• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I have downloaded the PayPal IPN contribution, but I can not read the French installation instructions. Is there an English version of these instructions? Even using languate translation software to translate the Installation guide, it is not clear to me how to install this component.

Dave Banknotes-International.com

I have downloaded the PayPal IPN contribution, but I can not read the French installation instructions. Is there an English version of these instructions? Even using languate translation software to translate the Installation guide, it is not clear to me how to install this component.

Dave Banknotes-International.com

There are English instructions in the contrib. It is hidden in a deeper folder as 'install_guide_read_me.html' with about 3 clicks to get there :).

Does the paypal ipn work without register globals switched on?

I was have the usual difficulties with paypal ipn not sending emails from oscommerce after a purchase. I found the register globals set to off on my host. I tried switching them on with a php.ini, it didnt change so i emailed my hosting company they replied...

"php.ini access is now disabled for security reasons as is register globals."

Will the Paypal IPN work without this?

Hi. I'm struggling to get the IPN back to my site, using sandbox.

I've checked all the file permissions, and the php.ini file, everything seems to be in order, I can call ipn.php from my browser. I can't see that Paypal are returning to my site at all through the "who's online" panel in admin.

My site settings are as follows:

PHP Version: 5.2.6

OSC Version: 2.2RC2

IPN Version: 2.3.3

cUrl Information: libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

php.ini is installed in the ext folder as per the install instructions.

Would it be anything to do with the IP trap addon?

Pls help :D

hi I have installed Paypal IPN and testing with the Paypal Sandbox.

I make the test transaction, click payment in paypal and confirm. Soon as I do this I dont get a payment confirmed message in paypal and it doesnt return to my store, all it does is log me out of paypal and returns me to the Paypal login screen

If I go back tothe store the items are still in the cart and the order has been created with "Preparing Paypal IPN" status..

I not sure if this a sandbox error or my store.. anyone have this problem or have any ideas?

I will try a live one, but need to upgrade me account so would prefer to have working on the sandbox setup first.

I have put the php.ini in root, in the ipn folder etc in case was that.

I have tried entering the auto return and the ipn link and they make no difference, so they blank again now.

I tested browsing direct to the IPN file and get the white screen ok like it says, so permissions are ok

thanks

hi I have installed Paypal IPN and testing with the Paypal Sandbox.

I make the test transaction, click payment in paypal and confirm. Soon as I do this I dont get a payment confirmed message in paypal and it doesnt return to my store, all it does is log me out of paypal and returns me to the Paypal login screen

If I go back tothe store the items are still in the cart and the order has been created with "Preparing Paypal IPN" status..

I not sure if this a sandbox error or my store.. anyone have this problem or have any ideas?

I will try a live one, but need to upgrade me account so would prefer to have working on the sandbox setup first.

I have put the php.ini in root, in the ipn folder etc in case was that.

I have tried entering the auto return and the ipn link and they make no difference, so they blank again now.

I tested browsing direct to the IPN file and get the white screen ok like it says, so permissions are ok

thanks

ok I just tried it on live and it works, but it doesnt auto return to my store, I have to click Return to merchant.

any ideas? I dont want to hardcode auto return in as will be using 2 different store domains into the 1 paypal

ok I just tried it on live and it works, but it doesnt auto return to my store, I have to click Return to merchant.

any ideas? I dont want to hardcode auto return in as will be using 2 different store domains into the 1 paypal

Done some more testing on this.

If I set the auto return path in paypal to my checkout success it works fine and returns as it should.

If I leave the auto return turned off I have to click on complete your order confirmation, or sometimes return to merchant paypal before it will return.

I cant use auto return as the reason to move to IPN was so I could use the same Paypal account for 2 different websites I run, so the auto return url would be different for each

See screen shot. so it does work, but doesnt auto return to the store which I need this part to work. I understand IPN should do this, but just wont work for me. any ideas please?

paypalscreen.jpg

Edited by danielcompton

seems to be fixed now. I had to enable the Auto return, but it doesnt matter what URL is entered as the IPN overrides it.. So means can use it for 2 different shops, it just doesnt say anywhere you have to enable the auto return..I actually read this when I was going to install a different version on the IPN module, but tried it on this and it works.

So just enable auto return, but doesnt matter what url you enter, it just ignores and overrides that one.

I have fixed the download prob now too.

anyone using Super download Shop

you need to edit the following

Find in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php line 249-257:

CODE

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,

'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'],

'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'],

'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

}

Replace with:

CODE

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {

// BOF Super Download Shop v1.0 mod

if (DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_FILEGROUP_STATUS != 'Yes' || !strstr($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'], 'Group_Files-')) {

'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'],

} else {

$filegroup_array = explode('Group_Files-', $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']);

$filegroup_id = $filegroup_array[1];

$groupfiles_query = tep_db_query("select download_group_filename

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD_GROUPS_FILES . "

where download_group_id = '" . (int)$filegroup_id . "'");

while ($groupfile_array = tep_db_fetch_array($groupfiles_query)) {

'orders_products_filename' => $groupfile_array['download_group_filename'],

}

}

// EOF Super Download Shop v1.0 mod

}

Find in the same file line 169:

CODE

'date_purchased' => 'now()',

Add before:

CODE

'last_modified' => 'now()',

also make sure you test your downloads are working right..as in my case I could go to Paypal checkout, cancel the transaction and look in my oscommerce account and the download links would be there..sorted that out just by getting the order status setup right for it.

now works perfect..hurray!

Cannot get this module to show up in Admin UNLESS I delete the /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file - this on an "out of the box" install of osCommerce. And when I delete the file, the module shows in Admin but also produces the following warnings:

Warning: include(/usr/local/www/oscommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/oscommerce/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/usr/local/www/oscommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/oscommerce/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

The community module is the one dated 17 July 2008, version 2.3.4.5_1

I haven't tested the functionality of the module; I guess the error is saying it cannot find the file I deleted - how do I get rid of it? And why isn't the module showing up in Admin? Again, an out of the box successful install on FreeBSD - straightforward as can be.

Well which version of oscommerce in use.

As this does not comes with oscommerce.

You forgot to place the language files while uploading a payment module.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi, i have setup IPN on my site, and i recieve the payments of orders, but i also recieve an email stating 'Paypal IPN invalid Process' along with it...

I have IPN enabled on my paypal account, although i have not set an IPN url because i understand that i dont have to??

i have placed the php.ini file in the /ext/ folder too. And i have also set the ipn.php permissions to 644.

I am only on a free web host at the minute (000webhost.com), and that does not have SSL enabled.

I does have cURL though..

Here are some details:

PHP Version 5.2.6

cURL Information: libcurl/7.18.1 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

Oscommerce version 2.2 RC2

PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Does anyone have any information that might help on this please?

If you need to see the 'invalid process' email i was sent, or any script of a file, then please ask.

ALSO.... (sorry tried to edit post, but it wouldnt let me...)

I have tested a transaction with the IPN module set on 'live' and i set to buy a cheap (1 pence) test item.

Also, in the 'invalid process email' it states that the customers paypal address status is unconfirmed, even though it is'nt.

here is the invalid email we got...

> $_POST:

>

> mc_gross=0.01

> address_status=unconfirmed

> payer_id=DELETED

> tax=0.00

> address_street=57 newmarche drive

> askern

> payment_date=07:05:56 Aug 19, 2008 PDT

> payment_status=Completed

> charset=windows-1252

> address_zip=DELETED

> first_name=kevin

> mc_fee=0.01

> address_country_code=GB

> address_name=DELETED

> notify_version=2.4

> custom=3

> payer_status=verified

> business=DELETED

> address_country=United Kingdom

> address_city=doncaster

> quantity=1

> verify_sign=DELETED

> payer_email=DELETED

> contact_phone=

> txn_id=DELETED

> payment_type=instant

> last_name=rix

> address_state=south yorks

> receiver_email=DELETED

> payment_fee=

> receiver_id=DELETED

> txn_type=web_accept

> item_name=Northern Design and Print

> mc_currency=GBP

> item_number=

> residence_country=GB

> payment_gross=

> shipping=0.00

>

> $_GET:

>

> language=english

We have also just recieved another one which just said:

$_POST:

$_GET:

Help please :)

Well which version of oscommerce in use.

As this does not comes with oscommerce.

You forgot to place the language files while uploading a payment module.

Satish

Satish, I am talking about an out-of-the box osCommerce install - no modifications whatsoever, except for the paypal_ipn module I am trying to install.

version = 2.2rc2a

When I upload the language files (along with the other ones) the module just does not show up in the oscommerce Admin.

When I do not upload the lang files, the mod DOES SHOW UP but with the previously mentioned errors that basically say the system is looking for the file not uploaded.

What to do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi

I have just installed the lastest Paypal IPN 2.3.4.5 in my Oscommerce store (2.2 RC1), everything seems to eb working, but there is no option to set currency in the module in admin, and when sent to paypal the order comes out in USD instead of GBP. ie an order for £30 comes out as $30.

Currency in localization is set to GBP.

In my paypal account under "Payment receiving preferences" it states very clearly at the top that IPN does not accept GBP and I will have to modify my scripts.

So my question is how??

Thanks

Satish, I am talking about an out-of-the box osCommerce install - no modifications whatsoever, except for the paypal_ipn module I am trying to install.

version = 2.2rc2a

When I upload the language files (along with the other ones) the module just does not show up in the oscommerce Admin.

When I do not upload the lang files, the mod DOES SHOW UP but with the previously mentioned errors that basically say the system is looking for the file not uploaded.

What to do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

address_status=unconfirmed

if Paypal post says address unconfirmed so it is unconfirmed You can not say it is confirmed.

They have there system which cheks somw values to decide whether email address is ok or not.

In paypal configuration in store admin You ahve an option to allow unconfirmed address payment or not.

change that.

Satish

address_status=unconfirmed

if Paypal post says address unconfirmed so it is unconfirmed You can not say it is confirmed.

They have there system which cheks somw values to decide whether email address is ok or not.

In paypal configuration in store admin You ahve an option to allow unconfirmed address payment or not.

change that.

Satish

Im not sure if that is directed at me, but i will look at it :) thanks.

ok, so i made the adress confirmed (it was because i had a different name in the account of the shop, thats why it stated it as unconfirmed), but i still keep getting the debug email...

Should these be empty:

payment_gross=

item_number=

payment_fee=

If not, they do you have any idea why they are?

Thanks in advance :blink:

I have this very plain, fairly old install of OSCommerce - http://www.alphagram.com/shop/

I think it's 4-6 years old, not sure where I can find a version number, but my main question is, can I install the PayPal IPN module without upgrading my current OSCommerce install? Or is it too old?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

Yes You can or rather You should.

In case of doubts take db backup.

Satish

Yes You can or rather You should.

In case of doubts take db backup.

Satish

Thanks Satish. I looks like the version I have is 2.2-CVS. I've read that most things are not compatible with 2.2-MS. Do you still think I'd be able to use the PayPal IPN module?

Also - where can I find English install instructions? I was going to test it and try to see if it worked on a test install I have, but everything I see is in French.

Thanks again.

hi

I have paypal ipn and fixed payment type charge , in the store everything ok with the Total + Charge , but when it goes to

paypal don't put the Charge just pass the price of the product, so I go to the paypal ipn configuration and the option "transaction type" was in "per item" (maybe thats why only pass the price of the product ) so I change it to "aggregate" and now pass the Total (of the store) + charge -ok- but now in description of products puts the name of the store , Is there any possibilities instead puts name of the store, puts list of products buyed

thanks

bye