• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

check your database for all the order status values. It must be something wrong with the order status value settings.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

11 Downloads Now Available

is set yet it is not called when the transaction is done I can't understand what the heck it is I have check every byte of code

Blahhah

Well Here is my Final outcome I removed that PayPal contrib and reinstalled the one that came with it. works better then this one when you do the shopping cart hack it does not even show up in the cart till you make the payment!

Hats off to you Alex for all your help my friend, I wish you the very best!

Tony

well, if you're going to sell downloadable goods, the stock paypal module is not much help. It doesn't come with FEEDBACK from paypal telling your osC whether the payment is good or not. There for instant download is not achievable.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

try not to use the modified osC package from your host. Download the official latest release and start over.

09/28/2006 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

09/28/2006 11 Downloads Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $0.11)]

NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

Is it possible to offer free downloads e.g. for "promotion purposes"? B)

If I'm currently have a downloadable product with price and weight 0, and have the PayPal IPN module activated, I'm not able to download it for free.

RTFM of Downloads Controller: Includes Free Shipping and Free Payment Modules.

It only does not explain how to activate it. :-"

This possibility is shipped with the Downloads Controller (Download_Controllerv5.3 MS2.2_2). After you have installed the Downloads Controller you need to activate it. :blush:

Go to OSC Admin > Modules > Payment and activate: Free Charge Module and enable it there.

Change also the "Set Order Status" to "11 Downloads now available" in this payment module.

Than buy a "downloadable" product with price 0 and checkout. You'll be able to immediately download. :rolleyes:

keywords: freecharger.php, free download,

AlexStudio and all others,

do you only offer PayPal IPN as payment module for download shops?

What about moneybookers as alternative? As far as I know they have lower fees and a contibutions is also available.

I just posted the following question in the officeial PayPal IPN thread:

I have installed the Official PayPal IPN module togehter with the download controller.

As an additional payment module I want to offer moneybookers

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,moneybookers.

Does anyone know if these modules clash in anyway or can they be used side by side?

Thank you very much in advance.

sinbadsurf, I took a quick look into that moneybooker module. I didn't see anything about feedback after payment approved, like IPN does. If it doesn't come with the feature to update order status on successful payments, it is not much help for selling instant downloads.

sinbadsurf, I took a quick look into that moneybooker module. I didn't see anything about feedback after payment approved, like IPN does. If it doesn't come with the feature to update order status on successful payments, it is not much help for selling instant downloads.

In that case I would update the status manually. The good thing is, that moneybookers do not charge the merchant for receiving money. You'll be charged when you transfer the money to your bank account.

Paypal costs 35cnet + 2,9-3,9 %. This is much to high if your shop has micropayment download products for 99 cent or 1,99 dollar. )

Did you saw any possible code incompatibilities between paypal ipn and moneybookers?

If you want to update order status manually, you can use any payment modules you like.

I didn't look into the code, but I think it's ok if you want to give it a try. Charge payment fee on customers and they have to wait longer to get the download? I don't think it's a good service.

Simbadsurf, just go to your account profile and don't accept echeck. That's all.

I still have problems with the accepted payment receiving preferences.

I did what you said and blocked receiving echeck payments but anyway this is offered for the buyer.

Please see here my Payment Receiving Preferences:

payrecprefil6.gif

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1395/payrecprefil6.gif

But when the shop buyer is redirected to paypals payment site as customer there are not only credit card payments offered. Beside the credit card payments it also offers debit bank transfer from normal bank account:

See here:

bankaccountvi9.gif

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8326/bankaccountvi9.gif

I found in another live shop that someone is also using the PAYPAL IPN in OSComerce and there it works.

See here, there are only the credit card payments offered:

howitshouldbelc9.gif

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/6171/howitshouldbelc9.gif

Did I missed something somewhere?

• 2 months later...

Alex - First let me thank you personally for all your effort! Thanks to all the other people out there solving problems too but in this case, Alex is the hero.

I must confess that I didn't follow all your instructions in the guide. Actually I didn't actually follow them at all but used them as background information. Setting up the sandbox was unnecessary for my (slow) live site and it looked like a real hassle so I skipped it. I also didn't change the values assigned to the orders_status variables to be 10 and 12 or 101 or whatever.. Too confusing for me so I just left them as the defaults of 4 and 2 as they were with the original Downloads Controller contribution. Not sure why you suggest the changes but may be that I used a different version of Downloads Controller. I know I at least used version 5.3 or later but not sure which. My reason for not following these instructions was that I already had the downloads controller installed and working before installing PayPal IPN.

When I installed PayPal IPN it worked out of the box. My biggest hurdle was figuring out that I needed to change my orders_status for paid orders using PayPal IPN to be something other than default. As soon as I changed it to be "Processing" my downloads controller again worked but now using PayPal IPN. For anyone having this problem, try switching "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status" to "processing" and might solve your problem like it did mine. With the "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status" set to "Default" I was able to purchase and download the file upon returning to my site but then as soon as I left the page and tried to access the download any other way, as in by clicking on "my account" and then "view" there would be no download link - only a message saying that all downloads are not available until paid. So if anyone else has this problem, see above. By the way I don't have auto-return enabled in my PayPal account, nor do I have IPN enabled. Just a stock PayPal account as per the contribution's instructions.

Now.. I DO have a question here. Actually more than one so bear with me please:

1. When I make a test order on my live store, it works but I always get (and customer will see) "PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]" in the order comments. Hree is a screenshot from the customer perspective:

1.jpg

See the weird output in the order history? Is that normal? Why does it say "PayPal IPN Invalid (completed)?" That's weird! Something seems amiss...

In the control panel it's also screwy:

2.jpg

and here's how I have my PayPal IPN settings:

3.jpg

It works but screwy and I don't think the invalid is supposed to be coming back to me. I do receive the payment and the orders come through, customer can download, etc. but thinking this isn't right. Explanation?

2. My next question is regarding SSL and all the unexplained (in the instructions) fields in the lower half of the PayPal IPN settings page, such as private key, public certificate, paypals public certificate, etc.. What I am wondering is how necessary is it that I use SSL for PayPal IPN? First I would need to allow my site to use SSL right? What information is or is not being encrypted by this control? If it's credit card numbers then I don't know why anyone would run a site not using ssl. If it's just order details being passed unencrypted then well, no biggie but still might be worth protecting. So if I do decide to use SSL, do I need to use all of these? Just one? Which one I have no idea.. I am running several sites all using the same PayPal account so I don't want to mess up my other sites by locking myself into only being able to run one (paypal ipn using and ssl enabled) site.

"Your focus is your reality"

Well, unluckily for me, I didn't know that this thread existed at the time I tried to install both of these 2 scripts... Anyway, I thouht it was all perfect...but now when I hit CHECKOUT:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/midwestb/public_html/shop/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/midwestb/public_html/shop/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

and the downloads_controller.php file is:

<?php

/*

WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller Functions

NOTE: Some function may already exist in other Add-Ons I have created.

*/

?>

<?php

////

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: configuration key value lookup

function tep_get_configuration_key_value($lookup) {

$configuration_query_raw= tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key='" . $lookup . "'");

$configuration_query= tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query_raw);

$lookup_value= $configuration_query['configuration_value'];

return $lookup_value;

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: configuration key value lookup

?>

Well, unluckily for me, I didn't know that this thread existed at the time I tried to install both of these 2 scripts... Anyway, I thouht it was all perfect...but now when I hit CHECKOUT:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/midwestb/public_html/shop/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/midwestb/public_html/shop/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

and the downloads_controller.php file is:

<?php

/*

*/

?>

<?php

////

function tep_get_configuration_key_value($lookup) {

$configuration_query_raw= tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key='" . $lookup . "'");

return $lookup_value;

}

?>

I compared your file against mine and it's exactly the same. his makes me think that the problem could actually be somewhere else in your cart but ok, one thing that looked screwy to me in your file and mine too and most likely the contribution. Line 13 doesn't end with a semicolon. This is just a hunch and I haven't tested this yet but you can try this file and see if it solves your problem:

<?php
/*

*/
?>
<?php

////
function tep_get_configuration_key_value($lookup) {$configuration_query_raw= tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key='" . $lookup . "'");
return $lookup_value;
}

?>

If that works will you also let me know? Because if it does I will also change my file (though mine seems to be working as is.) The only change here is taking out a linebreak before line 14 in your file.

Edited by vyoufinder

"Your focus is your reality"

IT WORKS!

I had to start over twice...

The First time, I used the newest-posted downloads controller package - and also I realized I didn't set 11 with 11 and 12 with 12.

The 2nd time, I used the package Alex posted the latest, and set 11 with 11, 12 with 12...and bam, it works. thanks so much man you are a lifesaver with this! haha.

Sorry, last thing here...

My customers are NOT being notified of the sale in their email. I know, because I tried! haha.

and on the ORDERS page, it even has an "X" next to "customer notified", the important one: DONWLOADS NOW AVAILABLE.

I want them to get an EMAIL that gives them the download link, because not everyone always checks their account page for the link. they EXPECT an email. anyone?