• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

e a question about adding products to my oscommerce.

I have easy populate feature installed.

I have a bunch of word documents with products and product descriptions that i made up to print out and from a catalog.

Now i have oscommerce and I am ready to upload my products.

Now lets say its 5,000 products and images. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT THIS?????

I been searching for programs that can help with oscommerce or can convert them to excel spreadsheet then mabye from there i can batch uploaded them.

I was wondering if there is a techgunie or someone own way of doing this that they would like to share with me. I know someone out there been adding products to someone store and took them a long time, came up with a better way.

So in conclusion. I have a bunch of Products layout in Word with product descriptions that i want to upload as easy as i can into OScommerce. Second. I Have one that is PDF, That has images, model numbers and tables. That i like to export data, then upload into oscommerce. So my Question is anybody ever run int this before. IS THERE ANYWAY TO MAKE MY JOB EASIER AND FASTER? PLEASE IM ME IF YOU HAVE A RESPONSE>> PLUSE IF YOU WaNT TO earn some money i might need some help doing it and i will compenstate you for your time.

yahoo id: kev55xz

msn: [email protected]

aim: butterfish06

email: [email protected]

THANK YOU

Ok, last call for help here. :(

Does ANYONE have MVS (Multi Vendor Shipping) successfully integrated with Paypal IPN V1.4 or greater? I know of over 20 people here at the forums who would greatly benefit from this merge.

If so, then you have modified paypal_ipn.php with the MVS changes from checkout_shipping.php

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me if you have pulled this off!

Best of luck everyone!

Sorry, I named the wrong file..

You must have changed paypal_ipn.php to match checkout_process.php

Thanks!

e a question about adding products to my oscommerce.

This has nothing to do with PayPal IPN - please do NOT post in this thread with general queries. To keep this thread on topic, only post queries related to the PayPal IPN module. Many thanks for keeping this thread tidy - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hi,

Using 2.2 and just installed fine. Just wondered why when you view the cart contents after you hit the first paypal page, in the amount for each item it shows an extra £ sign. So shows as ££29.99 as opposed to £29.99

Can't find anyone else with this prob on here as it's a difficult problem to search for lol (try putting ££ in the search box)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry, I named the wrong file..

You must have changed paypal_ipn.php to match checkout_process.php

Thanks!

phi148,

I was just reviewing the known issues of the OS COmmerce PayPal IPN and noticed that the number one issue seems to coincide with the problems we are having with the E-Mail.

Known issues

* If the IPN reply from PayPal fails, then no order emails are sent, no stock is updated and the order status is not updated.

This could be why we are not receiving order emails. Just a thought.

Gary

Hi I am having a problem with Paypal IPN, Everything seems to be working except the stage when the user gets to paypal screen, instead of displaying the product with its attribute it displays the shop name only, the problem this will cause is when viewing paypal payments it wont display the product that has been purchased but instead the store name.

Can anyone help please!

Thanks

Unique skins and accessories for your media player device - iPod / iPhone / PSP / Nintendo / Xbox - www.iangel.co.uk

Hello Terra, AlexStudio,

I have one simple question. I have used PayPal IPN module from the "PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/category,1/search,paypal+ipn). I did setup everything according to instructions with Paypal Sandbox accounts. Almost everything works, except one thing. On my site, I'd like the customers to either pay using Paypal account or Credit card. Now when I click "Confirm Order" and it goes to Paypal page, I have "Don't have a PayPal account? " option and I used Credit Card. But for some reason, I can't go ahead and process credit card.

If I just use paypal, yes, I can process order.

Is anyone able to help? Any idea, why? Do I need to install anything else like Paypal WebPayment Pro or Standard ?

Please help me urgently.. I am in desparate need to have this solution working.

When you set to 'Aggregate' mode, no item detail displayed, only the store name showed. Just like shopping with credit cards, only the store names listed in the statement. The 'Per Item' mode does show item details, but there still are some bugs/problems with the 'Per Item' mode, so it's not recommended.

I don't know how you have your 'Don't have a PayPal account' option in your store, but logically you can't put that option in the checkout_confirmation.php page. Once you reach that page, the confirmation button will take you to the PayPal page, no matter what else options you added to it.

If you live in US/UK, you can try the PayPal Pro Direct Payments & Express Checkout contribution to offer credit card processing in your store. If you already have a merchant account and the corresponding payment gateway API, you can offer it as another payment method. The selection must be done in the checkout_payment.php page.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Does anyone have a "step-by-step" guide to configuring both the PayPal and PayPal IPN modules in osCommerce and in PayPal's preferences? If not, SOMEONE SHOULD WRITE ONE!

I'm no PHP programmer, but I'm fairly technologically savvy, and I'm just stumped by the lack of an easy to use guide to this, considering how many people use it.

If you have a cheat sheet or guide, please let me know. Email at [email protected].

Thanks!

Tom :blink:

Does anyone have a "step-by-step" guide to configuring both the PayPal and PayPal IPN modules in osCommerce and in PayPal's preferences? If not, SOMEONE SHOULD WRITE ONE!

I'm no PHP programmer, but I'm fairly technologically savvy, and I'm just stumped by the lack of an easy to use guide to this, considering how many people use it.

If you have a cheat sheet or guide, please let me know. Email at [email protected].

Thanks!

Tom :blink:

I found the instructions in the book "osCommerce: Beginner's Editoin" by David Mercer to be very instructive for both PayPal IPN and many other topics. You can purchase it Amazon or other bookstores.

Can anyone tell me how to get the order number back into the subject line of the emails when using PayPal IPN?

Can I just edit the EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT in the language file, and if so, how would I do that

Thanks

Hi all.

I was reccomended to come and seek help from you guys,

I seem to be having some bugs regarding paypal and my postage costs.

ive run a few tests and when i go to pay with paypal the postage cost is different to what is stated in my checkout area.

Any one have any ideas why this is happening??

My store is http://www.indulgencsoaps.co.uk/shop

Im only using the paypal and cash on delivery payment modules.

Hi all.

I was reccomended to come and seek help from you guys,

I seem to be having some bugs regarding paypal and my postage costs.

ive run a few tests and when i go to pay with paypal the postage cost is different to what is stated in my checkout area.

Any one have any ideas why this is happening??

My store is http://www.indulgencsoaps.co.uk/shop

Im only using the paypal and cash on delivery payment modules.

I have a new oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 installation using osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 from 1-14-07 hosted at 1&1

When playing with the sandbox orders never get out of the "pending" status

pending : PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $82.52), Customer PayPal address: blablabla..., CA, United States, US, confirmed]

I was reading though the posts and could not find any solution for that problem yet (please excuse if I missed something - this thread is simply tooo long and should become it's own place).

I also made sure that

- catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php is accessible

- register_globals is on

- paypal sends confirmation email that payment was successful

Has anyone had the same problem or a solution.

Thanks.

I have a new oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 installation using osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 from 1-14-07 hosted at 1&1

pending : PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $82.52), Customer PayPal address: blablabla..., CA, United States, US, confirmed]

I was reading though the posts and could not find any solution for that problem yet (please excuse if I missed something - this thread is simply tooo long and should become it's own place).

I also made sure that

- catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php is accessible

- register_globals is on

- paypal sends confirmation email that payment was successful

Has anyone had the same problem or a solution.

Thanks.

Hi - from your post it looks like the IPN is working correctly. If PayPal updates the order status, then it goes from "Preparing PayPal IPN" to whatever you defined (pending / processing etc). Any further updates to the order status are done by the site admin manually by updating the order (shipped / completed or whatever you want). If this does not answer your query, please reply back with info on what you want the IPN to do ... as far as I can see it's working correctly on your site. All the best - Terra

PS: you can define what order status the IPN goes to in the payment module admin configuration (Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status).

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hi - from your post it looks like the IPN is working correctly. If PayPal updates the order status, then it goes from "Preparing PayPal IPN" to whatever you defined (pending / processing etc). Any further updates to the order status are done by the site admin manually by updating the order (shipped / completed or whatever you want). If this does not answer your query, please reply back with info on what you want the IPN to do ... as far as I can see it's working correctly on your site. All the best - Terra

PS: you can define what order status the IPN goes to in the payment module admin configuration (Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status).

ok - stupid me - I was thinking is should go to payed or processed and was wondering why it's still pending. Thanks for the clarification.

Just another quick question: For Encrypted Web Payments what are the required file permission on

prvkey.pem

pubcert.pem

paypal_cert_pem.txt

all 644?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how to get the order number back into the subject line of the emails when using PayPal IPN?

Can I just edit the EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT in the language file, and if so, how would I do that

Thanks

Anyone able to help with this.. or direct me to where I can find an answer?

Hello.

I hate to bother you guys, but I am about to pull my hair out :angry:

After installing this great contribution (latest version by Terra) I am having trouble with the famous

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

I did make the modifications posted by Terra (posts 1017 and 1018 on pg 51 of this thread) then re-did it as recommended on the "help files". I have installed and re-installed the mod and the message continues.

What am I doing wrong? :huh:

Thanks.

ski

>_<

I am getting an fread() length parameter must be greater than 0 on line 466. I checked the priveleges to c:\tmp which is my working directory and a couple of other suggestions but no luck.

Any ideas?

Sorry, wasn't completely awake when I posted this the first time!!

Here is the error message out of PHP error log:

[28-Apr-2007 10:32:35] PHP Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in C:\apache2triad\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php on line 466

I have checked various permission, etceteras as noted in other posts and I am at a loss here.

How do I add a statement to either display the parameters to the screen or to the PHP error log so I can figure out what is crashing?

I am using Apache2triad on WinXP SP2. I am ready to go live with my store and this contribution is the only thing stopping it.

Thank you for any advice and/or help. Bob

It seems to me that your MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_EWP_WORKING_DIRECTORY is not configured correctly, probably the working directory for EWP does not exist.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

EWP_WORKING_DIRECTORY ??

Aologies, but is this the working directory setup in Admin? If so, it is set to c:/tmp and security is set for 'everyone' to have full control to it. How can I write all of the variables to a file to check the values just before I get this error?

I am still setup for the PayPal test environment. Here are my settings:

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True

Your Private Key

my-privkey.pem

Your Public Certificate

www.b4coins.com.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

paypal_cert_pem.txt

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

WGNTEEXXXXXX

Working Directory

c:/tmp

OpenSSL Location

c:/apache2triad/opssl/bin

Your Private Key

my-privkey.pem

Your Public Certificate

www.b4coins.com.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

paypal_cert_pem.txt

These 3 settings require FULL PATH to the filename.

Also notice that your key/cert don't look like a pair to me. Please make sure they are in X.509 RSA 1024bit PEM encoded key/cert pair.