• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net Gateway problem

JB10

QUOTE(palangel @ Aug 6 2005, 03:10 AM)

Hello

It seems there is a problem at osCommerce 2.2 I have installed it, it works well with paypal

When I run a Credit card test it doesn't take me to secure URL for the payment form. When you click the confirm button it takes you to the login page with this folowing URL Address: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Have reinstalled the osCommerce but with same problem at authorize.net M.A.

I have contacted with Authorize.net and they check our setting there they did not find any problem, said that the problem is from shopping cart

I am having the same problem. I think it is because the cart is designed for AIM and we are trying to use the SIM. Does anyone have any Ideas on this problem????

Thanks

JB

Our store is currently converting to osCommerce from Agora, and we too encountered this...

The info sent from osC is handled like a pre-load of the SIM fields by the gateway. Most likely culprit is in your Authorize.net Settings and Profile - Payment Form - Form Fields setup. Check to ensure you have not "Required" a field which you have not already collected. The fields sent can be found in includes/modules/payment/authorizente.php - look for "$process_button_string"; the fields-sent are the "X_???" variables. Also, set your "Receipt/Response URL" to osCommerce/catalog/checkout_process.php. This did the trick for us - didn't have to worry about all of the other "receipt" and "Relay" stuff.

Have Fun...

Just today, I started having troubles with Authorize.net, too. No credit card requests seem to be sent to Authorize.net (i.e., the help folks there couldn't find -any- transactions posted from today).

After checkout, I get redirected back to the payment form with a red notice that says (vaguely): "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." Nothing on the site has changed in months.

Any ideas? How do I access the error returned from Authorize.net? The folks there said they couldn't help me without this information and it seems osC doesn't maintain a log of this.

Our store is currently converting to osCommerce from Agora, and we too encountered this...

The info sent from osC is handled like a pre-load of the SIM fields by the gateway. Most likely culprit is in your Authorize.net Settings and Profile - Payment Form - Form Fields setup. Check to ensure you have not "Required" a field which you have not already collected. The fields sent can be found in includes/modules/payment/authorizente.php - look for "$process_button_string"; the fields-sent are the "X_???" variables. Also, set your "Receipt/Response URL" to osCommerce/catalog/checkout_process.php. This did the trick for us - didn't have to worry about all of the other "receipt" and "Relay" stuff.

Have Fun...

i'm trying to configure authorize.net now, where do you find your receipt/response URL to change it to?

Hi everyone,

I was having the same error and have solved it. I printed out the error codes from authorize.net and back tracked to figure out that the error was taking place since the hour changed. Since authorize.net is based on GMT and our time offset between GMT and us in the US has now changed, the time stamp is not being recognized. Just decrement 3600 from your timestamp in the authorize.net module and all will be well. Just remember to put it back later. I am working on a more permanent fix and will add it as a contribution sometime soon.

Gael

Hi everyone,

I was having the same error and have solved it. I printed out the error codes from authorize.net and back tracked to figure out that the error was taking place since the hour changed. Since authorize.net is based on GMT and our time offset between GMT and us in the US has now changed, the time stamp is not being recognized. Just decrement 3600 from your timestamp in the authorize.net module and all will be well. Just remember to put it back later. I am working on a more permanent fix and will add it as a contribution sometime soon.

Gael

Interesting... I came up with a better option -- I switched shopping carts. While I like the idea of open source osC, the mantra holds true -- "it's only free if you value your time at nothing".

I'm being a bit harsh, but the struggle of installing even basic "plugins" by hand-making 30 modifications to PHP code that had already been changed three or four times for other "plugins" was really starting to take a toll on my sanity. I had hoped that the new revs of osC would be out by now, but it seems we're stuck with 2.2MS2 until the White Sox win the ... er..

Edited by Janovetz

Hi everyone,

Gael

Has anyone else found this to work? Recently realized that one of our stores was having this problem. Tried this fixOr h, but it didn't seem to do anything -- I added code to change:

$timestamp = time ();

to

$timestamp = time () - 3600;

is this incorrect? Where in authorize.net module does this need changed?

Or has anyone else tried something and gotten it fixed?

Thanks!

I am having a problem with Authorize.Net as well. Everything was working fine until a little after 1PM PST yesterday.

Now, after clicking to confirm the order, all I get is "There has been an error connecting to Authorize.net."

Username and password have not changed.

Any clues???

I am having a problem with Authorize.Net as well. Everything was working fine until a little after 1PM PST yesterday.

Now, after clicking to confirm the order, all I get is "There has been an error connecting to Authorize.net."

Username and password have not changed.

Any clues???

I'd recommend upgrading from SIM to AIM. I had problems with connects primarily because I understand that the SIM method isn?t as reliable. I wouldn't blame OsCommerce. As credit card fraud becomes more prevalent, merchants need to upgrade their software to stay on top. Authorize.net has recommended this upgrade for a while, although they support both (More Info).

I found the upgrade made my transactions more reliable.

I'd recommend the following contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1453

I'd recommend upgrading from SIM to AIM. I had problems with connects primarily because I understand that the SIM method isn?t as reliable. I wouldn't blame OsCommerce. As credit card fraud becomes more prevalent, merchants need to upgrade their software to stay on top. Authorize.net has recommended this upgrade for a while, although they support both (More Info).

I found the upgrade made my transactions more reliable.

I'd recommend the following contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1453

That link only led me to:

"No contribution packages found."

Is another way to find it?

Thanks!

:D :D :D :D

as you can tell i am kinda happy right now

Hello all... for all of you haveing problems with the authorize.net module I just finished installing a contrubution that is on the os commerce site. It works 100 % wish paypal did... going to work on that next. However I digress... here is the module name

Authorizenet ADC Direct Connection

after completing the installation instructions and updateing your files it will be good to go.

:thumbsup:

lates and good tweeking to ya all

Just today, I started having troubles with Authorize.net, too. No credit card requests seem to be sent to Authorize.net (i.e., the help folks there couldn't find -any- transactions posted from today).

After checkout, I get redirected back to the payment form with a red notice that says (vaguely): "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again." Nothing on the site has changed in months.

Any ideas? How do I access the error returned from Authorize.net? The folks there said they couldn't help me without this information and it seems osC doesn't maintain a log of this.

I added code myself to output this to the error_log on my server -- and it turns out in my case they were giving me a 'The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.'.

In finally talking to a tech on their end, somehow the types of credit cards the store would accept set in the profile authorize.net keeps on their end had been set to only 'JCB' (whatever that is). So it was dumping all other credit cards.

We did not request the change, and have no idea what happened, but have the suspicion that the problem was caused by some kind of error on their end. We have to have the actual store owner call and request that this be reset.

So -- maybe this happened to you as well.

I added code myself to output this to the error_log on my server -- and it turns out in my case they were giving me a 'The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.'.

In finally talking to a tech on their end, somehow the types of credit cards the store would accept set in the profile authorize.net keeps on their end had been set to only 'JCB' (whatever that is). So it was dumping all other credit cards.

We did not request the change, and have no idea what happened, but have the suspicion that the problem was caused by some kind of error on their end. We have to have the actual store owner call and request that this be reset.

So -- maybe this happened to you as well.

That is strange -- we ended up switching shopping carts and the error went away. The new shopping cart used the same Auth.net settings. Cards went through just fine. It seems specific to osC.

That is strange -- we ended up switching shopping carts and the error went away. The new shopping cart used the same Auth.net settings. Cards went through just fine. It seems specific to osC.

Well, then I assume we weren't having the same problem. :) In our case, this was in NO way related to osCommerce - I even asked the authorize.net tech if some misconfiguration of our shopping cart could have caused this, but it seems that you actually have to call and request this kind of change.

The unfortunate thing is that there are quite a few specific errors that authorize.net may return, but the output to the store is a standard error message in osCommerce, not the actual error authorize.net returned. The store admin may track those actual errors somehow which I didn't notice, but in my case I didn't get to the point of finding out the cause until I added code to log it.

So, in my case, I am going to try and add better code to store those error codes from authorize.net, or email them to me, when they occur -- since in my case the problem seems to be due to a mistake on the authorize.net side can't be sure it won't reoccur. Especially since they didn't seem concerned with tracking down why the setting was changed without our request.

Iam using theAuthorize.net Consolidated v1.7 by Austin519 and I am getting the error message below.

The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings.

I did contact my hosting company to recompile Curl for me and they have done that. Any help out there.

Sincerely,

Jeffery Schenk <_<

Has anyone figured this out yet. I am so frustrated. I am unable to find any new modules that should work for this. Any thing new?

Has anyone figured this out yet. I am so frustrated. I am unable to find any new modules that should work for this. Any thing new?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the provious blank post ...

Here's the solution in my case for the "There has been an error processing your credit card - please try again" message ...

It turns out my hosting provider rebooted the server and didn't bother telling me that the server time got messed up - off by some 40 minutes. The lag in time caused Authorize.net to reject each transaction - apparently there's a 15-minute grace window, and if auth.net's time is off from your server's time by more than 15 min., then the transaction goes into a black hole. Seems like there would be a much friendlier way to deal with that, you would think ...

Anyway, don't know why I didn't notice the time discrepancy earlier, but once I did - I jumped on it and got the hosting people to reset the server time. Voila - auth.net started getting transactions, and no more weird error messages.

Hope this helps -

-Bob

Bob,

Yes I used to get that also. The customer would actually have a transaction in authorize.net however there would be that red bar at the top of my site. Change the code in authorize_direct.php to just authorize only. Also check in your setting with authorize you should no have any redirect pages listed and one direct connect page which is checkout_process.php. I changed it back to this way and I no longer get the error.

I am working on a way so that you don?t have to go to authorize.net to capture the funds. I have not yet found where the bug is, however he can not hide forever. It is probably something simple and I am staring right at it, however so far it eludes me.

Lates

Pendar

Has anyone actually gotten AIM to work with oscommerce yet? I've been working all day and night, trying every single contribution but none of them work. I always return "There has been an error connecting to Authorize.net". I even used a bypass that replaces the cURL functions with PHP with no luck.

Mine is a red line with this :There was an error processing your credit card ():

I will try the above workarounds and then call Authorize.net. Hope someone has success and it doesn't elude you Pendar. :D

Mine is a red line with this :There was an error processing your credit card ():

I will try the above workarounds and then call Authorize.net. Hope someone has success and it doesn't elude you Pendar. :D

Ok, calling Authorize.net , I got Visa and Mastercard to work when I went into Settings and got a new transaction key and then put it in the OSC .

However, that did not work with Amex and Discover. :huh: