• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net Gateway problem

JB10

Mine is a red line with this :There was an error processing your credit card ():

I will try the above workarounds and then call Authorize.net. Hope someone has success and it doesn't elude you Pendar. :D

Ok, calling Authorize.net , I got Visa and Mastercard to work when I went into Settings and got a new transaction key and then put it in the OSC .

However, that did not work with Amex and Discover. :huh:

---------------

Update, ok I just talked to the Authorize.net guy and he said that Amex and Discover are turned off by default on thier end because Amex and Discover require you to fill out extra paperwork to sign up to thier credit networks. He said once they get the go ahead that it has been done and then you call Authorize.net back and then they turn which either and/or both has been signed up to those credit networks. From that point you go in using the Contrib 1.7 in the Admin panel of the OSC admin and then click those boxes. :)

Mine is a red line with this :There was an error processing your credit card ():

I will try the above workarounds and then call Authorize.net. Hope someone has success and it doesn't elude you Pendar. :D

Ok, calling Authorize.net , I got Visa and Mastercard to work when I went into Settings and got a new transaction key and then put it in the OSC .

However, that did not work with Amex and Discover. :huh:

---------------

Update, ok I just talked to the Authorize.net guy and he said that Amex and Discover are turned off by default on thier end because Amex and Discover require you to fill out extra paperwork to sign up to thier credit networks. He said once they get the go ahead that it has been done and then you call Authorize.net back and then they turn which either and/or both has been signed up to those credit networks. From that point you go in using the Contrib 1.7 in the Admin panel of the OSC admin and then click those boxes. :)

Hope this helps anyone!! He just sent me an email with detailed instructions (see italics below):

The first step to adding a new credit card (such as American Express or Discover) is to obtain an account directly with the card provider. You can obtain an account by contacting the card company directly:

American Express - (800) 528 2121

Diners Club - (800) 525 9040

Discover/Novus - (800) 347 1111

JCB - (800) 522 9345

You can also apply for the card type through your Merchant Service Provider. Your Merchant Service Provider is the company who sends merchant statements each month detailing transaction totals, discount fees, etc. Your Merchant Service Provider will be able to make the necessary arrangements and updates with your Payment Processor to enable you to accept a new type of credit card. If you have applied for your account directly through the card provider, you will need to provide your merchant number for that card to your Merchant Service Provider, so they can update your Payment Processing account.

After these updates are made, please check in your Authorize.Net Virtual Terminal to see if the new credit card is active on your account. Accepted credit cards will be listed in the Credit Card Information section.

- Click Virtual Terminal

If the new credit card is not listed, please contact us to have it activated by replying to this e-mail message. Or we can be reached at this toll-free number:

(877) 447-3938

Authorize.Net Customer Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Will help you add the new credit card to your Authorize.Net account. Please note that it is very important to follow this procedure. Adding a new credit card type to your Authorize.Net account without completing the steps listed above can cause errors in your credit card settlements.

Thank you for contacting our customer service group.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you in the future.