• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi all. Can't find an answer elsewhere. Hopefully this is the thread to help me. I am using the paypal module, but when an order was placed using paypal. Payment was received but I have no idea what was ordered. What do I need to install (can you give me a link) so that when an order is placed and paid for with paypal, I also received the order details and the "Order placed" email can be sent to the customer. I'm writing this from Beijing..and it's late here..i think i'm being clear..but my brain is tired. Please help! (Oh by the way..I have US Paypal account..so whatever download is better for that one) Thanks in advance.

I've had Paypal IPN working for a while without any major issues. However, I've recently installed the Fast Easy Checkout contribution, which allows customers to purchase without creating an account, and it has broken the IPN module.

What is happening is that the Customer goes off to Paypal, makes payment and is then returned to the store but the order status is left at Awaiting Payment Confirmation and not updated to Pending, which are the values that I have set.

Apart from the fact that the status isn't updating when the customer returns, everything else still seems to work. Has anyone had these two contributions (FEC and Paypal IPN) working alongside each other correctly. Any ideas where I need to start looking?

I'd really appreciate any assistance with this problem.

If the FEC modifies checkout_process.php then you must also modify the Paypal contribution with those same changes. If your using a version of Paypal above 1.4 then you might find it difficult to make the changes in paypal. Just depends on what has changed.

Currently running 76 contibutions.

Hi all. Can't find an answer elsewhere. Hopefully this is the thread to help me. I am using the paypal module, but when an order was placed using paypal. Payment was received but I have no idea what was ordered. What do I need to install (can you give me a link) so that when an order is placed and paid for with paypal, I also received the order details and the "Order placed" email can be sent to the customer. I'm writing this from Beijing..and it's late here..i think i'm being clear..but my brain is tired. Please help! (Oh by the way..I have US Paypal account..so whatever download is better for that one) Thanks in advance.

Ok..lol replying to myself..cuz I couldn't find the edit button. Anywho..I downloaded the contrib. Very simple very fast. New question. Anyway to get rid of Paypal having non-account holders automatically signing them up for an account when they pay by credit card? Under Website Payment Options in my paypal account. The Paypal Account Optional is set for ON..anything else to do? I want my customers to know that they don't need to sign up with paypal in order to pay.

I'm hoping someone here can help me, I've got the paypal ipn installed (latest one) and have a problem. If an order is made and confirmed but the customer doesnt actually pay (faults, closed by accident etc) then the status updates to awaiting payment in OSC. How does the customer then pay ? I cant seem to find any buttons or anything in the orders screen for the customer to actually pay for the item if this happens. Can anyone help ?

Ok..lol replying to myself..cuz I couldn't find the edit button. Anywho..I downloaded the contrib. Very simple very fast. New question. Anyway to get rid of Paypal having non-account holders automatically signing them up for an account when they pay by credit card? Under Website Payment Options in my paypal account. The Paypal Account Optional is set for ON..anything else to do? I want my customers to know that they don't need to sign up with paypal in order to pay.

I use Version 1.4 of this contrib and as far as I know it doensn't force anyone to create an account (at least in the sandbox it doesn't). In testing I was able to pay with a credit card via paypal and not have to create an account. This was awhile ago so maybe something has changed. I will have to check it again, but I didn't think you had to.

I use Version 1.4 of this contrib and as far as I know it doensn't force anyone to create an account (at least in the sandbox it doesn't). In testing I was able to pay with a credit card via paypal and not have to create an account. This was awhile ago so maybe something has changed. I will have to check it again, but I didn't think you had to.

Thanks. I think I have 1.0. Where can I find version 1.4? I searched for Paypal under Contributions, but I didn't see version 1.4.

Edited by Cubster

Thanks. I think I have 1.0. Where can I find version 1.4? I searched for Paypal under Contributions, but I didn't see version 1.4.

Found it! :-) I should start a new thread called Christina talks to herself! and occasionally gets answers. Thanks for the help candleman :-)

Found it! :-) I should start a new thread called Christina talks to herself! and occasionally gets answers. Thanks for the help candleman :-)

lol...glad you found it :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me why I would get the message shown below at times I am not processing anything? I understand I could get it when something is purchased via paypal etc... but I am getting these at various times during the day when I know there is no activity?

Message = An unknown POST from 66.135.197.164 was received. Are you running any tests?

Thanks,

Steven...

I am in desperate need of some help

I have installed a few modules and now am trying to install Paypal...that is this module

I have done the installation TWICE and am very sure all files are correct and uploaded into their right places.

For some reason it doens't seem that the module is taking effect. That is that in the backend it is still the old paypal and in the front end it is also the old paypal.

Where does OSC connect to the new paypal. I have read through the code and can't fidn reference to it anywhere...

please help someone

Ilan

Hi,

I have a modification in the checkout_process.php and would like to know how (or if?) its possible to code it into the Paypal IPN module. I've tried copy and paste but that doesn't work. Thanks in advance for any help.

The modification is:

$file_extension = $_SESSION['format'] ? $_SESSION['format'] : $formats->defaultFormat();

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id,

'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'].'.'.$file_extension,

'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'],

'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

}

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

}

}

The PayPal IPN requires custom integration with any modification which affects checkout_process.php. If "super download shop" modifies checkout_process.php then you or your developer must custom integrate it - it won't work "out of the box". For heavily modified shops I do not recommend using the PayPal IPN unless you have an experienced PHP developer on board. A simpler solution might be to use the standard PayPal module and to implement a different contrib which pre-saves orders or baskets (there are several in the contrib section). All the best - Terra

Hello Terra,

I had been using for the last couple of years PayPal Shopping Cart IPN (by devosc) with no problems. I have to say that that contribution offers more to the store owner in way of record keeping and customer information without having to go to PayPal, than this contribution. I respect the objective of the Official PayPal IPN contribution and its simplicity, but as you state in the above quote it has its limitations as with all contributions.

Having removed the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN from my store and installing this contribution, I've had second thoughts. My reason for switching was because, probably innocently, I was led to believe that I could use a contribution called buySAFE with the "Official" PayPal module, but the individual probably meant the standard PayPal module.

I have installed the contribution called buySAFE. It is a company that will guarantee the buyer that he will receive the product as advertised and according to the Terms of Sale from the seller if the buyer is willing to purchase a bond with the purchase of the goods. This contribution works great, except, when the order is confirmed along with the purchase of the bond, the bond information is not sent to PayPal or to buySAFE (with my first IPN module not at all, with IPN 2.2 module only the amount to PayPal but not with the rest of the information). buySAFE contribution does make changes to checkout_process.php.

I'm not a programmer and know very little about PHP and don't have the funds to have a developer on board. So, can you tell me what contributions there are that pre-save orders. Maybe I don't know what to look for, but I couldn't find any.

Thanks,

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Still looking for someone to explain why I get the following message at times there is absolutely NO activity. My understanding is that I should get this debug message when my customer transfers over to the paypal site, pays and then returns back to my site. Why would I get this message at 3:00am in the morning when I am sleeping and there is no activity whatsover on my site??? Is someone hacking my site somehow?

------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Post
An unknown POST from 66.135.197.164 was received.
Are you running any tests?

PayPal Response

Connection Type
curl: 1 transport:  domain: www.sandbox.paypal.com port:  

Email and Business ID config
Store Configuration Settings
Primary PayPal Email Address: [email protected]
Business ID: [email protected]
PayPal Configuration Settings
Primary PayPal Email Address: 
Business ID: 

PayPal Transaction ID: 

Attention!
This is email has NOT been sent by PayPal.

You have received this email via the osCommerce PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN Contribution

To discontinue receiving this notice disable 'Debug Email Notifications' in your osCommerce PayPal configuration panel.

I have just received the following email from Paypal, saying I need to reconfigure my code for some new changes:

As a valued PayPal customer, we wanted to inform you that we’re planning to upgrade the PayPal data center on Tuesday, the 19th of June. The upgrade is scheduled to begin at 12 PM Singapore/Hong Kong time and last for approximately two hours. During this time, there will be a PayPal system-wide service interruption. The PayPal site will be unavailable and the majority of PayPal features will not be functioning. Also, you will not be able to process payments during this time.

You do not need to do anything during the data center upgrade. Once the upgrade is complete, you will be able to conduct business as you normally would.

However, if you use PayPal as a payment option on your website, you may need to reconfigure PayPal's IP address if was previously hard-coded into your API calls and/or firewall settings. Please see instructions below.

* If you have hard-coded PayPal’s IP addresses into your API calls and/or firewall settings, you may need to reconfigure these settings after the upgrade. Here is the new IP address you will need to upgrade to:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf....php?p_faqid=92

Where do I need to change this URL in the code?

TIA

I have just received the following email from Paypal, saying I need to reconfigure my code for some new changes:

Where do I need to change this URL in the code?

TIA

I don't think the IP is hard coded into the script. The link you gave takes you to a list of IP's that they will be using. After looking through the code I don't see a IP anywhere so I don't think it will be a problem.

i have been playing about with oscommerce for a few weeks now. i originally decided against installing paypal ipn and instead setting the auto return feature in my paypal business account. this would redirect the user back to my site automatically after a delay of say 10 seconds and then the order was logged in the db. however, if i closed the tab during this delay (before being redirected back to my site), then the order was paid for but not logged which is completely unacceptable. so i decided to install paypal ipn to counteract the issue. now the order is logged even if i close the tab. however, the shopping cart for that user is not emptied and the email confirmation sent by oscommerce is not recieved by the customer because presumably the code for this is on the checkout success page of oscommerce. ive read these forums extensively regarding this issue and one user called 'vger' (who i might add seems to know his stuff) said to only install the latest ipn contribution added by an oscommerce team member which i did. however, this does not solve the issues i outlined above. anyone know how i can solve these issues?

thanks

Terra,

What is the latest module update for the paypal IPN ? Could you post the link below here ? Also is there any way or has it been figured out to include all item detailsafter getting transferred to Paypal in the shopping cart. Earlier when I tried it screwd up shipping rates when I changed the order transferred as "Item wise" to "Aggregate". Any ideas or updates to this issue ?

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

hy dudes,

first of all: grate contrib and easy to install ...

i've just one problem:

the orders payed via paypal aren't recognized by my google analytics account!

where in ipn.php and how do i have to call the analytics.php to submite also these orders to google?

i've osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 and google_analytics_module_v1.2.2 running.

thanxs 4 any help

Like a lot of others I am having issues with receiving the "PayPal IPN Invalid Process" email - the account is getting credited so I'm not too bothered by it. However, there are a couple of other issues I am having and I'd like some help if anyone can offer some:

1. When I use the sandbox account, EVERYTHING runs as it should but when I use the LIVE system and run a small transaction to test, the money is credited fine however the orders_purchased field is not updated for the purchased items. This field is updated when I run the test on sandbox. Any ideas?

2. The clients postal address is not being received by my paypal merchant account so that when I click on 'details' for the transaction, I can see the invoice ID but no postal address. This is not a HUGE problem however I would like to be able to print my postal stickers from Paypal.

Thanks in advance!

Like a lot of others I am having issues with receiving the "PayPal IPN Invalid Process" email - the account is getting credited so I'm not too bothered by it. However, there are a couple of other issues I am having and I'd like some help if anyone can offer some:

1. When I use the sandbox account, EVERYTHING runs as it should but when I use the LIVE system and run a small transaction to test, the money is credited fine however the orders_purchased field is not updated for the purchased items. This field is updated when I run the test on sandbox. Any ideas?

2. The clients postal address is not being received by my paypal merchant account so that when I click on 'details' for the transaction, I can see the invoice ID but no postal address. This is not a HUGE problem however I would like to be able to print my postal stickers from Paypal.

Thanks in advance!

Update on this - about an hour after my test purchase an email returned to confirm the order so there appears to be a delay in Paypal confirming the order as valid!

Hello...

I still have the problem of PayPal IPN Invalid Process

And i dont know how i can resolve them...

I have made the modify segnaled some time ago, because is hosted by godaddy.com, but none has happened...

Every transaction i have made, i will receive two mesage, like this:

payment_date=12:00:10 Jun 22, 2007 PDT

txn_type=web_accept

last_name=xxxxxx

residence_country=IT

item_name=SissiDoll

payment_gross=

mc_currency=EUR

business=xxxxx@xxxxx

payment_type=instant

verify_sign=AFDM8TKQrcy1KlommX0lP.QJNzLjArtWPjRKuJE9R8WSsftWt4wrAnMC

payer_status=verified

tax=0.00

payer_email=xxxxx@xxxxx

txn_id=6K690808WT093643U

quantity=1

receiver_email=xxxxx@xxxxx

first_name=xxxxx

invoice=8

payer_id=YD9MFNZ7K6JY8

receiver_id=YEFYJGL59U7VL

item_number=

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=

mc_fee=0.37

shipping=0.00

mc_gross=0.50

custom=3

charset=windows-1252

notify_version=2.1

The money, is regularry arrived, all'is ok, except this...

Please, help me...

Okay - for all the last posts:

The return URL and the IPN URL are both sent by the IPN module so you don't have to enter this.

The order update is handled by the ipn.php file in the /ext/ directory. Causes for not updating can vary from server to server. Common problems are firewalls (GoDaddy) and the fsocket command. If your hosting company is any good you may want to discuss this with them to find out if any firewalls are in place.

The info which is sent to PayPal is assembled in paypal_ipn.php ($parameters variable). The order update is in ipn.php. For code differences between v1.3 and v2.0 just use a file comparison program e.g. WinMerge. However v1.3 and v2.0 don't differ with regards to order status updating so I can't see how the new version could stop it from working.

Terra

Hi Terra et al,

I had the same problem and it turned out that if I put the php.ini in which I make the register global thing ON in the same directory as ipn.php, it start working.

Hello...

I still have the problem of PayPal IPN Invalid Process

And i dont know how i can resolve them...

I have made the modify segnaled some time ago, because is hosted by godaddy.com, but none has happened...

Every transaction i have made, i will receive two mesage, like this:

payment_date=12:00:10 Jun 22, 2007 PDT

txn_type=web_accept

last_name=xxxxxx

residence_country=IT

item_name=SissiDoll

payment_gross=

mc_currency=EUR

business=xxxxx@xxxxx

payment_type=instant

verify_sign=AFDM8TKQrcy1KlommX0lP.QJNzLjArtWPjRKuJE9R8WSsftWt4wrAnMC

payer_status=verified

tax=0.00

payer_email=xxxxx@xxxxx

txn_id=6K690808WT093643U

quantity=1

receiver_email=xxxxx@xxxxx

first_name=xxxxx

invoice=8

payer_id=YD9MFNZ7K6JY8

receiver_id=YEFYJGL59U7VL

item_number=

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=

mc_fee=0.37

shipping=0.00

mc_gross=0.50

custom=3

charset=windows-1252

notify_version=2.1

The money, is regularry arrived, all'is ok, except this...

Please, help me...

Ok, I had this until I changed the 'Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status' and 'Set PayPal Completed Order Status' in the admin section (admin/modules/payment/paypal IPN) away from DEFAULT and gave them appropriate values from the drop down boxes (for me I chose PENDING and PREPARING [PAYPAL IPN]) respectively.

Not sure if this is a concidence but since I changed them yesterday, all test payments and 2 live payments have gone through clean with no INVALID emails.