The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

also amke sure that

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

before process function of payment module is called after order totals process function as is in the above stated code.

Satish Mantri

Is this an edit to a file you are suggesting? Can you explain where to add this and what this does? What file needs to be edited and exactly where does this code belong in the file that needs to be edited ?

I have been having a similar issue but I found that if you refresh the checkout_confirmation page the paypal ipn would then get sent and everything would be fine.

My problem was that on the first visit to the checkout confirmation page, after selecting paypal ipn, the invoice field was not being filled (view the page source to see this):

For example on the first time I would get this:

<input type="hidden" name="invoice">

On the second time I would get this:

<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="15">

Or some other invoice number. As this is effectively the order id which the IPN later updates it's no wonder that the orders were not updating (because no order id was being passed).

I THINK (I am not yet totally sure) that is because of a session/global variable issue at this line in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:

$parameters['invoice'] = substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1);

I have changed it to:

$parameters['invoice'] = substr($_SESSION['cart_PayPal_IPN_ID'], strpos($_SESSION['cart_PayPal_IPN_ID'], '-')+1);

and it does now seem to work for me. This took quite a while to find so I hope it saves someone else that all important day or two!

Note: I have register_globals ON

Simon

I edit the file as you suggested and YES !!! the IPN works, however the customer gets the following error on completion of the transaction and are left not knowing the transaction has been successful.

''Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/mystore.com/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/mystore.com/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Any suggestions?

I am so close !!!

Thanks in advance

Templer

This support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

Which can be downloaded from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Please post any support questions on this module here.

Any questions relating to any other contribution will likely be removed to keep this thread specific to the module above.

Made the install as directed (I think) and "installed" the paypal_IPN from the admin payment module screen. Note this is for a download only product. All seems to go well through making the payment. When returning to the site I go to the sign in screen as a new customer, and no where am I offered an opportunity to do the actual download. The transaction is not noted in my account which I cannot access until I have signed in again but is recorded in the orders. Not sure what I missed or is missing, but this obviously is not right.

Where can I go from here?

I have a question that's been asked numerous times in this thread but I haven't been able to find an answer.

I have the most recent version of this contribution, and additions being added using an Order Total module isn't being passed to PayPal (even through aggregate.)

The sub-total price and the shipping are being passed fine but the additional contrib doesn't get passed.

It does get passed through the PayPal Standard method however.

Any advice to get this working?

Hi, I also experienced the same problems you describe when using contributions that offered the customer a discount at checkout. I was also using ver 2.3.3 (the latest).

I searched and searched and eventually decided to downgrade to an earlier version of the Paypal IPN and it seems to be working. I am currently using

osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2. I am not sure if this will help to solve your problem, but it is worth a shot. I am still testing but so far the results are positive. make sure to set the Paypal IPN to aggregate .

good luck

I would love help added this. I'm using the Quantity Discount module (order total module) and it's not sending to PayPal. I have no problem getting down and dirty in code but I just can't figure out where it should go? (How to manually install the code to make sure the discount gets sent to PayPal.

Any help would be much appreciated... also I'm looking for a good programmer to do a few simple things like this for me (a paying gig!)

Thanks,

Steve

steve [at] askmedia [dot] net

Hi Steve,

I had the same problem... where are those lines of code? After digging around I found them in checkout_process.php, but they did not solve the problem for me. I was able to get the ipn working along with my discount codes using ver 2.2 instead of version 2.3.3 and setting the cart to aggregate.

Hi, all.

I'm using the points and rewards mod, which succesfully works using paypal ipn 2.2.

How ever ths issue is when applying points that equal the total the customer is still directed to paypal, where they are asked to pay.

Is there any way I can bypass paypal with out installing a seperate mod?

Thanks

Hayley

Hello,

I just downloaded IPN version 2.3.3 for replacement of the standard Paypal payment with OSC. I removed the standard Paypal payment method and installed the new IPN version. I set all the parameters as indicated in the instructions. For some reason I am not getting the radial button in checkout? Only one that show is the current credit card button?

Thanks JR

Hello,

I just post error above but forgot to include these details.

Register Globals = Off in php.ini ( did set a php.ini with register on in the ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

Php version: 5.1.6

Curl Version: 7.15.5

OSC Version: v2.2 RC1

Paypal IPN Version 2.3.3

I am currently using PayPal Website Payments Standard however it currently seems to be working erratically, at best. It is not capturing all orders and it sometimes sends me odd errors. I think this contrib may be what I am looking for.

I noticed there are a very large number of versions availiable. What is the most stable version?

I don't plan on setting up SSL so what, if anything, do I need to set up on the PayPal side of it?

Will this work with osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a?

Should I anticipate any conflicts with these contribs: WA State Destination-based Sales Tax, with 'Move tax to total' set to true, and Table shipping based on number of items v1.0?

PHP Version: 4.4.9

OSC Version: v2.2 RC2a

cURL Version: 7.15.5

This has been working great for me, but when payment is completed with Paypal, there's the Paypal "payment confirmed" page with a big button that says "complete order confirmation." This brings the customer back to order_confirmation.php, which leads to a lot of people asking whether their order was completed or not because to them, they're back where they started.

I've tried messing with the Paypal Profile settings for website payments, but no matter what I do I can't get the custoemr to go to checkout_success.php after making a paypal payment.

Can anyone help?!

I've installed the Paypal IPN module, v2.3.4.5. The purchase process (in sandbox) seems to work fine up until I'm asked by Paypal to click on the "Pay Now " button. The following message appears:

Return to Merchant

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. All my settings are exactly as laid out in the install instructions. No shipping calculations, Auto Return "off". May be a possible cURL issue? Not sure if host supports this and don't really know where to go to find out.

Any help would be appreciated. :blush:

As above I am getting the same problem as Michael Ripley in sandbox.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

*EDIT*

Found this from 'nic' elsewhere.

"This is something to do with your PayPal account Andrew.

Try to change on your PayPal account

PayPal >> Profile >> Payment Receiving Preferences >> Block accidental payments set to NO.

Obviously once finished testing turn back on again

Nic "

Edited by trevoriv

Has anyone got Multi vendor contribution working for PayPal IPN? Is there any code available to do this?

I assume all the changes made to checkout success need to be made to the paypal process functions. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know and help if you can. I have to adapt the PayPal IPN code for Multi vendor if its not been done before.

I've got it working! The code edits in the "help" file that came with the install did the trick. Now I need to decipher the whole Order Status quagmire. Anyone able to give me what my setting should be here? Ideally, I want to confirm shipping and billing address before the order is packaged and sent out.

MR

Yeah,

Tried setting accidental payments to NO but no change. Doesn't appear to be an ID issue.

IPN seems, to be working, but aside from my confusion about Order Status. I'm getting the following text on the "Order Information" page. It repeats under the delivery and billing address titles.

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/dcdc6815/public_html/shopdcd/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Any thoughts?

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to determine which contribution or area of OSC that I might be having a conflict. I have tried both V2.2 and V2.3.3 on a modified OSC MS2.2 RC1 site, and the issue is when I remove the basic Paypal payment module and install the Paypal IPN module I do not get the button choice in the checkout section? I have searched the support thread and can not seem to find an answer. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dominic

I have installed paypal ipn latest version in oscommerce RC2a (register globals on).

When I test paypal ipn with a sandbox account, everything works and the webstore receives ipn notifications (after reviewing payments in the sandbox paypal account) so the paying status is being updated.

Whe I use a live account (with the same settings of course) I can use paypal ipn for payments but I don't receive ipn notifications so the paying status is not being updated.

When testing I see the ipn notifications in the server log, but I don't see them when using the live account.

After 1,5 month communicating with Paypal I give it up because their answers will never solve the problem, they can't either confirm if the ipn notifications are sent for the live account (I don't see them in the server log).

Now is my question, why works it in test and why could not work it in live (what could be different) ?

I have installed paypal ipn latest version in oscommerce RC2a (register globals on).

When I test paypal ipn with a sandbox account, everything works and the webstore receives ipn notifications (after reviewing payments in the sandbox paypal account) so the paying status is being updated.

Whe I use a live account (with the same settings of course) I can use paypal ipn for payments but I don't receive ipn notifications so the paying status is not being updated.

When testing I see the ipn notifications in the server log, but I don't see them when using the live account.

After 1,5 month communicating with Paypal I give it up because their answers will never solve the problem, they can't either confirm if the ipn notifications are sent for the live account (I don't see them in the server log).

Now is my question, why works it in test and why could not work it in live (what could be different) ?

Problem fixed : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

Ordernumber was not always send to paypal so ipn notification could not update order.

Like a couple of others have said I have no radio button the checkout_payment.php page... I remove the basic pay pal and the IPN in the modules... then re-install - and it's still not showing up... I just install google checkout and I think it's working fine... hmmmmmmm any ideas... did anyone touch on this at all? I searched but I can't find anything.

PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Gateway Server

Testing

but nothing on the checkout page...

Edited by lowkey704

Yeah Yeah I am learning as I go... lol

ok so here's a new problem.... This invoice has already been paid is what I am getting.

The first time I ran it - it worked... then I go back to the site as if I decided to Continue Shopping.

well... after the first time all I am getting is This invoice has already been paid.

HELP

Yeah Yeah I am learning as I go... lol