• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Countdown to Christmas

julianpuje

I want to add a countdown on my index.php or column_left that shows how many shopping days left until Christmas. I've looked around the contributions with no luck. Does anybody know how i can do this?

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

i checked your site.. you have html code showing up in the scrolling message

Thanks

I take it your using firefox or Opera then? i didn't check it with them. If you use it, just remove the ? after the 'Only' and leave a space instead. It will get rid of ? showing.

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julian,

I downloaded your contrib and added your code to my index file but I'm getting this error:

Warning: Unexpected T-Sting in ******/includes/languages/english/index.php Line 87

Line 87 says:

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">var date = new Date('December 25, 2005');var now = new Date();var diff = date.getTime() - now.getTime();var days = Math.floor (diff / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24));document.write('Only ');document.write(days+1 + ' Days To Christmas');</SCRIPT></marquee></font>

Would you please help me to get rid of this error?

Thanks in advance.

Shams

Hi

It won't work in the file you have put it into. If you want it on your first page only you need to add it to your catalog/index.php. Or add it to your catalog/includes/header.php if you want it to show at the top of every page.

Also my reply above is to remove the ??, for some reason it's missing from the post.

Archived