• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi Terra,

We finally solved this problem. We are hosting at goDaddy.com, and they have a firewall in place...

Ok, so anyone out there hosting at goDaddy, add these two lines to the ipn.php file:

look for

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

and after that add:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);

//Route thru GoDaddy's proxy

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY,"http://64.202.165.130:3128");

Maybe you can add this to the contribution with the ip being a variable, for all those of us hosting at goDaddy or at any other hosting with a firewall.

Please take a look at this FAQ we found at goDaddy.. http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?articl...88&topic_id

Thank You,

Leibtek

I am also getting this error but I'm hosting with powweb. Would you get INVALID emails if you applied the shipping bug workaround with CCGV since the shipping sent is $0.00 but the shipping posted on the cart is the actual amount?

Onnig

I am also getting this error but I'm hosting with powweb. Would you get INVALID emails if you applied the shipping bug workaround with CCGV since the shipping sent is $0.00 but the shipping posted on the cart is the actual amount?

The fix won't affect the response, as only the parameters which are sent are validated (basically they are sent twice - once when customer goes to PayPal, once when PayPal accesses ipn.php).

Your problem is most likely powweb - if you are a religious person, I'd recommend praying. Personally, I wouldn't touch their servers with a barge pole. If you are more technical minded, it's worth investigating firewalls and access permissions on your server as you probably have the same issue like GoDaddy servers.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

The fix won't affect the response, as only the parameters which are sent are validated (basically they are sent twice - once when customer goes to PayPal, once when PayPal accesses ipn.php).

Your problem is most likely powweb - if you are a religious person, I'd recommend praying. Personally, I wouldn't touch their servers with a barge pole. If you are more technical minded, it's worth investigating firewalls and access permissions on your server as you probably have the same issue like GoDaddy servers.

all the best, Terra

LOL!!

Thankfully, I am a religious person. I've already started investigating with powweb regarding any firewalls. Thanks again,

Onnig

Onnig

I was just wondering if the module works ok with registered globals off module and what I would need to do to make it work if not...

I have spent a number of search inquiries but no luck.

Thanks!

nvm i think i answered my own question... i had to edit one more file application_top.inc.php the same as application_top.php was modified in the mod and all works fine so far.

:blink:

Im just looking at the procedure... the whole point of having wpp and a paypal sandbox system is to NOT have to go to the paypal site to pay for items... in fact the whole reason I have an account setup like this is to keep my customers on my site and NOT make them go to paypals site UNLESS they want to pay on their site...

I dont see any fields that can be put in like a regular credit card transaction should be setup...

If you look at how it should be setup for wpp you should have one selection for paypal and another for credit card...

Am I missing something that would be used for credit card processing without going to paypals site with this mod? because really it seems the same as the stock mod that comes with osCommerce other than a test IPN?

well i see this is to get the instant payment notifications and pretty much be able to go from there I suppose to setup or ship an order...

Anyone know how to setup they paypal test certificates for actually processing credit cards on the site without having to make customers go to paypals site?

Well the IPN module works great I was just a bit confused as to what all it was suppose to do... righton man good work! thanks.

I am just wondering what direct payment module would be best for working with this?

Well the IPN module works great I was just a bit confused as to what all it was suppose to do... righton man good work! thanks.

I am just wondering what direct payment module would be best for working with this?

The most stable and best supported WPP (Direct Payment/Express Checkout) module is the one by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects). You can find the contribution at <http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647>. The support topic is at <http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174981>.

I have been using it since version 0.1 and am quite happy with it.

Note that if you use the Direct Payment API, you must offer Express Checkout as well, including the option to check out without logging in to your store, according to PayPal's business rules. The above module complies with PayPal's rules.

--Glen

The most stable and best supported WPP (Direct Payment/Express Checkout) module is the one by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects). You can find the contribution at <http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647>. The support topic is at <http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174981>.

And just to add that the above WPP option is only available for USA accounts and requires an approved/active WPP account with PayPal. Terra

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

And just to add that the above WPP option is only available for USA accounts and requires an approved/active WPP account with PayPal. Terra

That is true, though the word is out that they will be introducing the service in the UK later this year.

The Express Checkout API can be used by any PayPal business accout holder, and works with all PayPal-supported currencies. However, there isn't a standalone EC module, and the EC part of the WPP module currently assumes that business will be transacted in USD.

--Glen

right on thanks for tha advice and tips. I have seen that contribution finally after hitting payment modules instead of credit modules... kinda confused me and even if I did a complete search for paypal it didnt come up for me but I finally found it and will test it out here shortly.

Thanks again for all the help all!

Hello I have installed the Paypal IPN module, set up all my certificates and keys, and configured my paypal account, but when I go through the checkout procedure I get the following errors when I click to confirm checkout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: fopen(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 365

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 366

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/admin/my-pubcert.pem): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 372

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/admin/my-prvkey.pem): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 372

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error getting private key in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 372

Warning: unlink(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-data.txt): No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 374

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 377

Warning: fopen(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 381

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 382

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 383

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/admin/paypal_cert.pem): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 387

Warning: unlink(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-signed.txt): No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 389

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 392

Warning: unlink(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-encrypted.txt): No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 396

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is probably something stupid that I have overlooked, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello I have installed the Paypal IPN module, set up all my certificates and keys, and configured my paypal account, but when I go through the checkout procedure I get the following errors when I click to confirm checkout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: fopen(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/temp/510011-2-data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 365

It appears that your temporary directory doesn't exist, or doesn't have appropriate permissions. The above error shows that the module is expecting to create a file in /catalog/temp/. Create the directory, or change the module's settings to point to an appropriate temporary directory.

Snipped a couple of errors related to the above problem.

Warning: file_get_contents(home/senso3/public_html/catalog/admin/my-pubcert.pem): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/senso3/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 372

The module is looking in your admin folder for your public certificate, named my-pubcert.pem. Check the settings to make sure that the paths to the certificate and keys are correct, and that the filenames match what you have stored on the server.

Snipped a bunch more errors relating to the above two fixes.

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is probably something stupid that I have overlooked, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fix the two errors above, and all should be well.

--Glen

can someone please tell me why my shipping is wrong..

i have ups xml live rates and for some reason the shipping fee passed to paypal is 8.50

i dont even know where there was a field i ever inputted 8.50 into. makes no sense but i need it to pass the real shipping rates not a flat fee.

i just realized my coupon discount isnt being sent to paypal either.. anyone know the link to have osc just output the total with discounts and shipping etc. as 1 value thats sent to paypal. thats prob best.

i just realized my coupon discount isnt being sent to paypal either.. anyone know the link to have osc just output the total with discounts and shipping etc. as 1 value thats sent to paypal. thats prob best.

You know - you could at least scan the last two pages of the thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=895879

and don't forget to intgrate CCGV with PayPal as per helpfile in contrib package

Terra

Edited by Terra

Ok I recently set up the module and while it worked perfectly with Sandbox but when I put in my actuall paypal e-mail and clicked on live server I started having problems. As soon as I click to confrim my order where it should send me back to my webpage I get an error at Paypal:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message -1

I checked all my settings and cant find a thing. I am using QT Pro as well but I went through the setup for that as well to make it work. Any suggestions?

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message -1

This usually means there's an error with your PayPal settings. Things to check:

-> are you using a verified business account for your shop?

-> are you trying to pay yourself? (this wont' work)

-> your currency selection (does the IPN & your account have the same set-up?)

-> country codes (in older versions some shops had e.g. CA for Canadad instead of CAD)

NB: this is not an IPN / code problem but an error due to your PayPal account. Last time I saw this error on the forum it was becuase the business account was unverified.

all the best, Terra

This usually means there's an error with your PayPal settings. Things to check:

-> are you using a verified business account for your shop?

-> are you trying to pay yourself? (this wont' work)

-> your currency selection (does the IPN & your account have the same set-up?)

-> country codes (in older versions some shops had e.g. CA for Canadad instead of CAD)

NB: this is not an IPN / code problem but an error due to your PayPal account. Last time I saw this error on the forum it was becuase the business account was unverified.

all the best, Terra

As far as a business account it is verified but the e-mail account is not....still trying to work with the guy that I am doing the site for to get that up and running. Could that be the problem at this point since I double checked all the other suggestions you have made and everything seems to be right.

Hi there,

Been trawling through the thread and I dont think Ive seen the answer so here goes (60 pages is a lot in this heat :D )

Ive setup a paypal account, tested it and its all working, however it seems that im not eligable for seller protection at the moment. Reason seems to be because the address isnt being passed through?

Is there a way to pass things across so I become eligable for seller protection or am I missing somethig?

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi there,

Been trawling through the thread and I dont think Ive seen the answer so here goes (60 pages is a lot in this heat :D )

Ive setup a paypal account, tested it and its all working, however it seems that im not eligable for seller protection at the moment. Reason seems to be because the address isnt being passed through?

Is there a way to pass things across so I become eligable for seller protection or am I missing somethig?

Seller protection is based on your account standings and the information provided by the customer about their billing and credit card address. It is not tied to the OSC module in any way that I know of.

If you accept payments from buyers with "unconfirmed" addresses, or have had a certain number of complaints and a few other reasons you will see your not eligible. :(

Myself I have my account to not accept payments from buyers without a "confirmed adderess" and only ship to their "confirmed adderess". I had to tweek the IPN module to pass the peramiter that insists the buyer give a shipping address as well as a billing address on Paypal (they only enter it once if it's the same).

Seller Protection Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does it mean if a transaction is Seller Protection Policy eligible?

If a transaction is Seller Protection Policy eligible, you will be protected from chargebacks due to fraud when you follow these guidelines:

• Have a Verified Business or Premier account
  • Ship to the address on the Transaction Details page
  • Provide timely shipment
  • Retain reasonable proof of delivery that can be tracked online
  • Ship tangible goods

What does it mean if a transaction is Seller Protection Policy ineligible?

If a transaction is ineligible for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, PayPal is unable to offer protection against fraudulent chargebacks. In such cases, we advise that you ship to the buyer's Confirmed Address whenever possible. Shipping to a buyer's Confirmed Address helps ensure that you are shipping to the person who set up the PayPal account. It is important to note, though, that users in some countries and regions do not have the ability to confirm their addresses. When a user is unable to provide a Confirmed Address, you may want to take special care when shipping packages by obtaining proof of delivery or tracking information.

Confirmed Addresses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a Confirmed Address?

A buyer's Confirmed Address is checked against the credit card billing address maintained by his or her credit card company.

How is address confirmation useful?

Address confirmation is useful because it provides a way for a seller to verify a buyer's identity. Shipment to a confirmed address, however, is not a requirement for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy since not all PayPal users are able to confirm their addresses. If a transaction is eligible for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, a seller must ship to the address found on the Transaction Details page (regardless of whether that address is confirmed or not). For transactions that are ineligible for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, we recommend that a seller ships to a buyer's Confirmed Address.

What is an Unconfirmed Address?

An Unconfirmed Address is any address which is not associated with a credit card or which has not been verified by PayPal. Most non-U.S. addresses cannot be confirmed at this time because many international credit card platforms do not support methods to do so.