• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where do files go

Hi,

I have tried installing this contrib several times and can't seem to get it to work. The instal instructions say that you download to your catalogue folder, so I take it that this means that the admin folder replaces the existing one and likewise for includes. Or is this totally wrong. Doing it this way all I get is lots of error messages (below) on the front page and nothing in the backend. Have I got this totally wrong.

Norri

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/xxxxx/public_html/amazonremedy/index.php on line 331

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/amazonremedy/index.php on line 331

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/xxxxxxx/public_html/amazonremedy/index.php on line 331

The files in a contribution will go in the same directory structure as your store - the contribution directories do not replace your existing directories :D

Matti

Ok thanks, I did all that but I can't see in the instal notes anything about having to alter the filenames.php file, what do I change it too exactly.

Also doesn't this only effect the mainpage, I should be seeing something in the backend shouldn't I.

I'm fairly new to this so bear with me, I have downloaded quite a few contribs so far but this one doesn't seem easy. For instance what I don't get is this. If I upload the folders "admin" and "includes" don't they overwrite the existing ones.

I have also tried unpacking them and putting each file to it's corresponding one but this didn't work either.

Maybe I'm just missing something here

Thanks for your help

Norri