• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Information

NigelDeEthiopia

Hi everyone,

I am posting my site up soon and I want to be able to accept credit cards...

Problem is I have no idea which credit card modules do what...

Can someone briefly explain the basic cc modules or provide a link for me to read...

Also I may just want to have the cc number sent to me via email so that I can just verify/process the credit card myself... is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Nick

Hi everyone,

I am posting my site up soon and I want to be able to accept credit cards...

Problem is I have no idea which credit card modules do what...

Can someone briefly explain the basic cc modules or provide a link for me to read...

Also I may just want to have the cc number sent to me via email so that I can just verify/process the credit card myself... is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Nick

If you will be processing the card manually, then you would be using the basic "credit card" module, the other modules (authorize.net and others) require you to have an account with them and they will do the processing.

I don't recommend having anybody's credit card number being sent via e-mail, that's too dangerous. The credit card module gives you an option where it will e-mail you the middle digits and the rest of the number is stored on the database and you can access it via the admin panel and piece it together to process it. Not the safest thing, but better than having everything sent by e-mail.

I hope I made sense.

If you will be processing the card manually, then you would be using the basic "credit card" module, the other modules (authorize.net and others) require you to have an account with them and they will do the processing.

I don't recommend having anybody's credit card number being sent via e-mail, that's too dangerous. The credit card module gives you an option where it will e-mail you the middle digits and the rest of the number is stored on the database and you can access it via the admin panel and piece it together to process it. Not the safest thing, but better than having everything sent by e-mail.

I hope I made sense.

in regards to this, i want to offer cc so people don't have to use paypal which is the only method of payment i currently accept. how does this actually implement into oscommerce? is it like suggested above where you just manually process the credit card information into the merchant acct's website or however it's done (i have no clue) or are there modules (i didn't see the one i'd need listed in the admin section) that automatically process this? Basically, i'm not quite certain how this would work into my website and want an idea before going forward so i know what i'm getting into. thanks.

You could get a merchant account with authorize.net or a similar company in which case you would install the module with their name and the card processing would be done automatically online.

If you have a credit card terminal offline at your business you would then use the default credit card module where the customer will enter the credit card number and you would then manually enter the transaction into your terminal.

You could get a merchant account with authorize.net or a similar company in which case you would install the module with their name and the card processing would be done automatically online.

If you have a credit card terminal offline at your business you would then use the default credit card module where the customer will enter the credit card number and you would then manually enter the transaction into your terminal.

how is it implemented if you would like the cc processed automatically with a merchant acct that isn't authorize.net and there isn't a module for it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm absolut beginners and I need a first help cause I have been posting up a new site (www.apulianfood.com), but I don't know how receive payment by credit card.

Is there someone who may simply explain me every single step I have to do?

I have already called VISA and MASTERCARD circuits and they are going to let me submit a contract soon.

Thanks

Valerio

Hi Everyone. I've got a follow up question that looks like it should be here. :)

I'm trying to set up OS Commerce for a friend's aquarium store. He already has a merchant account, & has decided to use the credit card module and process credit cards manually.

The host I'm using has a shared SSL certificate. Can we process credit cards under the shared SSL certificate, or does he need one of his own?

Any instructions/advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Skestler,

I'm not sure if other hosts do the same thing as we do, I don't think so, but we give you the choice of selecting the server wide SSL cert or the domains SSL cert. Here is a screen shot of our SSL setup area for osCommerce: http://www.domainmasters.net/e-commerce/cert_Select.png - Load this URL incase the image doesn't show.

I hope this helps. Bye the way, our version of osCommerce has been customized for our hosting system and it's called CartXrpess. It has many other enhancements as well.

Stone

DomainMasters.NET

Hi Everyone. I've got a follow up question that looks like it should be here. :)

I'm trying to set up OS Commerce for a friend's aquarium store. He already has a merchant account, & has decided to use the credit card module and process credit cards manually.

The host I'm using has a shared SSL certificate. Can we process credit cards under the shared SSL certificate, or does he need one of his own?

Any instructions/advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

cert_Select.png