• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Does IPN need SSL to work properly?

I still can't get my order status to update.

In the readMe File in the Contrib, it has a Q&A Section near the bottom that addresses this better than my answer. But I believe it said no you do not 'Have' to have SSL for it to work properly. But I would check that in the ReadMe File

$_POST:

mc_gross=102.10

invoice=22569

address_status=confirmed

payer_id=XXXXXXXXXXXX

tax=0.00

address_street=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

payment_date=13:41:52 Sep 07, 2007 PDT

payment_status=Completed

charset=windows-1252

address_zip=77777

first_name=XXXXXXXXX

mc_fee=5.02

address_country_code=US

address_name=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

notify_version=2.4

custom=1077

payer_status=verified

[email protected]

address_country=United States

address_city=XXXXXXXXXXXX

quantity=1

verify_sign=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[email protected]

txn_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

payment_type=instant

last_name=XXXXXXXXXXXX

address_state=XXXXXXXXXXX

[email protected]

payment_fee=5.93

receiver_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

txn_type=web_accept

item_name=XXXXXXXXX

mc_currency=USD

item_number=

residence_country=US

payment_gross=102.10

shipping=0.00

$_GET:

Is anybody have a solution?

Where is a lot of errors similar to this, however I can not find a solution.

please help.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY HOW BEEN TRYING TO HELP.

NO SOLUTION HERE WAS FOUND.

HOWEVER PROBLEM BEEN SOLVE/FIX.

I need some help with PayPal and this PayPal IPN module. First of I am very new to all of this. I have downloaded and installed the current PayPal IPN and have enabled it in the admin section already. I have read through the instructions for the configuration and have most of it setup. The main part I don't understand is all the SSL setup at the bottom. I have a godaddy account that came with a free 1 year SSL cert that I activated last night for my website. It looks like I also need to get a SSL cert from Paypal as well or create my own? The instructions are not very clear on how to obtain the certs when you are configuring the editable portion of the IPN module.

I found this as well in the instructions:

Setting up Encrypted Web Payments

If you have SSL enabled, then you won't need to set up encrypted web payments as the payment module automatically uses SSL if available.

To set up your encrypted web payments, log in to your PayPal account, click on "Profile - > Encrypted Payment Settings". Click on "Download" to download PayPal’s public certificate. Create your own certificate and upload it to PayPal.

To create your own certificate, you can use openssl:

Create a private key: openssl genrsa -out my-prvkey.pem 1024

Create the public certificate: openssl req -new -key my-prvkey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-pubcert.pem

When you upload your certificate, PayPal returns to you a "PayPal Public Certificate ID”=". This is one of the parameters that osC requires.

More info on this can be found at https://www.paypal.com/en_US/pdf/PP_Website...rationGuide.pdf - If you have problems with encryped web payments I strongly recommend reading the relevant chapter in the PDF guide as it gives extensive guidance!

You can optionally block all non-encrypted payments: go to Profile > Website Payment Preferences, and choose “on” in “Block Non-encrypted Website Payment”

Ok, do I really need a godaddy SSL cert or can I have my site not be SSL and then just have the SSL part be when the customer is buying through PayPal. If so what do I have to do.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy post.

Scott

P.S after enabling my SSL cert from Godaddy, I cannot access my site either through HTTP or HTTPS , I think godaddy might be uploading the cert to my account and it's just not there yet for my site to work.

If this sheds any light on the problems I am having, when I view ipn.php in interent explorer, I get the following message:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Hi, can ayone help with this?

The htaccess file in my catalogue contians the following code:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter
#
# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)
#
#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

Hi, can ayone help with this?

The htaccess file in my catalogue contians the following code:

#
#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#</IfModule>

change it to (renove the pound signs)

[/code]

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>[/code]

change it to (renove the pound signs)

[/code]

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>[/code]

So, I just remove the two # signs from those two lines?

Edited by pace

Hi folks,

is anyone else having problems with paypal email notifications & order confirmation emails?

I've been using this paypal IPN module for ages and all was fine. But my last 4 orders have had no payment received notification email from paypal. The last order didn't even get an order confirmation email from my website. I've also noticed that the last paypal transaction says "web accept payment received" and is showing aggregate items, it used to be per item and say "Shopping Cart payment received". I haven't made any changes to the module or my paypal account settings.

Have paypal altered some scripts which is affecting this module? I can't find out any info anywhere.

Anyone know whats going on?

thanks everyone

Tigergirl

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Having followed the instructions above, I got an error message in File Manager and the code has been editted by the server as follows....

#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter
#
# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)
#
#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
# File modified on Mon Sep 17 03:32:44 2007 by server
# For security reasons, mod_php is not used on this server. Use a php.ini file for php directives
# For security reasons, mod_php is not used on this server. Use a php.ini file for php directives
#</IfModule>

My php.ini file contains only the following code:

register_globals = on

As this thread has become a bit confuddled, to summise the story so far:

I changed hosts some weeks ago, after which paypal IPN stopped working (all orders remained Pending [paypal IPN] regardless of actions on paypal website)

I reinstalled paypal IPN from scratch and set it up as it had been working on the old hosts.

The above adjustments were made to .htaccess as suggested above.

Edited by pace

There seems to be so many similar things going wrong with this contribution at the same time that I'm starting to think Henry should insist vger & Terra return to fix them, or pull the contrib from the approved contrib list - especially as the name of it states it is by the osC team - that now would appear to not be true and the maintainers/developers have moved support off to their own web site.

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

Well, whoever Henry is he's in no position to insist that anyone does anything to any contribution.

If "Henry" were to pull the later versions from osCommerce contributions then that's fine - but I think an awful lot of people would be seriously p****d off with you!

This contribution hasn't been supported by the osCommerce Team since the v1.1 update by Mark Evans (Sparky), years ago.

Vger

There seems to be so many similar things going wrong with this contribution at the same time that I'm starting to think Henry should insist vger & Terra return to fix them, or pull the contrib from the approved contrib list - especially as the name of it states it is by the osC team - that now would appear to not be true and the maintainers/developers have moved support off to their own web site.

Well, whoever Henry is he's in no position to insist that anyone does anything to any contribution.

If "Henry" were to pull the later versions from osCommerce contributions then that's fine - but I think an awful lot of people would be seriously p****d off with you!

This contribution hasn't been supported by the osCommerce Team since the v1.1 update by Mark Evans (Sparky), years ago.

Vger

Consider it from your "customers' " perspectives then - you create a product, then you refuse to service the product through the channel where it was acquired by those customers.

If you are no longer willing to support the product (here at osC), and no-one else is willing to take up the reins, then with the number of problems it is causing for the number of people that it is affecting, (many being far far more experienced coders than me and the many who are currently posting) it is damaging to the reputation of, and confidence in, the osCommerce project as a whole, and thus you owe a big apology to every osC user, and to the osC management team in particular.

At the very minimum, a "no longer supported" warning should be at the top of the contrib page, if it had been, then I would not have decided to use it and wasted the last month trying to implement it.

Perhaps every contrib should have a radio button list (on the contrib page) indicating its support status - maybe something like -

* Currently supported by original author (user name = )

* Currently supported by others (user name = )

* Currently NOT actively supported by any developer(s)

Congratulations to those who got it working - now what about the rest of us?

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

If "Henry" were to pull the later versions from osCommerce contributions then that's fine

Vger

Henry Ponce de Leon :rolleyes: :-"

so that would be HARALD Ponce de Leon...

my personal issue is not the result of a change in the way IPN works, but a change of host, not sure the contribution has a problem as there would presumably be more people posting here.

Any takers regarding my question above? all these manual checks are getting me down :'(

Hi,

I've installed osCommerce PayPal IPN v2.2 with a test account and everything works fine. However, I have the following problem:

The pre-mature order is being generated as it should be. Then, if I don't press the order confirmation button to go to Paypal session expires after a while (24 mins) and I'm directed to login. Logging brings me back to checkout process and when I finally reach the order confirmation stage again a second pre-mature order gets generated! So I end up with two pre-mature orders and even more! It seems that cart_PayPal_IPN_ID is being unregistered. Is there a way to retain the last order and get rid of first pre-mature order? Where should I put the deletion statements?

so that would be HARALD Ponce de Leon...

Ahhh (this is my excuse and I'll stick to it :-" ) Being British and a published Medieval historian; "Harald" is the Norse spelling of "Harold" which was often shortened to Harry. Harry was also a common nickname for people called Henry (e.g. Henry V (of Agincourt fame)), therefore I made a name association, when really I should have checked the correct first name.

Apologies to Harald.

my personal issue is not the result of a change in the way IPN works, but a change of host, not sure the contribution has a problem as there would presumably be more people posting here.

Any takers regarding my question above? all these manual checks are getting me down :'(

Regarding your problem - this is a numpty's guess for things to check that are not obvious if focussing too close on the coding.

- does your SQL database have the same name as on the old server? Have any of the record rows had their group or item number changed in the move?

- is your new host using a different (custom) port number for SSL calls? (We're having a pig of a job on that one with an additional hosting service we joined - our internal proxy is really p'd at the new hosting and has spat the dummy on secure VPN tunneling.

- has your new hosting added something to the .htaccess files somewhere in the directory/folder tree that is causing a blockage?

- has the host got register_globals on or off by default?

All of those are step-backs from the contrib code and more system based ...... but you never know ;)

Hope you get it sorted soon

Gaz

Hi,

I've installed osCommerce PayPal IPN v2.2 with a test account and everything works fine. However, I have the following problem:

The pre-mature order is being generated as it should be. Then, if I don't press the order confirmation button to go to Paypal session expires after a while (24 mins) and I'm directed to login. Logging brings me back to checkout process and when I finally reach the order confirmation stage again a second pre-mature order gets generated! So I end up with two pre-mature orders and even more! It seems that cart_PayPal_IPN_ID is being unregistered. Is there a way to retain the last order and get rid of first pre-mature order? Where should I put the deletion statements?

Can't remember where, but somewhere way back in this thread I saw something about the time-outs and having to reset it with a hard code in the SQL database. I think it was linked in with some discussion about cookie retention of cart contents if the customer clicks out of the site without completing the order, then comes back much later to complete it.

There was also something about how to stop the second session ID and generation of multiple orders - but again I can't remember if it was in the contrib notes (in the download) or in the version update notes on the contrib page (where you download from) or in this thread - but there was definitely a patch and fix for it somewhere in one of those three.

Gaz

Hoping that this one can help somebody:

My Paypal IPN stopped working correctly on Aug 28th: the shipping fees was not passed anymore.

After playing with my settings, it looks like the "aggregate" mode doesn't pass the shipping.

When switching to "itemized", my shipping was passed correctly.

I contacted Paypal. Of course, they denied having changed anything since they revamped their site.

in: includes/modules/payment/paypal.php, lines 247 - 287, this is where the input fields are prepared before they are sent to Paypal:

//Shopping Cart Info
  if(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_METHOD == 'Itemized') {

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('upload', sizeof($order->products)) .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('redirect_cmd', '_cart') .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('handling_cart', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $my_currency_value, $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)));

//Itemized Order Details
	for ($i=0,$index=1; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++, $index++) {
	  //$index = $i+1;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['name']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['model']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('quantity_'.$index, $order->products[$i]['qty']).
	  tep_draw_hidden_field('amount_'.$index, number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price']* $my_currency_value,2));
	  $tax = ($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * ($order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100)) * $my_currency_value;
	  $paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('tax_'.$index, number_format($tax, 2));

//Customer Specified Product Options: PayPal Max = 2
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes']) {
		//$n = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']);
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		  if($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option']){
			$paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index,$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'],$order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);
		  } else {
			$paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index);
		  }
		}
	  } else {
		for ($j=0; $j<2; $j++) {
		  $paypal_fields .= $this->optionSetFields($j,$index);
		}
	  }
	}

} else { //Aggregate Cart (Method 1)

$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('redirect_cmd', '_xclick') .
	tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', !empty($payment_amount) ? $payment_amount : $this->amount($my_currency)) .
   tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $my_currency_value, $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)));

$item_number = '';
	for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) $item_number .= ' '.$order->products[$i]['name'].' ,';
	$item_number = substr_replace($item_number,'',-2);
	$paypal_fields .= tep_draw_hidden_field('item_number', $item_number);

}

you will notice that the itemize method uses the variable name "handling_cart", versus "shipping" for the aggregate:

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $my_currency_value, $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency)));

So I tried to replace "shipping" by "handling" for the aggregate. Didn't work. And it was working that way before Aug 28th. Don't know what they did...

I have the same problem. I am confused by pixclinic's reply. Isn't it includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file instead of includes/modules/payment/paypal.php? How can I modify the file includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php?

Thanks,

--Ray

hi

Is there a way to get the 'Discount Coupon Codes' Contribution working with the 'Per Item' transaction method, I know it works when it is set to aggregate although I would prefer to use Per Item.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Ben

I have the same problem. I am confused by pixclinic's reply. Isn't it includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file instead of includes/modules/payment/paypal.php? How can I modify the file includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php?

Thanks,

--Ray

My file stucture doesn't have this file. Your file is probably the same and called paypal_ipn.php.

I do have a file called ipn.php in my root though.

The includes/modules/payment/paypal.php file code starts with:

/*
 $Id: paypal.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/09/22 13:45:13 devosc Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

DevosC, Developing open source Code
 http://www.devosc.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce
 Copyright (c) 2004 DevosC.com

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('FILENAME_PAYPAL_INFO','popup_paypal.php');
 define('FILENAME_IPN','ipn.php');

class paypal {
var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
function paypal() {
  global $order;

and ends with

function sendMoneyFields(&$order, $orders_id) {
  include_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php');
  $orders_session_query = tep_db_query("select firstname, lastname, payment_amount, payment_currency, payment_currency_val, txn_signature from " . TABLE_ORDERS_SESSION_INFO . " where orders_id ='" . (int)$orders_id . "'");
  $orders_session_info = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_session_query);
  $order->billing['firstname'] = $orders_session_info['firstname'];
  $order->billing['lastname'] = $orders_session_info['lastname'];
  $return_href_link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id='.$orders_id, 'SSL');
  $cancel_href_link = $return_href_link;
  return $this->formFields($orders_session_info['txn_signature'], $orders_session_info['payment_amount'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'], $orders_session_info['payment_currency'], $orders_session_info['payment_currency_val'], $orders_id, $return_href_link, $cancel_href_link);
}
 }//end class
?>

and counts 370 lines appr.

Edited by pixclinic

Ahhh (this is my excuse and I'll stick to it :-" ) Being British and a published Medieval historian; "Harald" is the Norse spelling of "Harold" which was often shortened to Harry. Harry was also a common nickname for people called Henry (e.g. Henry V (of Agincourt fame)), therefore I made a name association, when really I should have checked the correct first name.

Apologies to Harald.

Regarding your problem - this is a numpty's guess for things to check that are not obvious if focussing too close on the coding.

- does your SQL database have the same name as on the old server? Have any of the record rows had their group or item number changed in the move?

- is your new host using a different (custom) port number for SSL calls? (We're having a pig of a job on that one with an additional hosting service we joined - our internal proxy is really p'd at the new hosting and has spat the dummy on secure VPN tunneling.

- has your new hosting added something to the .htaccess files somewhere in the directory/folder tree that is causing a blockage?

- has the host got register_globals on or off by default?

All of those are step-backs from the contrib code and more system based ...... but you never know ;)

Hope you get it sorted soon

Gaz

Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm a novice at all of this, and am not exactly sure of all of what you mean... however, it is noteworthy that the name of the database HAS changed, and this may well be the problem- what would I need to alter for PaypalIPN to recognise this and start looking in the right place?

Yes, I have paypal.php file. But I followed the contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...1/search,paypal, which replaces the file with paypal_ipn.php for the paypal IPN module.

Hmm, ok.

Already noticed 'per item' is not passing on my discount coupon contribution.

Any word on when per item might be working fully? It's great.

If not, anyway to get the same information to display ie. X Number of items with a Total Value of Y. Then all in a seperate list when you click the dropdown in Paypal.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've been using Paypal IPN (v1.5) for a while and its all been fine, up until this weekend where the server where the website is hosted on got upgraded from apache 1 to 2, php4 to 5 and mysql 4.0 to 5. Now i receive no emails once payment is made nor does the stock update leaving me to believe that the IPN reply from paypal fails. Surely the upgrade wouldn't have affected it that much. I spoke to the hosts and they are lookin to into it.

I was wondering if someone here could shed some light as to what could be done to resolve this or if they know what could be causing the problem so i could pass the information on.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by tehsphinx

Hi,

I've been using Paypal IPN (v1.5) for a while and its all been fine, up until this weekend where the server where the website is hosted on got upgraded from apache 1 to 2, php4 to 5 and mysql 4.0 to 5. Now i receive no emails once payment is made nor does the stock update leaving me to believe that the IPN reply from paypal fails. Surely the upgrade wouldn't have affected it that much. I spoke to the hosts and they are lookin to into it.

I was wondering if someone here could shed some light as to what could be done to resolve this or if they know what could be causing the problem so i could pass the information on.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike

I'm no expert on this and don't even class myself as a coder, let alone a programmer, but I've seen lots of notes and warnings in the osC forums, even on contrib pages themselves, and on other forums that php4 & php5 are very different animals, and that some php4 functions or code (whatever) need rewritten for php5.

I've not yet seen anything similar said about mySQL4 & 5, but it's always a possibility, though looking at the SQL config files for osC I doubt that's the source of the problem as all they do is set up the data array (bit like the row and column headers in a spreadsheet).

Don't know anything really about apache although several of the hosts I use, do use it, so can't comment on that.

I'm guessing you should be looking for a patch for IPN1.5 to make it php5 compliant - try giving vger or Terra a shout if you can catch them.

Hi Pace

Remembering what I said to Mike above about not being a coder .....

In one (or more) of the osC catalog root level files will be a file that defines which database your osC store uses (it might also define the database username and password etc. Or maybe in a file like store/admin/configuration.php ? Someone here will know.

You'll need to reset the database info in there and maybe in a couple of different files. Can you see your inventory, customer list etc? If not, that's most likely the problem. A hard and fast quick check is that if before the move, your banner manager was populated with links etc, but now is not, then its a database connection issue - I've had that one myself when I had to do a roll-back restore to remove a goofed-up contrib install.

Gaz

Gaz

Would this solve the problem (installing IPN modules) I'm getting on paypal's notification of payment information i.e.

Product Descripton: "my web address on it" rather than actual product ordered descripton.

Could any explain this step-by-step as I am novice to this !! Already have paypal to work together with osCommerce well but this is the only problem.

Hi @ all!

i got an urgent problem:

im using the last version of paypal ipn, i got some items in my catalog that got as attribute a "Text Box" , the customer must fill it for order that item , but at the checkout after sent the payment their comment will not saved in the database.

Here a screenshot:

screenka2.png