The e-commerce.

PayPal Website Payments Pro - v0.1

pbreit

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright... my first post on this forum:

I'm pretty new to all this, but I think I've been fairly successful in setting up my cart, modifying layout, customizing, buttons, text, etc...

It took me a couple of hours to get all the API stuff worked out (PayPal interfacing with my cart), but everything is running smoothly now. I took my catalog from the PayPal Sandbox to live last Saturday, and everything is working really well. Orders are being placed, and we're getting the money... so I'm pleased. B)

There seem to be a lot of negative "it doesn't work" language in this thread (especially the person demanding the contribution be pulled :huh: ), but I want to thank pbreit for creating code that I think works great (so: Thanks, pbreit :thumbsup: ). Maybe all the things people were complaining about were fixed recently? (I installed the contribution Dec. 1) Who knows? I do know that it's working great for us.

I do have a couple of questions/suggestions though.

1. The module does not send an e-mail when an order has been placed. This seems like a fairly important feature. I know PayPal sends a note when they've received a payment, but I'd rather not rely soley on PayPal to be notified when the site gets an order. Plus, if an e-mail was sent with the order information (customer address, shipping method, and what they purchased) my client could have an employee fill the order and make it ready for shipping without having to let that employee access the admin portion of the website or the PayPal account. This would be great. (This is my biggest "pretty please" for pbreit).

2. The items are not shown on the PayPal order. The only information PayPal receives is the total amount for the order. Is this something that could be changed, so that the PayPal order shows what items were purchased? If not, #1 would pretty much solve the need for this feature.

3. Is the issue mentioned previously in this thread, where EC routes the user back to the catalog after taking the user to the PayPal site being addressed? It really is quite confusing for the user when they click "pay," are taken to PayPal, fill out some info, and are taken back to a page on the initial website that they've already been to. Most often the user is going to interpret this as a problem with the checkout. I'm not treating this as a super-high priority, as I think most of my users will be using Credit Cards and not their PayPal account, but it definitely is a confusing "glitch" for users who do use the PayPal EC.

All in all, this has been a great contribution for us so far. It seems that a larger number of people jumped onto dynamoeffects PayPal Website Payments Pro contribution (judging by the activity on that support thread), but after looking at the setup for that one and the setup for pbreit's, pbreit's was clearly the easier install. As a newb, I really appreciate the ease with which these modules can be implemented.

Thanks again, pbreit for a job well done.

Have you checked your settings for receiving notification when there's orders? I have set up my paypal, and I am receiving email notification of what they've order along with a paypal notification when orders are made.

Notifications on the PayPal site or on the osCommerce admin panel? I don't see any place to configure notification on the osCommerce admin panel, and the PayPal notifications only give a total for the purchase (not the itemized purchase order).

I also forgot to mention in my original post: the customer is not sent an e-mail receipt or notification when they complete the sale. A customer is sent a welcome e-mail when they sign up for an account. They should also be sent an e-mail when they complete a transaction, letting them know that their payment was received and what items they purchased (as a receipt of sale). Is this something we can look forward to in the future, pbreit? --never mind on the customer verify e-mail. I see that the customer is sent an e-mail via the main osCommerce code when you process the order.

Edited by zoltar

Patrick, I installed the contribution. But it is not working. What I did so far :

1. Created a verified account on paypal sandbox

2. On sanbox requested a certificate by navigating to profile->API Certificate Information

3. Saved the certificate under catagory/paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt

4. using the oscommerce admin->module->payment started configuring the paypal pro setup

4a. API Certificate File : catagory/paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt

4b. API Username : Provided by paypal when requesting the certificate from sandbox

4c. API Password : Provide to paypal when requesting the certificate from sandbox

4d. PayPal BN ? What is it. I left it to the default value "OSCommerce-2.2MS2"

4f. IPN Notification URL

Error when clicked on confirm order on http://all4discount.com/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

using express checkout customer is transfered to paypal sandbox website. Error displayed is "

"Authorization Failed

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."

I am also experiencing problem with checking out with credit card. Error message "(2030) Unable to find API certificate file."

I have done all of this as well but I'm still getting (2030) Unable to find API certificate file.'

What is the final solution to this riddle?

I installed this contribution and it appeared to work perfectly - just follow the READ ME and read this forum. As stated many times in other posts - you need a paypal sandbox account to test with - its free and helpful. I have to admit its not that clear cut as to how the sandbox functions... but its basicaly full blown paypal but not live - which sometimes is confusing.

My only problem with this is that i have the CCGV (Credit Class and Gift Voucher) loaded - AWESOME! When my test user enters a coupon code, it totals correctly in my store, then processes the order via WPP v0.1 and says order was successfull. then i look to see the confirmation email from my store to the test user and its correct. BUT paypal did not get the correct total - it got the full total WITH OUT discount. so the user who bought a $10 item enters a code for 50% off thinks he paid $5 for the item - not so. Paypal processed the order as $10 not $5.

PROBLEM:

how to get this module to send the total after discounts to paypal?

Thanks!

I'm having a problem with this module that I can't figure out how to debug...

I'm not getting any error messages at all - I enter CC data at checkout_payment.php, confirm everything in checkout_confirmation.php, but when I confirm the order, I get sent back to checkout_payment.php, and my credit card number is gone. No error messages, no money in my account, and (someone please correct me) there is no logging or other output that would help me debug this.

I'll be happy to share details, but I believe I have everything in the admin console configured correctly.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

cleger

I installed this today (PayPal Website Payments Pro - v0.1) and it took me less than a minute. The only problem I had was the paypal sandbox won't work even if I followed the detailed step by step procedure. After trying it for about 2 hours I gave up and tried it on live and it worked!!

Before you set this up make sure you have done the following.

You have to apply for the website pro in paypal.

1 Sign up for Business Account.

2 Verify your information.

3 Apply for Website Payments Pro.

4 Set up the solution. Implement Website Payments Pro

TO create an API certificate do this.:

Sign in to your paypal account.

Click on the My Account tab

Click the Profile subtab

Click the API Access link in the Account Information column

Click the API Certificate Request link

Complete the sign up form

Click Continue

Confirm that all fields are correct and click Generate Certificate

You can download your certificate immediately

Use this contribution from pbreit. Thank you so much for this!! Once you download the file unzip it and you'll see the step by step on how to install this. Make sure you back up every file that you are going to replace incase this doesn't work for you.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3716

This is my setup for Paypal Express Checkout:

PayPal Express Checkout

Enable PayPal Express Checkout Module

True

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Processing

Sort order of display.

Transaction Mode

Live

API Certificate File

paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt

API Username

paypal_api1.testing.com

API Password

password_I_created_with_Paypal

PayPal BN

OSCommerce-2.2MS2

Payment Action

Sale

IPN Notification URL

Not_sure_if I need to put my e-mail but I did it anyway.

Enable cURL Library

True

cURL Path

/usr/bin/curl

SETUp for:

Includes Both Direct Pay and Express Checkout Methods.

Enable Website Payments Pro Module

True

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Processing

Sort order of display.

Transaction Mode

Live

API Certificate File

paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt

PI Username

paypal_api1.testing.com

API Password

password_I_created_with_Paypal

PayPal BN

OSCommerce-2.2MS2

IPN Notification URL

my email i think. <-- correct me if I'm wrong please.

Payment Action

Sale

Enable cURL Library

True

cURL Path

/usr/bin/curl

I hope this helps a little bit so far mine is working. If you would like to test it you have to buy a song download for $1 to see how it works. I have been looking for somebody that can offer to test but it looks like the bug is in the test environment. Since you are testing a live ecommerce store sorry I can't refund your money. Thanks..

http://test.pinoy-radio.com/product_info.p...products_id=204

Patrick - I have followed your instructions and been through them 5 times to recheck my work but I still have a problem. I am still getting the Authorization failed on the Express Checkout option.

COuld it be that I have incorrectly defined the DIR_FS_CATALOG path in configure.php? I am a bit unsure about what to put in

as I am hostingmy site on Netfirms I have put the following:

mywebname (no www or http)/www/otm/nfoscomm/catalog

do I need to put in the word home as per the example?

I am assuming the 'yoursite' is just the ebay of www.ebay.com for example

I would really appreciate your help

First off,

Patrick, do you have a site with a store that one can DONATE $ to you? If so, please send me the URL, because even though you haven't helped me yet, I still feel that you have helped ALOT of people to make money an easy way by making this contrib. So a donation is more then all one can do. Because I dont think you actually GET PAID for being involved with the ongoing development of OSC. And I would like to make a Donation to you for all of you skill and time spent. :thumbsup:

Next, I have the same question and problem that 2 other people have in these 4 pages.

I have set up a Sand box account. EVERYTHING is in order on the admin side. (as you stated in the README file) API, everything.

Here is my problem:

After I check the Payment Method to use Credit Card, and I use the info in the README file, I click process, I get sent to the Order Confirmation page, then I click Confirm Order, there is a slight pause and then I get sent straight back to the Payment Information page with the Shipping Address and Payment Method, with no CC numbers. It just loops straight back.

Then, if I use the Paypal Express Option under Payment Method, I get sent to a Sand Box page that has this error:

Authorization Failed

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.

I seriously have no IDEA where to start, what to check, or what to do. I read all of the post in these 4, 2 different times, and I can't find anything that has some options to fix this.

Please let me know, and I truly thank you in advance.

My store is here http://www.monvalleylive.com/ornamentoutlet

First off,

Patrick, do you have a site with a store that one can DONATE $ to you? If so, please send me the URL, because even though you haven't helped me yet, I still feel that you have helped ALOT of people to make money an easy way by making this contrib. So a donation is more then all one can do. Because I dont think you actually GET PAID for being involved with the ongoing development of OSC. And I would like to make a Donation to you for all of you skill and time spent. :thumbsup:

Next, I have the same question and problem that 2 other people have in these 4 pages.

I have set up a Sand box account. EVERYTHING is in order on the admin side. (as you stated in the README file) API, everything.

Here is my problem:

After I check the Payment Method to use Credit Card, and I use the info in the README file, I click process, I get sent to the Order Confirmation page, then I click Confirm Order, there is a slight pause and then I get sent straight back to the Payment Information page with the Shipping Address and Payment Method, with no CC numbers. It just loops straight back.

Then, if I use the Paypal Express Option under Payment Method, I get sent to a Sand Box page that has this error:

Authorization Failed

This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow.

I seriously have no IDEA where to start, what to check, or what to do. I read all of the post in these 4, 2 different times, and I can't find anything that has some options to fix this.

Please let me know, and I truly thank you in advance.

My store is here http://www.monvalleylive.com/ornamentoutlet

Also, I dont know if this helps, but the URL of the sandbox error page is: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...checkout&token=

I am getting this error:

(2060) Unable to locate cURL binary (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_CURL_PATH).

I have done the following:

1. Installed and read the README for Paypal web payments pro by Patrick

2. Checked with my host to make sure that the path is usr/bin/curl

3. Checked that curl and openssl are installed

any ideas?

Hi Patrick,

Ok I have gotten a little further. Now I am getting the following error

(10520) The transaction was refused because the amount totals of the order do not match. Review the amounts of the transaction and resubmit.

I think I am getting close.

David

I am getting same error. Were you able to fix this? I guess the tax calculation is the problem here. Where tax is calculated on sigle item . and while sending amount paypal tax is calculated on subtotal. For some order there is a difference of 1 cent due to truncating dollar amount to 2 decimal from 4.

Please let me know fix if you know.

Thanks

Also, I dont know if this helps, but the URL of the sandbox error page is: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...checkout&token=

Also, if anyone would know, could this problem be caused by the WSDL files being placed at 2 different locations (URL's) in compareson to a LIVE Store and a Sandbox Testing Store.

Do the XML files with the Paypal WPP Mod aim to the LIVE Store URL's for the WSDL Files?

ANNNNNNNY Thoughts or help is TRULY appriciated.

Thanks,

Ron

:'( :( I Think Pat Died. :( :'(

I Hope to goodness he didn't. And really I'm teasing. But at the same time, I havn't seen any post here by him FOR A WHILE, and he really is the main one that can help anyone, cause he created it.

But people, there is another version of this MOD, a different contrib. from dynamoeffects.

I havn't tryed it yet, but there seems to be ALOT of help and action. You can read some here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp/t174981.html

SOLUTION?

I kept getting the "To access the PayPal Sandbox, please log in to PayPal Developer Central" error when using EC but not while using WPP.

Then just to check that my account was working, I logged into the sandbox with the link provided. Sure enough my account was valid.

Then I tested EC again and it worked as expected this time.

The issue seems to be that you have to be logged into the sandbox outside of OSC in order for EC to work.

I think.

Greetings, overall I think this module has worked very well. I have had few problems integrating and have even used it live (testing at this point) to send some money to my business account. However I have found a bug, that I wanted to let you know about. If I find a solution I'll post that later to.

BUG: Tax on Shipping not transmitted to PayPal.

I live in NY where we actually have to charge tax on shipping. I have it so my OSC cart puts the tax on the shipping and shows it in the user total, however when I went to check paypal to look at the payment received, I noticed it did not include the tax on the shipping. Is there someway to enable this?

BUG: Tax on Shipping not transmitted to PayPal.

I live in NY where we actually have to charge tax on shipping. I have it so my OSC cart puts the tax on the shipping and shows it in the user total, however when I went to check paypal to look at the payment received, I noticed it did not include the tax on the shipping. Is there someway to enable this?

I figured out the solution to this problem for anyone else who might experience this problem.

This section:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

must be processed BEFORE this section:

$payment_modules->before_process();

In the distributed file it is after.

I just noticed and fixed a display error on shopping_cart.php. The WPP modified version breaks the display and puts the rightmost column at the bottom of the page on the left.

I moved the </td></tr> tags from line 202 and 203 and moved them to below the <?php } ?> on line 224 so it now looks like this:

</table><!--</td> these two close tags get moved to below

</tr>-->

<?php if(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS == 'True' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_STATUS == 'True') { ?>

<?php } ?>

</td><!-- these two close tags get moved from above-->

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

Regarding the error:

(2030) Unable to find API certificate file.

I poked around and discovered that this is a problem with using:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

in /catalog/includes/configure.php.

It was corrupting the path when it was called from some of the scripts, making it look for C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/mywebsite.com/catalog/paypal_wpp/includes/paypal_wpp/certs/cert_key_pem.txt.

Instead I changed it to:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/mywebsite.com/catalog/');

And it works fine now.

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting this error:

(2060) Unable to locate cURL binary (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_CURL_PATH).

I have done the following:

1. Installed and read the README for Paypal web payments pro by Patrick

2. Checked with my host to make sure that the path is usr/bin/curl

3. Checked that curl and openssl are installed

any ideas?

Did anyone ever come up with anything for this issue? I have the exact same problem. I've checked with my host and they assure me that the path "urs/bin/curl" is correct.

Not sure what else to do. The problem occurs when I click the "Checkout with PayPal" button.

So after a big of poking around it looks like in the certificate path is set with $paypal['certificate_file']=DIR_FS_CATALOG . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_CERT_FILE;

when i echo that it ends up creating something like "catalogcert_key_pem.txt" but if I change it to $paypal['certificate_file']=DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_CERT_FILE;

I then get MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_PROCESS_ERROR. Maybe this helps find a solution?

Thanks!

Amit