osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Website Payments Pro - v0.1

pbreit

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed The Paypal Pro module and am getting the following error (10509) The IP address is missing.

Has anyone had this error and has corrected it?

Any help is appreciated.

I installed The Paypal Pro module and am getting the following error (10509) The IP address is missing.

Has anyone had this error and has corrected it?

Any help is appreciated.

I think this contribution should be pulled. There is no support for it and it does not appear to work.

I installed PayPal Website Payments Pro and I go this when I submit a credit card on the web site:

error_message=10507

Your+account+is+restricted+and+you+do+not+have+permission+to+make+this+API+call.

++Please+contact+PayPal+customer+service

This message is listed in the URL in checkout_payment.php

I am using Sandbox and successfully created the API certificate. API account is also given all the permission in the Paypal profile in API Authorizations.

Any idea?

I installed PayPal Website Payments Pro and I go this when I submit a credit card on the web site:

error_message=10507

Your+account+is+restricted+and+you+do+not+have+permission+to+make+this+API+call.

++Please+contact+PayPal+customer+service

This message is listed in the URL in checkout_payment.php

I am using Sandbox and successfully created the API certificate. API account is also given all the permission in the Paypal profile in API Authorizations.

Any idea?

You also have to enable your account for Website Payments Pro and agree to the $20/month fee. To enroll, click "Merchant Tools" once you are logged in to PayPal. Then click "Website Payments Pro" and find the "Submit application" link on the right side of the page. Complete the application, and your account will be enabled for WPP immediately in the Sandbox, and in about 48 hours on the live site.

Hi Patric,

I am getting a "(10550) Direct Payment has be disabled on this account. Transaction has not been processed"

In the address bar the following.

https://weightlossoasis.com/checkout_paymen...+been+processed.

The paypal works fine.

It is only the Direct payment with the credit card I am having a problem with

Can you help?

Thanks

David

You also have to enable your account for Website Payments Pro and agree to the $20/month fee. To enroll, click "Merchant Tools" once you are logged in to PayPal. Then click "Website Payments Pro" and find the "Submit application" link on the right side of the page. Complete the application, and your account will be enabled for WPP immediately in the Sandbox, and in about 48 hours on the live site.

I definetly did that. Otherwise I would not be able to create API certificate and account. Even I gave the authorization to the account that I created.

So I do not know what I am supposed to do further in Paypal profile.

The shopping cart is available at:

https://www.dianenuma.com/shop1/index.php

You can order an item to see the problem. I was using this test credit info:

Credit Card Number:

4072 4972 0889 7267

Expiration Date:

12/09

CCV: 000

Again it's a sandbox box, so it won't be a real transaction. It's not working anyways.

I think I've found a bug or two. Here's what I've found over the last few days of testing this module throughly. I've been testing this all in the sandbox and my site is not yet live for production.

1. I've had no problems installing the module and getting it to call PP and return to my shopping cart for both cc payments and the EC payments via PP.

2. The "bugs" I've encountered are only related to the Express Checkout feature. They are as follows;

A) When I disable the EC module in the admin panel, I still get the EC button just below the shopping cart contents during initial checkout. If this is clicked, it will take you all the way through the process to the point of the payment selection. The problem is that the module has been "disabled" and so at this point, you can no longer select it as an option, even though you clicked the option on a previous page. You are now forced to select another payment option. I haven't researched and did not notice any anamolies on the PP side regarding this.

B) In every single case of using the EC module, the shipping address chosen in OSC is overridden by the PP process. In addition, OSC adds the new address. I've not found anyway to disallow PP to change the address since this could potentially screw up the delivery of an order, shipping it to the wrong address. I discovered this when I found that my PP profile primary address became the shipping address on the order even though I specified a different ship-to in OSC prior to starting the EC checkout process.

C) The OSC checkout process allows the buyer to select shipping, then payment options. If the buyer selects EC as the payment option after selecting the shipping option, the above process takes place BUT the buyer is returned BACK to the shipping page to select the ship method yet again. Then, once again, they are asked to select a payment method. It should skip this step altogether because both the ship AND payment method have already been selected.

D) As in the above, the OSC checkout process allows the buyer to select shipping, then payment options. It then takes the buyer to an order confirmation which, in my test case, properly displayed the correct tax amount for a taxable goods item and tax zone. HOWEVER, when using the EC payment option, they go through the described process as above and when given the second order confirmation page (remember, I've found that the process goes around the shipping, payment and confirmation circle TWICE when using EC), it loses the tax amount. Subsequently, this amount is never passed to PP as part of the charge. Now, I'm not collecting sales tax in my payments received according to PP.

Try it yourself by going to http://www.rainbowfullofsound.com/.

I'd love to fix this so I can use this module because it works flawlessly with the CC payments. With PP such a popular option, I want the EC availability as well.

Help?

I also found this snippet of code in the ec/return.php file of the WPP module;

if (tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) { tep_session_unregister('shipping'); }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

Seems like what it's saying is "If the buyer has already selected a ship method, get rid of it and send him back to select it again or pick another." Shouldn't it read "If the buyer has already selected a ship method and since we already know the pay method, keep both and send the buyer to the order confirmation page (and don't forget to bring the tax amount, if any)"

I was able to conditionally display the EC button based on the module enabled or not. The current logic was

<?php if(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_STATUS == 'True' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_WPP_STATUS=='True') { ?>

which reads that if either module is set to "True" then display the button. Well, that's not correct, is it? I mean, if you disable the EC module then the button should also be disabled, especially since once disabled that option no longer appears on the payment selection page when brought back from PP.

By removing the condition that the WPP status be set to true, the button is only dispalyed if the EC module is enabled.

Well, since you don't have my PP sandbox information, you wont be able to test on my site.

Going back to the forum topics and browsing around for the last hour or so I can see that most of what I've "discovered" has actually been addressed in another forum before.

My (and perhaps others who need to charge tax) biggest problem is still going to be that PP will not return the tax amount in the final confirmation and therefore is never collected when using EC.

I also think it's unecessary to bring the buyer back to the payment selection yet again during the EC process but I can understand why it needs to go back to the ship method selection in order to recalculate any address changes from the PP side.

EC is not really "Express" when you look at all the steps it takes to get to the success page (not to mention the tax liability issue). Using WPP is actually much faster for the buyer and financially safer for the seller.

I won't be using EC until at least the tax issue can be addressed or fixed. Great contribution otherwise!

EC is not really "Express" when you look at all the steps it takes to get to the success page (not to mention the tax liability issue). Using WPP is actually much faster for the buyer and financially safer for the seller.

I won't be using EC until at least the tax issue can be addressed or fixed. Great contribution otherwise!

According to PayPal's business rules, which you agreed to when you subscribed to WPP, you must offer EC as a condition of using the Direct Payment API. This is what sank the first two or three attempts at a WPP payment module. I've been using the other one (by dynamoeffects) since it was released at 0.1 and have been quite happy with it. It is set up to go from checkout_payment to checkout_confirmation (skipping checkout_payment) when you use EC.

Regarding your tax problem, others have encountered similar problems; I think the solution has to do with the order total calculation, but I'm not certain.

--Glen

I also think it's unecessary to bring the buyer back to the payment selection yet again during the EC process but I can understand why it needs to go back to the ship method selection in order to recalculate any address changes from the PP side.

perryridge, you are very right. I noticed the problem going through the shipping process twice and it could be really confusing for customers. But I hadn't noticed the adress change problem.

I was wondering whether you could be able to charge customers through credit card on your web site. As I mentioned in my previous post I couldn't succees on it.

After strugling with this contribution for a week, today I just decided to swithc to the other one.

It looks we are on the same page.

I've installed Paypal, and set up my sandbox, api cert uploaded.... but I get this error:::

(2060) Unable to locate cURL binary ().

WHAT is a cURL?? Am I suppose to have it ? I got the error, and went back and set it to false, but still get the error.

Can anyone help???? :huh:

Hi Patric,

Every thing is work great, I have proved out the EC and the Credit Card prooccessing. Now I am having more problem.

When I go to check out on my oscommerece I get a security alert as follows.

1. The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority.

2. The security certificate date is valid

and here is the problem!!

3. The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

I don't understand this because it shows the name of my ulr weightlossoasis.com on the certificate

You can check this out for yourself www.weightlossoasis.com

Can you help

Thanks

David :thumbsup:

Hi Patric,

Every thing is work great, I have proved out the EC and the Credit Card prooccessing. Now I am having more problem.

When I go to check out on my oscommerece I get a security alert as follows.

1. The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority.

2. The security certificate date is valid

and here is the problem!!

3. The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

I don't understand this because it shows the name of my ulr weightlossoasis.com on the certificate

You can check this out for yourself www.weightlossoasis.com

Can you help

Thanks

David :thumbsup:

No offense meant but this sounds like the cert or server is not configured correctly. You have a limited amount of time, I believe, to have the cert re-issued.

However, your best bet is to address this problem in a topic that addresses the topic of SSL problems OR contact your SSL cert provider for support. It's a very common problem.

Metinex, I actually did switch over and am in testing right now. I've already run into an error upon the first install. I'll take it up in the other topic.

Edited by perryridge

Hi Patric,

I am getting a "(10550) Direct Payment has be disabled on this account. Transaction has not been processed"

In the address bar the following.

https://weightlossoasis.com/checkout_paymen...+been+processed.

The paypal works fine.

It is only the Direct payment with the credit card I am having a problem with

Can you help?

Thanks

David

Are you sure that you completed setting up Profile -> API Access

Creating API

Downloadind and installing onto your serve

and finally you have to five authorization to the API account that created under Profile -> API Access -> API Authorizations

Are you sure that you completed setting up Profile -> API Access

Creating API

Downloadind and installing onto your serve

and finally you have to five authorization to the API account that created under Profile -> API Access -> API Authorizations

Hello all.

I just install the PPWebPayment Pro and have two issues.

1.) When I click on the Paypal icon that says "Check out with Paypal" "Save time. Checkout securely. Pay without sharing your financial information." I get the following error:

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_PROCESS_ERROR

2.) When I try to use the "Paypal Express Checkout", then hit "confirm order", I get thrown over to the "Paypal Sandbox" devlopers page. "To access the PayPal Sandbox, please log in to PayPal Developer Central."

3.) Do I need to purchase/install a SSL now or is the security handled through Paypal (I signed up for the Paypal Website Payments Pro).

Any ideas on where to start with these?

Thanks,

Mark

BTW - The credit card (I assume "Website Payments Pro") seems to work fine as does the standard paypal and check/mo options.

When I click on the paypal button in shopping_cart.php I get this error "There has been an error processing your payment. Please try again." and I do not know why. And when I put in that test credit card number during the other checkout process, I can't get any further than the confirmation screen.

Any ideas?

i get the same error message when testing i get to the comfim button and whrn i press it it comes back with

There has been an error processing your payment. Please try again."

please help

lepercon

bythe way my name is patrick 2

Edited by lepercn

TY... Now, I have another question.... are we suppose to have this for paypal? And if so, where do I get the neccesary files?

open your oscommerce admin. go to tools/server info. look at the server info section called configure command.

find the line in there like this: '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib'

see '--without-curl'= bad news 4 u

scroll down your server info page more to find this:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.11.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.2.1

have similar? you have curl support.

ask your host about curl. it is not a paypal specific library, but rather compiled into your php version.

required?

from the paypal webpayments pro readme file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] INSTALLATION

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1.1 Server Requirements]

- PHP 4.1 or Greater

- cURL

- OpenSSL