• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I noticed that the install text says I must delete my shipping proifile in PayPal. This is not possible because the person uses paypal for other online sales.

Is there a mod that will give you the option to use your shipping rates from paypal or the online store?

"The Voice"

Hello Everyone, Thank you for your efforts. I'm a week old in OScommerce and I've put together what I wanted for my shop because of all the support and contributions.

My last hurdle is with the paypal ipn. I looked deep to find the information that would have allowed me to take care of this issue on my own, but I feel asking for your precious help is my last hope.

My order status are not updating. The right amounts and product information are shown to the customer once logged in paypal. The emails (admin and paypal) are sent to client and admin with the transaction details.

I am using testing with sandbox.

My admin settings are:

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN] (this is the satus showing on admin and client side---this status never changes)

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing (this status never shows, even after a purchase is completed and paypal has sent to admin an email to confirm payment received)

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Aggregate

The debug email shows this:

PayPal IPN Invalid Process

$_POST:

$_GET:

I have version 2.3.3 and I also have the mod "Points/Rewards V2.00".

The ipn.php test brings a white screen as it should. Register globals are on. The ext folder permission is set at 644.

My host is bluehost.

curl version 7.15.3

PHP 5.2.3

Oscommerce 2.2 MS2

I have a dedicated IP and SSL certificate

Any help will be greatly appreciated--

www.stretchyourbills.com

Thank you!

Create a Nice Day

I figured out the problem.

To use the contribution Points and Rewards v2.00 I needed to use

The paypal shopping cart IPN v3.1.5 contribution.

Only these two are compatible for now.

Thank you all!!

Alex, it seems like you are responding to my pre-edited post,

please refresh the page again and you should see the change. thanks.

I see you are making good progress regarding your issues!! Its just this attribute stock level that we both need to fix now! Nightmare!!!! >_<

Im having some problems with this....

I've just upraded to the lastes version as I was getting a ZERO shipping amount sent through to Paypal.

Now i just copied the files over but its now ONLY adding the shipping cost and NOT the cart items!

Location Currency is GBP, as is the admin section in IPN setup. I've checked paypal and the defult currency is GBP there too.

The paypal screen I get looks like this....

Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.

Item Unit Price Qty Total

Autobitz Online 1 0.00

Subtotal: 0.00

Postage and Packing: 4.95

Total: GBP

Any idea's people?

I need a little more help if anyone can.

The shop I am responsible for sells downloads, some of wich we group together, and these work fine for every other payment method except paypal, the paypal module just adds a rather cryptic Group_Files-1 to the order_products_download table instead of the what it is suppose to a row for each of the product in the group.

Any ideas on how paypal works differently in this respect, or where I might start looking for an answer?

Please check this link to a post in the Super Download Shop support thread.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Previous versions of this contribution have worked a treat for me, however after updating to the latest i no longer get the ipn notification.

However i can handle this if i can sort 1 simple problem - so any help would be greatly appreciated.

In essence i need the stock to deduct as soon as an order is placed, without waiting for the ipn notification.

ie when an order shows as preparing paypal - i need the stock to be deducted.

Is there any option for this that i could use.

Thanks in advance.

Before plowing ahead with a paypal ipn upgrade from ver 1.2 to 2.3.3, we would appreciate to note if it is possible to go directly to paypal's second page "Pay with Credit Card or Login" instead of the first page "Pay Fast with Paypal" as shown in our earlier post# 3365 .

I've had this mod installed and running for some time, but after installing the latest version and configuring for my store, I stopped getting Order Confirmation emails. Neither the customer nor store admin get the Order Confirmation and all payment methods are affected. All other email functions work correctly. I downloaded the contribution email_test and it also worked perfectly. Can someone tell me what might be causing this problem?

I'm running MS2 on apache2 with PHP5

Thanks,

CatDad

It seems I have 2 PayPal IPN payment modules installed, paypalipn v0891 and paypal_ipn v2.3.2. I've tried to disable them in admin but that doesn't seem to work. They still show up in checkout. I've tried to remove them, but that breaks osCommerce with this error message...

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'paypal_ipn' not found in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 62, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php

I'm trying to remove this module for trouble shooting. How can I do that?

Thanks again,

CatDad

Hi

I have finished my store and tested with Paypal sandbox and all seems OK and working but I would like to test it for real. I have set the server to live, created a dummy product costing 10p and added a free shipping option but when I go to Paypal it says

"You cannot email money to yourself. Please enter another user's email address if you would like to send money to someone."

I already have a Paypal account which ends in myISP.com and I have added another email [email protected] and made that the primary address.

I just want to test the store a few times for real before I go live.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

Hi

I have finished my store and tested with Paypal sandbox and all seems OK and working but I would like to test it for real. I have set the server to live, created a dummy product costing 10p and added a free shipping option but when I go to Paypal it says

"You cannot email money to yourself. Please enter another user's email address if you would like to send money to someone."

I already have a Paypal account which ends in myISP.com and I have added another email [email protected] and made that the primary address.

I just want to test the store a few times for real before I go live.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

Hi

Managed to solve by setting a Paypal account up for my dad and going through a live purchase and all seems OK.

Cheers

ian

Hi

I have another small query. Can the email sent to me and the buyer from Paypal be modified. I need to add a prefix to the order number. At the moment is there is just invoice ID: 29. I'd like it to say invoice ID: P-29 to keep in line with the cheque payment module.

The email also says

"This email confirms that you have paid [email protected] ([email protected]) £0.10 GBP using PayPal." I'd like it to read ...you have paid domain.co.uk etc etc

and near the bottom

"If you have questions about the delivery and tracking of your purchased item or service, please contact [email protected] at [email protected]."

I'd like to change to ...please contact [email protected]

And a few other changes but I figured they might be in the same file.

Cheers

Ian

Hi

I have another small query. Can the email sent to me and the buyer from Paypal be modified. I need to add a prefix to the order number. At the moment is there is just invoice ID: 29. I'd like it to say invoice ID: P-29 to keep in line with the cheque payment module....Ian

Ian. Not sure about modifying a whole bunch with paypal. You can customize email notifications and more with addon Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

Well after testing a load of versions available - ive decided to go for 2.0 instead of any of the later contributions.

2.0 works perfectly, i receive the ipn notification and it deducts the stock and in short "does everything it says on the tin"

Just a pity the later versions don't appear to work in full. :'(

I come across a problem that, customers can enter two different addresses for both billing address and shipping address. However, when customers pay with credit card directly (i.e. no registration in Paypal) on the paypal page, the content of shipping address (instead of billing address) goes wrongly into the billing address fields on the Paypal page. If customers changes the Paypal page to the true billing address,

then error occurs:

"The merchant has requested a specific address. You may not use a different address."

I am using osCommerce 2.2 MS2 PayPal IPN Payment Module v2.3.3 in my oscommerce shop.

How can I change the Oscommerce or Paypal such that the customers can change the billing address on Paypal page and will not make the above error.

Please help.

I have read, re-read, and re-read and I have not gotten anywhere.....

I am using the official release and osCommerce 2.2-MS2 with PHP Version 4.4.7 on a Linux server

I am also using this live and have enabled encrypted web payments

Here is what happens:

Customer hits page

Customer adds item to cart

Customer logs in

Customer cheacks out

Customer confirms order

Customer is directed to paypal checkout page

Customer logs into paypal account

Customer pays

Customer comes back to checkout success page

Customers cart is now empty

I get a paypal payment notification

Admin section shows the order "Preparing [Paypal IPN]"

That is it.

The customer does not get an order email, I do not get an order email, there are no errors displayed.

Further, if I try to access: ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php through a webbrowser (http or https) i get the following error:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

I log into my account (already knowing the answer because this had to be enabled for my store to run in the first place) and sure enough, register_globals is on as a master and local value.

Help?

Admin section shows the order "Preparing [Paypal IPN]"

That is it.

The customer does not get an order email, I do not get an order email, there are no errors displayed.

Help?

This sounds exactly like my problem, and it seems to affect all payment methods. It started right after I installed the latest version of this module. Now I want to remove the module, for testing, but can't. Every attempt to remove the module gives me a blank payment page in checkout and errors in my log file (see my earlier post above).

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

CatDad

Further, if I try to access: ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php through a webbrowser (http or https) i get the following error:

Help?

OK, I don't get this error. When I try to access the above page on my store, I get a message in my admins email subject..

PayPal IPN Invalid Process

And bidy text...

$_POST:

$_GET:

Does anyone have a possible soulution? Or can someone tell me how to remove this module?

Thanks,

CatDad

This error message was thrown by catalog/includes/application_top.php because your php register globals are not set to 'on' under catalog/ext folder.

Probably there is some conflict between the module paypalipn v0891 you previously installed and v2.3.3, and you didn't remove v0891 prior to install v2.3. The best way to fix it is by restoring a database backup and then start it over again. If you don't have a backup, then you need to remove the configuration keys in database created by both v0891 and v2.3.3 manually. Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Probably there is some conflict between the module paypalipn v0891 you previously installed and v2.3.3, and you didn't remove v0891 prior to install v2.3. The best way to fix it is by restoring a database backup and then start it over again. If you don't have a backup, then you need to remove the configuration keys in database created by both v0891 and v2.3.3 manually.

Alex, Thanks for your reply.

I thought there was a conflict in my configuration, but I can't locate the values in the configuration table. Can you point me to them? Also, when I disable and even remove the PayPal IPN modules in Admin, they are still available in checkout/Payment. How can this happen?

Thanks again,

CatDad

There was a bug with PayPal server handling the parameter 'no_shipping' by the time when v2.3.x was released. The solution given by PayPal technical personal is to set 'no_shipping=2' in the button code. That's why your customers can't change the billing address at PayPal. You can try setting it with no_shipping = 0 and see if there still is any problem. Alternatively you can always send the billing address to PayPal, please search in this thread for the solution. Keep in mind that if you send billing addresses to PayPal instead of actual shipping addresses, you are not eligible for the PayPal's seller protection policy.

I can't locate the values in the configuration table. Can you point me to them?
Try the search function in phpmyadmin and search in configuration table using
`configuration_key` LIKE '%PAYPAL%'

Try the search function in phpmyadmin and search in configuration table using
`configuration_key` LIKE '%PAYPAL%'

Thanks again Alex.

I searched with...

SELECT * FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` LIKE `%PAYPAL%`

and got only two matches, SHOW_FOOTER_PAYPAL_VERIFY and SHOW_FOOTER_PAYPAL_VERIFY_EMAIL. I assume there should be more hits. Did I miss something in the installation? I have Installed and Removed, Enabled and Disabled these modules several times in Admin since discovering this problem, but no matter what I do they both show up in Checkout/Payment. If I disable and remove the module in Admin and then delete the files I get error messages about missing files.

Thanks again,

CatDad