• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Ok an update

I now get a download link..

I went through and deleted all products attributes except one which I named download and then created a value option of 1 ( not sure why this option id is neccessary ( anyone?)

on trying this i got sucessful purchase and returned to the download link to the product....

but

1) my TOTAL PRICE HAD BEEN DOUBLED somehow...which is really wierd

2) also the order history box link does not show the order but simply the product which then links back into the product category page... this has to be wrong too as I have seen working examples which link to the existing orders

does anyone have an idea how these can be fixed?

I just set up the osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1 on a store and made a test order and when I bring up the admin orders area my one order is showing as 3 seperate orders. two of the orders are for the product price and the third is the shipping price. I set the product to be .01 with free shipping. This is what the orders table looks like:

$0.01 04/07/2006 05:56:05 Pending

$0.01 04/07/2006 05:56:05 Pending

$0.00 04/07/2006 05:56:05 Pending

See how it is the same order by the date/time.

Anyone know whats going on?

1) my TOTAL PRICE HAD BEEN DOUBLED somehow...which is really wierd

does anyone have an idea how these can be fixed?

Ok i found this in the manual i must have missed it the first time on setup... the 'value price' column should be zero for regular (ie not extra charged or lesser charged items) or those that only have one option i.e an mp3 or virtual file...only use numbers here you want to modify the basic price (in conjunction with the = or -

manual text is as follows

Products Attributes

Now, you are ready to start adding Attribute Groups and Attribute Values to your products.

Finally, select the product from the Catalog>Products menu in the Administrative Tool. Edit the product, and go to the "Attributes" tab. Here, all available attributes will be listed, and can then be associated with the product by using the >> button in the middle. Once added, a price modifier can be added to the attribute so that the product price will be affected if that attribute is chosen. If the price stays the same on each attribute then leave this box blank. If the price goes up or down on each attribute then put an amount from the product "base price" and put a "plus" or "minus" sign in the next box. To remove the attribute, use the - button listed to the right of the attribute.

For Example:

size = medium = 10.00 (this is the regular price of the product so no need to put a price in the "price box".

size = small = 8.00 (put 2.00 - (this is $2 with a "minus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

size = large = 12.00 (put 2.00 + (this is $2 with a "plus" sign from the base price of the product price of $10.00)

I still havent got this though so go on please feel free to interrupt my own flow of messages...;)

2) also the order history box link does not show the order but simply the product which then links back into the product category page... this has to be wrong too as I have seen working examples which link to the existing orders

Tim buck: i had a look at my orders and i dont have the same as you report ...sorry I cant help you.. :(

W

Hi agin

I have things sorted now

I think thsi was my firewall filtering web traffic and blocking the pop up... doh :)

On final question when i looked in user accounts as a customer I see that things are still pending until changed by admin.

Is there a way that this can auto update on succesful download to delivered?

thanks

W

Hi agin

I have things sorted now

I think thsi was my firewall filtering web traffic and blocking the pop up... doh :)

On final question when i looked in user accounts as a customer I see that things are still pending until changed by admin.

Is there a way that this can auto update on succesful download to delivered?

thanks

W

I have the same deal.I manually change the statis from processing to delivered when i confirm that the package has been delivered. I dont know if there is something that would check the tracking number to see if it has been delivered..That would be nice, like a option in the ipn to add the tracking number and once its delivered it sending a update to show it delivered..

Hello,

i have installed this contribution v3.15

i dont want to redirect my customers to paypal in checkout_confirmation.php

i want a button in checkout_success to start the paypal payment manual.

anyone go a idea how i can do this ?

thanks

bg

Michael

Hello,

i have installed this contribution v3.15

i dont want to redirect my customers to paypal in checkout_confirmation.php

i want a button in checkout_success to start the paypal payment manual.

anyone go a idea how i can do this ?

thanks

bg

Michael

Michael I think you have the wrong thread. there is no version 3.15 of this the "Official osCommerce PayPal IPN Module" the developer (Harald Ponce de Leon) seems to have forgotten about it at about version 1.1 which is as buggy as it can get.

Michael I think you have the wrong thread. there is no version 3.15 of this the "Official osCommerce PayPal IPN Module" the developer (Harald Ponce de Leon) seems to have forgotten about it at about version 1.1 which is as buggy as it can get.

sorry and thanks

;-)

Shipping be passed to paypal is not working for me.It passes a shipping fee just not the right one.For example i have shipping set at 7.00 and it looks right on the osc side, but when you go to paypal to pay it it only shows 5.00 for shipping.Can someone please help me?

The Fix i found was on the pay-pal side.I had shipping set there.Thanks for ALL the help team..

Not sure if I put this here or if anyone can help me with this but I'm getting an error

We are sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later.

Message 5302

This happens after I click on the confirm order button. I'm right now using the sandbox. Does anyone know how to fix this or any ideas?

Sorry if this was not the right area to ask this question.

The thing is that I've tried different times and days and i always get the same error. Any ideas

This error is happening in my installation too. I was thinking that it might be a problem in the way my php has been configured or else in the SSL communication (probably does not work fine in combining my private key and certificate with the paypal RSA and Certificate). Do I need to have a CERTIFICATE and PRIVKEY that reflect the information that i got in the sandbox profile??? For instance in my certificate i have just the Common Name specified.

Moreover, I have noticed that this problem does not happen when I disable encryption.

Hope you got an answer to my prob,

• 3 weeks later...

When I have PayPal IPN set up for the transaction type to be "Per Item" as opposed to "Aggregate", none of my Handling Charges are being passed to Paypal. Only the Sub-Total + Shipping Charges, and not the handling fees that come from the 'Order Total' module. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Steve

I can not get the total to be passed to paypal to be correct.

example in osc:

sub-total 46.80

Tax 3.86

Shipping 10.76

-------------------

Total 61.42

example in paypal:

Item Amount: $44.46 USD

Shipping: $10.76 USD

Handling: $ 0.00 USD

Sales Tax: $ 3.86 USD

------------------------------------

Total $59.08

There is a difference of $2.34 that is getting lost somewhere from the sub-total to item amount. Not sure where to start looking.

Any help will be appreciated

Mike

I simply set PayPal to calculate the tax. Since the osC ipn module didn't pass it on to PayPal, and I let PayPal add it on, mine always comes out correct after I forced the buyer to reenter his shipping address into the PayPal site. This also always gives me the shipping address so I can use Paypal's shipping system. Some buyers complain they have to enter their address twice but I tell them it's for their own security and they say "oh..ok"

Have you installed the tax-fix - contrib, by navyhost?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

It fixes the amounts on the first page of the paypal payment.

rgs

Tom

Thanks

that part is fixed but what about the total on web site?

here is the example after tax ipn installed:

wrong -->

46.80 sub

3.86 tax

10.76 shipping

-----------------

right -->

46.80 sub

3.86 tax

10.76 shipping

------------------

there is a penny difference

I am thinking it is when the tax is calculated it is not rounding right.

The tax is 3.861 and it is rounding up to 3.87 but not showing the rounding up.

Mike

Edited by paq1200

there is a penny difference

I am thinking it is when the tax is calculated it is not rounding right.

The tax is 3.861 and it is rounding up to 3.87 but not showing the rounding up.

I don't know whether the tax calculation in osC and PayPal are different. However this might be a special case for the amounts of the specific transaction. Maybe it works with the bigger part of the prices without rounding difference and this is only the particular exception? If not - no idea.

rgds

Tom

Hello all

Thank you for this great contribution.

I tried to fix the problem with the deletion of the customer comments when the order is created, but had no luck.

It doesn't feel right to let the costumer add his comments to the order, and then have them deleted.

Anyone cares to fix this?

Thanks

Jo?o

I can not get the total to be passed to paypal to be correct.

example in osc:

sub-total 46.80

Tax 3.86

Shipping 10.76

-------------------

Total 61.42

example in paypal:

Item Amount: $44.46 USD

Shipping: $10.76 USD

Handling: $ 0.00 USD

Sales Tax: $ 3.86 USD

------------------------------------

Total $59.08

There is a difference of $2.34 that is getting lost somewhere from the sub-total to item amount. Not sure where to start looking.

Any help will be appreciated

Mike

Mike are you taking into account the fee that Paypal charges for merchants? It will vary, based on the rate you are being charged for your account, view the details of the purchase and it should list the original amount sent minus the fee

Hey folks,

first of all: thanks for this great contribution.

I installed it and it works ..

.... beside one thing.

In my paypal account I 've set the redirect url as www.myshopwhatever.com/checkout_process.php

When a customer buys a product now at my shop, he gets redirected to this page

https://www.whatever.com//checkout_confirma...AGREEMENT_ERROR

On the top he sees a red warning CONDITION_AGREEMENT_ERROR!.

I tried the same with entering the checkout_succes.php and the checkout_confirmation.php.

The reason of this is probably, that I am using the contribution "Must agree to terms".

Has anybody an idea how I can fix this??

Thanks in advance.

These are my settings of Paypal IPN:

PayPal IPN 

Enable PayPal IPN Module
True

E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Transaction Currency
Only EUR

Payment Zone

Set Preparing Order Status
Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Gateway Server
Live

Transaction Type
Per Item

Page Style
Prontomania

Debug E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

Can anybody answer me these questions:

1. What shall I type in my IPN settings in my paypal account as the url at which I 'd like to receive my IPN notifications? I wrote www.myshop.com. Is that correct?

2. How can I fix the problem regarding this CONDITION_AGREEMENT warning at the top. Is anybody using this contrib and also "Must agree to terms"?

3. Which redirect url is the correct one?

I 've already read checkout_confirmation or checkout_success.

which s the right one?

It would be great if you could give me some advice.

Thanx in advance

Hey folks,

first of all: thanks for this great contribution.

I installed it and it works ..

.... beside one thing.

In my paypal account I 've set the redirect url as www.myshopwhatever.com/checkout_process.php

When a customer buys a product now at my shop, he gets redirected to this page

https://www.whatever.com//checkout_confirma...AGREEMENT_ERROR

On the top he sees a red warning CONDITION_AGREEMENT_ERROR!.

I tried the same with entering the checkout_succes.php and the checkout_confirmation.php.

The reason of this is probably, that I am using the contribution "Must agree to terms".

Has anybody an idea how I can fix this??

Thanks in advance.

These are my settings of Paypal IPN:

PayPal IPN 

Enable PayPal IPN Module
True
E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Transaction Currency
Only EUR

Payment Zone
Set Preparing Order Status
Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Gateway Server
Live

Transaction Type
Per Item

Page Style
Prontomania

Debug E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False

Your Private Key
Your Public Certificate
PayPals Public Certificate
Your PayPal Public Certificate ID
Working Directory
OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

Can anybody answer me these questions:

1. What shall I type in my IPN settings in my paypal account as the url at which I 'd like to receive my IPN notifications? I wrote www.myshop.com. Is that correct?

2. How can I fix the problem regarding this CONDITION_AGREEMENT warning at the top. Is anybody using this contrib and also "Must agree to terms"?

3. Which redirect url is the correct one?

I 've already read checkout_confirmation or checkout_success.

which s the right one?

It would be great if you could give me some advice.

Thanx in advance

On the PayPal website you set "Nothing" NO URL's none. Leave them all blank as they were to begin with. The osCommerce PayPal IPN passes all needed parameters via the post message it sends to PayPal. The only thing I have set in PayPal is for them to calculate and add the necessary sales tax for my state. The IPN contribution doesn't pass the tax amount to PayPal. This goes for 1 and 3 above. I do not use the other contrib so I cant help with it. There is probably a thread on that contribution in the forums some place. This "Officially supported thread" gets NO support from the creators of the IPN contribution.

Hey, thanks for your answer. I 've let the the URL field at Paypal free now and the customer first gets a confirmation by paypal that the amount has been paid and then he gets redirected to the checkout_confirmation of my store. There - again - he gets this warning as posted above.

Another question:

I 'd like to copy the paypal_ipn.php file and name it "creditcard payment" because with this, customers see better that they can pay with credit cards (via paypal) at my store. Therfore, I copied the paypal_ipn files and replaced every paypal_ipn with creditcard and every PAYPAL_IPN with CREDITCARD. I didn't change anything else. In my admin, now, I do see a new payment option "creditacard" and it also has got the "Enable creditcard payment" true/false options. All the other options at the bottom ("Gateway server", "Transaction Type" and so on) are not shown. There are just the blank fields. Therefore I don't get this "new" creditcard_ipn module to work.

I have been doing the same way with th paypal file that comes with osC by default, and it works great.

Has anybody some idea, why it doesn't work with paypal_ipn? any advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks for your answer. I 've let the the URL field at Paypal free now and the customer first gets a confirmation by paypal that the amount has been paid and then he gets redirected to the checkout_confirmation of my store. There - again - he gets this warning as posted above.

Another question:

I 'd like to copy the paypal_ipn.php file and name it "creditcard payment" because with this, customers see better that they can pay with credit cards (via paypal) at my store. Therfore, I copied the paypal_ipn files and replaced every paypal_ipn with creditcard and every PAYPAL_IPN with CREDITCARD. I didn't change anything else. In my admin, now, I do see a new payment option "creditacard" and it also has got the "Enable creditcard payment" true/false options. All the other options at the bottom ("Gateway server", "Transaction Type" and so on) are not shown. There are just the blank fields. Therefore I don't get this "new" creditcard_ipn module to work.

I have been doing the same way with th paypal file that comes with osC by default, and it works great.

Has anybody some idea, why it doesn't work with paypal_ipn? any advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

The only answer can be you missed a place or two that reference the module. Also there are multiple files which reference the module. If you modify one you must do them all.

I 've just modified the paypal_ipn.php and the english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php.

What else shall I modify? When I installed paypal_ipn, I just uploaded these files, I didn't modify anything else. That's why I wonder why it's not enough just to modify these two files. With the normal paypal files, I did the same (replaced "paypal" with "creditcard", as described above) and it works.

you'd have to rename and modify every instance of paypal in the files catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php, catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php, catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Not worth it as fars as I am concerened. Too many places to screw up.

Hi

Given the last 15 hours i've spent reading the all of the posts in this forum and on the rest of the community in the ipn threads, somehow Im not expecting a razor sharp instant solution but I hope i'm wrong ;)

If I do it means Im dumb and I can probably deal with that for a while...;)

anyway I have osc 2.2 installed with the official osc paypal ipn and I have set it up with a file in the download dir etc and followed the instructions for product attributes etc.

I am getting live payments in paypal and notifications... i have tried changing the setup in payments settings for all of the options for Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status Processing form

pending

precessing

delivered and also the

preparing paypal IPN

but i whatever i choose when i get returne to the OSC success page and then go to the order page there is no url for download showing anywhere

can someone please explain the correct config or protocol for getting to a url for downlaod after payment has been received. Also once this actually works can I inisert the reun url into paypals config settings to return to the correct page directly?

Many thanks from one now very tired person

my payment config is:

Thanks in advance

W

If you have used download controller contribution.Then theer is download controller function that sets the order status and depending on the order status the links are displayed or not displayed.

As IPN is a backend activity when you reach success page there in no guarantee that IPN has reached and thru IPN code the order status was updated.

You need to check where things are going wrong.

The other way is just set the oder status in download controller function high even so that without worrying for IPN the links get displayed.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.