• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add info pages?

I promise I have looked for the answer to this question before asking, as it must be asked a lot by fellow newbies. :blush:

I need to create several text and image only pages for information. How do I create these pages and alter their content? I am guessing I need to create a file, and then edit it, but I amn't familiar enough with the layout of OSC to work out the exact way to do it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Angel-

You can do it by hand but there's a Contribution for it now. I think it's called Information pages Unlimited or something. Look around in the Contributions area linked above from Community.

I promise I have looked for the answer to this question before asking, as it must be asked a lot by fellow newbies. :blush:

I need to create several text and image only pages for information. How do I create these pages and alter their content? I am guessing I need to create a file, and then edit it, but I amn't familiar enough with the layout of OSC to work out the exact way to do it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Angel-

Using the osCommerce pdf guide that came with the installation or can be downloaded at http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/documentation do a search in the pdf for - about us - and they give excellent info on the subject. If you have not read the documentation I suggest that at anytime you get stuck to do a search in the pdf and chances are you will find what you are looking for. Good Luck!

2oldNslow

2oldNslow

I am no expert, I am only trying to help.

Always, always back up.Use several browsers like IE,

Opera, Firefox and Netscape to view your work..

The free tools work great to do osCommerce changes,

PHP Designer 05/06, NoteTab Lite, SciTE, PSPad, XAMPP,

Filezilla, 1st Page, osCommerce is #1!

Thanks guys. I tried to install the contribution and broke the site. :(

I also couldn't find a pdf document. Only the knowledge base.

I just can't seem to get a basic 'feel' for what info is where. The HTML rule of one file per page on the server isn't true for php, so I can't just open the 'shipping' page, or create a copy and then save it as 'About Us'.

If I could get a handle on how all the files are linked I might understand it all better. Where's the map? ;)

-Angel-

Archived