• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I seem to have a very strange problem.

Every time a Paypal order comes in - the status is changed to "Processing" as I set it in the admin (modules->payments).

However, if the order is larger than $1,000 it gets a different status - "On Hold" (that's my global default status, it is not set anywhere in the Paypal modules settings).

How can I fix that?

TIA. :)

Hi All,

After installing osCommerce 2.2 MS2 PayPal IPN Payment Module v2.3.4.7

by following step by step the install docs, I tried to test it.

2 problems:

1 - When a costumer choose to pay with Credit Card debit option (not standard paypal)

it gets him to this paypal page who asks him to put also password and register...

How do I bring the custumer to pay with Credit Card, without need to register PayPal ?

2 - When costumer Cancel order and back to page I get my store page back, BUT

you can see this text ABOVE the store website:

// START DELETE PAYPAL TEMP ORDER // Check to see if customer has cancelled a paypal_ipn process if ( $HTTP_GET_VARS['ipn']== 'cancel_ipn' && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['order']) ) { // Make sure that this order is THIS customers' order // We don't want anybody to pass order numbers to here and delete other people's orders!!!! $delete_order_query = tep_db_query("SELECT customers_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " WHERE `orders_id`='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "'"); $delete_order = tep_db_fetch_array($delete_order_query); //echo "DEBUG - delete_order=".$delete_order['customers_id']."
"; //echo "DEBUG - customer id in session=".$customer_id."
"; if ( $delete_order['customers_id']==$customer_id ) { // Delete the order //echo "DEBUG - about to delete order!!!
"; tep_remove_order($HTTP_GET_VARS['order'], ''); } } // END DELETE PAYPAL TEMP ORDER

I followed the install and recognized this part from step #3 So why it appears up there ? How can I fix it ?

Please help me out with those 2 questions,

Thanks ahead !

*Sorry about my bad English

Hi All,

After installing osCommerce 2.2 MS2 PayPal IPN Payment Module v2.3.4.7

by following step by step the install docs, I tried to test it.

2 problems:

1 - When a costumer choose to pay with Credit Card debit option (not standard paypal)

it gets him to this paypal page who asks him to put also password and register...

How do I bring the custumer to pay with Credit Card, without need to register PayPal ?

2 - When costumer Cancel order and back to page I get my store page back, BUT

you can see this text ABOVE the store website:

// START DELETE PAYPAL TEMP ORDER // Check to see if customer has cancelled a paypal_ipn process if ( $HTTP_GET_VARS['ipn']== 'cancel_ipn' && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['order']) ) { // Make sure that this order is THIS customers' order // We don't want anybody to pass order numbers to here and delete other people's orders!!!! $delete_order_query = tep_db_query("SELECT customers_id FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " WHERE `orders_id`='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "'"); $delete_order = tep_db_fetch_array($delete_order_query); //echo "DEBUG - delete_order=".$delete_order['customers_id']."
"; //echo "DEBUG - customer id in session=".$customer_id."
"; if ( $delete_order['customers_id']==$customer_id ) { // Delete the order //echo "DEBUG - about to delete order!!!
"; tep_remove_order($HTTP_GET_VARS['order'], ''); } } // END DELETE PAYPAL TEMP ORDER

I followed the install and recognized this part from step #3 So why it appears up there ? How can I fix it ?

Please help me out with those 2 questions,

Thanks ahead !

*Sorry about my bad English

For Question #1 - Check your PayPal Website Payment Preferences.

PayPal Account Optional: See if it is On.

When PayPal Account Optional is turned on, your customers who are new to PayPal will no longer be required to create a PayPal account to complete a purchase—they will go through an alternate checkout, and will have the option to sign up afterward. Customers who already have PayPal accounts will continue to enjoy the privileges of those accounts, such as payment history and integration with eBay Auctions, and their checkout experience will remain the same.

s0nny

For Question #1 - Check your PayPal Website Payment Preferences.

PayPal Account Optional: See if it is On.

When PayPal Account Optional is turned on, your customers who are new to PayPal will no longer be required to create a PayPal account to complete a purchase—they will go through an alternate checkout, and will have the option to sign up afterward. Customers who already have PayPal accounts will continue to enjoy the privileges of those accounts, such as payment history and integration with eBay Auctions, and their checkout experience will remain the same.

s0nny

The thing is, I have a paypal standart buisness acount and I can't even see the "PayPal Account Optional"

I'm not sure where to find this option on my paypal acount... where it's hiding at ?

Thanks,

OK, I finaly found where "PayPal Account Optional" is, and turned it on.

There errors are still there, and it happens if I update my cart too, so...

Any way to solve this ?

Thanks,

EDIT:

IT WORKS PERFECT NOW !!!

If i'll get other troubles I will ask in here

Thanks for the explanation, Great Module :)

Edited by kayoto

It worked perfect... But now Ahhh... it's back !!!

I don't know what happens, I didn't install or uninstall anything...

and it's back ! the same error from above.

I double checked in my PayPal, and the "PayPal Account Optional" is on.

What cause this, any other ideas ?

How can I fix it... help please :(

Thanks ahead,

Edited by kayoto

It worked perfect... But now Ahhh... it's back !!!

I don't know what happens, I didn't install or uninstall anything...

and it's back ! the same error from above.

I double checked in my PayPal, and the "PayPal Account Optional" is on.

What cause this, any other ideas ?

How can I fix it... help please :(

Thanks ahead,

I'm Using osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.3.3 For 2.2MS2 and I have a godaddy shared hosting account. I tried the others and had too many problems.

Do you have a godaddy shared account...? This will require some easy modifications.

--------------------------------

Module Settings In Admin:

Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)

PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Gateway Server

Live

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Your choice

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Set PayPal Completed Order Status

Transaction Type

Per Item

Move tax to total amount

False

Page Style

fjparts

Debug E-Mail Address

None

cURL Proxy server (The Godaddy Thing)

http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Blank

Your Public Certificate

Blank

PayPals Public Certificate

Blank

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Blank

Working Directory

Blank

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

--------------------------------------------------

My PayPal Profile settings:

Instant Payment Notification Preferences

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: None

---------------------------

Website Payment Preferences Back to Profile Summary

Auto Return for Website Payments

Auto Return:

Off

-------------------------

Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below. Learn More

Return URL: NONE

----------------------

Payment Data Transfer (optional)

Payment Data Transfer:

Off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Encrypted Website Payments

Block Non-encrypted Website Payment:

Off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Account Optional:

On

Contact Telephone

Off (PayPal recommends this option)

Express Checkout Settings

Support giropay and bank transfer payments:

No

-------------------------

Try the settings first, see what happens.

Don't know if you want to reinstall and cannot guarantee it will work for you, don't know your experience, but this is what I have been successfully running for more than a year on three web sites. I do have to manually remove incomplete transactions in admin with this version module.

s0nny

actually it's not godaddy , I'm hosting at Hostgator.

But thank you I will check your options and see what happens.

What page I should put on the IPN on my paypal acount, and what if the IPN option will be off...

is that something I should keep on to work good with the "IPN" module ? ...confused

Edited by kayoto

Hey guys, I'm a having a little trouble getting this mod to work.

After following the instructions exactly, I get this message at the top of the modules page in the admin control panel.

Warning: include(/home2/themusic/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/themusic/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home2/themusic/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/themusic/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 128

Any ideas?

actually it's not godaddy , I'm hosting at Hostgator.

But thank you I will check your options and see what happens.

What page I should put on the IPN on my paypal acount, and what if the IPN option will be off...

is that something I should keep on to work good with the "IPN" module ? ...confused

In PayPal, go to Profile then Selling Preferences then Instant Payment Notification and Preferences, check that the settings are;

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) = Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: = Leave Blank

The Module takes care of it.

Edited by s0nny61

The settings are;

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) = Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: = Leave Blank

The Module takes care of it.

Thank you, I just updated my paypal settings like you said.

I hate use sandbox.. but I gotta test it somehow hehe :)

Thank you, I just updated my paypal settings like you said.

I hate use sandbox.. but I gotta test it somehow hehe :)

Install another osCommerce in a different folder on your hosting account for testing some of your modules.

Also, when you test your payment modules, do it live, add a temp low cost item and ask a family member to purchase. Just give a refund after. I tried the sandbox and didn't like it either, it just created more work.

Let me know your progress..!!!

s0nny

Edited by s0nny61

Install another osCommerce in a different folder on your hosting account for testing some of your modules.

Also, when you test your payment modules, do it live, add a temp low cost item and ask a family member to purchase. Just give a refund after. I tried the sandbox and didn't like it either, it just created more work.

Let me know your progress..!!!

s0nny

Great advices s0nny !

You really helped me out :)

I'm about to do this and test with live, it will be the best way to check out "REAL" resaults.

BTW - Since I'm new at paypal, and still getting hard times to work with it, can you guide me with 2 questions please ?

1 - In paypal account, how do I Refund (who knows what troubles I'll have with costumers, and I want to be as far as possible, and if need to refund their money) ...Is it easy to do with Paypal ?

2 - Is there a way in Paypal, to make some kind of "sharing percents" for example, my account and some other paypal member to split specific percent of specific product ?

Example: lets say me and a friend want to share a product on my webshop, ME 60% FRIEND 40%

is this thing possible to do using Paypal + osCommerce at all ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I hope to know more when I'll have more experience with it.

Thanks ahead,

Hi

I am working with this contribution and I got strange problem.. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Now it work most of time well, but sometimes it is not updating orders between checkout_payment.php and checkout_confirmation.php!!

What could cause that?? Could somebody help me with this problem??

Thanks

Great advices s0nny !

You really helped me out :)

I'm about to do this and test with live, it will be the best way to check out "REAL" resaults.

BTW - Since I'm new at paypal, and still getting hard times to work with it, can you guide me with 2 questions please ?

1 - In paypal account, how do I Refund (who knows what troubles I'll have with costumers, and I want to be as far as possible, and if need to refund their money) ...Is it easy to do with Paypal ?

2 - Is there a way in Paypal, to make some kind of "sharing percents" for example, my account and some other paypal member to split specific percent of specific product ?

Example: lets say me and a friend want to share a product on my webshop, ME 60% FRIEND 40%

is this thing possible to do using Paypal + osCommerce at all ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I hope to know more when I'll have more experience with it.

Thanks ahead,

Question 1 = Find the customer then click the details link, scroll to bottom of the page and you will see Issue refund:

Refund:

You can issue a refund for up to 60 days after the original payment was sent. PayPal refunds the payment and fees, including partial fees for partial refunds.

Issue Refund

-

Question 2 = I don't think it's possible.

Question 1 = Find the customer then click the details link, scroll to bottom of the page and you will see Issue refund:

Refund:

You can issue a refund for up to 60 days after the original payment was sent. PayPal refunds the payment and fees, including partial fees for partial refunds.

Issue Refund

-

Question 2 = I don't think it's possible.

Thanks again !

I can't find details link on the costumer, I can "edit" their details but can't see the refund anywhere.

I see those buttons:

"invoice" = BTW what is that for ? (have no clue. that's why I ask)

"packing slip" = same.. I have no idea what is that (when do I use those ?)

and.. any chance for screenshot example where I see the details link > Issue Refund button ?

Thanks ahead, I'm so new to this... sorry about the stupid questions :\

Edited by kayoto

Hey everyone,

I have been struggling with getting IPN to work in conjunction with digital downloads. I just updated my install to osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_2_3_4_7 in hopes it would help, and it didn't.

All parts of the transaction are working with the exception of the buyer being automatically sent a link to download the content upon approval of payment. If I go in and change the status manually everything works fine, but I would like for this to be automated so I don't need to be involved. All e-mails as buyer and seller are sent during a live transaction, but the status is not being changed, and e-mail with encrypted link is not being sent out.

Please help, this has been holding me up for a while now.

Thanks!

Todd

Hey everyone,

I have been struggling with getting IPN to work in conjunction with digital downloads. I just updated my install to osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_2_3_4_7 in hopes it would help, and it didn't.

All parts of the transaction are working with the exception of the buyer being automatically sent a link to download the content upon approval of payment. If I go in and change the status manually everything works fine, but I would like for this to be automated so I don't need to be involved. All e-mails as buyer and seller are sent during a live transaction, but the status is not being changed, and e-mail with encrypted link is not being sent out.

Please help, this has been holding me up for a while now.

Thanks!

Todd

You need to chek the configuration:

1)What is the order status after payment recd.

2)What is the order status set to allow download.

3)Is the download file in the location it should be.

4)How many downlaods allowed. and for how many days after purchase.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

You need to chek the configuration:

1)What is the order status after payment recd.

2)What is the order status set to allow download.

3)Is the download file in the location it should be.

4)How many downlaods allowed. and for how many days after purchase.

Satish

Hey Satish, thanks for answering. Maybe I wasn't clear, the download works if I manually change the order status. So #3, yes the file is in the correct location. #4 I have set to 3 days, and 3 downloads, and if status is changed by me, it works as it should. All emails are sent to me as the seller, and all emails with the exception of a download link are sent to the buyer. Thanks for any help!

Items 1 and 2 can be seen here:

settings-01.jpg

Hi all,

I am using PayPal IPN Module 2.3.4.7 by olsonsp4c, and I seem to be having customer cart update issues. (Stock is always deducted, emails always sent... no issues there.)

When the customer pays on the PayPal website, the confirmation screen says something like "you will be forwarded in 5 seconds...." and when that happens, the customer is returned to the site, but to the wrong page. What they see is the shopping cart with an error message indicating the item is out of stock. That, of course, is because they just bought it! However, if the customer clicks the link on the PayPal screen that says 'go there now' or whatever, he or she is forwarded to the correct page, that is, the checkout_success, the cart is emptied, and all is well.

I tried turning OFF the auto forward I have set up in my PayPal account (to www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php) and the customer just sees the button on the PayPal site that says 'return to the site to complete the order' or somesuch. However, when he or she clicks that button, the same problem occurs.

So, the only time things work right is when I have the auto forward set up in my PayPal account and the customer is very impatient and clicks the 'I don't want to wait to be forwarded' link. The question is, HOW can I get the IPN module to behave like that all the time? Throw some code at me!

Thanks!

The question is, HOW can I get the IPN module to behave like that all the time?

Replying to myself, the cart emptying before the user gets back to the site is 50/50, and I'm sitting here theorizing why that might be the case. The only thing I can come up with is that PayPal is not pinging the ipn.php script within the 5 second window every time, i.e., sometimes it takes 5 seconds to contact my server with a transaction success, sometimes 7, etc. So, is there any way, other than just putting the cart removal in the front-end script, to get it to do it sooner? (We can't put the cart clearing code in the front-end script because if someone cancels the PayPal transaction and comes back to the site, we want the cart contents to still be available to them, clearly.)

Replying to myself

OK, I moved this bit from line 314 of ipn.php to line 158, at the start of the product loop before the stock deduction.

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$_POST['custom'] . "'");
tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$_POST['custom'] . "'");

....that should do it, because when the user comes back to the site, the cart can't be still filled without the stock being there, because now the script should delete those lines in the basket table from the database BEFORE removing the stock quantity. However, the change does nothing. Does $_POST['custom'] even do anything here? That's what I'm not sure about. This code might be broken.

Edited by t_jones_tech

I don't want to be repetitive but I have posted several times about my issue in different parts of this forum, and haven't gotten a solution yet. I am a noobie to this, and I appreciate all of the help and suggestions, but am quite frustrated with IPN at this point. Can someone please help, I absolutely need this to be functional.

Just tried changing Acknowledged and Completed order status to Pending and Delivered respectively, and changed Enable encrypted web payments to true, still having the same issue.

settings-01.jpg

Edited by toddd

I don't want to be repetitive but I have posted several times about my issue in different parts of this forum, and haven't gotten a solution yet. I am a noobie to this, and I appreciate all of the help and suggestions, but am quite frustrated with IPN at this point. Can someone please help, I absolutely need this to be functional

Hi Todd, have you tried the PayPal Standard module that comes with the default OSC installation? I found it to have fewer bugs than the IPN module overall - the issue with it for me is that it was not always sending the confirmation emails unless folks waited for PayPal to auto-forward them back to the site, which would trigger the emails. You could just tell folks on the checkout_confirmation page to wait for the auto forward to happen in order to complete their order. Might work for now.