• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

You did not set up the order status values correctly. Please refer to this guide.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

You did not set up the order status values correctly. Please refer to this guide.

Thank you Alex, it's a great guide. It is working now! I am glad, and thankful to you :)

Now, when I see it as a customer, next to the order number, I see 11 downloads available. Looks misleading from a customer's point of view... as only one download is actually available.

Is it okay to change the "11 downloads available" to "downloads available"? Similarly for other order_status codes?

Thank you

Regards

MoonRay

Oh, I tried another item, other than test.zip. Imagine this next to the dead download link:

"Link expires:

Wednesday 31 December, 1969 5 downloads remaining"

What might have been wrong?

I have had a read through this thread but see 2 different answers to the question below

should the return url on paypal be set to

http://www.mysite.com/checkout_success.php

or

http://www.mysite.com/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

Also if you have SSL setup on the site, should it be https instead of http?

Cheers

Ignore my last post. I found the answer. checkout_process.php

But now I get the "Message 3005" error on sandbox

Here are my settings.

Paypal module on oSC

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

True

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

None

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing (PayPal IPN)

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Page Style

my style

Debug E-Mail Address

my email address

Sort order of display

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

ALL THE SSL KEY STUFF IS BLANK

Working Directory

/hsphere/local/home/mysite/mysite.com/temp

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Paypal Sandbox settings in Profile

Payments Received Preferences

Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

yes

Block accidental payments:

yes

Block payments from users who:

Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab

No

Block payments from users who:

Pay with eCheck for website and Smart Logo payments, or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay

Yes

Display "Add Instructions to Seller" text input field

Yes

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:

Website Payment prefrences

Auto Return:

On

Return URL:

http://www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php

Payment Data Transfer (optional)

OFF

Block Non-encrypted Website Payment:

Off

PayPal Account Optional

ON

Contact Telephone Number

OFF

Is there anything wrong there.

I am using the register_Globals OFF contrib and the FEC 3.2 Contrib as well. Could they be causing the problems?

Thanks

is any one have any idea about how can I pass the customer's shipping address to paypal,so that they do not need to fillin them twice(once at my shop,another one at check out with paypal)?

and other thing is is it possiable to put accpet criedet card logo on the payment page next to the paypal option

and is there a way to show the discription under the paypal option?e.g."to pay by criedt card you do not need to have to regest with paypal "

thanx!!

Hi Richard,

I had the same questions about 3005 - I didn't really get it resolved but I got it more often than not. I can say however that after going to the live PayPal server, just tonight!, it no longer occurs.

Thanks for that.

I might set it to the live server tomorrow and give myself a test order :D

I have had a read through this thread but see 2 different answers to the question below

should the return url on paypal be set to

http://www.mysite.com/checkout_success.php

or

http://www.mysite.com/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

Also if you have SSL setup on the site, should it be https instead of http?

Cheers

You shouldn't need to set anything for the return URL. This module passes a transaction-based return URL with the request.

However, you may wish to set the auto-return URL under Website Payment Preferences to the checkout_success page. This is reported to provide some benefit when customers don't click the "continue" button on the PayPal payment summary page.

If you were going to use the second one at all, it would go under Instant Payment Notification preferences. However, the module already specifies that is the page to be accessed with the notification and you will receive an error message from the store any time that you received a payment to your PayPal account by any means other than the store. This is because other payments would cause the page to be accessed and ipn.php would be unable to find the transaction in the store's database.

--Glen

Questions that I have seen asked several times, but no answer...

1. Will this ever pass the address so the customer only has to type the info in 1 time

2. Currently, when Paypal is selected on my site, it passes the total correctly, but the screen tha pops assumes the customer has a paypal address, if they do not have a paypal account, the "dont have an account" button is not large enough. Is there an option for the dont have an account option to show 1st?

3. How does this differ than the DEVSOC version..

Edited by graysonhobby

IPN module have to create the order in the first place, and then in the confirm check out page it will send out the order info to paypal when customers hit the confirm button.

If it acted like other modules, created orders when the confirm button been hit, how could it send out the order when customers arrived at paypal pages?

Got it?

Not all of it...

I understand that the order has to be created (preparing [PayPal IPN]) before clients are send to the paypal pages but why can the module not create the order and at the same time send clients to the paypal pages if clients hit the confirm button? So only when clients confirms (thus send to paypal-pages) the order is created.

Not all of it...

I understand that the order has to be created (preparing [PayPal IPN]) before clients are send to the paypal pages but why can the module not create the order and at the same time send clients to the paypal pages if clients hit the confirm button? So only when clients confirms (thus send to paypal-pages) the order is created.

IPN module must create the order before confirm. If not, IPN module would need to send the order info to payapl, and redirect customers to paypal page, and create the order at the same time. This couldn't work because when the database failed, the order info had been sent out but not recorded in your store. You got no chance to notify the customers not to make the payment.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thank you Alex, it's a great guide. It is working now! I am glad, and thankful to you :)

Now, when I see it as a customer, next to the order number, I see 11 downloads available. Looks misleading from a customer's point of view... as only one download is actually available.

Is it okay to change the "11 downloads available" to "downloads available"? Similarly for other order_status codes?

Thank you

Regards

MoonRay

By all means! Those numbers were just to help you setup the order status. Thank you for pointing this out, I didn't think of that.

Hi Richard,

I had the same questions about 3005 - I didn't really get it resolved but I got it more often than not. I can say however that after going to the live PayPal server, just tonight!, it no longer occurs.

I finally figured out how to get my Paypal IPN to work in testing mode in the sandbox.

I had to set my email address in the paypal IPN setup are in admin to be the same as one of the accounts I set up in the sandbox.

Now the testing area works like a charm.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question properly; customers are already returned back to the shop checkout automatically after paying at PayPal and the shop and PayPal also automatically send the customer an e-mail.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question properly; customers are already returned back to the shop checkout automatically after paying at PayPal and the shop and PayPal also automatically send the customer an e-mail.

Well, yes and no:

It is true that a customer is sent an email by PayPal as soon as she/he pays. The shop only sends an email if, and only if, they choose to return to the shop. In most cases PayPal customers will return to the shop because they are directed to do so by a large "Complete Order" button. However, for those many customers who choose to pay by credit card, the return to shop function is not clear and could easily be missed. Why? Because in their eagerness to sign up new customers, PayPal replace the large "Complete Order" button with an equally large "Sign up for PayPal" one. For credit card customers, the return to shop function is very small and down on the bottom left of the page.

You may argue that the a customer has received an email notification from PayPal, so what's the problem? The answer, as many of us with discount modules will know, is that if the PayPal IPN module is set to "Aggregate" (which it has to be with discounts), the customer recieves an email from PayPal with just the total amount. This means that the shop has to send out an itemized invoice at some point in time after the customer had received his/her notification from PayPal. The latter is clearly not a very elegant solution to the problem.

I am no PHPer but I feel that a script which checks if a person has returned to the shop or not would solve this problem.

I have installed the Official PayPal IPN module togehter with the download controller.

As an additional payment moduleI want to offer moneybookers http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,moneybookers.

Does anyone know if these modules clash in anway or can they be used side by side?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Sinbadsurf

Hi Guys,

This is a great module and I have it setup and working to process payments.

The problem is this:

All my orders are stuck on

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

The Paypal payment processes correctly, ie the funds transfer between my sandbox accounts, however the status never updates to payment received.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Lucas

The Paypal payment processes correctly, ie the funds transfer between my sandbox accounts, however the status never updates to payment received.

Does your host have a firewall in place? If yes, there's info on this thred how to get around it. The verification is handled by /ext/..... file. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hello,

I've installed osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.3 and it seems to be working fine except that the notification email now has the subject "EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT" and not the regular "Big Games Online Store Order # 34 has been received." Any idea what is going on here ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rux

Does your host have a firewall in place? If yes, there's info on this thred how to get around it. The verification is handled by /ext/..... file. Terra

Thanks Terra, I believe it will come down to the host - the dreaded GoDaddy!

I have seen info about fsock and also proxies and all sorts of things - I've been searching and searching and seem to get more confused! I've tried a few things to no avail... do you have any specific advice in this situation?

Anybody else had the Paypal IPN Preparing Payment status being stuck and they're using a GoDaddy account? I'm sure there's something in the Godaddy setup blocking the response back from Paypal.

Thanks again, Lucas

Thanks Terra, I believe it will come down to the host - the dreaded GoDaddy!

I have seen info about fsock and also proxies and all sorts of things - I've been searching and searching and seem to get more confused! I've tried a few things to no avail... do you have any specific advice in this situation?

Anybody else had the Paypal IPN Preparing Payment status being stuck and they're using a GoDaddy account? I'm sure there's something in the Godaddy setup blocking the response back from Paypal.

Thanks again, Lucas

Update: I have added the extra lines of code in the ipn.php file

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://64.202.165.130:3128");

As i found in another post, however it's still no updating!

Any help please?

Anyone hosting on godaddy.com and using this module will need to make the following change to /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php.

Find (at or around line 71):

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

Add immediately after:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "HTTP://64.202.165.130:3128");

This is needed for communicating with PayPal.

Any help please?

Change to a decent host? Alternatively, if you insist at staying at GoDaddy try Brian's solution from post 1340 on page 67 in this thread (quoted above for easy reference). Terra

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **