• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

chooch

Hi there, first of all I think this is a great contribution.

But i'm still having the problem of not being able to add or edit Welcome Messages. I tried to change the languageID with the SQL file but it doesn't work.

Anyone has another solution?

I'm using the latest osc2.2 rc1 and the latest version of ipu.

Groeten, Dennis

I am in the same boat as ddns.

I have installed the latest version of ipu (and the admin/information_manager.php patch), however i installed my copy on OS ms2.2.

The contribution is great, able to create info pages etc...

however editing the welcome messages, there is no update button - only a cancel button.

I have read through the forum to find a solution. the only possible solution is the language_id, however my lang-id is set to 1 (english)

both in the language table and the information table.

I am manually able to change the TEXT_MAIN in myphpadmin. I'm also using the latest version of TinyMCE.

Thanks!

Hi there,

just installed oscommerce 2.2rc1, some modifications, and ipuv203. everything's fine, except the welcome message; it changes only the heading and leaves the greetings as they are. i looked at the code, and i think i found the problem; but i'm no expert, and if i'm right it should not work on any installation, so i'm probably wrong:

i inserted the lines

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

tep_information_customer_greeting_define(); // Should be called before the Default Language is defined

just before the

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT); as suggested.

when i'm right, the function tep_information_customer_greeting_define() defines the constants used in the greeting text, e.g. TEXT_GREETING_GUEST. but this is also defined by oscommerce in MYLANGUAGE.php in the languages dir. maybe this is the reason to include the lines BEFORE the language definition. but nearly the first line in my index.php includes application_top, and application_top includes the languages, so TEXT_GREETING_GUEST is already defined and cannot be changed.

i could modify the code, use my own constants in tep_information_customer_greeting(), but i want to KNOW whats wrong with the code (or my brain) anyway....

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

just installed oscommerce 2.2rc1, some modifications, and ipuv203. everything's fine, except the welcome message; it changes only the heading and leaves the greetings as they are. i looked at the code, and i think i found the problem; but i'm no expert, and if i'm right it should not work on any installation, so i'm probably wrong:

i inserted the lines

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

tep_information_customer_greeting_define(); // Should be called before the Default Language is defined

just before the

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT); as suggested.

when i'm right, the function tep_information_customer_greeting_define() defines the constants used in the greeting text, e.g. TEXT_GREETING_GUEST. but this is also defined by oscommerce in MYLANGUAGE.php in the languages dir. maybe this is the reason to include the lines BEFORE the language definition. but nearly the first line in my index.php includes application_top, and application_top includes the languages, so TEXT_GREETING_GUEST is already defined and cannot be changed.

i could modify the code, use my own constants in tep_information_customer_greeting(), but i want to KNOW whats wrong with the code (or my brain) anyway....

thanks

Hello Jens,

Any luck getting the TEXT_GREETING_GUEST to work?

I still cant work out how to save it besides going into PHPAdmin and changing it myself.

Cheers!

Echo

Hello Jens,

Any luck getting the TEXT_GREETING_GUEST to work?

I still cant work out how to save it besides going into PHPAdmin and changing it myself.

Cheers!

Echo

yes. it's not elegant, but it works for me. just did the modifications as described in the readme, and then the following:

renamed TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL and TEXT_GREETING_GUEST in the database; for me the following statement did the job:

update information set information_title='TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD' where information_id=4 and information_group_id=2;

update information set information_title='TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD' where information_id=2 and information_group_id=2;

the information_id value may differ in your database, use select information_id,information_title from information where information_group_id=2 to determine.

and then changed the tep_information_customer_greeting() in catalog\includes\functions\information.php to

function tep_information_customer_greeting() {

global $customer_id, $customer_first_name;

if (defined (TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD)){

$tgp = TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD;

}

else {

$tgp = TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL;

}

if (defined ('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD')){

$tgg = TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD;

}

else {

$tgg = TEXT_GREETING_GUEST;

}

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$greeting_string = sprintf($tgp, tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name), tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

} else {

$greeting_string = sprintf($tgg, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'), tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

return $greeting_string;

}

TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON seems not to be in use with my shop installation; so i ignored it.

btw., i remember that i had also problems with the missing 'edit' button, but it was in fact the language problem. my language is german (2), so you may look at your tables and compare... i changed also the value of the 'locked' field in information_group, since i renamed the constants (see above).

my tables (working):

select * from information_group where information_group_id = 2;

| information_group_id | information_group_title | information_group_description | sort_order | visible | locked |

| 2 | Welcome message | Welcome message | 2 | 1 | sort_order,parent_id,visible |

select information_id,information_title,parent_id,sort_order,language_id from information where information_group_id=2;

+----------------+--------------------------------+-----------+------------+-------------+

| information_id | information_title | parent_id | sort_order | language_id |

+----------------+--------------------------------+-----------+------------+-------------+

| 1 | HEADING_TITLE | 0 | 1 | 2 |

| 2 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD | 0 | 2 | 2 |

| 3 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON | 0 | 3 | 2 |

| 4 | TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD | 0 | 4 | 2 |

| 5 | TEXT_MAIN | 0 | 5 | 2 |

| 1 | HEADING_TITLE | NULL | 1 | 1 |

| 2 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD | NULL | 2 | 1 |

| 3 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON | NULL | 3 | 1 |

| 4 | TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD | NULL | 4 | 1 |

| 5 | TEXT_MAIN | NULL | 5 | 1 |

i had the problem that the supplied information_additional.sql script caused errors and the records where not inserted; because of key violation. i had some entries in the information table already; so it may be necessary to change the 'id' value to unused values. the key of the table is id+language_id

btw., i remember that i had also problems with the missing 'edit' button, but it was in fact the language problem. my language is german (2), so you may look at your tables and compare... i changed also the value of the 'locked' field in information_group, since i renamed the constants (see above).

my tables (working):

select * from information_group where information_group_id = 2;

| information_group_id | information_group_title | information_group_description | sort_order | visible | locked |

| 2 | Welcome message | Welcome message | 2 | 1 | sort_order,parent_id,visible |

select information_id,information_title,parent_id,sort_order,language_id from information where information_group_id=2;

| information_id | information_title | parent_id | sort_order | language_id |

| 1 | HEADING_TITLE | 0 | 1 | 2 |

| 2 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD | 0 | 2 | 2 |

| 3 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON | 0 | 3 | 2 |

| 4 | TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD | 0 | 4 | 2 |

| 5 | TEXT_MAIN | 0 | 5 | 2 |

| 1 | HEADING_TITLE | NULL | 1 | 1 |

| 2 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_ADD | NULL | 2 | 1 |

| 3 | TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON | NULL | 3 | 1 |

| 4 | TEXT_GREETING_GUEST_ADD | NULL | 4 | 1 |

| 5 | TEXT_MAIN | NULL | 5 | 1 |

i had the problem that the supplied information_additional.sql script caused errors and the records where not inserted; because of key violation. i had some entries in the information table already; so it may be necessary to change the 'id' value to unused values. the key of the table is id+language_id

Hey Jens,

Thanks for your help!

I finally worked out why i wasn't able to see the 'Insert' Button in any of the Welcome Messages (information_group_id = 2). The Lock was set to lock.

Once again thank you!

Been looking at this problem for ages!

Echo

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the following bug in just installed Information Pages Unlimited contribution:

When I edit curent page which don't have a parent page and after editing I'm pressing on Insert button, this page parent_id changes in db to '0'. It's bad, because that's why this page don't show hereself in a shop information menu box. Because here parent_id should be 'NULL' in a database.

I analyzed the db table, the 'parent_id' row. It looks like this:

`parent_id` int(11) default NULL

And I analized the fail information_form.php

Loook throw this line:

$options = '<option value="NULL">-';

This line should add NULL parametr to parent_id to the database if we don't choose parent page when I edit my curent page.

But in my database this line adds '0' to parent_id.

Somebody can tell me why?

Thanks a lot for all our community members. It's amazing that we are together and we have opportunity to help each oher.

I understood why! :lol:

I think a lot of people who've downloaded the last Information pages unlimited v1.0 contribution had the same bug as me. So I understood there's a small bug is in the last Freeman's release (added on 18 Feb 2007).

So in your admin directory in information_form.php find the following part of code:

$options = '<option value="NULL">-

and replace it to this:

$options = '<option value="0">-

Close this file and open another one in your catalog/includes/functions directory named information.php.

Find this line:

if (!isset($information_tree[$element['key']]['parent_id'])) {

and replace it to:

if (!isset($information_tree[$element['key']]['parent_id']) || ($information_tree[$element['key']]['parent_id'] == 0)) {

That's all. Now Freeman's last release are without bug which I've found. It works for me. :)

I'm going to repost freeman's release there http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026

Thanks a lot for all our community members. It's amazing that we are together and we have opportunity to help each oher.

Uhh, sorry, there're another one small bug.

Now to show subcategories open catalog/includes/function/informatio.php find this line:

for ( $i = 1; $i < ($count_child+1); $i++ ) {

and replace with this:

for ( $i = 0; $i < ($count_child); $i++ ) {

And now it works for me with subcategories!

To get the TEXT_GREETING_* to work you have to comment out 3 lines in each of the language.php file you are using.

The 3 lines start with this.

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL',

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST'

Delete or change to this

//define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL',

//define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '

//define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST'

• 2 weeks later...

Have just installed this on a fresh OSC site, have 2 small problems, I dont fully understand how to get the \Tiny MCE text editor to show, I downloaded the latest version of tiny mce then uploaded that folder titled timymce to the admin folder of OSC, according to the insructions it should appear in admin, can someone tell ,e where I am going wrong with this.

My other problem is there is no option anywhere to edit the greeting text, here are 2 screen shots.

1st my tiny mce upload location

ftp1sk2.jpg

this is what I see in admin

screenshotcm4.jpg

If I can get the editor to work with image upload working then this will be perfect

Cheers

The new webpage cannot be found...this happens:

http://fullwebchile.cl/Lancer/FILENAME_INFORMATION?info_id=7

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

There might be a typing error in the address.

If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

any suggestions????.thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out how to make this recognize my fck editor, which I have installed.

These instructions don't make sense to me because I can't find any files to rename:

A) Download and install the contribution FCKosc :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,fckosc

B ) Use the files marked to be used if you want to use this WYSIWYG contribution renaming them to .php and you are done!"

Edited by Dhananjaya

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

Hi,

there is another issue

Nothing seem to happen if you try to activate/deactivate the information by click on the bullet in the "Information pages" page.

This is what I've been doing:

In file information_manager.php two new line added

[...]
273 case 'Visible':
+	   $information_id = $_GET['information_id'];
+	   $visible = $_GET['visible'];
274	 if ($visible == '1') {
275		 $vivod=DEACTIVATION_ID_INFORMATION;
276		 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " set visible = '0' where information_id = '" . (int)$information_id . "'");
277	 } 
278	 else {
279		 $vivod=ACTIVATION_ID_INFORMATION;
280		 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " set visible = '1' where information_id = '" . (int)$information_id . "'");
281	 }
282	 $data=tep_get_information_list();
283	 $title="$confirm $vivod $information_id " . SUCCED_INFORMATION . "";
284	 include('information_list.php');
285	 break;
[...]

eZio

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

first sorry for my bad school english :)

i have see the nice contrib and i like it. but after install i have some problems i think in sql ?

after adding code and sql i become in catalog:

1146 - Table 'usr_web1_1.information' doesn't exist

SELECT information_id, information_title, parent_id FROM information WHERE visible='1' and language_id='2' and information_group_id = '1' ORDER BY sort_order

and in Admin:

1146 - Table 'usr_web1_1.information_group' doesn't exist

select information_group_title, locked from information_group where information_group_id = '1'

i have used the follow sql file and alle tables are in phpadmin.

have anyone an idea wahts wrong ?

sorry iam a big noob :)

--

-- Table structure for table `information`

--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `information`;

CREATE TABLE `information` (

`information_id` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

`information_group_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

`information_title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`information_description` text NOT NULL,

`parent_id` int(11) default NULL,

`sort_order` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

`visible` enum('1','0') NOT NULL default '1',

`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`information_id`,`language_id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;

--

-- Table structure for table `information_group`

--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `information_group`;

CREATE TABLE `information_group` (

`information_group_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`information_group_title` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

`information_group_description` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`sort_order` int(5) default NULL,

`visible` int(1) default '1',

`locked` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (`information_group_id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `information_group`

--

INSERT INTO `information_group` (`information_group_id`, `information_group_title`, `information_group_description`, `sort_order`, `visible`, `locked`) VALUES (1, 'Information pages', 'Information pages', 1, 1, '');

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again,

Sorry to be a pain the arse! I just installed the latest version (Information Pages Unlimited v2.04 with patch). Got it up and running on first go. Pretty simple. Thank.

Now for the however - I can create a new page without a problem. Its when i go back into that page to edit it comes up blank. Its def saving to the database. I can see the entry within MyPHPAdmin etc... and it comes up within the site. Its just not retreating the entry from the database to edit.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with 2.04?

Thanks!

P.S Love the TinyMCE detection script!

Hello All,

I have been using Information Pages Unlimited for some time now and am very pleased with it.

However, I need to create a new infobox with different pages in. Basically, I need one infobox for 5 'company information' pages, and a second infobox which contains some articles I have written to help my customers.

I want to be able to do this from information pages unlimited. Is this possible? Does anybody have any ideas?

Kind Regards

Nick

IPUV Column_Right call? - Extraneous space to page right side

It appears to me there is a column_right call in info pages I can't track down.

ex:http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/information.php?info_id=6

On my site, I have defeated column_right in all cases, until added IPUV.

The void on the right side of the info-page is adding a scroll bar in the browsers, IF I add a java menu within the info page.

Leave out the java menu, and no scroll bar (still have about 175px of void on the right tho)

Any insight on where to remove the reference would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am using Custom Nav Bar which creates a system of Tabs at the top of the page. I then set each tab to link to a certain page. I am using Info Pages to create pages but I am unable to successfully link them to the tabs.

The tabs use the following code:

<td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION); ?>">  <?php echo (((basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_INFORMATION)) ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'techcorneron.gif', 'Tech Corner') : tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'techcorneroff.gif', 'Tech Corner')); ?></a></td>

What I don't know how to do is set it up so that it links to the particular info_id that I want and still have is pass the session ID so that the cart info isn't lost.

How would I do this?

Thanks

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

Installed IPU on PHP5/MySQL5 with register_globals=off. Very nice!

If you already use SPAW2 Html Editor, update admin/information_form.php in line 94

from

tep_draw_textarea_field

to this

tep_draw_textarea_field1

Thanks to yoja for posting the fix for Ultimate SEO URL's here:

http://www.yoja.nl/kb/index.php/Oscommerce...-c-1.html_fixes

Regards,

EricK

I updated today the contribution.

Version 2.04.2

-Better integration of information pages in the osc stock layout. Same layout as privacy, shipping, ...

-Bugfix of WhiteKnight (19 Nov 2007) added

-Added 2 versions of information_form.php: one is if you have FCK editor installed, one is standard without FCK editor.

-Changed instructions about FCK editor integration

-Italian language added

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the contribution. I installed the 11 Jan 2008 version (2.04.2) and it works fine. It even works and plays nicely with STS.

I did encounter one minor problem when adding child information topics. Links to the children topics would appear just as expected in the Info Box, but whenever I clicked on the link to the first child then the links to all child topics for that parent would dissapear. Although the topic information content would appear as expected, the child links would collapse and show only the parent link. This problem occured only for the first child; a click on the links for subsequent children worked just fine.

I'm not an expert at php, but I think I may have found a solution. In the file catalog\includes\functions\information.php, near line 47:

Find:

// Test if a child has been requested and set $parent_child_selected

for ( $i = 1; $i < ($count_child+1); $i++ ) {

Replace with:

// Test if a child has been requested and set $parent_child_selected

for ( $i = 0; $i < ($count_child); $i++ ) {

This seemed to correct the problem for me.

A great contribution! Many thanks for all the work Joeri, Luca and others have put into it.

i installed this contribution.. everything looks great, for one thing.. when I go to make a new page or edit an exisiting one, there is no PREVIEW/INSERT button at the bottom.. Just cancel.. so there's no way for me to save it..

But ONLY in the Information Manager / Welcome message section. I can add and edit and save pages in the Informational Pages column.

And another question.. this doesn't automatically add to the information ( Info manager ) box on the main page???

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by sprstudios

i installed this contribution.. everything looks great, for one thing.. when I go to make a new page or edit an exisiting one, there is no PREVIEW/INSERT button at the bottom.. Just cancel.. so there's no way for me to save it..

But ONLY in the Information Manager / Welcome message section. I can add and edit and save pages in the Informational Pages column.

And another question.. this doesn't automatically add to the information ( Info manager ) box on the main page???

Has this happened to anyone else?

I think you missed some point in the installation instructions...

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!