PayPal Max = 2
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes']) {
		//$n = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']);
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		  if($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option']){
			$paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index,$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'],$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);
		  } else {
			$paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index);
		  }
		}
	  } else {
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		}
	  }
	}

} else { //Aggregate Cart (Method 1)

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('redirect_cmd', '_xclick') .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', !empty($payment_amount) ? $payment_amount : $this->amount($my_currency)) .
   tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $my_currency_value, $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)));

$item_number = '';
	for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) $item_number .= ' '.$order->products[$i]['name'].' ,';
	$item_number = substr_replace($item_number,'',-2);
	$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number', $item_number);

}

by that:

//Itemized Order Details
	for ($i=0,$index=1; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++, $index++) {
	  //$index = $i+1;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['name']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['model']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('quantity_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['qty']).

// TAKE 10% ONLY 
	tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_'.$index, number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * 0.1 * $my_currency_value,2));

$tax = ($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * ($order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100)) * $my_currency_value;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('tax_'.$index, number_format($tax * 0.1, 2));

//Customer Specified Product Options: PayPal Max = 2
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes']) {
		//$n = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']);
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		  if($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option']){
			$paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index,$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'],$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);
		  } else {
		  }
		}
	  } else {
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		}
	  }
	}

} else { //Aggregate Cart (Method 1)

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('redirect_cmd', '_xclick') .

// TAKE 10% ONLY
tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', !empty($payment_amount) ? $payment_amount * 0.1 : $this->amount($my_currency) *0.1) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * 0.1* $my_currency_value, $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)));

$item_number = '';
	for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) $item_number .= ' '.$order->products[$i]['name'].' ,';
	$item_number = substr_replace($item_number,'',-2);
	$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number', $item_number);

}

of course, I would recommend doing a test order first, with all teh stuff:

product with attributes if any

an order that has tax if applicable

Hope this helps

This mod won't work in the ipn part. The total amount logged in databse won't match the total amount paid at PayPal (in the IPN response). Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi,

When i click update on paypal ipn module to new info, after appear this below message;

"

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/modules.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

"

What is problem and solution?

Thanks.

any news on my problem?

when a customer send the payment with paypal ipn, the database will not save the product attributes of each item.... i also uploaded a screenshot of example in my first topic....

how can i fix it?

I just installed the Paypal IPN module but I am having an issue with the shipping charges on Paypal when multiple items are purchased. If I put only one item in my shopping cart, then everything works correctly and I am able to successfully check out using Paypal. However, if I try to purchase multiple items, then the charges show up correctly in OSC and on the initial Paypal summary page, but when I log in to Paypal to complete the payment it loses the shipping charges. The items and taxes are displayed correctly but there are no shipping charges at all. Obviously, it won't work not to charge the customer for shipping. I have contacted Paypal but they are still researching the issue. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and could help point me in the right direction. I have tried it with multiple shipping modules in OSC and I always get the same results so I am thinking it is a Paypal issue but still wanted to check if anyone here knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

I just installed the Paypal IPN module but I am having an issue with the shipping charges on Paypal when multiple items are purchased. If I put only one item in my shopping cart, then everything works correctly and I am able to successfully check out using Paypal. However, if I try to purchase multiple items, then the charges show up correctly in OSC and on the initial Paypal summary page, but when I log in to Paypal to complete the payment it loses the shipping charges. The items and taxes are displayed correctly but there are no shipping charges at all. Obviously, it won't work not to charge the customer for shipping. I have contacted Paypal but they are still researching the issue. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and could help point me in the right direction. I have tried it with multiple shipping modules in OSC and I always get the same results so I am thinking it is a Paypal issue but still wanted to check if anyone here knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

check if in Oscom you have the cart setting set to "itemize" instead of "aggregate". That worked for me (my shipping charges stopped showing up after Paypal remodeled their site)

check if in Oscom you have the cart setting set to "itemize" instead of "aggregate". That worked for me (my shipping charges stopped showing up after Paypal remodeled their site)

For examples, it does not work for me. But if replace the code:

if ($i == 0) {
$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), 
  $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
}

with:

if ($i == 0) {
}
$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost * $currencies->get_value($my_currency) / $n, 

it's getting better.

In the original IPN was, for example:

mc_shipping=0.00

mc_handling=0.00

mc_shipping1=11.91

mc_shipping2=0.00

Now, it should be (I don't have any not have):

mc_shipping1=5.95

mc_shipping2=5.95

BTW: I know for sure it worked till Sept 6

Edited by atnaples

For examples, it does not work for me. But if replace the code:

if ($i == 0) {
$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), 
}

with:

if ($i == 0) {
}
$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost * $currencies->get_value($my_currency) / $n, 

it's getting better.

In the original IPN was, for example:

mc_shipping=0.00

mc_handling=0.00

mc_shipping1=11.91

mc_shipping2=0.00

Now, it should be (I don't have any not have):

mc_shipping1=5.95

mc_shipping2=5.95

BTW: I know for sure it worked till Sept 6

Once I got the bracket in the right place, it worked flawlessly. Thanks!!!!!

Testing the latest IPN on the sandbox, and everything seems to be working fine...but when I go to check the order details in the admin panel, this shows up in the comments section and I cannot find the reason it's not's parsing it:

PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; <span class=currency_symbol>$</span>4.15<span class=currency_symbol></span>)] 

It just prints the span tags....any ideas? ...or if I wanted to remove the call for the spans, where would I look? tia

Since I don't seem to be getting any help in the big pond, perhaps this thread will yield direction and or answers....

I am using osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 from the 1/14/07 build

It seemed to be working fine then poof, all transactions are now failing to complete.

There seem to be 2 modes of failure.

Customer paying with CCs transactions are not going thru. This is since 9/19 or 20 (no transactions on the 19th).

I havent done anything with the system since the 16th, so I dont believe it is anything I have implemented.

What I am seeing is - status: Preparing [PayPal IPN]

As far as I know, all these folks are using CCs or checking accounts to pay.

If they use a paypal account, the other issue arose:

Order I believe completes on their end, they get charged, I get paid, EXCEPT no shipping passed to paypal and the total paid is off by that amount.

Additionally, I normally see an order process email, havent been getting them since this started.

Havent gotten any debug mails either, so i am really stumbling blindly.

from a customer who initially made me aware of the problem:

"When I was getting the double payment page; the first page was not including shipping, there was a dropdown box for you to select a cost, but the only thing that could be selected was $0.00 (the shipping and handling was there, but not included in the total) and when you hit payment on that page the next page was almost the exact same, but it did not have the dropdown and had the shipping cost included in the total. At that point, if you select the button, it got a page not found.

The last time I went through, I logged in with my paypal account and there was no shipping and handling fee added at all……

I used my bank account instead of a credit card….

This is the one that went through correctly (but not really), so please make sure base on the order below that you bill me for the shipping. "

Since this store is not generally accessible yet, I have only been using it to be able to offer a new product in tiered pricing.

It is not seeing the same amount of traffic as my regular hard coded website.

Any insight would really be appreciated.

It seemed to be working fine then poof, all transactions are now failing to complete.

There seem to be 2 modes of failure.

Customer paying with CCs transactions are not going thru. This is since 9/19 or 20 (no transactions on the 19th).

I havent done anything with the system since the 16th, so I dont believe it is anything I have implemented.

What I am seeing is - status: Preparing [PayPal IPN]

As far as I know, all these folks are using CCs or checking accounts to pay.

Is PayPal showing them as " echeques - uncleared " when you open the transaction details inside PayPal?

I've been seeing an unusually high number of those over the last month.

They will remain as Preparing [PayPal IPN] until the funds clear to PayPal and then into your account (roughly 3 days for US payers, and 7-10 days for UK & Euro payers)

Lots of buyers claim they are using CCs (instant Payment and clearance) but in fact when queried admit they used Visa Debit or Electron or similar (checking account debit card and should be instant, but sometimes PayPal gets confused and treats them as bank uploads).

Order I believe completes on their end, they get charged, I get paid, EXCEPT no shipping passed to paypal and the total paid is off by that amount.

Additionally, I normally see an order process email, havent been getting them since this started.

From osC or from PayPal? Not unusual for PayPal emails to get lost in the ether.

Havent gotten any debug mails either, so i am really stumbling blindly.

from a customer who initially made me aware of the problem:

"When I was getting the double payment page; the first page was not including shipping, there was a dropdown box for you to select a cost, but the only thing that could be selected was $0.00 (the shipping and handling was there, but not included in the total) and when you hit payment on that page the next page was almost the exact same, but it did not have the dropdown and had the shipping cost included in the total. At that point, if you select the button, it got a page not found.

The last time I went through, I logged in with my paypal account and there was no shipping and handling fee added at all……

I used my bank account instead of a credit card….

This is the one that went through correctly (but not really), so please make sure base on the order below that you bill me for the shipping. "

Since this store is not generally accessible yet, I have only been using it to be able to offer a new product in tiered pricing.

It is not seeing the same amount of traffic as my regular hard coded website.

Any insight would really be appreciated.

Sounds like the eBay programmers are busy breaking PayPal now they've finished breaking eBay :-" :lol: :lol:

This is getting very serious with so many similar but slightly different problems being reported and the contrib author not assisting on this forum

HARALD wherefore art thou? We need some assistance with this contrib. :'(

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

cayenne17 Posted Today, 12:29 PM

I'm not sure about your other issues but I was having the problem of no shipping charge being applied if I sent itemized orders to Paypal. Post 2860 has a fix for this problem. Hope that helps!

cayanne, I will check on the 2860 post, this isnt the aggregate solution I hope....

Guess I will find out ;)

totalnumpty Posted Today, 11:54 AM

Is PayPal showing them as " echeques - uncleared " when you open the transaction details inside PayPal?

I've been seeing an unusually high number of those over the last month.

They will remain as Preparing [PayPal IPN] until the funds clear to PayPal and then into your account (roughly 3 days for US payers, and 7-10 days for UK & Euro payers)

Lots of buyers claim they are using CCs (instant Payment and clearance) but in fact when queried admit they used Visa Debit or Electron or similar (checking account debit card and should be instant, but sometimes PayPal gets confused and treats them as bank uploads).

As far as the Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Here a few things I have discovered, yes, ebay programmers are mucking up paypal and there was a service issue on the 21st, but it doesnt cover what is now days of problems.

In one instance, the one noted in the initial post, he was using a CC not debit.

I have not yet in this store gotten a e-check, so I havent seen that particular prompt yet.

totalnumpty Posted Today, 11:54 AM
(minionsweb @ Sep 24 2007, 09:36 PM) *

From osC or from PayPal? Not unusual for PayPal emails to get lost in the ether.

This is from OSC, the debug emails havent come, nor has the order notification.

I have found that your script is not posting back to PayPal. When your script receives the notification it will need to append 'cmd=_notify_validate' to the string, and post it back to PayPal to validate the authenticity of the data.

This is from Paypal, so clue....

Thing is I am unsure where the script gets this info from and what is posted back to paypal.

Sorry to be such a dolt, its just the seasonal frenzy leaves me in a rather unfocused state.

Where should I be looking for these parameters?

The other question I have is where the hell do I review the server access logs?

I tell you all the rest of this set up was soooo smooth, I am bummed to run into these snags.

Again all, I appreciate all insight and guidance you can offer.

I've done some LIVE testing and this is what happens:

- After confirming the order, customer is redirected to paypal website and the order is created in OSC with it's status "preparing [Paypal IPN]"

- Payment is done on paypal

- order in OSC remains on "preparing [Paypal IPN]" while it should go to "pending" according to my settings

- confirmation of payment is sent fro mpaypal to our email address

- order confirmation from OSC is NOT sent to customer

- we receive the famous "PayPal IPN Invalid Process"

I've been browsing this huge topic for about 30 minute snow without really finding a fix for this bug...

Can anyone redirect me to a specific post or provide me with an answer for fixing this up?

Thank you very much in advance!

I'm having the exact same issue with no solution in sight. I thought it was because the host installed phpsexec on the server, and that was similar timing, but they moved my account to a new server with no change. My only guess at this point is that it's something changing at the PayPal side as well. I can certainly still get the orders, but it's very cumbersome to not have the cart send out the email notifications and change the status.

Has anyone come up with a solution? please? -Tom

- order in OSC remains on "preparing [Paypal IPN]" while it should go to "pending" according to my settings

- confirmation of payment is sent fro mpaypal to our email address

I'm having the exact same issue with no solution in sight. I thought it was because the host installed phpsexec on the server, and that was similar timing, but they moved my account to a new server with no change. My only guess at this point is that it's something changing at the PayPal side as well. I can certainly still get the orders, but it's very cumbersome to not have the cart send out the email notifications and change the status.

Has anyone come up with a solution? please? -Tom

But, are you getting paid?

This process failing is not updating my inventory counts, & not paying to paypal.

At this point it is more than cumbersome, since I now must invoice my customer to get paid.

Plus I have to tally inventory to make sure I can fulfill orders.

Paypal at this point also refuses to provide the string information parsed to and from the server (I do not have access to server logs, my host is being rather a dick about that, they wont be my host for much longer if they keep it up).

Does anyone have some of the string passed in the post, get and reply messages sent (without sensitive info of course) that I may borrow in order to get my host to grep the logs?

I am now 7 days into this issue with no end in site.

Any assistance from the community regard the strings would be a huge help to get these lazy #@(&s to move on the issue.

HIHO @ ALL

im using the last version of paypal ipn, but no product attributes are saved in the database orders, only the name of each item without their attributes selected by the customer, why? how can i fix it? any news?

But, are you getting paid?

This process failing is not updating my inventory counts, & not paying to paypal.

At this point it is more than cumbersome, since I now must invoice my customer to get paid.

Plus I have to tally inventory to make sure I can fulfill orders.

Paypal at this point also refuses to provide the string information parsed to and from the server (I do not have access to server logs, my host is being rather a dick about that, they wont be my host for much longer if they keep it up).

Does anyone have some of the string passed in the post, get and reply messages sent (without sensitive info of course) that I may borrow in order to get my host to grep the logs?

I am now 7 days into this issue with no end in site.

Any assistance from the community regard the strings would be a huge help to get these lazy #@(&s to move on the issue.

It seems that while backing up and duplicating my catalog locally, the permissions to the IPN files got set to read only globally, preventing paypal messages from being processed. I have since reset permissions appropriately.

But, its not completely resolved the issues.

I can get paypal payments to this point, but the credit card payments are still failing.

I cannot get server access logs from the host to assist in troubleshooting.

(avoid lunarpages at all costs!)

Any ideas on what to do next?

I've setup paypal and I've installed the module. What I could really use is some type of installation text file that can help me out with connecting the dots between the two. Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Edited by sbottom2

Hi Crownbrown. Probably an obvious question, but did you enable the Paypal module after installing it? I think it's disabled by default.

If not, go to the modules admin section, click on Paypal, click 'edit' and the enable/disable switch is right at the top. If that doesn't do it, make sure not restricting it by zone / currency (also in the 'edit' dialogue).

Any use?

Obvious Question #1 - Have you turned-on IPN Notification on your PayPal account?

The IPN URL is http://www/yourdomain.com/catalog/ext/modu...pal_ipn/ipn.php

Edited by fdinkler

IPN doesn't work orders status stay at preparing[PayPal_IPN], no stock update and/or INVALID IPN PROCESS If your host is GoDaddy

GoDaddy has changed the cURL proxy server IP, so the previous fix for GoDaddy doesn't work anymore.

Solution:

Open catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

find:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

add immediately after:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");

If you have applied the previous fix, just replace the IP address with the URL proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I've done some LIVE testing and this is what happens:

- After confirming the order, customer is redirected to paypal website and the order is created in OSC with it's status "preparing [Paypal IPN]"

- confirmation of payment is sent from paypal to our email address

I've been browsing this huge topic for about 30 minute snow without really finding a fix for this bug...

Can anyone redirect me to a specific post or provide me with an answer for fixing this up?

Thank you very much in advance!

I got a note from my financial department that theIPN Notification on our PayPal account was not turned on... I've asked the guys to change that. Do you think that should do the trick?

Hey guys, I've been having major problems with the shipping thing like most of you lately. I've been busy here all night trying to get my shop working well.

I updated my paypal IPN to the newest one and re entered all my info for the IPN. Next I tried a test order with nothing edited and the payment went pretty well but now in the paypal shipping area it says 0. But on a postive it charged for everything including the shipping in one lump sum.

Next I edited the paypal_ipn.php file as some other members who were saying post 2860 was changing the shipping fee. But again my shippng fee says 0.

Here's the code I edited:

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
		  $shipping_cost = $order->info['shipping_cost'];
		} else {
		  $module = substr($shipping['id'], 0, strpos($shipping['id'], '_'));
		  $shipping_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($GLOBALS[$module]->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
		  $shipping_cost = $order->info['shipping_cost'] + tep_calculate_tax($order->info['shipping_cost'], $shipping_tax);
		}

}
		$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost * $currencies->get_value($my_currency) / $n,   $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) {

What should I do? Should I even care. I just know I'm going to get some emails from customers asking why in Paypal they didn't pay for shipping even though they did.

Nigel