• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

has any of you manged to get the status change to work.

i have no ssl and i just want it to work

i am also not getting the debug email.

am i to assume that i am not getting the ipn ?

any idea how to get this working

i also have the shopping cart 3.0 installed and that also not getting the ipn.

could this be a conflict between the two or am i just missing something.

i am testing live with no encryption at all

When setup correctly, the status does change when the IPN is received. Recently however, there have been periods when the IPN has been very delayed.

If you are not getting debug there is probbably not an event that triggers the debug email. Delayed IPN apparently does not cause a debug email.

I would only "install" one Paypal IPN at a time in the Admin panel.

Rik Rasmussen

:'( Getting everything set up on my new host. I have the absolute path correct for the location of my crt and key file(s):

/usr/share/ssl/private (key)

and

/usr/share/ssl/certs (crt)

I'm getting the following error on the "Order Confirmation" page of mydomain

Warning: file_get_contents(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/ssl/certs/www.mydomain.com.crt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mydomain/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/maydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Is the above line telling me that it's looking for my crt file in /home/mydomain or use/lib/php or usr/local/lib/php or /tmp?

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/share/ssl/certs/www.mydomain.com.crt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Is the above line stating that the permissions are not set correctly on the absolute path:

/usr/share/ssl/certs/www.mydomain.com.crt

Warning: file_get_contents(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/ssl/private/www.mydomain.com.key) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mydomain/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Is the above line telling me that it's looking for my crt file in /home/mydomain or use/lib/php or usr/local/lib/php or /tmp?

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/share/ssl/private/www.mydomain.com.key): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Is the above line stating that the permissions are not set correctly on the absolute path:

/usr/share/ssl/private/www.mydomain.com.key?

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error getting private key in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

I really don't have a clue with the above. Any Ideas? :P

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/mydomain/public_html/pp//146134-2-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 374

The pp directory does exist, but I think that is because of the trailing / that I put in the box in the module. I'll take it out to see if that works.

:'( Getting everything set up on my new host. I have the absolute path correct for the location of my crt and key file(s):

/usr/share/ssl/private (key)

and

/usr/share/ssl/certs (crt)

I guess I should say that the absolute paths are where my host installed my crt & key files.....

When setup correctly, the status does change when the IPN is received.

The status does change, but it doesn't change correctly I think.

It seems that the "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" status "moves down" after the IPN is received.

ipn-status.png

Edited by PandA.nl

What exactly is a Pay Pal IPN for? Is it something that would deduct inventory or something, sorry I'm a newbie. If a customer puts an item in the cart and checks out with the Pay Pal I have now will it deduct the quantity sold out of my inventory?

What exactly is a Pay Pal IPN for?  Is it something that would deduct inventory or something, sorry I'm a newbie.  If a customer puts an item in the cart and checks out with the Pay Pal I have now will it deduct the quantity sold out of my inventory?

My understanding of this contribution is that it will automatically update your invoice status once a confirmed payment is received among other things. I don't know if the PayPal that come with OSCommerce will do that. The IPN will also allow you to encrypt the information going to and coming from PayPal so that it should be able to be intercepted and your payments or other information from your customer to be stolen. B)

:'(

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error creating PKCS7 structure! in /home/nownthen/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Ok, corrected all the other errors. Does anyone know what this one means??

Thanks for everyones help!

My checkout proccess page shows up blank when paypal tries to load it... Any idea on what that can be... I skimed through this topic a bit, might i of missed the answer?

Edited by Kaeon

Any one getting problems with this today? it has been working fine for the last 7 days but now it is not updating the order history to the correct value, it still shows as Preparing [PayPal IPN] and is not showing verified/unverified or the amount.

This WAS working fine and still works fine if I switch to the sandbox server.

Best wishes

Steve

For anyone having issues with the total(s) being passed to PayPal (in my case, everything was kewl 'cept the order total box was a text box with a "0" in it on PayPal's site) check you currencies. I only accept Canadian dollars, however I had the ISO symbol in Admin -> Localization -> Currencies for the loonie set as CDN when in fact it should be CAD. Fixed that and all is well!

Hope this helps someone!

Be well,

SoccerDad

hello all

i was trying to make some modification so that i recive an email with order as attachment when the payment is made.

i have manged to do this in checkout_process.php

$fax_to='[email protected]';
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$orderfile = $insert_id;
$your_data = $email_order;
// Open the file and erase the contents if any
$fp = fopen(DIR_FS_CATALOG . "/emailtextattachments/$orderfile.TXT", "w");
// Write the data to the file
fwrite($fp, $your_data);
// Close the file
fclose($fp);

$fileatt = DIR_FS_CATALOG . "/emailtextattachments/".$orderfile.".TXT";
$fileatt_loc="/emailtextattachments/".$orderfile.".TXT";
// Path to the file
$fileatt_type = "text/plain"; // File Type
$email_text='{nocoverpage}';
$fileatt_name = "order.TXT"; // Filename that will be used for the file as the attachment
//if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
  tep_mail('', $fax_to, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT.' # '.$insert_id, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS,$fileatt,$fileatt_name,$fileatt_type);
// }
//////////////////////////

this gives me the order as an attachment.but ofcourse not with paypalipn

i added the following pare to paypal_ipn.php which creates the order text file

$orderfile = $insert_id;
$your_data = $email_order;
// Open the file and erase the contents if any
$fp = fopen(DIR_FS_CATALOG . "/emailtextattachments/$orderfile.TXT", "w");
// Write the data to the file
fwrite($fp, $your_data);
// Close the file
fclose($fp);

and i also added to ipn.php the following code

$orderfile=	$_POST['invoice'];	
$fileatt = DIR_FS_CATALOG . "/emailtextattachments/".$orderfile.".TXT";
$fileatt_loc= DIR_FS_CATALOG ."/emailtextattachments/".$orderfile.".TXT";
// Path to the file
$fileatt_type = "text/plain"; // File Type
$email_text='{nocoverpage}';
$fileatt_name = "order.TXT"; // Filename that will be used for the file as the attachment
  tep_mail('', $fax_to, STORES_NAME.$fileatt.'Order # '.$_POST['invoice'], $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS,$fileatt,$fileatt_name,$fileatt_type);

i get the email but attachment is empty any idea on how to attach the correct file to the email

This support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

Which can be downloaded from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Please post any support questions on this module here.

Any questions relating to any other contribution will likely be removed to keep this thread specific to the module above.

I have installed the PayPal IPN module by Mark Evans and evrything is fine until customers confirm their order...

They receive the following message saying that their shopping cart is empty...

I have turned on IPN notification in PayPal account....

What IPN URL do I use in PayPal???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

So far I have installed the new IPN from the OsCommerce team  (easy) and tested (easy) and modified the look of it and the email sent out. Great simple solution. thank you.

but I do have another query. When I attempt to activate the IPN on my Pay Pal account it is asking for the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications. (see screenshot).

What is or where would I look for this URL address?

Am I correct in using the notify URL address line 330 catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php as the URL requested in the PayPal activation in my PayPal account? (see screenshot).

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

so the address to enter would be

www.mydomain.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

I placed this query in the wrong area and have added it here.

James

I have recently installed the PayPal IPN module and have the same problem...

when customers confirm their order it goes to PayPal but it says that there is nothing in their shopping cart...

I tried changing the URL...

Is there something in PayPal...what IPN url do I use in PayPal???

I have installed the PayPal IPN module by Mark Evans and evrything is fine until customers confirm their order...

They receive the following message saying that their shopping cart is empty...

I have turned on IPN notification in PayPal account....

What IPN URL do I use in PayPal???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

You do not make any of these entrys at the PayPal web site. When the osC PayPal IPN module sends the transaction to PayPal, it provides these.

Rik Rasmussen

when customers confirm their order it goes to PayPal but it says that there is nothing in their shopping cart...

check out link below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

when customers confirm their order it goes to PayPal but it says that there is nothing in their shopping cart...Please enter an amount greater than zero.

For anyone having issues with the total(s) being passed to PayPal (in my case, everything was kewl 'cept the order total box was a text box with a "0" in it on PayPal's site) check you currencies. I only accept Canadian dollars, however I had the ISO symbol in Admin -> Localization -> Currencies for the loonie set as CDN when in fact it should be CAD. Fixed that and all is well!

Hope this helps someone!

Be well,

SoccerDad

I modified the currencies to CAD in admin but the amount of each product in my shopping catalog all says 0...

customers do not know how much each product is...

however it does carry the correct total over to PayPal though...

i am puzzled...

Hello everyone,

When someone completes an order via the shopping cart and PayPal the emails get sent but when you view the PayPal transaction it states you have been sent money but the "Item Title/Descritpion" just states the domain name not the product(s) that they purchased. Is this the way it is supposed to appear? I'm a bit confused on this!

On another note, I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but shouldn't this section (PayPal IPN) have its own forum category rather then having one giant post like it does now?

Thanks for any help as it is much needed Asap!

Mark

Problem:

Customer puts item in cart, checks out, gets to confirm order page and edits shipping address to add an additional address.

New secondary address is saved to customer's account and appears there later along with original primary address.

However, if customer views orders, the order is associated with the original primary shipping address, not the new address specified during check-out.

Also, the order, as seen in Admin/Orders, has the original default shipping address, not the new address entered and selected during checkout.

Obviously, the defeats the feature of being able to add additional shipping addresses.

Confirmed by two different osC store owners using the osC PayPal IPN module.

Question:

Is this a fault of basic osC, or is it a problem related to the osC PayPal IPN module.

Can anyone confirm if this same issue can be duplicated with a different payment module?

Is there any chance this might be corrected?

I have filed a bug against PayPal IPN 2679

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,2498

Please some help me... I do not know what to do..... Here is what have done so far and the error generated.

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True

Your Private Key

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/woodvideos.com.Key

Your Public Certificate

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/woodvideos.com.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/paypal_cert_pem

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (home\wwwsites) in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: fopen(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 368

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [//usr/bin/openssl smime -sign -in /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727

-1-data.txt -signer /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/nollywoodvideos.com.crt -inkey /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/nollywoodvideos.com.Key -outform der -nodetach -binary /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt] in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 400

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 401

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [//usr/bin/openssl smime -encrypt -des3 -binary -outform pem /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/paypal_cert_pem /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt] in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 403

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 404

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (home\wwwsites) in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: fopen(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: filesize(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 407

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 407

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 408

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 410

Please some help me...  I do not know what to do.....  Here is what have done so far and the error generated.

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True

Your Private Key

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/woodvideos.com.Key

Your Public Certificate

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/woodvideos.com.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl/paypal_cert_pem

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (home\wwwsites) in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: fopen(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 368

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 369

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [//usr/bin/openssl smime -sign -in /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727

-1-data.txt -signer /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/nollywoodvideos.com.crt -inkey /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/nollywoodvideos.com.Key -outform der -nodetach -binary /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt] in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 400

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-data.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 401

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [//usr/bin/openssl smime -encrypt -des3 -binary -outform pem /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/paypal_cert_pem /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt] in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 403

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-signed.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 404

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (home\wwwsites) in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: fopen(/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: filesize(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 407

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 407

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 408

Warning: unlink(): Unable to access /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp_pa/901727-1-encrypted.txt in home\wwwsites\username\www\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 410

It looks like your working directory is not set correct. This should not be your ssl directory but a temp directory with chmod 777 applied to it.

Anyone please help me?

Mark

Hello everyone,

When someone completes an order via the shopping cart and PayPal the emails get sent but when you view the PayPal transaction it states you have been sent money but the "Item Title/Descritpion" just states the domain name not the product(s) that they purchased. Is this the way it is supposed to appear? I'm a bit confused on this!

On another note, I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but shouldn't this section (PayPal IPN) have its own forum category rather then having one giant post like it does now?

Thanks for any help as it is much needed Asap!

Mark