• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

"Confirm Order" button does not appear on "checkout_confirmation.php"

Hi there,

I have installed osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 and configured it with these options:

+ Enable PayPal IPN Module: True

+ Gateway Server: Live

+ Email-Address: My Email Adress I use as business account at Paypal

+ Transaction Currency: Selected Currency

All other options I left as default.

On the page "checkout_confirmation.php" I do not see the button "Confirm Order".

Any idea, what I did wrong?

I use "oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817".

Regards

Nico

I'm having an issue with the ipn 2.2 version code. The stock is only being subtracted on 1 item that was in the cart and no confirmation emails are being sent to the customer. Register Globals is on for the ext directory and I know the ipn.php file is being ran as the order status does change correctly as it should.

Someone please test your 2.2 setup to see if stock deducts on multiple items and post here if it works or not.

If someone has experienced this stock deduction issue and no order confirmation email issue please post a fix if you have one.

Thank you

I have tried so hard to install/get this working and I have not been successful with this or other payment and shipping modules (like USPS)... is there ANYone who can do it for me if I pay them? :/

I use PayPal_IPN_v2.2 For my store, If customer have entering a address with a title with accent. Then paypal return the following error: "paypal Data does not match input character set or default encoding. For more information, please contact the merchant." can anybody help me? :'(

I seem to be having the same problem as many others in this forum with 3x 'PayPal IPN Invalid Process' emails every time a customer places an order via this IPN module.

The email contains all the same details listed by Burntheweb in his post above.

I have tried many of the suggestions listed in this and other forums, including adding the extra 'GoDaddy' lines in the ipn.php script, checking my product titles and descriptions for non alpha-numeric characters, switching off / on various PayPal settings and performing a pagan sacrifice to the gods of PayPal. ;)

None of these seems to have made any difference and I am now getting to the 'pulling-my-hair-out' stage.

Does anyone out there have any ideas what the problem is? Has anyone actually solved this issue?

I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but my site is hosted in the UK by Supernames. I have experienced a few initial problems with setting up my osCommerce site because they have a lot of security settings turned on by default. Does anyone else host a PayPal IPN enabled osCommerce site on Supernames?

Thanks in advance.

Integrating CCGV and Afiliates into PayPal IPN: Update.

I have made the following changes to incorporate CCGV and Affilitaes in Paypal IPN v. 2.2.

And if it does not work for you: Please don't blame me!

Its a good start, I tried this BUT, I kept getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxxxxx/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 500

On return from Paypal. It actually worked a bit better than going to IPN v1.3 with CCGV(trad) (See pther post)

Paypal IPN v1.3 CCGV and incorrectly formatted item amount error

Seems that PayPal IPN v1.3 and CCGV are doing very odd things. After installing IPN v1.3 to stable system with CCGV (trad) it seems taht:

IF a buyer does not use a GV THEN payment goes to PayPal okay. (IPN v1.3 works fine!)

IF a buyer uses a GV greater than what he is buying THEN payment works fine (IPN v1.3 works fine!)

However

IFa buyer uses a CCGV for part of the payment when you try to pay, the Paypal link screams :

There is an error The link that you have used to to enter the Paypal System contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

Been stuck at that point for a few days, any Ideas?

I would like to confirm the issue regarding ssl and Encrypted Web Payments real quick.

When I went through the install guide provided, under the Setting up Encrypted Web Payments topic, it says "If you have SSL enabled, then you won't need to set up encrypted web payments as the payment module automatically uses SSL if available."

Does that mean I don't need to enabled this feature if I have the SSL certificate installed on https://myWebsite.com?? Thank you!

Catherine,

I am wondering the same thing also.

And is this a properly configured system for SSL with Encrypted Web payments OFF?

ayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Gateway Server

Testing

E-Mail Address

Sort order of display.

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Force shipping address?

False

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Set PayPal Completed Order Status

Transaction Type

Aggregate

Move tax to total amount

True

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

/tmp

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

I would like to confirm the issue regarding ssl and Encrypted Web Payments real quick.

When I went through the install guide provided, under the Setting up Encrypted Web Payments topic, it says "If you have SSL enabled, then you won't need to set up encrypted web payments as the payment module automatically uses SSL if available."

Does that mean I don't need to enabled this feature if I have the SSL certificate installed on https://myWebsite.com?? Thank you!

You are correct. If you have an SSL cert installed you do not need Encrypted Web Payments. The cert must be yours and not shared.

Currently running 76 contibutions.

You are correct. If you have an SSL cert installed you do not need Encrypted Web Payments. The cert must be yours and not shared.

Shared Certs work fine with osCommerce - we use it for our hosting customers and it's much cheaper than full certs. As long as the server set-up / Cert is done correctly, there's no problem with using a shared ssl certificate with osCom and PayPal IPN. all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Shared Certs work fine with osCommerce - we use it for our hosting customers and it's much cheaper than full certs. As long as the server set-up / Cert is done correctly, there's no problem with using a shared ssl certificate with osCom and PayPal IPN. all the best - Terra

Oops! Your right, sorry :blush: That is what I get for trying to answer a post early in the morning without having my coffee first. It's 2checkout that doesn't work with shared SSL at least it never did for me.

Currently running 76 contibutions.

Hello everyone,

I've searched the thread and have been unable to find an answer (at least an answer that I can comprehend) to my problem. I installed the Paypal IPN, and now when I go to checkout, I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxx/html/catalog/includes/header.php:244) in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxx/html/catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I'm fairly new at osCommerce & php, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Terra,

I need some help with my installation of IPN then. I am self-hosting on a Linux server. I did the chmod 755 and 644 as noted in the installation docs, I added a php.ini file in the directory with ipn.php. My test orders are marked as paid by paypal on their website using the sandbox. My orders in OSC are never updated.

According to my SSL access log:

192.168.1.10 - - [04/Jun/2007:20:36:54 -0400] "GET /images/ HTTP/1.1" 200 25881

66.135.197.164 - - [04/Jun/2007:20:37:43 -0400] "POST /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php HTTP/1.0" 200 -

192.168.1.10 - - [04/Jun/2007:20:37:56 -0400] "GET

/checkout_process.php?txn_type=web_accept&payment_date=17%3A37%3A43+Jun+04%2C+20

07+PDT&last_name=testb&residence_country=US&item_name=BOBbing+for+coins&payment_

gross=5.25&mc_currency=USD&business=admin%40b4coins.com&payment_type=instant&pay

er_status=verified&verify_sign=AB72LZS8QW61-LOwE8Mv-psRHNipA5YzYP77nJ15l8n.IBHUf

mfiDzQI&test_ipn=1&payer_email=usertestb%40comcast.net&tax=0.00&txn_id=7RT12750V

6430705M&quantity=1&receiver_email=admin%40b4coins.com&first_name=user&invoice=K

42&payer_id=DGQVJNAF8XYK4&receiver_id=9DJ3AXTM4NMNC&item_number=&payment_status=

Completed&payment_fee=0.45&mc_fee=0.45&shipping=0.00&mc_gross=5.25&custom=3&char

set=windows-1252¬ify_version=2.1&merchant_return_link=Complete+your+Order+Con

firmation HTTP/1.1" 302 -

It looks like I am getting 'verified' status for the transaction back from PayPal

Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance.

hy dudes,

first of all: grate contrib and easy to install ...

i've just one problem:

the orders payed via paypal aren't recognized by my google analytics account!

where in ipn.php and how do i have to call the analytics.php to submite also these orders to google?

i've osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 and google_analytics_module_v1.2.2 running.

thanxs 4 any help

where in ipn.php and how do i have to call the analytics.php to submite also these orders to google?

Please start a new thread for this as it's not directly related to the IPN module. As far as I know, you need to custom-integrate your checkout with Google Analytics in order to get the e-com data (order value etc). There's an integration guide on the Google site but that's a much as I know. If you start a new thread with Google Analytics you should get more replies - also include what kind of integration you've already done. all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Please start a new thread for this as it's not directly related to the IPN module. As far as I know, you need to custom-integrate your checkout with Google Analytics in order to get the e-com data (order value etc). There's an integration guide on the Google site but that's a much as I know. If you start a new thread with Google Analytics you should get more replies - also include what kind of integration you've already done. all the best - Terra

thx Terra 4 ur answer ...

so here is the new thread ... if someone whants to help or needs to solve the same problem ...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265617

I've had Paypal IPN working for a while without any major issues. However, I've recently installed the Fast Easy Checkout contribution, which allows customers to purchase without creating an account, and it has broken the IPN module.

What is happening is that the Customer goes off to Paypal, makes payment and is then returned to the store but the order status is left at Awaiting Payment Confirmation and not updated to Pending, which are the values that I have set.

Apart from the fact that the status isn't updating when the customer returns, everything else still seems to work. Has anyone had these two contributions (FEC and Paypal IPN) working alongside each other correctly. Any ideas where I need to start looking?

I'd really appreciate any assistance with this problem.

"Confirm Order" button does not appear on "checkout_confirmation.php"

Hi there,

I have installed osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 and configured it with these options:

+ Enable PayPal IPN Module: True

+ Gateway Server: Live

+ Email-Address: My Email Adress I use as business account at Paypal

+ Transaction Currency: Selected Currency

All other options I left as default.

On the page "checkout_confirmation.php" I do not see the button "Confirm Order".

Any idea, what I did wrong?

I use "oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817".

I still couldn't get it to work. :-(

Do I need to modify "checkout_confirmation.php" in order to see the button "Confirm Order"?

Hi all

i am happy user of paypal IPN contribution.

BUT..!

now that fortunately our site is getting more customers, it's becoming quite annoying to have this PENDING IPN orders, mixed with the real ones. For management, report etc they are a bit of a pain.

we also installed GGL checkout IPN, which works in a similar way, but added a very interesting function: when you leave the site to land on GGL checkout, together with QTY and TOTAL, you can also send shipping methods, address, and all the information of the order.

So virtually you can safely leave your OSC to GGL without storing anything in your DB.

IF and when the payment on GGL is succedd, it will post to our site all the information related to this order, so we will build a new order in our DB only at this moment. (in fact we didnt implement this yet, but seems possible)

Any workaround to get the same with paypal? i just want to get rid of unsolved PENDING IPN orders in my order list.

thanks!

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

I still couldn't get it to work. :-(

Do I need to modify "checkout_confirmation.php" in order to see the button "Confirm Order"?

I found the error... There were some LOC missing in "checkout_confirmation.php"...

Sorry for the irritation.