• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Now I have tested the checkout and can see / use the Paypal IPN but cannot re-activate the Paypal (standard) mod because it makes the Paypal IPN option vanish from my checkout...

Any ideas on how to run the 2 mods at the same time would be awesome!

Hi Tim,

Maybe I haven't understood your question properly, but why would you want to run both the IPN and the standard Paypal module? It's my understanding that the IPN module replaces the standard paypal module that's shipped with osC. The Paypal IPN module is much better than the standard module and I'd highly recommend running one or the other (not both).

It's actually working now. I had to remove (not just do an uninstall in the admin panel) the module and then copy the files to my server again. That seemed to work. Not sure why though!

Anette

Ok, Just to confirm this, you need to sign up for Paypal WebPro in order to use this module correct? Without signing up for WebPro, you will not be able to have Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Correct?

Thanks. Have this module installed, just waiting to sign up for Webpro so that I can configure it.

Ok, Just to confirm this, you need to sign up for Paypal WebPro in order to use this module correct?

This module was NOT written for WebPro so if you're looking for WebPro then this is not the right contribution. For the private key etc. I don't believe you need a WebPro account - just a business account with PayPal. But if you have an SSL or cURL enabled, then you won't need the private key stuff. all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

It's my understanding that the IPN module replaces the standard paypal module that's shipped with osC.

Hi mightymidget!!

That's awesome... it's my newbie mistake there then.

I was under the impression the IPN was simply for Credit / Debit card payment via Paypal and not for regular Paypal to Paypal account transactions!

Thank you heaps for clearing that up for me!!

T

Hey folks,

Sorry about this now, I posted this in the main forum for payment modules without

realising there was a specific IPN support thread.

I installed the IPN 2_2 contribution there last week!! It's a great contrib and the

fact that we can start our business and gauge the demand without having to go through

the rigmarole of opening merchant accounts and setting up payment gateways is fantastic.

Thanks for a great contrib.

I've encountered a few problems and think I can shoehorn em into a couple of questions for

folks whom have the time.

Setup

========

Hosting - godaddy.com

Linux shared hosting

Mysql 5.0

php version 4.3.11

Godaddy turbo SSL cert installed

Currently testing against paypal's sandbox.

1. Once the order has been placed and I guess the ipn has been received in the background

should the order status change to something else other than Preparing [Paypal IPN] ??

2. I was successfully testing the credit card functionality with numbers I was generating using

code I retrieved from paypals code sample section. Then yesterday when I felt I wasn't getting

any IPN notifications at all I had a look at my IPN URL

and sure enough there was a typo there. So i fixed it up and since then no credit card numbers

work and then no longer go through even if I change it back.

Could this be to do with paypal or is it my changing the URL?

Thanks for all and any help,

Mark.

A quick question. I have installed a copy of RC1 and in the modules list under admin it shows the IPN mobule. Does this mean it is already pre-included and just requires configuration, or do i still need to download and install the contribution?

I am sure i came across a comment somewhere, during the install, but for the life of me i cannot find it now.

Cheers..

Hi,

I installed PayPal_IPN_v2.2, It looks great but I have a serious problem. I receive "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". Then I receive "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $0.01)] " and the order turns into Pending and an email gets sent to the customer. So far so good, the problem is that every 5 minutes or so I see in the backend another "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $0.01)] " with status "Pending" and a duplicate email is sent to the customer each time!

I looked through the forum and I don't see anything like it. Can someone please give me a clue what's happening? I tried it in sandbox and live, same thing.

Thanks

Hi,

I have stumbled against a problem that I'm getting with orders not being completed.

I have the installed PayPal_IPN_v2.2 contribution with the latest OS commerce version, everythings been great until I get my first European Order in EUR (I'm based in the UK) which for some reason remains as Preparing [PayPal IPN], No amount has been added to my Paypal balance but get all the normal notifications?

The UK transactions have been all successful, I couldn't find a post relating to this topic so could it be an issue with my paypal account not accepting EUR as a currency? or is it something in the IPN contrib that Ive missed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, generally I find answers to what I'm looking for but this time I need help :)

Thanks

Kez

Super nice of you to supply this contib BUT

Had the preinstalled paypal option which kind of worked ok but I need more so I uninstalled it then installed these files.

Installed exactly as required but as soon as I go to the admin page I get:

Warning: main(/path/to/my/domain/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/my/domain/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/path/to/my/domain/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/my/domain/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/path/to/my/domain/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /path/to/my/domain/admin/modules.php on line 128

errmmm ... why?

Thanks in advance.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Thing is, I can install the module and, by the looks of it, set prefs.

The title of the module is displayed as:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_TEXT_TITLE

(sorry to double post but for some reason the forum doesn't allow me to edit my own messages!)

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

OK I just installed osCommerce PayPal IPN 2.2 under the configuration settings what do I need in these boxes?:

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

I am not sure of what I need, I want to use paypal standard, and I do not have SSL, I just want the customers to be able to go to paypal site and pay with a paypal account or a credit debit card. I was under the impression that I would not have to use these and leave blank since they are going to a secure site. I have tried testing this with the LIVE setting and after the user enters all their data for Credit/ATM card and click confirm it just goes to a paypal page with no error message but says "click here to retry" or "return to homepage" it works if using a paypal account just not the credit debit cards, also I have installed "paypal standard no login" contribution, would this be effecting it?

I am not sure what is wrong with what i have done...

I am trying to test Paypal IPN and i require the transaction id

I have it but when i process it i receive an error

Invalid Test

An error has occured, mostly likely because the Custom field in the IPN Test Panel did not have a valid transaction id.

what am i doing wrong. I didn't install this contribution, i copied and pasted over all the files that were given by the contribution

I really need to get this solved ASAP please can anyone help me

Ilan

A quick question. I have installed a copy of RC1 and in the modules list under admin it shows the IPN mobule. Does this mean it is already pre-included and just requires configuration, or do i still need to download and install the contribution?

As far as I know the contrib in RC1 is an old version from 2005 - Harald obviously thinks my coding is sh*** so what the heck - it's only 2 1/2 years out of date. Terra PS: don't forget that RC1 translates in "beta version" - not suitable for live sites.

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

The title of the module is displayed as:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_TEXT_TITLE

This means you forgot to copy over the language level file (or copied it into the wrong place) - please double-check that you uploaded the correct file to /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/. All the best - Terra

Hi Terra,

Thanks a mill for the contribution. I was hoping you could let me know if upon

receipt of an ipn should the status of the order automatically change in the orders section of the admin?

Also what do you find is the best way to debug the php in the OSCommerce project?

Do you send emails for everything as per the IPN setup?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi,

I installed PayPal_IPN_v2.2, It looks great but I have a serious problem. I receive "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". Then I receive "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $0.01)] " and the order turns into Pending and an email gets sent to the customer. So far so good, the problem is that every 5 minutes or so I see in the backend another "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $0.01)] " with status "Pending" and a duplicate email is sent to the customer each time!

I looked through the forum and I don't see anything like it. Can someone please give me a clue what's happening? I tried it in sandbox and live, same thing.

Thanks

Terra or someone, anything??

Thanks

Just wanted to chime in that I am also having a problem within the payapl sandbox (and my test site on localhost) with paypal returning me to my website correctly after the purchase has been completed. As stated by another poster, the "Return to Merchant" text hyperlink within the payment process correctly returns me to my website. After paying, however, the hyperlink button "Complete Your Order Confirmation" does not return me correctly to my website.

The payment seems to be processed correctly and the test email is sent correctly so this is a minor problem but I'd like to be able to solve it in order to maintain some semblance of professionalism :lol:

Not looking forward to diving into all the programming code...any one solved this problem yet?

Also, major Thank You to Terra and company who developed this module and continue to support it!

I have found Paypal to be incredibly vexing...and poorly organized -- actually, I'm the one who is probably to blame. Do I really need to add anything more than my email address?

Ok I must have installed and reinstalled this module 3 times over the past two months, but continually come to the same problem. Here is the error I get:

Warning: fopen(/973453-3-data.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 426

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 427

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 428

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error getting private key in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 433

Warning: unlink(/973453-3-data.txt): No such file or directory in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 435

Warning: file_get_contents(/973453-3-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 438

Warning: fopen(/973453-3-signed.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 442

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 443

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 444

Warning: unlink(/973453-3-signed.txt): No such file or directory in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 450

Warning: file_get_contents(/973453-3-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 453

Warning: unlink(/973453-3-encrypted.txt): No such file or directory in /home/content/N/o/x/Noxwear/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 457

Here are lines 389 through 496 of paypal_ipn.php

//+1.4

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id, 

'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'], 

'date_added' => 'now()', 

'customer_notified' => '0', 

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

//-1.4

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

'products_id' => tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']),

'products_model' => $order->products[$i]['model'],

'products_name' => $order->products[$i]['name'],

'products_price' => $order->products[$i]['price'],

'final_price' => $order->products[$i]['final_price'],

'products_tax' => $order->products[$i]['tax'],

'products_quantity' => $order->products[$i]['qty']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

$attributes_exist = '0';

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) {

$attributes_exist = '1';

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {

$attributes_query = "select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pad.products_attributes_maxdays, pad.products_attributes_maxcount , pad.products_attributes_filename

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa

left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad

on pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id

where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id

and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "'

and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id

and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'

and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'";

$attributes = tep_db_query($attributes_query);

} else {

$attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa where pa.products_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

}

$attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,

'products_options' => $attributes_values['products_options_name'],

'products_options_values' => $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'],

'options_values_price' => $attributes_values['options_values_price'],

'price_prefix' => $attributes_values['price_prefix']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, $sql_data_array);

I'm using GoDaddy, and have made the suggested cURL modification that is at the bottom of the configuration page.

Hi everybody,

I really need help :huh: I just installed and activated the last Paypal IPN release on my shop, and everything looks right in the Admin section. Unfortunately, when I login as user and I try to simulate the buy process, I can't see any Paypal payment in the shipping methods list. All the others work fine... just Paypal is hidden... why??? :blink:

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sergio

Sorry again... it was in that whay :blush: Now instead I can't see any payment method, the only one currently available is the 'flat rate'... mah, I really can't figure what I've done so wrong on this poor shop........ the problem come after I replaced the standard osCommerce's Paypal with the newest, but it's my fault for sure...

Sergio

Edited by justapeek

Ok... after 1hr and half of hard job (hard for me, that I don't understand nothing about Php) I'm back to the previous situation: now all the method payments come out, just Paypal is still unavailable. I also repeated the installation of the contribution, but nothing changes. Any help about this will be really appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Sergio

I have spent the past hour or so reading about 25-30 pages. I have upgraded my IPN module from 1.1 to 2.2 and while testing it everything seems to work in sandbox. The only thing I am interested in is it is not passing the product being purchased, it is showing the store name instead. I know in 1.1 it would pass the item to pay-pal.

I have it set to Aggregate in the setting and I heard it will does this when this setting it enable. I read that if set to Per Item it will pass the item to pay-pal but it had problems. So is their a fix for this to where it will pass the item being purchased to pay pal instead of it just showing the store name?

Everything seems to show up fine in admin

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.