• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Your fixed payment fee is not regonized as a valid orders_total structure in osCommerce there for you can't use 'Per Item' mode with this PayPal IPN module.

There are detailed instructions in the install guide regarding troubleshooting IPN, and posted in this thread the debugging code for different versions of ipn.php (2.2 and 2.3). Please search for your answers a little bit harder.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

hi there. i have uploaded all of the php files as instructed. once i go to my admin page and do the install, it works fine. however, when edit the fields then i click 'update' it goes back to the default settings. So technically it is not saving my settings! :blink: .... does anyone know why this is happening???? THANK YOU for your help in advance. THis forum is great :blush:

Hi,

I've been using paypal IPN successfully for a few years. I would have it set up that if a customer orders but doesn't pay it goes to the preparing status and if the customer pays it goes to a pending status (the customer is only emailed when the order goes to pending).

I just moved hosts and quite literally just transferred all the files and database across and made a few tweaks in the configure file to get the site running on the new host and everything works fine apart from the paypal IPN. When payments are received I get the order email like normal, I receive the notification from paypal of the payment but the status of the order is stuck at preparing. The customer receives an email notification that it is preparing which never happened before.

I literally copied all the files across to the new host so I cannot see what has changed.

My setting in the module are

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Pending

Any idea why it is staying at preparing and not moving to pending?

Thanks

I'm still having this issue. I cannot see why the paypal ipn won't work on my new host. I've tried it on two new hosts and it still doesn't work. Has any had this problem? Does anyone know why this has happened and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

with paypal IPN version 2.3 the inventory change shopuld happen.

Install this version and chek.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

hi there. i have uploaded all of the php files as instructed. once i go to my admin page and do the install, it works fine. however, when edit the fields then i click 'update' it goes back to the default settings. So technically it is not saving my settings! :blink: .... does anyone know why this is happening???? THANK YOU for your help in advance. THis forum is great :blush:

Which oscommerce version are You using.

Are the patches/updates for PHP 5 and Mysql 5 applied.

Apply those and chek.

PHP 5 plus register globals on times and in some cases Mysql 5 creates some issues.

Satish

what s about the instant notify payment on the paypal parameters ?

Well thats were the IPN is posted.(Instant Payment Notification).

Satish

I'm still having this issue. I cannot see why the paypal ipn won't work on my new host. I've tried it on two new hosts and it still doesn't work. Has any had this problem? Does anyone know why this has happened and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

First chek whether IPn are getting posted.

Place some write code in the IPN.php file and see if IPNs are coming.

If no then YOu need to chek Paypal profile for set IPN to on plus allow post.

If Yes then You need to analyse what was posted and where it went wrong.

Satish

I've noticed when customers choose this option in the checkout_payment.php page and click next the order is logged in the admin panel not in the checkout_confirmation.php page which causes issues. If they edited the payment method from this option to another then it will create two orders for the same customer...are you aware of this? and if so will there be a fix that it will only log the order in the admin panel after you confirm the order in the checkout process not during the process...

Edited by cyberguyca

QUOTE(veecter @ Jan 19 2008, 03:28 PM) *

hi there. i have uploaded all of the php files as instructed. once i go to my admin page and do the install, it works fine. however, when edit the fields then i click 'update' it goes back to the default settings. So technically it is not saving my settings! blink.gif .... does anyone know why this is happening???? THANK YOU for your help in advance. THis forum is great blush.gif

Which oscommerce version are You using.

Are the patches/updates for PHP 5 and Mysql 5 applied.

Apply those and chek.

PHP 5 plus register globals on times and in some cases Mysql 5 creates some issues.

Satish

Satish,

Thanks for the reply. i have tried turning register_globals off by modifying the htaccess file and nothing :(

i have done a clean reinstall from ipower (via their control panel) and it still does not save my admin module settings? would be a problem from their end?

they are running php 4.4.7 and mysql 5.0.45

man this is very frustrating...anyone? Any ideas? :(

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Which version of osCommerce are you using? Is it 2.2RC1 or 2.2 MS2 060817 patch release?

Try this link if it is not 2.2RC1. Don't forget to turn register globals back on.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

RC2 contains PayPal Standard module, it's most the same stuff.

Question: is one better than the other ? - are two groups working on two of the same plugin ?

---------

Question2 :

what is the Paypal IPN link, where does paypal return the "message" ?

will adding this : .htaccess to \includes make the plugin stop working ?

<Files *.php>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

Hi

I am using Paypal IPN module that came with OsCommerce 2.2 ,after installing this module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3132

It doesnt seem to pass on the cost of the fee to paypal is there anyway to add this to the total shipping and handling cost of paypal?

Iam have the same issue right now. Everything looks good except that the total sent to PAYPAL_IPN does not have the Fee added in .

Bruce

Why doesnt that work?

Between lines 275 & 285 in includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

if ($i == 0) {
		if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
		  $shipping_cost = $order->info['shipping_cost']*1.04;
		} else {
		  $module = substr($shipping['id'], 0, strpos($shipping['id'], '_'));
		  $shipping_tax = tep_get_tax_rate($GLOBALS[$module]->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
		  $shipping_cost = ($order->info['shipping_cost'] + tep_calculate_tax($order->info['shipping_cost'], $shipping_tax))*1.04;
		}

$parameters['shipping_' . $item] = number_format($shipping_cost, $currencies->get_decimal_places($currency));
	  }

I tried to add 4% to the total shipping cost but it doesn't really work as it adds less to the total amount when it goes to paypal

eg;

In the shop

4 products costing $10.50 each

$10 shipping

+ 4% paypal ipn fee

total: $54.08

On paypal :

Item Name x 4 = $42.00

Subtotal: $42.00

Shipping & Handling: $10.80

Total: $52.80

why doesnt that work?

Edited by mme

Please read this before going any further:
4.7 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Quoted from PayPal User Agreement.

Paypal IPN is the only payment method so my handling fee is just a fee to cut the loss of the paypal fee. So it cannot be higher than the handling fee of non-paypal transactions ;)

So how would I do this? (the handling fee with PayPal IPN)

Also this is for a non-us store were that policy does not apply (I have checked paypals policy for this)
It applies to all supported countries not only US, check carefully with documents linked in the user agreement for your country. You're on your own.

Most likely you have a syntax error in your script, either checkout_process.php or includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. Please check your server error log and see what went wrong.

Thks Alex, after checking the script error as you said.

i get that:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdoc/includes/languages/french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdoc/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

line 33 is : header('Location: ' . $url); on the function stated below

function tep_redirect($url) {
if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) { 
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page
  if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url
	$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL
  }
}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();
 }

best regards

phoelis

Which version of osCommerce are you using? Is it 2.2RC1 or 2.2 MS2 060817 patch release?

Try this link if it is not 2.2RC1. Don't forget to turn register globals back on.

AlexStudio THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! i have my store up and running and the paypal is working thanks to you!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

feel free to check it out: www.tumbletimetreasures.com

Loading takes a little while sometimes...is this normal? ipower did just migrated to a new platform so i'm not sure if that would be the reason :blink:

I've noticed this in a few other threads and posts, but I haven't seen a good response to it.

My site is working properly with PayPal IPN module except that the debug emails and order Comments have "PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed] " on them. The Status is what it should be for a completed order and the payments are processed properly, but I can't help but think that the "Invalid" response is problematic.

A few notes:

- I have a valid SSL cert

- But I used a private and public key anyway to troubleshoot and the "PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed] " remained.

- All file and directories have the correct Unix permissions

- I don't use GoDaddy and my ISP says nothing needs a proxy

- Whether is IPN turned on my PayPal account is irrelevant to the outcome.

The only thing I can think of is that our hosting company may be using a firewall. If so, what should I ask of them? To statically NAT outside HTTP to our server? This must be the case now or else we couldn't receive incoming HTTP requests.

Anyone have any ideas? How should I go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Merlisk