• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

which is the best checkout contribution for allowing purchase without an account?

Jimster_s

Fast Easy Checkout changes the whole checkout process so it is shorter. Purchase without account uses the standard setup. If you just want the option of PWA, then install it since it is much easier than installing Fast Easy Checkout.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks

dont you run into errors if a customer uses the checkout without an account and then wants to buy something else say in a day or so? isnt there email address already stored on your site but without an account?

once they have purchased without an account can they then create an account?

i would have though the best idea would be to have it all in one, they checkout and when it asks for their detials it also asks for email address and a password and creates them an account on the fly without going through extra steps?

thanks

dont you run into errors if a customer uses the checkout without an account and then wants to buy something else say in a day or so? isnt there email address already stored on your site but without an account?

i would have though the best idea would be to have it all in one, they checkout and when it asks for their detials it also asks for email address and a password and creates them an account on the fly without going through extra steps?

From what you describe i would think one of these 2 is the right one for you.

1. New faster checkout 1.1

Easy install, just drop in and overwrite a few files, this one keeps the system as it is, but removes 2 steps from the checkout process.

or..

2. .More Logical Checkout v1.0

Fairly easy install, this one also removes 2 steps from the checkout process.

thanks

The idea of Purchase without Account is that the customer does not have to create an account. So if they come back in a day or two, they have to start all over. They can create an account whenever they want. If it asks for a password and creates an account, then that is not Purchase without Account. That is just the regular purchase with account.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks for the replies and ill take a look at them 2 contribs they sound good.

now for the purchase without an account, do you run into any problems if a customer purchases without an account and then comes back the next day and purchases without an account again? i tried a demo of somebodys on here and i came across a problem with the system saying that my email address was already registered from a previous order.

if a customer purchases without an account can you still send them emails as the store owner through the admin section and do they get updates when you change the status of the order from say pending to dispatched? do they also stay in the admin section as a customer even though they dont have an account?

if a customer purchases without an account can you still send them emails as the store owner through the admin section and do they get updates when you change the status of the order from say pending to dispatched? do they also stay in the admin section as a customer even though they dont have an account?
You can only send emails to customers with accounts. PWA customers don't have accounts so you cannot email them, in the normal way.

They will get an update since their email is stored with the order and that is what's used.

Only customers with accounts are listed in the customers section of admin. People using PWA don't have accounts.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons