• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

chooch

Does anybody know how to implement PHP information into the page description to call on some functions of the website?

try replacing

<?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>

with

<?php eval (' ?> ' . $product_info['products_description'] . ' <?php '); ?>

in product_info.php

you should read up on the negatives prior to use.

really helps being able to add php tags in the product description - and excerpt from my prod desc (in edit prod in admin):

<!-- Start Product Description //-->

<?php echo TEXT_PROD_DESCRIPTION_MATERIALS; ?>

<ul>

<li> Book is heavy board, strap is plastic </li>

</ul>

<?php echo TEXT_PROD_DESCRIPTION_INCLUDES; ?>

<ul>

<li> One Buggy Buddie book with rattle on front cover and strap on side </li>

</ul>

<!-- End Product Description //-->

Edited by graeme john

Kanata,

IPU allows you to edit and add information pages to your Information Box on the Catalog side. This is done using an FCKeditor or TinyMC. It really is a handy contribution and I add it as a standard contribution to all my turn-key stores.

Chris

If I'm overwriting my standard information file in includes/boxes i get a blank page after visiting the website?

I'm using STS!!! (4.5.9) Please help me

Hope somebody can help me with this? The rest is working excellent!

P.S:

Can i delete HTML-Editor with the FCK editor thing if i'm using TINYMCE?

Dennis, waiting for a reply

Hope somebody can help me with this? The rest is working excellent!

P.S:

Can i delete HTML-Editor with the FCK editor thing if i'm using TINYMCE?

Dennis, waiting for a reply

If im not changing the information.php it aint working offcourse...?

Problem 1:

in my URL if i clicked on the frontend:

FILENAME_INFORMATION in link instead of information.php

problem 2:

after i added a information page I get a blank page, If I refreshed it (click on a menu item) then I can see the information page i made. It is working, but how can I fix that blank page?

problem 3:

If i click on "welcome message", I see only (No items found) and a Cancel button? How can I fix this?

My software:

STS

Ultimate SEO URLS

OScommerce RC2A

IPU 2.05

Problem1 Fix:

Erik,

You need edit 'application_top.php' to define the variable 'FILENAME_INFORMATION' to the location of your 'information.php' file.

Your can do this by adding the following code to your 'catalog/includes/application_top.php' file.

/* Information Unlimited - Start */

define('FILENAME_INFORMATION', 'information.php');

/* Information Unlimited - End */

HTH (Hope this Helps),

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Help is there but not always in day one. And some of this is not support it is about rewriting the code. But i try ta answer as good as i can.

Is there a possiblity to let a link not appear in the information box but that you can use it somewhere else?

Yes it may be possible, but you have to rewrite some of the code and add options to the admin side.

You must add a checkbox to each information page in admin and use that for filtering out result in catalog side.

And use direct link to information field with correct id other palces.

Problem 4:

In the information box all links that are from IPU are bold if it is active. But not the normal 4 like (levering en garantie | Over ons | Algemene voorwaarden | Neem contact op).

You must change the css classes as they may be different. But you can also delete all links to the old files and use information pages for all.

problem 2:

after i added a information page I get a blank page, If I refreshed it (click on a menu item) then I can see the information page i made. It is working, but how can I fix that blank page?

By refresh the page, cache has to be updated.

problem 3:

If i click on "welcome message", I see only (No items found) and a Cancel button? How can I fix this?

Have you deleted english language. Check in mysql db if they are there and check the languaga id in record. I have noticed that somtimes thing can dissapere when englis is removed.

Or you have not done the installation correct.

Or there may be som STS issues thet has to be solved in the install instructions.

Hi all,

Hope someone here can help. I am using the latest install of info unlimited, 2.0.7. Everything works with one exception. In the info box on the homepage, the page titles are displayed correctly (ie: about us, shipping, policies, etc). However, when i click the title to view the page, the heading at the top of the page says "HEADING_TITLE" instead of the correct page name (like "about us" or whatever). I have installed the mod several times and still no luck. What am I missing? See what I am talking about at Coltsfootwinery. Click any of the info pages.

Edited by mengle123

Normaly is text in capital letters like HEADING_TITLE meaning that there is some text that not get defined. Here it is supposed to be genereted from mysql. I will say you have done somthing wrong in installing it, and it may be regarded to you using a template.

do you have multiple language in admin / shop?

Have you installed the addon on all language?

Are you using templates?

Normaly all errors are to mistake made under innstallation. If shop is modefyed from before you have to make sure there is no overlapping changes in the code. If conflict you have to merge the code..

do you have multiple language in admin / shop?

Have you installed the addon on all language?

Are you using templates?

Normaly all errors are to mistake made under innstallation. If shop is modefyed from before you have to make sure there is no overlapping changes in the code. If conflict you have to merge the code..

No if im good that things where right? Can you say maybe where I must look what can be the fault rthen i'm looking again to it. And say what i've there?

No if im good that things where right? Can you say maybe where I must look what can be the fault rthen i'm looking again to it. And say what i've there?

It isn't my language thing because if I visit my admin in english standard language it isn't working either.

Hello,

I instaled this contribution..... Admin side all work great, but on the catalog side i'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/vhosts/www.wallfun.ro/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have installed this mod and this is what I'm getting

<td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('content', '700', '500', $nInfo->content); ?></td> = works but does not save the formatting with images. Just text.

USING THIS WAY BELOW does not work at all.

<td class="main" width="100%"><?php

if (DESCRIPTION_EDITOR == 'ja' ) {

tep_draw_fckeditor('information_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (($languages[$i]['id'] == $languages_id) ? stripslashes($edit[information_description]) : tep_get_information_entry($information_id, $languages[$i]['id'], 'information_description')), '100%', FCK_EDITOR_HEIGHT);

} else {

echo tep_draw_textarea_field('information_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '', '100', '20', (($languages[$i]['id'] == $languages_id) ? stripslashes($edit[information_description]) : tep_get_information_entry($information_id, $languages[$i]['id'], 'information_description')));

}

?>

</td>

Hello,

I instaled this contribution..... Admin side all work great, but on the catalog side i'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/vhosts/www.wallfun.ro/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

This is not a problem with this contribution, it is a result of multiple file edits and the application_top.php file being refreshed.

Clear your browser cookies and temp files. OR wait a while, it will correct itself.

Chris

Jen,

Post the complete file that code is from. The code you show is not enough to determine the problem.

Chris

This is in information_form.php but I just figured it out. I changed ja to true and all works well. Awesome contrib.