• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter with Large Customer Base

dsonnet

I Started using the newsletter subscriber contribution, I have a very large customer base (10.000 +) with 6.000 newsletter subscribers. I'm worried that many customers would'nt receive their newsletter because the script doesn't get time to complete because of the restrictive max_execution_time on the server. Do some people encoutered the same problem ? How did they solve it ? I'd rather avoid increasing the php limit since there are other php sites on the server and that I'm not controlling the code.

I Started using the newsletter subscriber contribution, I have a very large customer base (10.000 +) with 6.000 newsletter subscribers. I'm worried that many customers would'nt receive their newsletter because the script doesn't get time to complete because of the restrictive max_execution_time on the server. Do some people encoutered the same problem ? How did they solve it ? I'd rather avoid increasing the php limit since there are other php sites on the server and that I'm not controlling the code.
Exactly those reasons are stated in the description of why you should use the contribution Advanced Bulk Mailer. Never tried it myself, but perhaps somebody else has and can comment on it?