• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Paypal module checkout process can't complete

fusion

Hi,

i too am having problems with the basic paypal module.

However, i don't think it's really the paypal module problem.

The problem is this:

1. After checkout confirmation, customer is sent to paypal page.

2. Person clicks the "return to merchant" button ( i checked this page's html code, it is set to return to checkout_process with the session id)

3. Person is redirected to checkout_process page, but is redirected to log-in page. ( checkout_success.php is not reached. no orders recorded as well, bec. checkout process is not completed)

I suspect it's bec. of this line of code from checkout_process:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Any suggestions on what to check to solve this problem?

I've searched all over this forum but couldn't find an answer. I've tried turning on and off the cache, but not sure if i m doing it correctly bec. i don't know how to setup the directory for the cache.

I haven't tried auto return, bec. the paypal account is not used just for one website (i.e. different websites of selling but one paypal account.)

thanks

Im having the same problems. During the order confirmation, once payment has been sent via paypal, the order is deleted. No order exists however payment has been received.

It wouldnt be a problem if my customers were UK based only as I am using Nochex, however we are starting to receive orders from the US, I really need paypal to work. Can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...
The problem is this:

1. After checkout confirmation, customer is sent to paypal page.

2. Person clicks the "return to merchant" button ( i checked this page's html code, it is set to return to checkout_process with the session id)

3. Person is redirected to checkout_process page, but is redirected to log-in page. ( checkout_success.php is not reached. no orders recorded as well, bec. checkout process is not completed)

I'm having exactly the same issue. On the page at PayPal, I can even copy the return code out of the source and enter it in a browser's location bar and actually successfully record the order, but if I click the "Return to Merchant" button, it redirects to the login page.

I'd love to see a solution to this problem...

I'm having exactly the same issue. On the page at PayPal, I can even copy the return code out of the source and enter it in a browser's location bar and actually successfully record the order, but if I click the "Return to Merchant" button, it redirects to the login page.

I'd love to see a solution to this problem...

Well, I think I found the solution in the PayPal Developer Support Forums:

http://paypaldev.org/post.asp?method=Reply...743&FORUM_ID=10

Looks like the rm variable is the culprit. Once I set this to 2 by adding the following line to paypal.php (immediately after the line setting the return hidden field):

tep_draw_hidden_field('rm', 2) .

it worked!

WOW and Hallelujah!

I've been scouring the forum for almost two days now, literally hours of following threads, looking for a solution to the identical problem. I don't know yet what other pitfalls may result from that setting, but for now it looks like I can go live after all!

Thanks for your persistence in finding a solution, man!

Troy

PS - I've posted your solution, and given you credit, as a contribution in the Payments section titled "Making PayPal Return Order Data".

Well, I think I found the solution in the PayPal Developer Support Forums:

http://paypaldev.org/post.asp?method=Reply...743&FORUM_ID=10

Looks like the rm variable is the culprit. Once I set this to 2 by adding the following line to paypal.php (immediately after the line setting the return hidden field):

it worked!

it worked!

Hi tfo!

Thanks man!

I tried this the other day! yes, it worked...can't believe it's just related to the get or post method.

This really helped me alot!

At least now, there's no more need to debug upto the session functions.

thanks again!

PS. Hi troyjoy. ya, everyone should hear about this solution.

This is the real solution to the paypal problem!

• 7 months later...

I've been using this for a while, but now it doesn't leave the item number, just all the attributes. I had added a different contribution and had to go back in and re-add this. It's been since then that I don't get the item number. Also, even when it did give me the item number i still didn't get the full order if they ordered more than one decal. It would show the first item number with the attributes, but then run out of room if there was more than one item ordered. Is there any way to make sure and get the item listed before the attributes? and add more room for a bigger order?