• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Columns Based On categories + Categories Description

mazen_hattab

Dear all,

am starting my first oscommerce website and i want to have multiple products on the same line instead of having just one on each line, more deeply, i am searching for a way to control how many product i display on a line based on the categorie (for example if it is a knife then i want 3 knifes per line, if it is Car then one car by line) anyone can help me please it is so urgent and i browsed already all the contributions and i dont know what to do :(

the other problem is that am searching for a way to show a html description for each category for example for bags i want to show an article near the bag category to explain how to use it...

thanks in advance for your help

Mazen

yes it is exactly what am searching to change the display based on the category :D

it would be great if you tell me how

and about the contributions for the information on a categorie i want to include pictures and a html page for a certain category so what contribution it is ??????

thanks alooooooooooot in advance

there are a few contribution that allows product listing in column and there is one that lets you adjust the type of listing for the whole site

i started from that

also added two table one for the css choices and one for column listing and added two fields to the categories table one for each variable.

then in the admin section i added two drop down one for eachin the categories.php so the changes can be modified there

then in application_top.php i pulled these two field from the db

in includes/product_listing.php i used the column listing variable to decide the number of columns and in product_info.php and index.php i used the css that i get from the db

when you are doing the other if you pay a little attention you should be able to make these changes also

this is the largest bulk of code that i have used to add the choice to the category but it is mostly a lot of little changes to existing files as i have described

you will know exactly what you need to do when you install the contribution that i have mentioned and you can probably do it at the same time

////CATEGORY TO DISPLSY STRAT
 $display_query = tep_db_query("select display_id, display_name from " . TABLE_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES . " order by display_name");
		while ($display = tep_db_fetch_array($display_query)) {
		  $display_array[] = array('id' => $display['display_id'],
										'text' => $display['display_name']);
		}
 $css_query = tep_db_query("select css_id, css_name from " . TABLE_CSS_CATEGORIES . " order by css_name");
		while ($css = tep_db_fetch_array($css_query)) {
		  $css_array[] = array('id' => $css['css_id'],
										'text' => $css['css_name']);
		}

I am sorry for not understanding something here... i red about the contribution listed here, but there is nothing about multiple column listing... what exactly should i do in order to list product in columns? i found one contribution - osC-ProductListingSelect for MS2 , but there were many problems with it unfortunately.. any advice? thank you, Elena.

Sometimes, ignorance is not bliss.

that is what i used as the base for what i did and but i did neither follow instruction or used anything other than product_listing.php and am not aware of any problem with it

please explain a little more about your difficulties which might be from the other parts of contributions and i am not aware of

Dear NANA

i didnt understand how to make the modifications for the page product_listing.php so i am wondering if it is possible that you send me Your page and the pages where you made the modifications and the sql scripts so it looks like a Contribution a little bit cos i am stuck in my place since last time and i dont know even what to modify in the product_lisiting since i am not familiarized with oscommerce

my email is [email protected]

i want to thank you very much for your help in advance.

Mazen