• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Gday from Oz-tralia!

I have one issue that I'm sure is simple but I just can't figure it. I don't know if it is a Paypal IPN or CCGV(trad) problem... I am assuming paypal as the CCGV(trad) works fine with other payment methods...

Can anyone help getting the order total to work?

The changes listed in CCGV(trad) are for the 1.2/1.4 version fo Paypal IPN. For version 2.x of Paypal IPN you cannot use CCGV(trad). They are not compatible.

If you so a search on this forum you will find lots of detail as to why and lots of talk about it.

I ended up installing just a Coupons contribution instead and that works with Paypal IPN 2.3. I believe once RC1 is verionised or MS3 is available then there will be a release of CCGV(trad) and/or Paypal IPN that will work together but until then you cannot get the two to work.

Try either using Coupons ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269 ) or you can use another Paypal version - PayPal Express Checkout - that uses the SOAP API such as (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4791 ) as I understand that this will work with CCGV(trad).

This support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

Which can be downloaded from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Please post any support questions on this module here.

Any questions relating to any other contribution will likely be removed to keep this thread specific to the module above.

Newby here. Can someone please tell me how to download this module? Where do I get it, where do I put it...

How do I change the page paypal returns to after payment. I can't find it although I'm sure it's a quick fix. Sorry for the newbie question.

I have the osC Paypal IPN Module v2.3.2 for 2.2MS2 installed

Also sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Why do you want to change the return url?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

The changes listed in CCGV(trad) are for the 1.2/1.4 version fo Paypal IPN. For version 2.x of Paypal IPN you cannot use CCGV(trad). They are not compatible.

If you so a search on this forum you will find lots of detail as to why and lots of talk about it.

I ended up installing just a Coupons contribution instead and that works with Paypal IPN 2.3. I believe once RC1 is verionised or MS3 is available then there will be a release of CCGV(trad) and/or Paypal IPN that will work together but until then you cannot get the two to work.

Try either using Coupons ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269 ) or you can use another Paypal version - PayPal Express Checkout - that uses the SOAP API such as (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4791 ) as I understand that this will work with CCGV(trad).

Thanks mate - I have gone back to Paypal IPN1.4 - which seems ok. I don't even know what extra features there are in 2.3.2 so 1.4 will do me for now!

Adam

On my test, it went back to my home page. I was expecting checkout success. If I know where to look at least I can examine the code for anything not compatible with my store.

By the way Alex, great fixes to the previous versions. Thanks for your hard work

check this line:
$parameters['return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

in catalog/includes/moudles/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I'm running version 2.2 RC1.

forgive me because i know this is a dumb question...but alas I'm left w/out answers after my own search.

Will this work in version 2.2 RC1? Has anyone tried it? Thanks,

Michael

What is CCGV? i've never seen that acronym? Thanks.

Michael

This is a great Mod.. and I found it easy to instal but Perhaps I have the IPN configured incorectly..

When you get sent to PayPal to pay for the order it automatical puts the shipping address in the billing fields if you chose to pay Without a PayPal account.

If you try to change the filds to the correct billing address it will not allow you to update. Is there a way to send the Billing inforamtion to this field insted of the shipping address???

HELP Me From Going Crazy!! :rolleyes:

A Loyal Servant Taylor

AM/PM - why would you want to replace the shipping address with the billing address?

If you do that, then to qualify for PayPal Seller Protection Policy you have to ship to the address shown on the payment advice from PayPal. If you ship to any different address, you will automatically lose any refund claim laid by the customer regardless of what other "proofs" you supply to PayPal.

I can understand for invoicing purposes why you might want both addresses recorded, but that's for osC internal invoicing functions to sort out, not for PayPal - unless you have a cunning plan you'd care to share ;)

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

AM/PM - why would you want to replace the shipping address with the billing address?

If you do that, then to qualify for PayPal Seller Protection Policy you have to ship to the address shown on the payment advice from PayPal. If you ship to any different address, you will automatically lose any refund claim laid by the customer regardless of what other "proofs" you supply to PayPal.

I can understand for invoicing purposes why you might want both addresses recorded, but that's for osC internal invoicing functions to sort out, not for PayPal - unless you have a cunning plan you'd care to share ;)

Gaz

I dont care much about the PayPal Seller Protecion Policy. My customer send gifts and the person that is ordering the product does not want it shipped to his/her address. They want it shipped to the gift recipent. Paypal IPN only populates its fields from the shipping address and when you try to change for billing it will not let you. Therefor, giving issues of using this service. In the old PayPal setup it allowed you to change info if needed.

That is why I would rather populate the PayPal fields with the billing info not the shipping info on the check out and also pass all informaion about the order to paypal

T

HELP! PLEASE!

Problem: PAYPAL IPN V2.2 installed but will not display (to customer)

I have installed this module and it was working fine. Then I had to set it to "false" as the store was not yet live.

Now I have set it to "true" (ie module enabled) but when I try a test purchase, this payment option does not show up.

PLEASE HELP.

Other contributions that have been installed are:

* STS4.5.5

* Australian Bank Transfer Deposit

* Zones International Default / Zonesworkd Version 2

* Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete

* Specials on Index v2.2

I have installed PAYPAL IPN V2.2 on another site before and it works fine. I just don't know why it is not showimg up here in this new site.

Can anyone please give me a clue or pointer. The only contributions that this site has and the other doesn't are:

* STS4.5.5

* Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete

PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.

Helena

HELP! PLEASE!

Problem: PAYPAL IPN V2.2 installed but will not display (to customer)

I have installed this module and it was working fine. Then I had to set it to "false" as the store was not yet live.

Now I have set it to "true" (ie module enabled) but when I try a test purchase, this payment option does not show up.

PLEASE HELP.

It's ok!!!

I don't know why this is but the solution was:

... I had 'removed' the default payment module "Credit Card" and for some odd reason, the PAYPAL IPN was no longer displayed to customers even when it was enabled.

Then when I re-installed the default "Credit Card" module (set to 'false') .. the problem disappeared and PayPal IPN is now available to customers.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks for your time :)

Helena

AM/PM - further back inthis thread is some discussion about setting the default address to use - with the "website payments" PayPal type interface, the user can change the shipping address in their osC account or PayPal account, but in the PayPal Express Checkout version, they cannot because of rules set by PayPal and the PayPal SPP / anti-fraud measures in the PayPal user agreement - trying to circumvent them could get your PayPal account suspended and any funds in it locked up for six months. Please think outside of the osC bubble when dealing with companies like PayPal and check the sgreement youhave with them.

Helena

Have you set a tax zone then tried to purchase using a customer account from a country not in that zone?

Without further info, it would be my best guess

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

If you don't care about the seller protection policy, you can always send the billing address to paypal by applying the modification below:

Find in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php line 473-480:

$parameters['first_name'] = $order->delivery['firstname'];
	$parameters['last_name'] = $order->delivery['lastname'];
	$parameters['address1'] = $order->delivery['street_address'];
	$parameters['address2'] = $order->delivery['suburb'];
	$parameters['city'] = $order->delivery['city'];
	$parameters['zip'] = $order->delivery['postcode'];
	$parameters['state'] = $state_abbr;
	$parameters['country'] = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];

Replace with:

$parameters['first_name'] = $order->billing['firstname'];
	$parameters['last_name'] = $order->billing['lastname'];
	$parameters['address1'] = $order->billing['street_address'];
	$parameters['address2'] = $order->billing['suburb'];
	$parameters['city'] = $order->billing['city'];
	$parameters['zip'] = $order->billing['postcode'];
	$parameters['state'] = $state_abbr;
	$parameters['country'] = $order->billing['country']['iso_code_2'];

And find in the same file at line 459:

$state_abbr = tep_get_zone_code($order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id'], $order->delivery['state']);

Replace with:

$state_abbr = tep_get_zone_code($order->billing['country']['id'], $order->billing['zone_id'], $order->billing['state']);

That's it. By applying this modification, all your payments will not be eligible for the PayPal's seller protection policy, be warned.

It's a bug from PayPal's website payment standard which forces us to set the 'no_shipping' parameter to 2. That's why our customers can't change address at PayPal. Express checkout doesn't have this problem.

Just wanted to report a possible bug:

If you set shipping to table rate, confirm order so that the temporary order is placed in the DB, then use the "return to site" option to back out of paypal, change shipping to another option, then proceed to paypal again the temporary order does not have the shipping method updated.

Paypal will get the updated shipping option but when i check the oscommerce admin/orders page i see the first shipping option selected.

thanks,

Drew

Which version of this PayPal IPN contrbution you're using?

Alex,

Thanks for all your help!! Much Love.. :thumbsup:

One more Question?

Is it possible to pass the "Add Comments About Your Order" to PayPal and also have it show up on the Packing Slip and Invoice?

I would like to make this field a "Gift Note" Section and Have it Print on the Packing Slip.

Thank you For Your Help

A Loyal Servent.. T

After a PHP and MYSQL upgrade by my hosting company I now get the following in the order comments. I have found some comments / posts regarding this issue or similar, but the suggested code changes are not for my version of PayPal IPN. I am running paypal_ipn.php,v 1.3..

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

11/12/2007 15:48:27 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 15:48:29 True Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11/12/2007 15:48:42 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 15:49:06 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 15:50:22 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 15:51:47 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 15:54:34 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 16:00:00 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 16:19:22 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 17:15:43 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

11/12/2007 19:52:06 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; €105.00)]

Does anyone have a fix for this problem? or suggestions. Thanks

Is there anybody who can send me a link of a working paypal IPN module? For some reason mine is no longer working, and I cannot figure out how to get it to work again.

My website can be seen here: My probelmatic Paypal IPN. Please try to purchase the item I have listed for .02 and see what happens. The page never offers something where you can type in the numbers for a credit card, it just goes straight to confirmation. Yet no money is transfered.

For admin functions I have it enabled, and live, but have disabled encrypted web payments (so I do not have to fill in the rest of the blanks). Once again, it was working a few weeks ago, but ever since I uploaded a backup for the site, it is not. The backup was saved long after I had Paypal IPN installed and configured.