• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

chooch

Hello,

I use v1.3 of this wonderful (Information Pages Unlimited) contribution that includes the parent/child feature for the information pages.

Unfortunately, the way it's currently constructed is that the breadcrumb doesn't add a child's parent ID's title (if one exists), so we jump from the child directly to the catalog if we want to go back.

I tried to add something like

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT info_title, description, parent_id FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' AND information_id='" . $info_id . "'");

$information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query);

// After extracting the parent_id into $parent, I should add an IF to see if $parent has a numeric value (or if it's not NULL) and a query to extract the title of the parent info page and update the breadcrumb. That's what I have so far (not much, ha?):

$parent = stripslashes($information['parent_id']);

$parent_title = ????

$breadcrumb->add($parent_title, tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $parent, 'NONSSL'));

//

$breadcrumb->add($title, tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['info_id'], 'NONSSL'));

before the "regular" breadcrumb insert in the information.php page and update the SQL query to include the parent_id, but I'm not a strong php coder, so it doesn't work (I don't know how to check what happens if the $parent is NULL and how to extract the $parent_title information if one exists).

Would anyone care to help me on this?

Thanks,

David

PS. I opened a new topic by mistake. I apologize in advance for the double-post. I wish there was an option to remove a post that you created.

Edited by dstu

Quick question.................

Anybody had any experience combining this contribution with the Dynamenu contrib so the information pages are picked up from the db and displayed in a drop down menu?

I'm struggling at the moment.

Edited by jimmygreaves

• 1 month later...

Is there files missing in the last contrib entry, keep getting tinyMCE errors, looking at the scipt it refers to a tinyMCE.js file which is not included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I couldn't make this working.

Maybe something about register_globals = off? Or does anyone has it working with it disable?

Problem is: When I click to create a page... it does nothing.

Any help? Or should I search for an alternative?

• 4 weeks later...

Add adown changes to following files
================================

## ADMIN AREA ##
includes/configure.php:
// Module: Information Unlimited
 require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'information/configure.php');
--------------------------------------------------------------
includes/application_top.php:
 require(DIR_WS_INFORMATION . 'application_top.php');
-------------------------------------------------------------
includes/column_left.php:
 require(DIR_WS_INFORMATION . 'boxes/information.php');
includes/languages/english:
Add this:
  //INFORMATION
  define('BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION', 'Info system');
  define('BOX_INFORMATION_MANAGER', 'Info manager');
  //

do this for every other language file in your "languages" folder.
 // include local general functions used application-wide
 require(DIR_WS_INFORMATION . 'functions/information_html_output.php');

// include local language translations
 require(DIR_WS_INFORMATION . 'languages/' . $language . '.php');

//INFORMATION
 define('TABLE_INFORMATION', 'information');
 define('FILENAME_INFORMATION_MANAGER', 'information_manager.php');
---------------------------------------------------------------------
includes/configure.php

define('DIR_WS_INFORMATION', DIR_WS_MODULES . 'information/');
----------------------------------------------------------------------

## CATALOG AREA ##
 require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'information.php');
===============================

The first 2 areas I'm not sure if I'm adding, changing, all I know is it causes errors.

There's no mention of changes to the database_tables file, which I find off, am I missing files somehow?

• 4 weeks later...

Great Contribution, I installed it. it works like a Charming.

I wonder is there a way to make description support PHP code. such as

<?php echo tep_get_defined_content('Catalog Heading'); ?>

As I don't know much about PHP. I am trying to use this contribution together with Define_content_V1.3. If the description page can support

Then I won't need anything else to update or create any information and update online without FTP.

Any help will be apperciated

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Please explain what you exactly want... I am uploading a new version one of these days, so maybe we could make it work with your request...

Great Contribution, I installed it. it works like a Charming.

I wonder is there a way to make description support PHP code. such as

As I don't know much about PHP. I am trying to use this contribution together with Define_content_V1.3. If the description page can support

Then I won't need anything else to update or create any information and update online without FTP.

Any help will be apperciated

Thanks

Hi There,

i used the "old" info pages and tried this new one.

In the admin i can't "see" any entries, when i insert them, but they are present in the db.

The information group they belong is 0 and the visible is set to 1.

Any fix? I use currently Italian and English as lang

Thx

Fab

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

Shoud be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi There,

i used the "old" info pages and tried this new one.

In the admin i can't "see" any entries, when i insert them, but they are present in the db.

The information group they belong is 0 and the visible is set to 1.

Any fix? I use currently Italian and English as lang

Thx

Fab

Shoud be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nice one Joeri - I haven't added this yet but will do so sometime during the week.

Just a quick thought, what do you think would be the best way to add custom metatags and keywords to each individual info page?

These could bring in extra traffic via search engines.

I was thinking of combining the IPU with Randalia's Custom Meta contribution and using that as a base: Here

or Here

If you get a chance let me know what you think is the best way to proceed - thanks.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Just a quick thought, what do you think would be the best way to add custom metatags and keywords to each individual info page?

Never really gave it a thought, but I guess it could indeed make some difference to something like that. Although, with the enhanced search engines of nowadays, I have my doubts about META tags (as lots of people did abuse this, it is being ignored more and more by search engines). I put more trust in the PAGE TITLE and CONTENT (first paragrapgh) of the page you want to be indexed. So, replacing the defined title of the page with the title of the information page, would already do the trick.

But... that is just my view on it :)

Edited by joeri

I am a newbie and felt good with the install when I saw the Info Manager in the control panel. However, I got this error message when I clicked on the Info Manager. I feel so close......

"Access Denied No Right Permission Access Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem."

permissions?? which folder??

mysql ???

Thanks

CK

"Access Denied No Right Permission Access Please contact your Web Administrator to request

Interesting, never seen such. Can u determine or it is an OSC generated error, or one from your server. Did you install any kind of WYSIWYG editor? Because then it might that you need to set some folder to have write permissions (typically an image/upload folder).

Interesting, never seen such. Can u determine or it is an OSC generated error, or one from your server. Did you install any kind of WYSIWYG editor? Because then it might that you need to set some folder to have write permissions (typically an image/upload folder).

I did implement the Tiny MCE package per the Step 9 instructions. I just realized that I did not download FCKosc in Step 9.1 I will do that.

Thanks.

CK

This comes from the contribution Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359). You will need to go the File Access page to assign newly added admin pages to a group (category box) which will allow them to be viewable.

I did implement the Tiny MCE package per the Step 9 instructions. I just realized that I did not download FCKosc in Step 9.1 I will do that.

This should not necessary, it is either FCK or Tiny MCE, not both. And if you don't do anything, it should not give any error. Maybe it is the safe_mode of php that is running. Could you try to add a @ before the file_exists functions on line 135 and 136 of admin/information_manager.php and let me know or it then works. (So it should look like this @file_exists(...) )

Joeri;

Great contribution, Thank You!

I use this extensively to provide pages of additional information that relates to the products I sell. I have amended things slightly to show the page title in the browser title bar, but I notice that the breadcrumb only reflects the current page.

Is it possible to have the breadcrumb reflect the entire path to whatever page you happen to be on (as the catalog itself does)? Thus, if you have a parent and a child page, the breadcrumb would show Home >> Catalog >> Parent Info Page >> Child Info Page

It would also be neat if the child pages appeared in the body of the parent page (as they do in the catalog categories)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

I was thinking of combining the IPU with Randalia's Custom Meta contribution and using that as a base: Here

or Here

If you get a chance let me know what you think is the best way to proceed - thanks.

I came here to the forum to see if this had just this thing. If you get it working that would be really good. The ability to edit Title, keywords and description is key.

I have just installed this and its good !

But I dont find an option to EDIT WELCOME messages

The Link

Info Manager > Welcome Message

shows a table and a cancel button

nothing else

Information Manager / Welcome message

ID Title Parent page Public Sort order Action

Empty information system

how to sovle this ?