• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

If EWP enabled and setup correctly, the button code sent to PayPal will be encrypted.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I ihave my PayPal IPN working good. The only problem I have is when you're returned back to the site it returns them to the shopping cart which is still full of the items I just bought. I have read many threads for an answer. Can someone please help?

Thank you

I ihave my PayPal IPN working good. The only problem I have is when you're returned back to the site it returns them to the shopping cart which is still full of the items I just bought. I have read many threads for an answer. Can someone please help?

Thank you

It's rounding up my handling fee's to the nearest dollar????

So any suggestion on which version I should install?

Apparently the newer ones have a few bugs not completely worked out.

Thanks

I'm using osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2 version. I installed it per the manual. I like it. I'm hoping someone will help me with the post I just made. Good luck.

Hi there,

I've some minor problems with the confirmation email; namely:

1. I've the contrib. taxInfo installed which writes a small tax info below the price reading! in a normal order this part of the confirmation mail reads:

[incl. 20% Tax excl. shipping]

and in the confirmation mail generate by ipn.php:

[incl. 20.0000% Tax excl. shipping]

2. in my normal mail i use to write something like Dear firstname lastname

the coresponding lines in my checkout_process.php are:

// lets start with the email confirmation
 $email_order = "An: <a href=\"mailto:" . $order->customer['email_address'] . "\">" . $order->customer['email_address'] . "</a>" . "\n" .
			 "Von: " . STORE_NAME . "\n" . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_GRUSS . ' ' . $order->customer['firstname']." ".$order->customer['lastname']. "\n" . "\n" . "\n" .
			 EMAIL_TEXT_ANREDE . ' ' .STORE_NAME . "\n" . 
			 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

i've tried to copy these lines into my ipn.php without succeeding!

3. I am using the contrib customers extra field to creat a extrafield in the create_acount.php. this extra field is normally sent with each order email but not in the email created by ipn.php!

the coresponding lines in my checkout_process.php are:

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
			  EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
			  tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";
 if (is_object($$payment)) {

// START extra fields in email
 $it=0;
$semextrfields = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_EXTRA_FIELDS . " where fields_required_email = '1'");
while($dataexfes = tep_db_fetch_array($semextrfields)) {
$cusextrfields = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TO_EXTRA_FIELDS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and fields_id = '" . $dataexfes['fields_id'] . "'");
$rescusextrfields = tep_db_fetch_array($cusextrfields);
 if ($it < 1) {
$email_order .= "\n" . CATEGORY_EXTRA_FIELDS . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
$it++;
 }

$extrfieldsinf = tep_db_query("select fields_name from " . TABLE_EXTRA_FIELDS_INFO . " where fields_id = '" . $dataexfes['fields_id'] . "'");
$extrfieldsres = tep_db_fetch_array($extrfieldsinf);
$email_order .= $extrfieldsres['fields_name'] . ' : ' .
$rescusextrfields['value'] . "\n";
 }
 $email_order .= "\n";
// END extra fields in email

$email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" . 
				EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
$payment_class = $$payment;
$email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";

maybe someone can push me in the right direction to solve at least one of this problems.

cheers,

piou

I need help. I have latest update of IPN (Terra). Everything works except when paying with paypal (member or not) it returns the customer to the checkout/sign in page and the cart hasn't been emptied. I have more than one store meaning I can't set my paypal account to auto-return. I have read so many threads/posts but find myself getting confused. Please help!!!!

Mike

good mods, only one question.

i noticed if somebody don't return the shop or a ipn don't send to shop, then the order emails can be sent. but i think i need a order emails when a customers make a order without payment, it's just a payment reminder.

i only find the code sending email with ipn activity, and have no idea to send a order email just after clicking a order confirm button.

anybody help me? thx a million.

maybe i have added a reply on the wrong topic, then i add here also. if fault, sorry for that.

2. Since v2.2 the email moved to ipn.php, the structure of $order has been changed. Now there is only $order->customer['name'] because it's queried from database.

3. There is no $customer_id in ipn.php, replace it with (int)$_POST['custom'].

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

This contribution works great, excerpt for a little bug that I have: if the cart is only virtual (only download products), no pending order is created when the customer arrives at checkout_confirmation. She / he can still go to Paypal and pay for the order, but no order is updated when she / he returns, as there wasn't any order in the database in the first place.

Similarily, if the customer orders a virtual and a non virtual product, goes to checkout_confirmation, then modify the content of his cart and delete the non-virtual ("real") products, the pending order is not updated when he comes back to checkout_confirmation.

I guess there's a loop somewhere in paypal_ipn.php that inserts or updates the order only if the content is not virtual, or only if a shipping method has been selected, but I can not find it anywhere. Can anybody help?

So any suggestion on which version I should install?

Apparently the newer ones have a few bugs not completely worked out.

Thanks

I have the 1.2 working like a charm, I'm not moving over to the 2.2 reading all the issues that users are having with it.

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

hello@all,

i just installed the last version of the contribution: "osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.2 For 2.2MS2" by Terra of 14 Jan 2007.

All work fine, my only problem is with the status orders and email notification:

Customer side:

when a customer send the payment by paypal, no status order will be updated+no notification will be send by email to him.

Admin side:

when a customer send the payment by paypal, in the admin section, i can see the order saved with the "Preparing Order Status" ONLY, and nothing has been updated, no status+no comment about the customer+no email notification sent.

there will be ONLY the "Preparing Order Status", it seem that other 2 Status: "Acknowledged Order Status" & "Completed Order Status" are no working......

any solution please?

there is a problem in the database i think...i don't know why i don't receive any response from paypal about the status update of the order...

after the payment, the customer will be automatically redirected to the website's store with success,

i received the payment with paypal and the paypal's email notification of the money received,

but nothing will be updated in the Admin control pannel, and no one notification will be send to the customer....

there is a problem in the database i think...i don't know why i don't receive any response from paypal about the status update of the order...

Nothing do to with your database - it means that the communication between PayPal & your shop fails. There's been lots of info on this thread, so please take the time to read the last pages - I know it's a long thread but there's lots of info which may help you so it really is worth it. For starters you should ensure that PayPal can freely access the file - try accessing the ipn.php file via your browser (pathway as per your setup) - if you get a nice blank page then at least that's working. Make sure that the file is not in a password-protected folder, that register globals is enabled for the /ext/ direcotry and if you're hosted with GoDaddy you need the proxy fix as per the install guide. all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

When I was using PayPals Sand Box (testing the site) I recieved emails from the site about the orders. This is configured in the store configuration for sending extra order emails. When I went live I stopped getting the emails. Any suggestions?

Nothing do to with your database - it means that the communication between PayPal & your shop fails. There's been lots of info on this thread, so please take the time to read the last pages - I know it's a long thread but there's lots of info which may help you so it really is worth it. For starters you should ensure that PayPal can freely access the file - try accessing the ipn.php file via your browser (pathway as per your setup) - if you get a nice blank page then at least that's working. Make sure that the file is not in a password-protected folder, that register globals is enabled for the /ext/ direcotry and if you're hosted with GoDaddy you need the proxy fix as per the install guide. all the best - Terra

thanks Terra for your answer,

here are some more details:

http://www.MYWEBSITE.com/ext/modules/payme...pal_ipn/ipn.php --> i can see a blank page so it work

it is in a non passworded forlder, and i checked it got the right access.

im not hosted with GoDaddy, im hosted with Register.it (im from italy)

i will try to find the solution in the other replies, any comment is accepted ;)

Edited by Aperol

I keep reading I need to update the fix oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.tar. When I download it and unzip it I get the following error;

"error reading header ofter processing 0 entries"

And it wont let me extract the file. I have update my extractor (WinZip 11.0) with no luck. I have downloaded the file from both available download locations (UK, USA) and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

I keep reading I need to update the fix oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.tar. When I download it and unzip it I get the following error;

Please only post queries regarding the PayPal IPN in this thread. For your problem, please post in the installation section. Probably best to start a new thread. Thank your for your co-operation in keeping this thread on topic. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Please only post queries regarding the PayPal IPN in this thread. For your problem, please post in the installation section. Probably best to start a new thread. Thank your for your co-operation in keeping this thread on topic. Terra

Sorry, I thought this would fit in this thread since I've read it is a big fix for the PayPal_IPN Contribution. I posted it in the installation section per your advice.

i will try to find the solution in the other replies, any comment is accepted ;)

Okay - the best way to tackle is this via your error log.

1. Make sure you have an error log and have access to it (your hosting provider can help with this)

2. Backup up your existing ipn.php file

3. Then capture how the script behaves by entering error log entries into the ipn.php file. Error log entries are error_log().

To get you started I have created an ipn.php file with error log entries and made it available on our site:

http://www.terranetwork.net/external/debug_ipn_file/ipn.txt

The file is ipn.php from download pack v2.2 with added debug entries. It can be used on live sites.

Download / copy the text and save as ipn.php then upload to your server into the correct (ext) directory

4. Run a transaction through PayPal, then check your error log

5. Post back to this thread with the relevant entries from the error log minus anything confidential

:thumbsup: vital tip: please don't post the entire log just the relevant entries between "PP Test Start" and "PP Test End".

6. Once it's all solved, revert back to your old (backed up) ipn.php file

A few notes:

-> without error log you are trying to find a needle in a haystack in the dark whilst drunk so if you don't have access to your log you may want to consider switching to a proper hosting provider

-> instructions are for Linux servers. Anybody on Windows I can't help.

-> Important! If you have made any modifications to the ipn.php file then these will be overwritten by the debug ipn.php file. In this case please post on this thread which modifications you made.

Anybody on PHP 4.3 or higher should make sure that their server has OpenSSL installed, that it is compiled into PHP (not added as module) and that they have clear access via port 443.

happy debugging! Terra

Keywords:

PayPal IPN not updating problem debug order status preparing

I can't see a blank page - I get redirected to "http://www.sitoweb.com/" which is a holding page with ads .. I'm assuming that this is not your real domain? If it is then PayPal would get redirected as well & it won't work. Terra

I am a newby to osCommerce. I downloaded and installed the files to the folders as indicated in the v2.2 for 2.2MS2 instructions. My site is organized with a web folder at the root, the osc folder subordinate to that, and I created the folder ext subordinate to the osc folder. I created the remaining new folders \ext\modules\payment\paypal_ipn and copied the paypal_ipn.php file to that folder. I copied the other files to their appropriate includes\languages folders. I uninstalled the PayPal module in Payment Modules but there is no additonal entry for the PayPal IPN module. Is there supposed to be a separate entry to install and configure? Thanks.