• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

Which version of PayPal IPN module are you using?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I'm using PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Also I want to know how does paypal and the module comunicate each other? How paypal confirm to the module the transaction, if it was a succes or the reason if failed. I want to catch this information and if everything is allright, send to the customer a mail with a serial number for the software he bought, it's like a license for the software.

I hope I could explain my problem.

Your ipn.php is not working. Please refer to the install guide of PayPal IPN v2.3.3 regarding troubleshooting IPN. For advanced IPN troubleshooting please check this link.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Your ipn.php is not working. Please refer to the install guide of PayPal IPN v2.3.3 regarding troubleshooting IPN. For advanced IPN troubleshooting please check this link.

Thanks Alex for your help!!!

I followed all the steps at the readme.html file and finally got the blank page when I load

http://domain.com/catalog/ext/modules/paym...pal_ipn/ipn.php

on the browser, like the file says.

Now, when I test a purchase at my store, every looks fine. I received all the mails, the one for the buyer and the one for the seller. But when I go to my accounts to download the file, the status remains like: 3 Payment Processing. In other words, the status is not updated.

Then I received a mail with subject:

PayPal IPN Invalid Process

and in the body:

$_POST:

$_GET:

What do you recomend me to do? What I sholud do?

Thanks in advanced

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!!!

I have another doubt, I hope someone could help me. It's about the table orders_products_download. I need to know, when is inserted a row in the table? Which file has ths Insert into instruction?

I'm looking for this because I'm trying to give a serial number to each virtual product downloaded in my store, that is the field orders_products_download_id, isn't it?.

I want to insert the serial number id, saved in another table, when the row is inserted in the table orders_products_download.

I hope I made sense. Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Here is my setup

Orders Status

Orders Status Public Status Downloads Status Action

1 Pending (default) id=1

2 Processing id=2

3 Delivered id=3

Canceled id=88888

11 Downloads Now Available id=88889

12 Updated id=88890

Preparing [PayPal IPN] id=88891

how do I do this step

12. Go back to phpMyAdmin, in the page we left behine, click Search on the top, search for pending and sellect orders_status in the Inside table(s) below, then click Go. Search result should come out with 1 match, click on Browse. (If you accedently hit the Delete link, you will find out how important the backup procedure is.) Now, click on the pencil icon (Edit), there should be 3 Values, orders_status_id and language_id and orders_status_name. Yon should see the name '1 Pending' as we just changed in [step 11], now change the orders_status_id value to 1 if it isn't. Select Save and Go back to previous page, click Go. Do the same as above to find Processing, Payment, .....etc, and then change the id value corresponding to the leading number we set in the status name. Make sure every id value is set to the right number. This is crucial for Downloads Controller to work properly. Close phpMyAdmin after you finish editing all id value. Wala! We are DONE!!

Thanks

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on the osCommerce Forums. First, i would like to thank to all who contributes and supports the wonderful osCommerce community. I have read and pay close attention on most topic and troubleshooting guildes in order to build sucessfully this wonderful osCommerce Shopping cart.

Today, i have decided to make my fist post on this osC Paypal IPN forums, specially thanks to Alex for his great Contribution and Instruction to complete setup the Paypal IPN.

After days and nights reading, following step by step on the Instruction and work on the troubleshooting for the Paypal IPN, my test shop with a fresh osC 2.2MS2 and Paypal IPN module V2.3.3 still not working.

The Preparing [PayPal IPN] status won't change, order status and stock not update. My brain is freeze, I almost give up...

If anyone host your website at Godaddy, please give me an advise about this setup. I appreciate for any of your inputs to help me get my site goes LIVE!

Thanks,

...my Eye Drops is gone down half bottle....

Andy,

Anyone please tell me what i should do to fix this error:

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign(): error getting private key in /home/content/n/e/x/nexrc/html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 542

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/content/n/e/x/nexrc/html/shop/tmp/373136-2-signed.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/n/e/x/nexrc/html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 547

I have tried many ways:

-If i use the "cert_key_pem.txt" file that downloaded from Paypal in Your Private Key then I got the error above, but if i use my self-signed key generated by Cryto4 PKI in Your Private Key then no error occurred. Either ways, the Preparing [PayPal IPN] status still wont change, even after payment has made and return to click Continue.

Also, in my setting I leave this value as default:

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Or should I contact Godaddy to ask for the location of openssl?

Please HELP me!!!!!!

Thanks,

Andy,

• 2 weeks later...

error: file has no execute permission: (/home/wwww/public_html/index.php)

error: file has no execute permission: (/home/wwww/public_html/admin/index.php)

I can't visit my site and admin section, it shows "500 Internal Server Error"

The last contribution i installed is Downloads Controller v5.2 MS1.

I still can visit my site after installed Downloads Controller v5.2 MS1.

Even I edit some parameters of Downloads Controller v5.2 MS1 in admin section and phpmyadmin.

I still can visit admin section.

But after I closed the browser and then open it. I can't visit both.

Please help me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am using Oscommerce Paypal_IPN V 2.2 and on some orders I get 2 - 3 extra "IPN Notices in the order section". The notices are all the same status and usually are in a couple seconds from each other.

Example -

05/31/2008 16:15:00 Processing PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $40.98)]

05/31/2008 16:16:00 Processing PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $40.98)]

05/31/2008 16:17:00 Processing PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $40.98)]

This only happens on some orders not all. I get about 150 orders a day. I also get duplicate emails every time this happens.

Its not a duplicate order its the same order but with multiple notices.

Does anyone know how to prevent "duplicate" notices from being entered or how to correct this? I have tried to duplicate this problem using sandbox, but haven't been able to.

Any help on how to possibly debug this would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Download Controller installed but not using it and I seem to have stumbled onto an old problem I cannot find the answer to in any support thread. I get an osC.class.php error when processing the order using PayPal IPN 2.3.3. First it called to an non-existent path and file => includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php - so I added it and the file, now I have double pathing problems instead as thus where it looks like it's now calling to database_tables.inc.php and checkout_process.inc.php files I do not know.

Is this an old issue that some one knows? There seems to be a lot of reference to the includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php error on the Internet via Google but I can find the solution

Here's what I get after the confirm order button in the browser

Warning: check_order_status(includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php) [function.check-order-status]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php on line 27

Warning: check_order_status() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php on line 27

Warning: before_process(includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php) [function.before-process]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

Warning: before_process(includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php) [function.before-process]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

Warning: before_process() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

• 1 month later...

Hi Alex,

I've followed your instructions up to step 7 but i dont get any download link showing before i complete the transaction or after. Im using the ipn contrib from Mark Evans, 12 Jan 2005 and im fairly sure ive got OsCommerce version 2.2

I have no idea why im not getting a link at this stage, my file name for my test file is exactly the same as it is for my test product, which has been set in the product attributes. I would appreciate any ideas to get things going at this stage as i am rather keen to get downloads working.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Alex,

CAn you help me with this ??

I am getting these messages when im checking out a product.

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 568

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 571

Warning: unlink(/home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/tmp/758413-2-signed.txt) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 572

Warning: fopen(/home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/tmp/758413-2-encrypted.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 574

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/tmp/758413-2-encrypted.txt in /home/shaamt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 575

BTW i'am using PayPal IPN v2.3.4.5_1

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi Alex,

I'm using version 2.3.3 of the module and have sporadic "Data does not match input character set or default encoding.For more information, please contact the merchant" errors with the module.

I solved some of these initial issues by removing special characters from the product names.

My first try of using the code below (posted here: http://www.ez-oscommerce.com/oscommerce-su...9917-2600.html) for an older version of the module helped a little.

However once in a while I still get these errors.

Concerning the encoding subject that has been discussed and the "You have entered unsupported characters for this field. Current available language character types are: European, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Thai. Please try again." error, i have found a working solution.

It took me some time, lots of searching and testing but i finnaly found a solution for this problem (at least it works for me.

STEP 1

in includes/functions/general.php add

CODE
function tsy_paypaltr($var)
{
// a single accentuated/special character matches a single non acc/spec character:
$var = strtr($var, "ŠŽŸÀÁÂÃÅÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕØÙÚÛÝÞ", "SZYAAAAACEEEEIIIIDNOOOOOUUUYP");
$var = strtr($var, "šžÿàáâãåçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõøùúûýþµ", "szyaaaaaceeeeiiiidnooooouuuypu");
// a single accentuated/special character matches a couple of non acc/spec character:
$var = str_replace("Œ", "OE", $var);
$var = str_replace("Æ", "AE", $var);
$var = str_replace("œ", "oe", $var);
$var = str_replace("æ", "ae", $var);
return $var;
}

feel free to add, remove or change the chars being replaced.

STEP 2

in includes/modules/payment/paypal.php around line 481 change

CODE
while (list($key, $value) = each($parameters)) {
echo tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);

to

CODE
while (list($key, $value) = each($parameters)) {
echo tep_draw_hidden_field($key, tsy_paypaltr($value));

And that's it, no more error. I hope this works for everyone else with the same problem. 

While scanning through the paypal_ipn.php file I found following code from you:

}
     /********************************************************************************
     *    Currently these are the supported charsets:                                             *
     *    big5, euc-jp, euc-kr, euc-tw, gb2312, hz-gb-2312, ibm-862, iso-2022-cn, iso-2022-jp,    *
     *    iso-2022-kr, iso-8859-1, iso-8859-2, iso-8859-3, iso-8859-4, iso-8859-5, iso-8859-6,    *
     *    iso-8859-7, iso-8859-8, iso-8859-9, iso-8859-13, iso-8859-15, ko18-r, shift_jis,        *
     *    utf-7, utf-8, utf-16, utf-16be, utf-16le, utf-16_platformendian, utf-16_oppositeendian, *
     *    utf-32, utf-32be, utf-32le, utf-32_platformendian, utf-32_oppositeendian, usa-ascii,    *
     *    windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, windows-1254, windows-1255,     *
     *    windows-1256, windows-1257, windows-1258, windows-874, windows-949, x-mac-greek,        *
     *    x-mac-turkish, x-mac-centraleurroman, x-mac-cyrillic, ebcdic-cp-us, ibm-1047            *
     ********************************************************************************
**************/
     $parameters['charset'] = "utf-8"; // Modify this line if you have problems with the character set.
// EOF parameters fix by AlexStudio

Will it help if I change the charset here? What would be the best charset to use to also support european names including ', ` or -

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by Idefix_SIN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

My store has Currency module. This module makes users to see the products in various currencies. When the currency is selected as USD, the order goes to Paypal and all is fine. Where as if any other non-Paypal currency which is INR is selected, the order stops displaying

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

So let me know what to be done to convert any currency into USD before it is sent to Paypal.

On Zencart there seems to be no issue like this.

Thanks in advance....................:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I am using Oscommerce Paypal_IPN V 2.2 and on some orders I get 2 - 3 extra "IPN Notices in the order section". The notices are all the same status and usually are in a couple seconds from each other.

Example -

This only happens on some orders not all. I get about 150 orders a day. I also get duplicate emails every time this happens.

Its not a duplicate order its the same order but with multiple notices.

Does anyone know how to prevent "duplicate" notices from being entered or how to correct this? I have tried to duplicate this problem using sandbox, but haven't been able to.

Any help on how to possibly debug this would be great.

I am having this issue as well using IPN V2.1..

anyone know why ?

thanks